Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,134 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:45 AM

Post Your Vista Problems Here - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Post Your Vista Problems Here (23137 Views)

BBM For PC Download, Blackberry Messenger For Windows7/8/vista Computer / Post Your Imac, Macbook And Macbook Pro Problems Here. / Post Your Computer (PC) Troubles Here. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 7:53pm On Jun 07, 2007
I found out that there was no topic in nairaland dedicated to window vista, and many of the bugs and issues that comes with.hence these topic is for those with vista problems,or those who need advise on applications compatibility issues with vista.or what to use and not to use with vista, IN other words all your vista questions and problems should be pasted here.so that people who have the solutions can help out.

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:13pm On Jun 07, 2007
Let me start with a list of applications that currently not compatible with vista
1.Divx Player .This application and its codec causes serious problems with vista, and time u open a folder that has avi video files u see an error message called COM SUROGATE ERROR.closing this error message can cause make windows explorer to become unstable, But that is not bad compared to what will happen if u decide to unistall divx.dont even try it cus doing that would just take out ur CD ROM drive, i.e when u go to my compters u wont see the CD/DVD drive anymore, it happened to me and a friend and i had to format my system cus even system restore wont work.the solution if u are experiencing this problem is to go to divx site and download the latest dvix codec.some says that it would resolve the issue i dont know .but please DONT UNINSTALL DVIX.IF U USE VISTA AND U HAVE IT IN UR SYSTEM JUST LEAVE IT THERE AND DISABLE thumbnail FOR VIDEOS THAT SHOULD RESOLVE THE COM SURROGATE ISSUE.IF UV GOT PROBLEM WITH U VISTA U CAN GIVE ME A CALL 08022982697.I WOULD BE GLAD TO HELP
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by hustla(m): 5:24pm On Jun 08, 2007
Man i really love yo vista, can i possibly get that on a pentium two pc, i already got one but urs beat me handa down, holla
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Jwhizzy(m): 5:29pm On Jun 08, 2007
Hey.Pls my laptop desktop icons n toolbar has disappeard.Plus d keyboard short keys dnt work.Pls wat do i do
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 7:43pm On Jun 08, 2007
@ hustla i would strongly not recommend installing vista on a P2 laptop.however most of the designs u saw on my desktop did not come from vista.and the one that came with vista there are 3rd party applications that can do the same on xp.like google desktop which comes with its own sidebar.and the wallpaper came from a collection i download

@ Jwhizzy u need to tell me what u were doing before this happened i already replied ur post on the possible cause and solution
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Jwhizzy(m): 8:36pm On Jun 08, 2007
I'm guesin its either ur diagnosis abt shutdown in d middle of an operation or maybe cos i installed a malware or spyware.Wat do u tink.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 8:52pm On Jun 08, 2007
why don't u try creating another user account, about it being a malware/spy ware there is a way windows would inform u that ur system has been effected with a spy ware, if the problem still occurs on the new account then , just try creating a new account first
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Jwhizzy(m): 10:22pm On Jun 08, 2007
I created an account and stil had dsame prob.Wat can i do?10ks 4 d help so far.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 3:58am On Jun 09, 2007
well i guess maybe u system has got a virus,in any case what anti virus do u use, i would suggest u download and install nod32 of kaspersky internet security the latest version.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Jwhizzy(m): 3:17pm On Jun 09, 2007
I'm nt online with my laptop.I thot u can only use dat online.Is it free?Educate me,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 3:26pm On Jun 09, 2007
do stay in lagos if his then u could get in touch with me iv got the antivirus, everything is free o
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Jwhizzy(m): 9:44pm On Jun 09, 2007
@bigrovar.I stay in lag.Hw do i get in touch?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 12:08pm On Jun 10, 2007
call me 08022982698
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Jwhizzy(m): 1:39pm On Jun 10, 2007
I'd cal u.D name's jide.10ks 4 evrytin.Wat part of lag do u stay.I stay around yaba.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 1:57pm On Jun 10, 2007
i stay around isolo
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Jwhizzy(m): 3:32pm On Jun 10, 2007
So wen wud u b at home dis week.And can u txt ur home add to 08026102564 or betr stil tel me hw to get ther frm yaba.My mail is jide_ogunyale@yahoo.co.uk do u hav xp pro service pack 2?
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chrysler(m): 7:21pm On Jun 10, 2007
i was once using vista home preemium on my laptop bt later upgraded it to vista business, since then i have been having problem with the sound because i changed the sound to high definition sound, pls what can i do to retrieve the sound back, i tried using windows restore bt i couldn`t get through, pls help me out or send me a mail on phantastique@gmail.com, Thanks
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by otoidea(m): 9:57pm On Jun 10, 2007
vista sucks!!! stick wv xp! or move to linux or mac
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 10:09pm On Jun 10, 2007
some people have experienced that while upgrading from one vista package to another, by the way what brand of system do u use, why dont u try going to the notebooks manufacturers site maybe u could see the sound drivers to download.one thing i have experienced with vista is that restore most times dont repair driver problems.by the way try checking out ur device manager.check out if all ur drivers are working properly , if the sound driver is not working well let me know the code it displays, it either could be that window could not load the drivers or the necessary sound driver is missing.go to ur device manager and check if ur sound driver is ok, let me know the result,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by tenor(m): 10:55pm On Jun 10, 2007
bigrovar you are the man! that explorer issue pisses me off alot. Good thread! cheesy
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 11:10pm On Jun 10, 2007
tenor:

bigrovar you are the man! that explorer issue pisses me off alot. Good thread! cheesy
so what did u do to resolve it
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chrysler(m): 12:02am On Jun 11, 2007
I am using a sony vaio laptop, i checked my device mgr frm where i went to check my sound video and game controller and went to check my high definition audio device and it is telling me that it is working properly, i don`t know what to do next, i ll kip trying and if you have any other suggestion,i ll appreciate a lot
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 12:41am On Jun 11, 2007
i feel that what u are experiencing is a driver problem, u said u changed the sound to high definition sound.u know that the visat u upgraded to is business and does not really support most of the multimedia features present in home premuim and ultimate.so it might just be that vista business doesnt support high definition sounds.i just found out that some one experienced that problem after upgrading to bizz from home prem.what i can recommend is that u go to ur device manager then right click on the sound driver.select update driver.among the options choose search for the best driver online am not sure if this will work but u can try this why i think of something,
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 1:07am On Jun 11, 2007
if that doesnt work ,then u have to go to sony site.to downoad a sound driver 4 your system.found out that there is a bug with the Sigmatel driver installation package that affects the upgrade scenario. It will look like the install worked, but you’ll get the error “No Audio Output Device Installed” so if your sound driver is sigmatel u might just want to.uninstall the driver all together and insatll a new one from your sony site or your restore CD OR CENTER.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Orimili(m): 2:56am On Jun 11, 2007
Drivers, drivers, drivers! I have had to return most of the hardware that I use on a regular basis, as the manufacturers are too lazy to produce drivers, making my system very unstable at times. I have replaced them with ones from better manufacturers that have vista support. The OS itself doesn't yet feel like a true upgrade to Windows XP. It seems as it is as Windows ME was to Windows 98.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by iice(f): 6:02am On Jun 11, 2007
Gawd the vista get too much wahala, too slow for me. Had to go back to my xp thank goodness!
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 6:45am On Jun 11, 2007
iice:

Gawd the vista get too much wahala, too slow for me. Had to go back to my xp thank goodness!
Very wrong, all u have to do is find out what hardwares are compatible with vista.u can just wakeup one morning and decide that u want to use vista on machine that does not have the necessary hardware component that would ensure that vista runs smoothly.most times it is recommended that u dt u buy systems that are preloaded with vista that was what i did and my system works like magic, boots faster shuts down faster,very smooth and easier to use compared to xp.but it came at a cost.160GB Harddrive,2GB ram,Intel core 2 duo processor,256 graphic memory.the funny thing is that even my friends system running xp with a better configuration does not work that well at all.a friend who once loaded vista on his 512ram,amd sempron,compaq almost crippled the system, despite the fact that it was rated vista capable, the most important thing is that ur ram shold be at least 1gb,with a graphic memory of 128mb.and a centrino pm would work fine very fine.but like i said earlier it would be better if vista was shipped with ur system, to save ur self of have to look 4 drivers that
would work with it,

Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by Jwhizzy(m): 12:05pm On Jun 11, 2007
@bigrovar.Hw cn i get in touch wit u dis week n where.Jide_ogunyale@yahoo.Co.Uk
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by chrysler(m): 12:20pm On Jun 11, 2007
i have tried what you said it still will not work, can i install vista premium back on my system and what are the consequences,

Pls let me know ASAP, THANKS
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 1:59pm On Jun 11, 2007
did u try downloading a new sound driver from sonystyle.com, if u event then may be u should try, if u have tried and it didnt still work.then am afried u have u format ur system with using the vista home premium that came with it.but hold on just yet .there might just be a solution.give me till 2moro morning if u can.
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by bigrovar(m): 2:51pm On Jun 11, 2007
please can u give me the full name and series of for sony laptop, e.g sonyvaio N21 s/w, and the serial numer, let me see if i can help u get the sound driver, or better still let me know the type of sound driver u use, u can do that by going to ur device manager and checking the name writing on the sound driver maybe its Sigmatel
Re: Post Your Vista Problems Here by texazzpete(m): 2:59pm On Jun 11, 2007
@bigrovar
Nice work you're doing here, man!

To all VAIO users, what're u guys whining on here about? if your system is rated vista capable, vista drivers exist on the sony website. I've installed all the drivers and they work perfectly. I'm currently dual-booting xp and vista on my vaio fe21M

To all those saying 'vista sucks' i feel great pity for you. this is a new OS, and it's definitely gonna have teething problems. most of the apps not workin gon vista have newer versions out or drivers and patches out or in the works. Formatting vista for Xp isn't the answer, especially if yours is a genuine copy of Vista, in which case you've shot yourself in the foot.

Some unscrupulous manufacturers pre-install vista on a 512MB system. please if you're running vista on such a system, upgrade to 1GB asap. also, get a decent gfx card to run the Aero interface.

I strongly support what Microsoft has done with vista. It's gonna drag us all, kicking and screaming into the modern era. I see no reason why we shouldnt insist on at least 1gb of RAm in our systems, and at least a 128MG gfx card for gaming, autocad and 3d packages. Anyone buying a laptop or desktop should aim for at least a pentium 4.

of course, there'll always be people tryign to install vista on pentium 3s with 256Mb RAM. IMHO, 70% of those who complain about vista on NL are guilty of that crime!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Macbook Pro 16" 2021 M1 Pro Unboxing And Price / Five-year-old Passes Microsoft Exam / Why Is Printing Expensive Than Photocopy.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.