Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,562 members, 7,812,822 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:00 PM

COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano (973 Views)

Governor Ganduje Suspends Salihu Yakasai For Criticising Buhari Over #EndSARS / COVID-19: Ganduje Rejects Kwankwaso’s Amana Hospital As Isolation Center / Ganduje suspends ban of male, female on same tricycle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by EdozieRichard: 4:45am On Apr 24, 2020

Kano state government has relaxed the Lockdown order from 6 am Thursday to 12 midnight Friday in order to allow people to prepare adequately for the forthcoming Ramadan fast, The Nation reports.

While briefing on the lockdown and the coming Ramadan fast at the Government House on Wednesday, Dr. Nasir Yusuf Gawuna who spoke on behalf of the Kano State Governor Abdullahi Umar Ganduje said the relaxation of the lockdown became necessary so as to allow people to stockpile their houses with foodstuff for the forthcoming Ramadan.

More to follow...

Source: https://edricblog.com/2020/04/24/covid-19-ganduje-suspends-lockdown-in-kano/
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by galaxy2020(m): 4:51am On Apr 24, 2020
Putting the lives of his people at risk. Is their own Islam different from that practiced in Saudi Arabia?
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by LUGBE: 5:04am On Apr 24, 2020
Orisi risi, a beggar of 15 billion naira. Even the FG is yet to relax the lockdown.
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by jakD: 5:13am On Apr 24, 2020
It annoys me when I hear these people saying Nigerians should stockpile their houses with food. Where is the money to do that? how many of us can afford to even buy the food to eat for that day not to talk for the whole week!
Meanwhile, the honorable FG is still looking for the most poorest home to give some little money. It's OK anyway!
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by Danzakidakura(m): 5:19am On Apr 24, 2020
Religion is killing us in Africa.
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by wale0911: 5:21am On Apr 24, 2020
I am sorry for Kano. God forbid a spark, it's going to be too fatal. Lagos which is more cosmopolitan didn't blink an eye to acting fast and decisively, yet has a huge number of confirmed cases, Kano with seemingly higher numbers of illiterates cum larger population is playing hide and seek with fire. I implore FG to at this crucial time declare state of emergency in Kano.
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by Nwodosis(m): 5:24am On Apr 24, 2020
wale0911:
I am sorry for Kano. God forbid a spark, it's going to be too fatal. Lagos which is more cosmopolitan didn't blink an eye to acting fast and decisively, yet has a huge number of confirmed cases, Kano with seemingly higher numbers of illiterates cum larger population is playing hide and seek with fire. I explore FG to at this crucial time declare emergency in Kano.
Is Ganduje not part of the FG?
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by helinues: 5:25am On Apr 24, 2020
After demanding N15bn from government
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by fineyemi2: 5:26am On Apr 24, 2020
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by ibsaq(m): 5:45am On Apr 24, 2020
people are only interested in criticism why people of Kano just end 1 week of total lockdown why would one day of shunt be granted to stock up if you can stock up to a month remember the needy once you can't sit at home and get food at your door
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by chinjo(m): 6:02am On Apr 24, 2020
This is just the opportunity the virus needs to spread in Kano like wildfire. After all most northerners don't believe in the existence of coronavirus.
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by Dogogo1900: 6:54am On Apr 24, 2020
jakD:
It annoys me when I hear these people saying Nigerians should stockpile their houses with food. Where is the money to do that? how many of us can afford to even buy the food to eat for that day not to talk for the whole week!
Meanwhile, the honorable FG is still looking for the most poorest home to give some little money. It's OK anyway!
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by Dogogo1900: 6:57am On Apr 24, 2020
Is the government supposed to give you food?
You need to look for a job,we are not operating a communist regime like North Korea.
Re: COVID-19: Ganduje Suspends Lockdown In Kano by SocialJustice: 7:16am On Apr 24, 2020
galaxy2020:
Putting the lives of his people at risk. Is their own Islam different from that practiced in Saudi Arabia?
No mind the fools. As if the virus will go on break and wait for them to finish shopping.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

The Phrase " Mesu Jamba" In Reality / Ipob Families Has This To Say. Advice To Pete Edochie. / Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.