Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,883 members, 7,817,601 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 PM

Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? (684 Views)

Arewa, Ohanaeze Leaders Meet, Reaffirm Faith In Nigeria / South East And South South Leaders Meet To Determine Faith In One Nigeria. / NTA News: Do You Still Have Faith In Them? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by ovo4u(m): 9:31pm On Jan 08, 2011
Do anyone here still have hope in Nigeria as a Country? Yes or No? with a sound reason.

As for me NO cos I lost my total hope after the Delta state re-run election, I thought we will make it right this time in true Democracy.

I was so much in trust with Jonathan and Jega but they have show us what will be the general election.
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by Wumine(f): 11:19pm On Jan 08, 2011
Yes. I do.
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by yeswecan(m): 11:23pm On Jan 08, 2011
I know its gonna be ok
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by Wumine(f): 11:54pm On Jan 08, 2011
^^yeah we pray so. But Ribadu for President? Don't you think its impossible for now? Dont get me wrong, i would like to see the likes or Ribadu and El-Rufai ruling Nigeria as i have more faith in them than all these refurbished old cargos (minus GEJ of course): but lets face facts, in 8yrs time it might be possible but now 0.5% chance (am not ruling out the possibility) or by miracle!
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by ovo4u(m): 12:14am On Jan 09, 2011
I love my country so much,but my country leaders doesn't like the Country, they love themselves and don't care about us or the country.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by coldhearts(f): 1:22am On Jan 09, 2011
ovo4u:

I love my country so much,but my country leaders doesn't like the Country, they love themselves and don't care about us or the country.

cosign but a time will come when they or their grandchildren would be  be forced to love what's left of it wink

Hopefully they do the right things now so their own children's children can live better lives and compete with the rest of the world or risk a bleak future of regrets and suffering. Considering that some of their children that go abroad aren't necessarily living free and happy lifes there cos of race issues and more; it would be a big gamble not to fix the country and expand this into our neighboring countries as well.
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by mensdept: 2:30am On Jan 09, 2011
I'll have faith in Naija people, the day they sober up from dancing and clapping hands at church and deal with the politcians French revolution style
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by Nobody: 2:32am On Jan 09, 2011
Yes, but when I look at some of those in the corridors of power

I weep cry
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by ovo4u(m): 5:18am On Jan 09, 2011
Thank you guys for your opinions and Nigeria will never change and all the politician are all lieing to us,expecially those PDP.
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by iice(f): 5:35am On Jan 09, 2011
ovo4u:

Are the leaders not like every other person except with means and success to get where they are?
Like they are a breed apart undecided.
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by MaiSuya(m): 6:05am On Jan 09, 2011
*sigh* do we have a choice? undecided
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by coldhearts(f): 6:58am On Jan 09, 2011
Many of those in power might want to rethink the future, shortsightedness may not be pardoned due to a fiercer competition for resources worldwide, we might need to be more competitive/educated/protective and creative just to survive

I know we are improving in some areas but here's a good example of not so great leadership-
Some (including) our leaders travel all the way to europe for medical services only to have a nigerian in europe/developed country treat you grin?
A country that doesn't offer goods and services utilizing its own people can only grow by so much undecided.

I don't think the leaders dislike the country per se, just their past actions came across that way possibly due their myopic views of the world. Now even their children abroad and in Nigeria will bear the grunt and pain if there's no positive change.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
i have faith in nigeria cos we have great potential smiley even foreigners know this
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by Adonike(m): 12:31pm On Jan 09, 2011
Nigeria 4 life!
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by ovo4u(m): 6:01pm On Jan 09, 2011
^^^^^^
I am not in Nigeria,but from what i see here in Germany,i just keep crying cos i know it not hard to get it right for all Nigeria citizen.

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by ShangoThor(m): 6:07pm On Jan 09, 2011
My prayer for Southern Nigeria

[size=18pt]Bring on 2015[/size]

If I believed this scenario had anything to do with God, I would say a prayer which would go something like this:

Thank you lord for providing us (Southern Nigerian's) with an opportunity to end an era of Northern led,
pro radical Islamist tyranny and domination that was setup by a British man called Lugard, hence I give Lugard a
single finger salute.

I acknowledge that in Southern Nigeria we have 'progressive Muslims' that generally have the peoples interest (general good)
at heart, and some of them are family memebers, relatives, colleagues and friends, but they add value to our polity.

We finally have an opportunity to build a progressive State and State apparatus devoted to providing Social Justice to all;
to eradicate poverty and hunger; to form good, honest and transparent democratically elected governance; to devise systems (checks and balances) that will curtail capital flight, corruption and tax evasion;
to create the pinnacle environment of opportunites for all; to acknowledge, seek penance and atone for the error of judgement of the ways of our ancestors regarding slavery and exploitation; to unleash the creative, innovative,
entrepreneurial passions of all individuals; to create an environment where competition ensures the availability of cheap goods for all and not cost three times the price as they are in the West; to develop our Utopia, a black mans paradise that would be the envy of the world,
and would be the hub of Africa, for with your grace, we are confident, we are educated for the purpose, we will succeed and we refuse to lose.

Amen

No system can starve and enslave 100 million+ Africans forever, the system will eventually implode ,  Hunger has an amazing effect on human behavior ,  Bring on 2015
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by IYANGBALI: 9:04pm On Jan 09, 2011
it is not only faith dat i have,i have joy,blessing,happiness,peace,favour,nkechi,chinyere,esther,amina,yetunde,ebere,saadatu and many many faith in nigeria my foot,nigeria sucks tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Do You Still Have Faith In Nigeria? by ovo4u(m): 9:41pm On Jan 09, 2011
@IYA NGBALI

^^^^^^^^

You are funny,just like your picture

(1) (Reply)

'i Dey Laugh', Is Obj A Nairalander / God Told Me To Be Buhari's Running Mate - Pastor Tunde Bakare / Sanusi Says No To Imf: Questions their advice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.