Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,503 members, 7,830,515 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 12:40 AM

Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin (980 Views)

Northern Governors Pay Ayade Christmas Visit, Talk Up National Unity / Vendors Arrested For Selling IPOB Newspapers In Owerri, Imo / Obaseki’s Agents Mop Up Newspapers In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by kahal29: 4:25pm On Jul 20, 2020
SOME persons suspected to be agents of the state government Monday moped up some national newspapers from news stands across the state capital over a paid advert believed to be injurious to Governor Godwin Obaseki.

The advert exposed some alleged wrongdoings by Obaseki against a businessman, Capt Hosa Okunbor as the agents believed that the paid advert which was expected to be in six national dailies could affect the chances of Obaseki’s second term bid.

Some newspapers distributors who spoke under condition of anonymity said they were contacted late last night by top officials of the state government, where they were specifically told not to distribute the papers for Monday.

They also claimed that some of them were offered a mouth offering reward if they can oblige them their request.

It was however gathered that some of the distributors turned down the request because of ill-treatment they claim have suffered since the inception of the present administration.

According to one of them, “We got a call late in the night about the need for us not to distribute some of the papers that will be coming today (Monday) and that we will be rewarded.

“While some of my colleagues agreed I refused by telling them to go to various news stand to do that after I must have distributed.”

A visit to several newspaper stands showed that some national papers were not supplied to vendors.

When contacted the state Commissioner for Information and Orientation, Efe Stewart said the allegation was not true.

He said “That is not true, it is complete falsehood and the handiwork of mischief-makers. A child that has been born cannot be aborted. Obaseki has brought in revolution to Edo state politics that is why some people are going to any length to discredit it. When a man is no longer capable of carrying out his obligation at home, he becomes very humble to his wife.

“Governor Obaseki has brought in a change into the politics of the state. Before now, agberos were role models to our youths but he came and changed that so there is no truth in that allegation”.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/edo-2020-suspected-govt-agents-mop-up-national-newspapers-in-benin/

Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by seanfer(m): 4:27pm On Jul 20, 2020
Obaseki should continue digging his hole deeper.
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by NOC1(m): 4:38pm On Jul 20, 2020
This can work like magic in those years when social media does not exist.
I have witnessed it done some years back, some controversial news will be laid to rest tactically.

But I don’t think it can work in this era.

1 Like

Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by kahal29: 4:40pm On Jul 20, 2020
seanfer:
Obaseki should continue digging his hole deeper.

Am telling you
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by kahal29: 4:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
NOC1:
This can work like magic in those years where social media does not exist.
I have witnessed it done some years back, some controversial news will be laid to rest tactically.

But I don’t think it can work in this era.

It's a normal thing in Abia State
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by NOC1(m): 4:44pm On Jul 20, 2020
kahal29:

It's a normal thing in Abia State

Does it stop the news from spreading?

It can work for state news publisher (tabloids) but it can work on National dailies.

1 Like

Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by kahal29: 4:48pm On Jul 20, 2020
NOC1:

Does it stop the news from spreading?

It can work for state news publisher (tabloids) but it can work on National dailies.

It works in a way because majority of the residents won't get to hear about the news except those with access to internet.
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jul 20, 2020
The Propaganda minions are on overdrive... grin grin

Gone are those days, Social media would dispute any allegation before lies even tries to change peoples opinion.
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by AgbariOjukwu1: 4:55pm On Jul 20, 2020
Obaseki acts like a villain but pretends to be the Victim.

I laughed the day he said, Oshiomole ought to have sought his permission before coming to Edo state. Obaseki is a pretentious snake. All the best to Edo people sha.

1 Like

Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by Born2Breed(f): 5:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
Obaseki's greatest mistake will be fighting Captain Hosa.

When the chips are down na family we go follow.
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by kahal29: 5:16pm On Jul 20, 2020
AgbariOjukwu1:

I laughed the day he said, Oshiomole ought to have sought his permission before coming to Edo state. Obaseki is a pretentious snake. All the best to Edo people sha.

The guy sef
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by AgbariOjukwu1: 5:35pm On Jul 20, 2020
Obaseki keeps fighting everyone claiming he is fighting godfatherism, How can you fight Godfatherism with impunity? You still haven't told us how much the so called godfathers demanded from you yet you were the one that was alleged to have paid billions of naira from the state purse to secure your party's ticket.

You keep screaming Edo no be Lagos, Yes you are right about that, Edo can never be Lagos. Lagos abhors betrayals and ungrateful beings and they will never vote a pretentious snake like Obaseki.

1 Like

Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by kahal29: 5:37pm On Jul 20, 2020
AgbariOjukwu1:
Obaseki keeps fighting everyone claiming he is fighting godafatherism, How can you fight Godfatherism with impunity? You still haven't told us how much the so called godfathers demanded from you yet you were the one that was alleged to have paid billions of naira from the state purse to secure your party's ticket.

You keep screaming Edo no be Lagos, Yes you are right about that, Edo can never be Lagos. Lagos abhors betrayals and ungrateful beings and they will never vote a pretentious snake like Obaseki.

You have said it all

1 Like

Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by Nobody: 5:41pm On Jul 20, 2020
The 2nd coming of obaseki will be brutal....no governor do any reasonable thing when reelected..

Obaseki is worst than a tyranny leader... If he has his way, he will continue the second term without conducting any elections
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by punisha: 6:45pm On Jul 20, 2020
At this point....i can only say may thunder locate both obaseki and the other fake pastor.
I weep for Edo state...
Wetin my weeping wan do sef...
Let me come and be going.
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by justified007: 6:52pm On Jul 20, 2020
Obaseki the snake
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jul 20, 2020
Obaseki is truly a 3 credits man.

The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened.
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by AgbariOjukwu1: 7:02pm On Jul 20, 2020
justified007:
Obaseki the snake

I'm telling you, the guy engineered the crisis in APC by instigating the suspension of the National Chairman elected via a National convention by his ward which resulted to the many court cases eventually leading to the dissolution of the NWC.

After doing that, he ran to the rival political party where he paid them billions of naira to secure their party ticket. He is just a pretentious snake and I pity PDP.
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by justified007: 7:05pm On Jul 20, 2020
AgbariOjukwu1:

I'm telling you, the guy engineered the crisis in APC by instigating the suspension of the National Chairman elected via a National convention by his ward which resulted to the many court cases eventually leading to the dissolution of the NWC.

After doing that, he ran to the rival political party where he paid them billions of naira to secure their party ticket. He is just a pretentious snake and I pity PDP.

They forget they won't be in power forever . The position intoxicate most of them to the extent they believe they can do and undo.
Re: Hosa Okunbo's Letter: Suspected Govt Agents Mop Up National Newspapers In Benin by AfonjaConehead: 7:24pm On Aug 03, 2020
AgbariOjukwu1:

Aawabuwaaaa grin

(1) (Reply)

Goodluck Jonathan Government Test-run Itakpe-warri Rail-line (2014 VIDEO) / Edo Assembly Crisis: Onaiwu Asks IGP To Obey Court Order / Breaking: Rivers, Taraba Reps Defect To APC From PDP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.