Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,230 members, 7,836,108 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:52 PM

COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support (19616 Views)

COVID-19: FG Screening 19 Nigerian Firms' Claim On Cure And Treatment / COVID-19: Nigerian Students In UK Test Positive For Coronavirus / Ernest Izevbigie Sues Nigerian Breweries For Misleading People About Malt Drink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by oneTIMEman(m): 11:56am On Apr 22, 2020
They are very stupid

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by 9gerian: 11:59am On Apr 22, 2020
Well, part of the problem may be the structure for such distributions to people if they try to do it themselves.

And with the rowdiness that we have been seeing during such sharing of palliatives, things can get awry if for instance people in Mushin and Lagos Island learn that “Nigerian Breweries” was sharing palliatives in Surulere. That may lead to mob action, riots and all sorts of unplanned fallouts.

I imagine that the company must have weighed all the options and scenarios before deciding to go through with the government initiatives.

Coronavirus84:
Henceforth I will stop drinking beer from now on. Nigerian Brewery can not buy relief materials to we the consumers of their product, its federal government that will embezzled the money they gave. Aye gbogbo yin maa daru ni ooooo
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by bamac(m): 11:59am On Apr 22, 2020
Coronavirus84:
Henceforth I will stop drinking beer from now on. Nigerian Brewery can not buy relief materials to we the consumers of their product, its federal government that will embezzled the money they gave. Aye gbogbo yin maa daru ni ooooo
I am sure if not for bad government we have been experiencing you won't say this. I am sure if there isn't lockdown they would have done a promo in the bar or outlet you patronize regularly. The best way to reach out to every consumer this period is through the government as they also need to gain government favour along. Let's take sentiment out of it, we will do same too. Let's just hope God touch the heart of our current leaders and then give we citizens better understanding to elect the right one in future.

God bless Nigeria. Thank you NB.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by LagosWahala: 11:59am On Apr 22, 2020
zoedew:
chicken feed. fo all the hectolitres of alcohol they sell!

For a company that pays 20% excise duty on top of VAT for every bottle of alcohol sold, dem try.

Their mates at Guinness and International Breweries have donated nothing so far.

If you wan blame anybody for the small donation, blame PMB and former Finance Minister Kemi Adeosun.

Her badly thought out alcohol tax is being implemented by the present Minister with vexnation!

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Elinosweet143(f): 12:00pm On Apr 22, 2020
Am sure all this people donating upadan are no where close to nairaland so the people's wailing are not heard at all. One wld ask the true essence of BVN , it is not put in action when it is truly needed
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Maski87: 12:03pm On Apr 22, 2020
Instead the should reduce 1 bottle of star to 50 naira so that the poor man can benefit this 600 million we no go even know when the spend am finish on overseas trips.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Obiomon: 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
WHO ELSE IS HAVING A boring quarantine ? CLINK THE LINK ON MY SIGNATURE AND LETS HAVE SOME FUN grin
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by olaitonto(m): 12:05pm On Apr 22, 2020
Covid19 Has Further Opened Our Eyes To Ths Lacklusterous Govt Nd Church Overseers! I Pray It Ends Soon. I Already Knw Wat To Do.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Denique(f): 12:06pm On Apr 22, 2020
They should give the FGN drinks instead undecided
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by expressvic: 12:07pm On Apr 22, 2020
Good one
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Mutemenot(m): 12:08pm On Apr 22, 2020
They better give us free beer to drink kiss
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Gokoyer0(m): 12:10pm On Apr 22, 2020
Don't mind the greedy business men. They re only giving out the money to govt for their self-interests. I am hoping that the virus will not hit us as bad as US and other Western countries.
callmeVIBRANT:
Share the money to people, stop donating
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by sinator(m): 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
ChemicalReaction please I have been trying to reach you. Check your mail please
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Odogwu999(m): 12:12pm On Apr 22, 2020
With these kind hungry were they wire me. Papa GOD send my helper
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by ogubolokento(m): 12:14pm On Apr 22, 2020
Rubbish give money to the needy....
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Commonsense99: 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
angry
Dear Nigerian breweries, please use that money to buy hospital equipments, use the remaining balance to buy foodstuffs and share to the vulnerable population and customers who purchases your alcoholic beverages, emphasis on those states who don't practice sharia.. Afterall the money is proceeds from. Alcohol which is haram in the North. grin

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by holubee21(m): 12:15pm On Apr 22, 2020
bamac:
I am sure if not for bad government we have been experiencing you won't say this. I am sure if there isn't lockdown they would have done a promo in the bar or outlet you patronize regularly. The best way to reach out to every consumer this period is through the government as they also need to gain government favour along. Let's take sentiment out of it, we will do same too. Let's just hope God touch the heart of our current leaders and then give we citizens better understanding to elect the right one in future.

God bless Nigeria. Thank you NB.

Who is dis preacher? Do these people want their hearts to be touched by God? Channel this prayer to ur family God shud bless u dat u won't wait for govt to do something.. The country is bad and the foundation has bin destroyed for long.. These looters are not ready to fix it.. Just imagine since 1960 na same complain till now... I grew up with power failure in dis country now my kids are growing up with power failure too in dis century of ours
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 22, 2020
All these people get money like this and cannot donate to give us 24hrs electricity. chai grin
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by edward1106(m): 12:19pm On Apr 22, 2020
edoairways:
Am disappointed if this is true. You didn't donate to your customers who made you rather you made the government your top priority. I hope hope reasonable Nigerians would be wise not to buy their products next time

See it as an indirect way of tax payment.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Osek(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Why Dem nor just share the money to Nigerians like 10k to every Nigerian where d money reach Dem go stop... Instead of giving it to our corrupt government undecided undecided
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by sotall(m): 12:20pm On Apr 22, 2020
Originakalokalo:
For those who think science is greater than God, you can see what ordinary virus is doing?

They say there are other 50 deadlier viruses that have not jumped on humans yet.... imagine 5 of these coming at once?

We have conquered the space, tamed animals but our society stinks of violence, killings, sexual perversion etc.

Sodom and Gomorah did not do as much as we have done.

Those in the days of Noah were saints compared to this present world.

We deserve what is happening to us and much more.

I don't need to mince words here....God is angry with the world. He is in charge and has decided to shut everyone down.

Change your ways, accept Jesus and live a holy life.

Jesus will save you from sin and give you eternal life.

Remove the log from your eyes and see you didn't make any sense from wat you have written.

How many covid 19 patients has your church healed?

You remember the bible says you will do greater works than Jesus?
Why are all the pastors who claim to know Jesus gone into their holes leaving medical science to battle coronavirus?

Shouldn't this be the right time for Christians to prove the power of their God by healing infected people?
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by PHijo(m): 12:21pm On Apr 22, 2020
richard69:
Hope Kano didn't get a dime? Hisbah be going about destroying beer bottles & content.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by kumz(m): 12:22pm On Apr 22, 2020
Nice gesture from them, so we employ all those company's who have contributed in spoiling our roads to make their own donation cos they have also benefit from us in the country.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Tekzyflex(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
So nothing goes to Wike again! Why are they treating this man like this?
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by MansoryMX(m): 12:25pm On Apr 22, 2020
kikero:

As at 4 days ago, donations to the federal government's COVID19 purse reached 25billion naira.

That's enough to give

One million and two hundred and fifty thousand Nigerians a one off handout of N20000

One hundred and twenty five thousand Nigerians a one off handout of N200000.

Out of 200million Nigerians.

When you get that we are not a rich nation, and that government is failing by not making us a productive nation, then you will see that those billions cannot take us anywhere.

P.S Nigerian breweries get a lot of their grains from the Northern part of Nigeria.Also, a lot of non-muslim and even a few Muslim northerners drink alcohol.

Whoever is in charge of disbursing these donations will end up like Abba Kyari. Even in death he will still continue to bleed!

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Originakalokalo(m): 12:26pm On Apr 22, 2020
sotall:

Remove the log from your eyes and see you didn't make any sense from wat you have written.

How many covid 19 patients has your church healed?

You remember the bible says you will do greater works than Jesus?
Why are all the pastors who claim to know Jesus gone into their holes leaving medical science to battle coronavirus?

Shouldn't this be the right time for Christians to prove the power of their God by healing infected people?

You don't know the Bible sir.

Read it well.

When God was angry with Jerusalem, and he brought their armies to take the children of Israel to captivity in Babylon,

Daniel, Shedrach Meshach and Abednego were also taken captive.

Few persons who were righteous were also taken into captivity.

Are you holy? Do you live a holy life?

Change your ways.... because the wrath of God is coming.

The world has not seen anything yet.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by edoairways: 12:27pm On Apr 22, 2020
edward1106:

See it as an indirect way of tax payment.
No they will still pay their taxes. this government needs money now.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Originakalokalo(m): 12:28pm On Apr 22, 2020
lekspot01:

you've been saying something meaningful from the beginning not until you want to conclude it... no one can save anyone bro, only God, the creator of Jesus Christ is the one that can save us.... be corrected

Jesus said..."No one can come to the Father except through me"

That means you don't know God if it is not through Jesus.

That's c clear mark between my God and yours.

You're not serving my God since you are not doing it through Jesus.

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by Wazobia20: 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
Please all these organizations,firms,individuals etc who are supporting our so called Government with cash,please you guys should stop.Instead buy relief materials and give them...Enough of aroma of soup without we citizens not tasting the soup
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by bamac(m): 12:30pm On Apr 22, 2020
holubee21:

Who is dis preacher? Do these people want their hearts to be touched by God? Channel this prayer to ur family God shud bless u dat u won't wait for govt to do something.. The country is bad and the foundation has bin destroyed for long.. These looters are not ready to fix it.. Just imagine since 1960 na same complain till now... I grew up with power failure in dis country now my kids are growing up with power failure too in dis century of ours
Well, I don't need to shout here before praying for myself and family... I sincerely understand the outburst my boss, but there is nothing I can do about it, this is my country, I can only do my part through obedience to rules and regulations and then pray for a better nation. It might be dark now, the future is beyond anyone's reasoning.

MAY GOD BLESS NIGERIA.
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by foreshore(m): 12:31pm On Apr 22, 2020
Ravon:

SOURCE: https://brandspurng.com/2020/04/22/standing-with-nigeria-against-covid-19-nigerian-breweries-plc-announces-n600-million-support/

Donors should stop giving money directly to government but Nigerians directly. All this monies being donated will only enter the pockets of the politicians who don't have the interest of Nigerians at heart
Re: COVID-19: Nigerian Breweries Plc Announces ₦600 Million Support by sapientia(m): 12:32pm On Apr 22, 2020
Will the North share from it?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

HIV Vaccine Reported To Be Successful In Trials By Canadian University / Nicola Zingaretti Contracts Coronavirus In Italy / Covid-19: Fmic Releases Frequently Asked Questions On Coronavirus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.