Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,201 members, 7,811,540 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 02:10 PM

FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 (6995 Views)

Zulum Directs Urban Board To Unseal NNPP’s Office, Calls It ‘Wrong Timing’ / Buhari Sends List Of NDDC Board To Senate / Names Of Ministers: Buhari To Submit List To Senate Before July 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by zakim(m): 5:51am On Jul 02, 2019
The Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) and shareholders of the electricity Distribution Companies (Discos) have agreed to formalise the increase in the Federal Government’s representation on the Boards of the Discos. At a meeting of the shareholders of the Discos summoned by the BPE, held on June 26, 2019, all the parties agreed that the process would be concluded and implemented on or before July 15, 2019.

The Head Public Communications Unit of the BPE Amina Tukur Othman said in a statement yesterday that part of the requirements for the reform and privatisation in the Nigerian power sector was the entrenchment of a Corporate Governance structure, which provided for the Core Investor to have 6 (six) “A” Directors and the Bureau 1(one) “B” Director. According to the statement, this was done to minimize the representation of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) on the Boards and to grant the Core Investors sufficient control of the management and operations of the Discos.

“In view of the need to strengthen Corporate Governance of the companies, the FGN decided to increase its representation on the Boards by 2 (B Directors) given its 40% shareholding. The objective is to ensure transparency in their operations as well as improve their performance,” Othman said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-representation-on-discos-board-to-rise-before-july-15.html

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by milkyworld(m): 6:01am On Jul 02, 2019
The bigger the cake, the more the slices.

By the way, I dedicate my FTC to all nairaland members for making this platform fun, educating and therapeutic in so many ways.

My signature has something interesting for you.

2 Likes

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by MANNABBQGRILLS: 6:01am On Jul 02, 2019
The objective is to ensure transparency in their operations as well as improve their performance,” Othman said.
That is what we are really after.
A better country is what we pray for.
Nigeria must be great again.

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by Omaticaya225(m): 6:03am On Jul 02, 2019
I thought its about steady light
If its Ruga they will be flexing muscle

2 Likes

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by babeosisi: 6:04am On Jul 02, 2019
Which one is disco again
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by Bolustical: 6:04am On Jul 02, 2019
ok
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by onlyonechid84(m): 6:05am On Jul 02, 2019
zakim:
The Bureau of Public Enterprises (BPE) and shareholders of the electricity Distribution Companies (Discos) have agreed to formalise the increase in the Federal Government’s representation on the Boards of the Discos. At a meeting of the shareholders of the Discos summoned by the BPE, held on June 26, 2019, all the parties agreed that the process would be concluded and implemented on or before July 15, 2019.

The Head Public Communications Unit of the BPE Amina Tukur Othman said in a statement yesterday that part of the requirements for the reform and privatisation in the Nigerian power sector was the entrenchment of a Corporate Governance structure, which provided for the Core Investor to have 6 (six) “A” Directors and the Bureau 1(one) “B” Director. According to the statement, this was done to minimize the representation of the Federal Government of Nigeria (FGN) on the Boards and to grant the Core Investors sufficient control of the management and operations of the Discos.

“In view of the need to strengthen Corporate Governance of the companies, the FGN decided to increase its representation on the Boards by 2 (B Directors) given its 40% shareholding. The objective is to ensure transparency in their operations as well as improve their performance,” Othman said.

Read more: https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/fg-representation-on-discos-board-to-rise-before-july-15.html
It's not only disco, it's Raggae

1 Like

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by Chuks9000: 6:05am On Jul 02, 2019
Political settlements
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by IamAlexander: 6:06am On Jul 02, 2019
Government involvement in the business is not a good move. It should rather focus on providing enabling environment for the discos and other firms in the power value chain to thrive.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by dinocy(m): 6:07am On Jul 02, 2019
Will that one improve our epileptic power supply ?
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by acounter2(m): 6:13am On Jul 02, 2019
For those that know kano very well badawa layout is different from badawa ghetto

Stop saying I stay in badawa let no where u belong (ghetto or layout) let's be specific.
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by OgboAto: 6:20am On Jul 02, 2019
X
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by sparog(m): 6:20am On Jul 02, 2019
grin
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by backnbeta(f): 6:23am On Jul 02, 2019
Maybe we'll be better off because I can't feel the discos jor

1 Like

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by DameB(f): 6:26am On Jul 02, 2019
post=79858555:

If I hear am say the process becomes transparent. In oil and gas sector, government representation is adequate but there is underreporting of the barrels of oil by the companies. There is non-stop gas flaring in most onshore locations

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by ayokellany: 6:28am On Jul 02, 2019
IamAlexander:
Government involvement in the business is not a good move. It should rather focus on providing enabling environment for the discos and other firms in the power value chain to thrive.
How foolish people amass such audacity to comment on NL is beyond all human reasoning.
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by DameB(f): 6:29am On Jul 02, 2019
IamAlexander:

Very true. At the end their businesses will be crippled and the power sector might not be the better for it. Yesterday someone was talking about the issue of price control on another thread and why it's removal would allow investors come into and improve the power sector
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by jeroncomputers(m): 6:29am On Jul 02, 2019
A beg the whole TCN needs review, if at the end of all these companies we still don't have regular electricity supply, less payment what's their use
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 6:30am On Jul 02, 2019
post=79858555:

great in your barbecue world of dead meat, with your terrorist president

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by Nobody: 6:35am On Jul 02, 2019
ALCOHOLKILLS:

great in your barbecue world of dead meat, with your terrorist president
U just daft sha.
Na him u no vote for Moghalu,
wey u take queue for Atiku back.

Ur mumu no be 4 here.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by Nobody: 6:38am On Jul 02, 2019
backnbeta:
Maybe we'll be better off because I can't feel the discos jor
...make u feel d gbedu nah.
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by nicedayontop: 6:42am On Jul 02, 2019
I weep for my country Nigeria. Even after more than 50 years , we can't fix the power sector. Still setting up Board over mere 4000mw of electricity. Who did we offend, O God have mercy.

2 Likes

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by Nobody: 6:43am On Jul 02, 2019
There has been no improvement in power supply since phcn was privatise by the FG.
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by itsme01: 6:45am On Jul 02, 2019
angry

I still blame PDP for signing off our distribution company to their members who arent capable of delivering meters or transformers, without no buy back clause in the agreement.

All the FG are trying to do now is force an hostile takeover, by increasing the number of FG directors on their board, and perhaps they can force themself to be voted to head the Governing board through every means.
this is why knowledgeable people curse PDP every morning.... i'll rather vote sowore and moghalu as opposition than that cancer called PDP

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by Nobody: 6:45am On Jul 02, 2019
nicedayontop:
I weep for my country Nigeria. Even after more than 50 years , we can't fix the power sector. Still setting up Board over mere 4000mw of electricity. Who did we offend, O God have mercy.
this country is so bleeped up
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by nicedayontop: 6:48am On Jul 02, 2019
A population of about 200million people consuming only 4000mw in this 21st century. Walahi, this country is a big waste and the leaders should bury their faces in shame.
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by Olusheyi1(m): 6:52am On Jul 02, 2019
We are waiting.

Check my signature for some important info.
Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by Benekruku(m): 6:55am On Jul 02, 2019
One must always give kudos to the administration of His Excellence, President Mohammady Buhari (GCFR)

If we moved at this snail speed since 1999, we definitely would have past where we stand today.

I really must commend the administration of His Excellence, President Mohammadu Buhari (GCFR) for their ability to create a developmental wed between all stakeholders in different sectors of our economy which brings everybody to table to make quick resolutions when its most needed.

1 Like

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by ALCOHOLKILLS(m): 6:56am On Jul 02, 2019
TheGreenLand:

U just daft sha.
Na him u no vote for Moghalu,
wey u take queue for Atiku back.

Ur mumu no be 4 here.

check my comments mor.on, i don't worship politician like zombies, is obvious you're one of them, stay away from mention kiddo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by nicedayontop: 6:58am On Jul 02, 2019
The most annoying thing is the way they mention the generation of 4000mw with pride. God who have we offended. Have mercy on us . am tired of hearing any news about electricity in Nigeria. It is always a bad news. Nothing to celebrate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Representation On Discos Board To Rise Before July 15 by 35824L: 7:08am On Jul 02, 2019
itsme01:
angry

I still blame PDP for signing off our distribution company to their members who arent capable of delivering meters or transformers, without no buy back clause in the agreement.

All the FG are trying to do now is force an hostile takeover, by increasing the number of FG directors on their board, and perhaps they can force themself to be voted to head the Governing board through every means.
this is why knowledgeable people curse PDP every morning.... i'll rather vote sowore and moghalu as opposition than that cancer called PDP

Privatisation of the power sector has been a colossal failure. The federal government should retrieve the discos by any means possible. They are not interested in giving people electricity rather they just want to make a killing with outrageous bills.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Kwankwaso: 90 Percent Of My Supporters Not On Social Media (Video) / Yorubas Littered With Homeless Beggars, All Children And Women / Video:PM In London After Nigeria Declares Its Independence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.