Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,962 members, 7,835,216 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:11 AM

Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC (36861 Views)

Oronsaye Report: Tinubu May Stop Army Varsity, NDA Merger – Zulum / Mele Kyari: Nigerians Should Prepare For 3 Months Trouble Over Oil Price Crash / U.S., Europe may stop giving visa to Nigerian elite, politicians from tomorrow, (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by sulaak(m): 5:53pm On Apr 23, 2020
dhardline:
Wow... We have come to the point of using our oyel to fry akara..

That is if you can refine the oil?
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by Cousin9999: 5:57pm On Apr 23, 2020
GodlovesTony:
Wow, because of Coronavirus??

Because of China and Arabs.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by APOSTLECHUMA: 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nigeria look away from oil, u have all thats it takes to be great even without oil.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by Jlow2: 5:58pm On Apr 23, 2020
now we will know the real billionaires
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by sulaak(m): 6:04pm On Apr 23, 2020
kikero:

True, now is the time to buy oil for his refineries, if he can store it...while waiting for the post crisis price increase.

All our refineries are not working, Dangote refinery will not be ready until 2022. We have a president that is also the Minister of Petroleum yet he can fix just one refinery in his 6 years in government.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by Xclusiveme: 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
One dollar is now 389naira
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by efficiencie(m): 6:19pm On Apr 23, 2020
Praise the LORD. The moment we have been waiting for has come. Oil price will crash to zero. No more oil corruption. To your tents everybody. To split Nigeria now will be easy. Let every head to his tent...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by Izigha(m): 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2020
Devgod:
Mumu. All this pseudo intellectuals on this forums sef grin. Do you know the cost of storing oil Oil producers were paying people up to $40 per barrel as of Tuesday to take oil away from them. And you are here capping about storing. You think oil is water.
Now there's no need for insult. You can disagree. Read my post I said"if". I know about commodity markets hence my contribution. Storage of crude is part of a refinary complex to control inventory. Am sure you don't know how markets works that is why you believe anyone will get you $40 and still give you a barrel of crude. The -$40 is a quote to show traders or buyers appetite in a future options.
This is a photo of Sasol refinary storage tanks in South Africa

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by pheonixdld2(m): 6:25pm On Apr 23, 2020
Are you sure? So if the government stop earning and they finally deplet the almost depleted reserve,where will the salaries of all the civil servants come from. If civil servants are not paid their wage,they go broke and demand for basically commodities drops drastically and then business men and women who depend on this civil servants patronage also go broke and hungry and that when you will realise that it concerns you more.
I forsee hard times and a possible revolution in this near future in this country. Please if you still have saving, this is the time to be very prudent.
1. Don't renew that DSTV full bouquet
2. Start now in rational food portions and buy you food stuff in bulk.
3. Have at least 50-70k for emergency in case.
4. Be weary of site/apps that drain data(you would be surprised how you spend on data monthly)
5. Have spare cash at home between 10-15k in case armed robbery visit (God forbid though)
6. Start looking for online jobs that need only online input( I am presently searching also, I seriously hope I find one)
7. Look for a small land some where and plant a cash crop.
This is government is already confused and because it's advisers and ministers were selected as a result of Nepotism, don't count on them to make smart decision this period when thinking out of the box is very important.
tspun:
That's is their business not the masses, 80% of Nigeria are not benefiting from the oil, so if they like they should stop
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by xjiggy: 6:26pm On Apr 23, 2020
funshint:
I pity Dangote and his refinery.
Don't pity Dangote. Right now the guy is wishing the refinery is ready. He would buy at a discount and sell at a premium. Considering the the present price of crude oil, Petro is still extremely costly at #123. If Dangote buys at $19 and sell at #123 even at #115, he'll be taking in astronomical profits considering he's not shipping the fuel, not paying offloading costs or any of the duties involved in importation. Bear in mind he'll be selling all by products of crude oil and will also be able to sell to ecowas countries at same price they buy abroad thereby helping them cut cost. It is the importers that u should pity. Dangote will price them all out of the market and be a monopoly unto himself.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:30pm On Apr 23, 2020
They should charge their energy into building refineries ,what are they producing before when you cannot refine, mtcheew

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by Jamesbiodun(m): 6:33pm On Apr 23, 2020
pheonixdld2:
Are you sure? So if the government stop earning and they finally deplet the almost depleted reserve,where will the salaries of all the civil servants come from. If civil servants are not paid their wage,they go broke and demand for basically commodities drops drastically and then business men and women who depend on this civil servants patronage also go broke and hungry and that when you will realise that it concerns you more.
I forsee hard times and a possible revolution in this near future in this country. Please if you still have saving, this is the time to be very prudent.
4. Be weary of site/apps that drain data(you would be surprised how you spend on data monthly)
5. Have spare cash at home between 10-15k in case armed robbery visit (God forbid though)
6. Start looking for online jobs that need only online input( I am presently searching also, I seriously hope I find one)
This is government is already confused and because it's advisers and ministers were selected as a result of Nepotism, don't count on them to make smart decision this period when thinking out of the box is very important.
Good point, please if you see good online business, I want to start too.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by cactusland(m): 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2020
Lostz:
oil should become valueless.

make everybody focus on his own house
For real. Oil's potential in money is no longer worth it. Build solar plants in the north and damless, hydropower in the south. And NEVER centralize the grid.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by ShattaBandles: 6:48pm On Apr 23, 2020
MrPRevailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Svrj6Bw5K9A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Ytsu95pt_4

Watch The Lord's Chosen Online programs on YouTube channel: CHOSEN TV OFFICIAL
3 cases of COVID-19 healed by the God of Chosen. (1 Italy, 1 Spain, 1 UK)

1 Like

Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by bobolaga: 6:54pm On Apr 23, 2020
Is better we stop oil Production for now so that the Mallams we not see money to aid boko haram and travel to UK and Dubai as they like.is better we depend on cows and farmers budget.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by Nobody: 6:56pm On Apr 23, 2020
kikero:

True, now is the time to buy oil for his refineries, if he can store it...while waiting for the post crisis price increase.
Do you know how long this situation will last?
If you like buy all the oil in world now. It will be a bad decision in the long run.
Do you know the costs it takes to store crude?
Oga chill ehn.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by bobolaga: 7:03pm On Apr 23, 2020
Nigeria is the wise among the foolish,we want international policies and we don,t have international foundations,how did you expect over night changes.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by ShattaBandles: 7:39pm On Apr 23, 2020
Watch The Lord's Chosen Online programs on YouTube channel: [s]CHOSEN TV OFFICIAL
3 cases of COVID-19 healed by the God of Chosen. (1 Italy, 1 Spain, 1 UK)[/s][/quote]

You're a Scammer.
Is Chosen not among the churches that closed down?
God of Chosen should be in quarantine now.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by tspun(m): 7:55pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=pheonixdld2 post=88775981]Are you sure? So if the government stop earning and they finally deplet the almost depleted reserve,where will the salaries of all the civil servants come from. If civil servants are not paid their wage,they go broke and demand for basically commodities drops drastically and then business men and women who depend on this civil servants patronage also go broke and hungry and that when you will realise that it concerns you more.
[/quote

yeah I get your point but it won't affect the masses like I said earlier because the total number of civil servant in Nigeria is less than 500000 person, can u see how useless the government are.

Less than 500000 civil servant on their pay roll that's not even up to 3% of the population, so how will that affect the tens of millions of self employed citizens
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by paix(m): 8:10pm On Apr 23, 2020
Disadvantage of mono economy. May God give us leaders with foresight that can take this country to the promised land. Funny enough, our leaders were still prospecting for oil in the North, instead of diversifying the economy.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by chaloskyx: 8:11pm On Apr 23, 2020
like seriously at this time who cares were the masses given anything when oil was flowing please as far as am concerned its the ruling class that would be affected not the masses we were already suffering to begin with
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by NaijaAlien: 8:12pm On Apr 23, 2020
Story Story...
When that is the Holy Grail of Looting for you Motherfuckers!
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by xammax(m): 8:31pm On Apr 23, 2020
Investnow2017:

And you call that one a prophesy. I am not surprised. Sad, very sad

If it's not prophecy, tell me what it is. I have been on nairaland for sometime now and I see how you guys rebuke true men of God and I don't blame you guys at all.

That's you guys problem. What people don't understand they destroy.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by Nobody: 9:09pm On Apr 23, 2020
visit 9jatutor.wapkiz.com for your tech information
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by yom2(m): 9:17pm On Apr 23, 2020
NwaNimo1:
Production that should have been reduced months ago when Saudi and Russia started fighting....

Dullards...
and yet some people want a further extension of lockdown. They don't seem to know what's looming. May be when their breadwinner gets layed off
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by yom2(m): 9:23pm On Apr 23, 2020
Fastestmanalive:
Hmm we should all brace up for the storm ahead ooo because with the way Im seeing it things will become very tough in the country from now on

Even after the coronavirus subsides
shebi Una dey call for extension of lockdown
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by yom2(m): 9:27pm On Apr 23, 2020
Naijaarchive:
Finally... I know this will shake Nigeria.. But am sure our leaders will look into other sectors now.... Why abandon farming in the 1st place?
how much can farming fetch u when u are not a processor?
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by SammyChi1988: 9:35pm On Apr 23, 2020
Over here in UAE electric cars are everywhere... No need for petrol... Just charge and go your way.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by yom2(m): 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
seanjy4konji:
Nigerians will suffer..Nigeria that depends on oil..well yo be honest only a few will suffer cos we ate used to surviving without the government.

Petrol,kerosese that poor people use to power source of electricity, stoves and diesrlf for bigger engines would cost more..

Nigeria has never supported or helped its citizen yet tax us to the teeth..

Have you gained anything fro. The sale of Nigeria crude oil since you were born
I was suggesting every citizen should be assigned a thousand barrels of oil from the cut in production and distributed in staggard rotation
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by fyneguy: 9:37pm On Apr 23, 2020
helinues:
The one they have been producing and earning from, of what use was it to ordinary masses?

Ask the Governors, and workers who get paid from it.
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by lawani: 9:45pm On Apr 23, 2020
[quote author=dederocs post=88774828]
NNPC refines finished pms and diesel.[/quotewhat they produce is not enough, we import the majority. ]
Re: Nigeria May Stop Oil Production If Price Crash Persists –NNPC by showafrica(m): 10:07pm On Apr 23, 2020
beautyhd:
Agriculture comes to mind.

We should invest hugely in farming what we can export. Go back to production. We've depended so much on oil and ignored other sectors that can yield money.

Maybe Nigeria will divide if south south and some parts of south east stops producing oil.

Yes oil is holding us back, let it stop make every body work

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

21 INEC Resident Commissioners Reject Postponement Of Elections / Femi Adesina And Oluwatobi Adesina, His Pilot Son Fly Together (Photo) / Maria Ude Nwachi: Umahi Humiliated Me, Refused To Pay Me Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.