Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,255 members, 7,815,389 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives (28662 Views)

Tunji-Ojo Test Runs E-Gates At Abuja Airport (Photos) / Kano State Government Test Runs CCTV Control Center / LAWMA Cleanup Akobi Crescent Surulere, Restores Normalcy, 24 Hours After (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Alourk: 10:35am On Apr 26, 2020
The Lagos State Waste Management Agency, LAWMA, has successfully test run its Mobile application, a technology designed to drive the incentive part of the Blue box recycling initiative.

Explaining how the mobile application work, the Managing Director of LAWMA, Dr. Muyiwa Gbadegesin said residents registered with blue box recycling collectors assigned to their areas will be issued smart cards on which the weight of recycled materials collected are stored as points.

The points which will be accumulated can be used to get rebate items in partner stores, pay for bus or boat fares within the state.

Dr. Gbadegesin expressed his appreciation to the management of LSDPC for their support in ensuring that the resident of the estate showed full commitment to the process and also to Rotary Club of Eko Atlantic, RCEA, who were on ground as volunteers to educate the members of the society on the advantages & procedures of plastic segregation.

https://westernpostnigeria.com/lawma-successfully-test-runs-mobile-app-that-allows-residents-receive-incentives-for-their-waste/

9 Likes 4 Shares

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Mysticwebb: 10:38am On Apr 26, 2020
Incentive from LAWMA? What might that be if not waste incentive. Like expired rice and pest infested beans.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by DigitalBrands01: 10:39am On Apr 26, 2020
Not a bad idea. But please they should monitor this Chinese doctors closely to avoid story that touches

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by bunmconig(m): 10:40am On Apr 26, 2020
nice initiative! Lagos leads, others follow

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Alourk: 10:46am On Apr 26, 2020
Cash incentives that you can actually use to buy some groceries, pay for BRT, buy fuel, pay boat fare the things you can do with the card is endless!! I must commend the MD of LAWMA. A young man with vision kudos LAWMA

79 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by olaric(m): 10:49am On Apr 26, 2020
Why do I have this feeling that only island people will benefit from this?

6 Likes

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Coronavirus84: 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Very commendable. Its already out of my ability, I can't help myself again. Please anybody who can help me with any amount I will appreciate because the whole of my families are in starvation since two days ago. Please anybody should help me here. I beg you in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
olaric:
Why do I have this feeling that only island people will benefit from this?

Cause they are the most organized

In my area every thing is budgeted for
Security
Waste disposal
Lighting etc

We have group chats for tenants
There are land lord associations

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Flame4chi(m): 2:26pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nice one Lagos state.

Please I'm very broke and almost running out of essentials. Please anyone in Kaduna? I'm willing to work for Tuesdays and Wednesdays. I don't mind if I can't get an extension of days. I really need funds for sustainability as I'm here alone far from home. I can do anything legal, please.

Zero 8 zero 3 two seventy 82 45. Thanks

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by falconey(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2020

All I know is tomorrow is the judgment day in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Oyikoha(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Great development
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by wilemer: 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
good concept
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Muhylonaire(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Lmao... Leave trash for lawma
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Nitric(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Good initiative, I hope Nigerians will not frustrate it as they always do
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by EzzyCarter: 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
WASTE of data grin
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by tolexy007(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
This Chinese peolpe again
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Kobicove(m): 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Trust corrupt Nigerians, it's only a matter of time before they start loading the thing with stones so they can accumulate more fraudulent points undecided

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by lastempero: 2:27pm On Apr 26, 2020
Good idea.
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Dobson43: 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2020

A country where mediocrity is celebrated..
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Nobody: 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
Alourk:

https://westernpostnigeria.com/lawma-successfully-test-runs-mobile-app-that-allows-residents-receive-incentives-for-their-waste/
another whatsapp message is already circulating that the 14 Chinese that came into Nigeria brought with them covid-19 infested test kit that even if you have ordinary headache or cough and you go for testing, you must surely come out positive with covid-19 infection.
That people should stay indoor and only go for testing when they are convinced they are truly suffering from covid-19.
See as e dey like this, this country tire me.
The government, the people, the animals tire me.
Na only food and money never tire me like this cos I gatz survive and I dey hungry so abeg make una help a tired Nigerian o.
Lala is unto me, if I drop account number, he go remove my topic so make we assume sah
5dey 330dey 424dey, 024 also dey.
Una Sabi that our broda from the east Bank fidelity, na him abeg o.

3 Likes

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by DuBLINGreenb(m): 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
This year words like "palliatives" that have never been used before have blown it's good to see "incentives" also coming back to the headlines.

Even though I'm not in lagos, Let it not be audio incentives oh we know our government

1 Like

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by khalleb(m): 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
WOW what a good idea to encourage people to dispose properly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by psychologist(m): 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Mindlog: 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
Nice initiative.
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by lastempero: 2:28pm On Apr 26, 2020
tolexy007:
This Chinese peolpe again

That really caught my eyes,we are in for a long thing ooo.
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Montalo(m): 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
This is a good initiative. This has been in existence in China.
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by Nobody: 2:29pm On Apr 26, 2020
The Chinese owns us...

Live report by aq ft mi
Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by LibertyRep: 2:30pm On Apr 26, 2020
Turning waste to money is the new thing.

I suspect that this will be managed by the Chinese as the picture above suggests.

Foreigners might be taking over Nigeria faster than we might even imagine. From construction to quarry to Health and now this.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: LAWMA Successfully Test Runs Mobile App That Allows Residents Receive Incentives by EILTD(m): 2:30pm On Apr 26, 2020
A welcome development. Let’s join hands to keep Lagos clean.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

IGP Under Pressure To Arrest Igboho As Activist Snubs Police Invitation / Femi Fani-kayode Celebrates Wife, Precious Chikwendu's Birthday (Photos) / Governor Dankwambo Loses Gombe North Senatorial District To APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.