Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,659 members, 7,955,380 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:29 AM

Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! (7038 Views)

PDP Sweeps Akwa Ibom Re-run Election / Party Agent Attacked At Benue-South Re-Run Election - PICS / Imo Governorship Re-run Election: Okorocha In Early Lead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by jfking2005(m): 11:35am On Jan 07, 2011
Source==

http://www.huhuonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2481:delta-state-guber-re-run-how-they-fared&catid=103:more-news

PDP win 12LGAs, DPP has 8LGAs (20LGA, Result Released By INEC)
In Oshimili South, Democratic Peoples Party (DPP) led with 2,811 while the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) has 2,466 votes out of 5,532 valid votes cast.

Oshimili North- PDP (4,412), DPP- 1,310,

Ika South- PDP (5,476) and DPP (2,767),

Ukwani- DPP (7,168), PDP- (2,277),

Patani- PDP (7,583) PDP (1,975),

Aniocha North- PDP (4,809), DPP- (1,105),

Ika North East- DPP (2,830), PDP- (14,360),

Okpe- DPP (5,266), PDP (4,059).

Ndokwa East- DPP (1, 736), PDP- (6,856),

Uvwie- DPP (10,719), PDP- (2,402),

Ethiope East- DPP (18,916), PDP (1,282),

Ethiope West- DPP (2,879), PDP (17,335),

Aniocha South- DPP (1,312), PDP (5,692),

Sapele- DPP (4,657), PDP (4,360),

Ndokwa West- DPP (6112), PDP (3632),

Warri North- DPP (470), PDP(37,139) ,

Warri South- DPP (8195), PDP(48,659),

Bomadi - DPP (4,354), PDP(21,632),

Isoko South -DPP(5,523), PDP(9,567)

Isoko North-DPP(7,785), PDP(5,808).

As at press time, more results are still been awaited to be collated and presented by the various collation officers attached to the remaning five local government areas.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Remii(m): 11:46am On Jan 07, 2011
jfking2005:

Source==

http://www.huhuonline.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=2481:delta-state-guber-re-run-how-they-fared&catid=103:more-news

Ethiope East- DPP (18,916), PDP (1,282), 

Ethiope West- DPP (2,879), PDP (17,335),   

Warri North- DPP (470), PDP(37,139) ,

Warri South- DPP (8195), PDP(48,659),

Bomadi - DPP (4,354), PDP(21,632),

na waa o, there are more people in riverine areas than dry land.  lipsrsealed
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by honeric01(m): 11:51am On Jan 07, 2011
Maybe fish and crabs vote too grin grin grin
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by otokx(m): 12:13pm On Jan 07, 2011
Very interesting
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by atahom: 12:43pm On Jan 07, 2011
funny how this is going horribly wrong!been talking to folks and still cant find anyone that disagrees,they all insist it was a completely walkover IFO the DPP inspite of the faulty voter’s register.now results are showing something to the contrary. And all this when Jega was on ground in asaba in person,imagine the April polls when he probably will be in Abuja or only one state at a time, i was beginning to think 2011 was the year we would get it right with elections. So much for the fiery prof.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by xoxogg(f): 12:50pm On Jan 07, 2011
^^PDP has performed this their magic again 

It is either JEGA has been compromised or PDP have outsmarted JEGA(giving that they have yrs n yrs of experience rigging and they can fluently speak the language of the election thugs). Either way tells a sorry tale. Its pathetic and heart breaking, with elections a few months away, i'm tempted not to vote, cos apparently PDP can never let go of their rigging culture.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by honeric01(m): 12:54pm On Jan 07, 2011
2011 is going to be very bloody, there's no 2 way about it,
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by tchaik(m): 1:04pm On Jan 07, 2011
honeric01:

Maybe fish and crabs vote too grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Maybe they added one '0' for every 10 miliion naira for PDP, or more still, multiplied PDP votes by the votes received by DPP.
SORRY NIGERIA
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by lukman75: 1:07pm On Jan 07, 2011
Hope is one man one vote. jega. world is watching, beware of history, it doesn't forget oooo.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Nobody: 1:09pm On Jan 07, 2011
Remii:

na waa o, there are more people in riverine areas than dry land.  lipsrsealed
those are the kind of places where rigging takes place. angry angry
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by honeric01(m): 1:12pm On Jan 07, 2011
tchaik:

[color=#000099][/color]
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Maybe they added one '0' for every 10 miliion naira for PDP, or more still, multiplied PDP votes by the votes received by DPP.
SORRY NIGERIA

You should have watched the debate on CHANNELS, it clearly showed Uduaghan lacked vision for the state, even the woman candidate made more sense than him.
He clearly lacked vision for the state and even the crowd at the debate proved that with numerous applause for the ANPP candidate, whats the candidate name for DPP again? i skipped his name, can someone remind me?
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by JUO(m): 1:17pm On Jan 07, 2011
if PDP win the election i bet u there will be crises in delta state
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by PapaBrowne(m): 1:19pm On Jan 07, 2011
Remii:

na waa o, there are more people are in riverine areas than dry land.  lipsrsealed

Not exactly. However, it is easier to move around in the riverine areas than on land. While the riverine areas has creeks for the people to navigate through, the hinterland has few plyable roads.

The results we a seeing is as a result of the fact that Uduaghan and the PDP worked real hard (Financial inducements) to ensure that their base came out en-masse to vote. If you look at the results for Delta North, which is the Igbo speaking areas, although Uduaghan won there, the turnout was very low and that wouldn't have given him victory.
But areas like Warri north, Bomadi, Warri South tec, there was massive turnout. In Uvwie, Ogborus stronghold, which happens the largest population center in the state, many voters stayed at home and couldn't be bothered.

The lesson in my opinion is that opposition parties should learn from PDP. PDP understands one very strong principle in elections.  It is Rural folk that vote. Urbanites just make a lot of noise before elections and for fear of violence stay at home on election day. Rural folk don't read papers so they don't care for all the bad news about PDP. What interests them is the man who comes around to their village just before elections and doles out cash and items.
Just to put things in perspective, Bomadi with just 10,000 voter turnout would cost a politician just just 50 million naira to buy out all the votes there at 5,000 per voter. Do so for another 10 LGAs and youy would coast to victory. It is all about money. And Nigerians are still very willing to trade off their votes because they've realised that PDP, AC, DPP, ANPP or whatever goes the acronym, they all consist of the same thieving politicians.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Woke4all(m): 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2011
Na wa ooooo see the gap shocked

PDP TOTAL=212,280

DPP TOTAL=95,410 grin

Chaiiii!    OGBORU better run outta 9ja before UDUAGHAN finish him.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:21pm On Jan 07, 2011
honeric01:

You should have watched the debate on CHANNELS, it clearly showed Uduaghan lacked vision for the state, even the woman candidate made more sense than him.
He clearly lacked vision for the state and even the crowd at the debate proved that with numerous applause for the ANPP candidate, whats the candidate name for DPP again? i skipped his name, can someone remind me?

GREAT OGBORU. . . the only man to plan a coup against IBB and live to tell the story.

By the way, nor be by debate. . . some guys are not just good at articulating their points and that doesn't mean they lack vision.

Moreover, winning an election is not all about debate performance. . . .your structures on ground and how you mobilize your peeps/supporters to vote matters a lot too.

How many people in Delta state watched the Channels debate sef?
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Nobody: 1:26pm On Jan 07, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Not exactly. However,[s] it is easier to move around in the riverine areas than on land. While the riverine areas has creeks for the people to navigate through, the hinterland has few plyable roads.[/s]

The results we a seeing is as a result of the fact that Uduaghan and the PDP worked real hard (Financial inducements) to ensure that their base came out en-masse to vote. If you look at the results for Delta North, which is the Igbo speaking areas, although Uduaghan won there, the turnout was very low and that wouldn't have given him victory.
But areas like Warri north, Bomadi, Warri South tec, there was massive turnout. In Uvwie, Ogborus stronghold, which happens the largest population center in the state, many voters stayed at home and couldn't be bothered.

The lesson in my opinion is that opposition parties should learn from PDP. PDP understands one very strong principle in elections.  It is Rural folk that vote. Urbanites just make a lot of noise before elections and for fear of violence stay at home on election day. Rural folk don't read papers so they don't care for all the bad news about PDP. What interests them is the man who comes around to their village just before elections and doles out cash and items.
Just to put things in perspective, Bomadi with just 10,000 voter turnout would cost a politician just just 50 million naira to buy out all the votes there at 5,000 per voter. Do so for another 10 LGAs and youy would coast to victory. It is all about money. And Nigerians are still very willing to trade off their votes because they've realised that PDP, AC, DPP, ANPP or whatever goes the acronym, they all consist of the same thieving politicians.
very unsound arguement . undecided

i have been to odi before and what i saw were few buildings,so stop yarning rubbish here.why on earth will people live in riverine areas and abandon dryland ?

Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by JUO(m): 1:27pm On Jan 07, 2011
pls INEC use finger print scanner in the next election
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by berth(m): 1:35pm On Jan 07, 2011
Doubt it if ther would ever b free nd fair election (one man - one vote) in naija til thy kindgom com, Lord ve mercy!
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by honeric01(m): 1:36pm On Jan 07, 2011
semid4lyfe:

GREAT OGBORU. . . the only man to plan a coup against IBB and live to tell the story.

By the way, nor be by debate. . . some guys are not just good at articulating their points and that doesn't mean they lack vision.

Moreover, winning an election is not all about debate performance. . . .your structures on ground and how you mobilize your peeps/supporters to vote matters a lot too.

How many people in Delta state watched the Channels debate sef?

Nobi by debate? na by wetin? counting fishes and crabs as voters? how come the riverine areas where alot of Deltans have evacuated from during the unrest periods is not the most populated of the whole of Delta state?

Is it the rural dwellers that do not even know how to register to vote that suddenly knew how to register, increased in triple amount to vote all of a sudden?

Which structures are you talking about here? the structure of fabricating votes from the RIVERINE areas or what?

INEC, if you love this country, you better do the stand and count vote (Open ballot system), this is a total mess.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:40pm On Jan 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

i have been to odi before and what i saw were few buildings,so stop yarning rubbish here. why on earth will people live in riverine areas and abandon dryland ?

What has Odi got to do with Delta state? and why are peeps under the impression PDP candidates cannot win elections?

Ok, I geddit. . .when another party wins, it's free and fair and when PDP wins, it was rigged
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by PapaBrowne(m): 1:41pm On Jan 07, 2011
~Bluetooth:

i have been to odi before and what i saw were few buildings,so stop yarning rubbish here.why on earth will people live in riverine areas and abandon dryland ?

Really, you've been to Odi only and you have an opinion already Please let those who have been around the creeks pretty much speak while you listen. Mr Man, the riverine areas of Delta state are very well populated. Rural Itsekiris and Ijaws hardly leave in the hinterlands.That doesn't neccesarily say they are more populated than the hinterland.However,the waters make navigation pretty easy. All you need is a canoe for short distances or an on board engine for longer distances. For the hinterlands, even if you have a vehicle, you need to have a road to ply. That makes navigation difficult.

Anyways, the important thing is that fact that PDP knows how to win elections either via rigging or financial inducements. Here the rigging was minimal. Financial inducements carried the day.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jan 07, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Not exactly. However, it is easier to move around in the riverine areas than on land. While the riverine areas has creeks for the people to navigate through, the hinterland has few plyable roads.

The lesson in my opinion is that opposition parties should learn from PDP. PDP understands one very strong principle in elections. It is Rural folk that vote. Urbanites just make a lot of noise before elections and for fear of violence stay at home on election day. Rural folk don't read papers so they don't care for all the bad news about PDP. What interests them is the man who comes around to their village just before elections and doles out cash and items.

The most realistic analysis of Nigerian politics. Very good.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by semid4lyfe(m): 1:49pm On Jan 07, 2011
honeric01:

Nobi by debate? na by wetin? counting fishes and crabs as voters? how come the riverine areas where alot of Deltans have evacuated from during the unrest periods is not the most populated of the whole of Delta state?

Is it the rural dwellers that do not even know how to register to vote that suddenly knew how to register, increased in triple amount to vote all of a sudden?

Which structures are you talking about here? the structure of fabricating votes from the RIVERINE areas or what?

INEC, if you love this country, you better do the stand and count vote (Open ballot system), this is a total mess.

Stop being silly will you? I served in 2006-2007 and I took part in the voters registration exercise then. I was assigned to a riverine community during the voters registration exercise and I was consistently registering more people than my housemates who were assigned to the hinterland and places on land so that your logic nor work, try again.

By the way, where is that ANPP guy? Shebi na by debate and na im perform best for the debate? Nonsense!
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jan 07, 2011
Remii:

na waa o, there are more people  in riverine areas than dry land.  lipsrsealed

Lol. Only in Nigeria. My brotha, only in Nigeria.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by JOKYTECH(f): 1:52pm On Jan 07, 2011
PapaBrowne:

It is all about money. And Nigerians are still very willing to trade off their votes because they've realised that PDP, AC, DPP, ANPP or whatever goes the acronym, they all consist of the same thieving politicians.

I love this part well well grin
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by PapaBrowne(m): 1:57pm On Jan 07, 2011
honeric01:

Mr man, it is rural people who go out to vote. Urbanites don't vote. And PDP understands that clearly. That is the lesson I'm learning. Most people doing well financially stayed at home yesterday. Warri Urban and Effurun constitutes a large population of middle class people with their nice nice cars. They all stayed at home yesterday.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by honeric01(m): 1:59pm On Jan 07, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Stop being silly will you? I served in 2006-2007 and I took part in the voters registration exercise then. I was assigned to a riverine community during the voters registration exercise and I was consistently registering more people than my housemates who were assigned to the hinterland and places on land so that your logic nor work, try again.

By the way, where is that ANPP guy? Shebi na by debate and na im perform best for the debate? Nonsense!

You are the one being silly here, now tell me, with all the "voters registration exercise" you claimed you conducted, what HAPPENED TO THE RESULT? ANULLED, CANCELED after PDD STOLE the mandate, ALOT of places where election didn't hold, PDP claimed they won, so where's that LOGIC of yours?

Because you registered people, you can now tell us that 100k people voted from the village you handled? tell us, how come election never held in these places (2007) even with your claims?

ANPP is no guy, she's a woman candidate, shows that you didn't watch the debate, she was not even the one that performed best, it was the man standing at the far corner (1st line), seems to be a labor man before with the way Uduaghan was addressing the man's points.

PDP should STOP manufacturing votes, WE NEED OPEN BALLOT SYSTEM OF VOTING OOOOOOOO

If you people love Nigeria, una better tell JEGA to listen angry angry angry
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by Nobody: 2:00pm On Jan 07, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Excellent analysis. This is largely how politics and electioneering plays out in this country.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by ovo4u(m): 2:00pm On Jan 07, 2011
Let us honest here with ourselves, do anyone believed that those result there are true? i said it before, there is no way in a free and fair election anyone can ever win Great Ogboru at this time in Delta State, not even Ibiro himself, they should not think we are blind and in as much as i am disappointed in my President Goodluck,INEC Chairman Jega and PDP  Riggers, i am beginning to lose total hope and developing much hatred for my believed Nigeria, How can we be denied of our right so many time with their silly way of conducting election? and the man Jega is saying, he knows that this is not a perfect election,but we have learn our mistake, how can you be learning mistake in order for a rich state like Delta to be use and run by moros for another 8yrs? If they declare PDP the winner of this election, no body, i mean no body should ever believed that man call Jega or Goodluck again.
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by JOKYTECH(f): 2:01pm On Jan 07, 2011
semid4lyfe:

Ok, I geddit. . .when another party wins, it's free and fair and when PDP wins, it was rigged

Thank u ma brother, if the reverse was the case, u for don dey hear " good radiance to bad rubbish", "progress to democracy and the rule of law" and other story story, but since their ultimate wish did not come to pass, it now becomes "bad radiance to bad bad rubbish" and " this is failure to democracy and the rule of law" grin grin grin smiley
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by honeric01(m): 2:03pm On Jan 07, 2011
PapaBrowne:

Mr man, it is rural people who go out to vote. Urbanites don't vote. And PDP understands that clearly. That is the lesson I'm learning. Most people doing well financially stayed at home yesterday. Warri Urban and Effurun constitutes a large population of middle class people with their nice nice cars. They all stayed at home yesterday.

Says who? i followed the election with huge interest and all the reports that flew in from channels, AIT and NTA pointed to the fact that alot of those living in the riverine areas didn't adhere to "no moment" that INEC pronounced, they were mostly seen going to the market.

The clips i saw of those people you claimed didn't vote prove otherwise, alot of them actually went out to vote, some were stopped for driving their calls to polling stations, there were cars almost on most roads, the security agents had problems curtaining those driving, so if they stayed at home, how come the roads were that busy?
Re: Pdp Is Leading In Delta Re-run Election Again! by sonety2k(m): 2:06pm On Jan 07, 2011
Just  saw  these  online  also  

Delta re-run: Isoko South Local Government Area: Number of registered Voters= 11,8329.

DPP polled 5,235 votes
                        PDP polled 9,567.  Votes                       [size=14pt]Total Valid Votes= 13,829[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Is There Environmental Tomorrow? / Nigerians Reaction To Buhari's Dress Code To Germany / FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.