Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives (10536 Views)

Igboho Denies Plan To Attack Alake Of Egbaland / Four Feared Dead In Kogi Stampede For Palliatives / Lagos Traders Lament Market Closure, Appeal To Sanwo-Olu For Palliatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Yankee101: 5:55am On Apr 25, 2020
No touch retirement money wey never do
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Haramslayer: 6:06am On Apr 25, 2020
They should not touch the money. I dont trust government.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by coldFLARES1(m): 6:15am On Apr 25, 2020
But where exactly is the President in all of this? I see Trump briefing Americans and the world daily on the progress his government is making but how is Buhari providing leadership in this country sef?

While the country stay locked down, incalculable damage is being down to the economy. The country appears to be on autopilot yet the micromanagers have failed to think out means to float the economy, at least, by creative means while the fight to contain covid continues.

Businesses capitalized to less than 100k most probably should have liquidated by now because their owners are forced to stay home and eat all of it. Inflation bourgeons because moving 'nonessential' goods is akin to smuggling because interstate borders are closed in a manner of speaking.

Some ATM are expired and some bank customers are yet to get ATMs they applied for in this period while being forced to stay home and being a burden to others who are managing to survive.

Then again, it appears these people care less what health crises is brewing with the ravaging hunger because they are well fed but only need to be shielded from covid-19.

My submission is: if really covid-19 has subdued effects in tropical climate as ours, why should we continue to ground our economy in the name of a lacklustre fight? The country has recorded just 38 deaths, about 1240 cases and 300+ discharged. You keep people locked down without mass testing and palliatives as the countries you are copying do. Yet deaths from enforcing the lockdown dwarfs that from the pandemic itself. Government at all levels have found a new conduit for stealing funds in the name of palliatives that could best be described as a mockery, giving a daily income earners ingredients for a meal and asking him to stay home for 2 weeks.

So sad that these fat cows are forcing poor folks to stay locked up and risk debilitating hunger and increased poverty because they want to safeguard their health and steal monies from phantom allocation to equipment. PPE and palliatives.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Psady(m): 6:18am On Apr 25, 2020
virginboy1:
This one they wanna borrow money for palliatives in this last week of lockdown, Hope they ain't planning to extend the lock down ooo kiss
Even a blind man would tell u, it's gonna be extended, only God knows how long we will be staying at home.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by lkdolz(m): 6:29am On Apr 25, 2020
This government is toying with fire, imagine they had embezzled our collective past by recklessly depleting the ECA, steal the present and now looking for how to dip their filthy finger into the future of Nigerians through bogus loans and pension fund. This is definitely the worst government in the history of Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by enemyofprogress: 6:37am On Apr 25, 2020
Money no even dey inside the account jare
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by seanjy4konji: 6:39am On Apr 25, 2020
I wonder how this people sleep at night...

I just wonder..upon all the billions they have been borrowing and spending with nothing to show for it.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by YOMISKY1: 6:50am On Apr 25, 2020
You cannot dip your hands in the country reserves to cusion coronavirus pandemic and now you are thinking of taking money from pension? The thunder wey go strike still dey incubator

zakim:

https://www.dailytrust.com.ng/covid-19-fg-denies-plan-to-borrow-pension-fund-for-palliatives.html
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by emilomona(m): 7:01am On Apr 25, 2020
Borrow your future Na. Can you imagine! Which kind set of pple be this? Borrow pensioners money? It is finished. Money we me I don dey reason as I go cash out my 25% since I lost my job in January, just fr the mandatory 4 months to elapse. Palliative we no see, salary no sure, here they re thinking of how to take away the small hope that somebody is holding on to.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by ihemyoro(m): 7:04am On Apr 25, 2020
I have never benefited anything from this country. I don't have job. They also want to add my little pension fund to what they have already. I don't need their palliative. It'll not even get to me. I don't know anyone in power. Let them allow me get additional 25% of that money.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Haramslayer: 7:10am On Apr 25, 2020
ihemyoro:
I have never benefited anything from this country. I don't have job. They also want to add my little pension fund to what they have already. I don't need their palliative. It'll not even get to me. I don't know anyone in power. Let them allow me get additional 25% of that money.

The palliative is for the North.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by MartinsD12(m): 7:15am On Apr 25, 2020
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by vanvicker(m): 7:19am On Apr 25, 2020
They better not touch that fund at all, else thunder that will strike them dead is already at their door. Useless government wanting to dip hands into everything.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by mauchiz: 7:54am On Apr 25, 2020
Is good how the whole world is seeing what Nigerian government is doing.
All the billions they gave to them, where is it?
They should not touch the pension fund.

They steal every money they get,
They steal loan,
They steal covid-19 money,
Now is pension they want to steal.

They are theives

Oleee
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by karzyharsky(m): 7:56am On Apr 25, 2020
I pity naija.....Buhari really want to deal with naija
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Sososo(f): 8:05am On Apr 25, 2020
Borrow borrow make me rich
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by West2019(m): 8:37am On Apr 25, 2020
Want to temper with my future money abi for this una virus politics right, buhari give other let them printe more note Jor looting is sure for now
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by hotwax: 8:46am On Apr 25, 2020
That fund is tempting this APC government to steal.

But one day, they will be bold and steal it anyways.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Hausaboy239(m): 8:47am On Apr 25, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Federal Government should leave pension alone so our parents won't die of depression and frustration.

They should instead go for corpers Allowee. They are useless and their pays should be channeled into subsidizing the inflated Face Mask.
U get sense so? Make dem no try shit with our allawee
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by UrVillagePpl: 8:53am On Apr 25, 2020
Can you imagine this govt.
My uncle who is suppose to retire next year, boasting that he will be receiving millions of naira would be greatly hit by this. That's if the Fed Govt go ahead with their decision.

Na pensioners money Nigeria govt still won collect. undecided

Which way Nigeria sad undecided
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by thegloor: 9:34am On Apr 25, 2020
KGREAT:
i just remember self, where is festus keyamo. He is in isolation abi?

They are all hiding since they can't travel out
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Corporate2020: 9:51am On Apr 25, 2020
rapcy:
Audio government, Na so so excuse upon excuses

Did you read the writeup at all or your brain is just programmed to hate?
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Mrtreasure0220: 11:07am On Apr 25, 2020
Instead they should give the people 10 to 20 percent of their money in the industry.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Susu888(m): 12:13pm On Apr 25, 2020
Let them borrow naw nd see wht becomes of this country angry.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by truthstands01: 1:32pm On Apr 25, 2020
This people should stay clear of peoples sweat. There should be no touching of pension fund.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by naijadefender: 1:44pm On Apr 25, 2020
I know this Goverment too well....anything they deny becomes reality before you know it. God help us...there was a FEC approval in January this year to borrow N2trn from the N10trn pension fund for so called infrastructure.

Not sure if the withdrawal was made before the COVID-19 pandemic.

Another charge against the pension fund spells doom for pensioners....may we not go the way of Greece.
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by AmacoA: 3:00pm On Apr 25, 2020
RapistOnBail:
Federal Government should leave pension alone so our parents won't die of depression and frustration.

They should instead go for corpers Allowee. They are useless and their pays should be channeled into subsidizing the inflated Face Mask.

With all the money they have gotten, it's better they don't eye the pension fund

1 Like

Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Nobody: 3:54pm On Apr 25, 2020
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Tetrahedron: 4:02pm On Apr 25, 2020
They better deny!
Re: COVID-19: FG Denies Plan To Borrow Pension Fund For Palliatives by Lordpeckxy(m): 10:26pm On Apr 25, 2020
Carry the money, Is that now what this damn leaders of this country do best.?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Umahi Condemns Killing Of Chike Akunyili By "Unknown Gunmen" / 18 Chisco Buses Bunrt Down By APC Igbo In Crucial Meeting Total War In Lagos Pix / Suicide Bombings: Boko Haram Now Using Babies, Officials Warn

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.