Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,091 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? (8140 Views)

Samuel Okonta And Blood Thirsty Rivers State Politicians. / How Effective Are Lagos Laws To Lagosians(photo) / Most Kidnappers In The South East Are Lagos Returnees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 6:08pm On Jan 09, 2011
@ afam

you ahve to learn on how to talk to people who are indigenous to the are we all igbos call home, so they can trust us to rule them,

some of us igbos did not like it when chime and chris uba were talking with ACN nd now we are here talking of ruling othes when other can not rule us,,, how is this fair undecided
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:09pm On Jan 09, 2011
Missy85:

the Igbo situation in nigeria is a complex revolving cycle, and i think the Igbos can do a lot more to win friends.

their pride (justifiable) in recovering so well from the war has been allowed in part to turn into unwholesome arrogance & chest beating using many trumped up statistics to tell everyone else how superhuman they are.

A little dose of humility, stopping the constant blame-game will help reassure other nigerians. But Then again, these other nigerians have to extend a genuine hand of friendship devoid of suspicion.

You are very right. I think the SW has done just that (the genuine hand of friendship) by allow their businesses to florish in Lagos, have the eze of igbo in lagos(or something like that) and even appoint an igbo man as part of the past and present administration.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 6:11pm On Jan 09, 2011
alj harem1:

@ afam

you ahve to learn on how to talk to people who are indigenous to the are we all igbos call home, so they can trust us to rule them,

[b]some of us igbos [/b]did not like it when chime and chris uba were talking with ACN nd now we are here talking of ruling othes when other can not rule us,,, how is this fair undecided

Once again stop claiming what you're not.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

You are very right. I think the SW has done just that (the genuine hand of friendship) by allow their businesses to florish in Lagos, have the eze of igbo in lagos(or something like that) and even appoint an igbo man as part of the past and present administration.

Allow our business to flourush because we;re not Nigerian abi. You're as dumb as they come.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Nobody: 6:13pm On Jan 09, 2011
their pride (justifiable) in recovering so well from the war has been allowed in part to turn into unwholesome arrogance & chest beating using many trumped up statistics to tell everyone else how superhuman they are.

tell me about it

i was never really aware of this until nl, when every other day someone spams us with threads about some igbos achievement along with  ndigbo adulation

in much the same way, the bitching about marginalisation and being held down is repeated everywhere - the other day some ibo chick in my company was blathering about how ibos cannot rise beyond a particular level. when asked about an ibo fellow who did , she mumbled something  and so on and so forth.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by fstranger1: 6:14pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

But what did we get from them?

Nothing but unfounded arrogance.

I really dont think an Ibo man would be allowed to become president. Not as long as Tinubu is alive and not in my life time

Awa laleko. Lagos na we own!

Any gbemu gbemu,
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 6:18pm On Jan 09, 2011
alj harem1:

but afam, if u do not support biafra, how can u not think it is a bad idea undecided

what do you think lagos is, a state of mostly yoruba cover by at least 2 yoruba states in all direction apart from the south,

i believe an igbo can be governor of lagos state only if he is loved bu the yoruba indegence, if not even tinubu can not put him there because it would be ungovernable for him undecided form opc to awori boys, to mainland, to isale, eko, obalende, etc sululera

etc  undecided  unless the igbos guy is yorubazied as jason suggested and he is loved by not only lagosains but by yorubas undecided

How is it a bad idea for a region to want there own country.

Lagos is not a state of mostly yoruba. It is a state with about 45% - 50% of yorubas. Igbos are something like 30% - 35%. One cannot ignore the other ethnic minorities like the Hausas, Ibibio, Bini etc no matter how small.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:19pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Allow our business to flourush because we;re not Nigerian abi. You're as dumb as they come.
You are the dumb and proud one, and that is the problem I have with some igbo nlanders undecided.

If the SW has been doing what the Hausas have been doing to igbos and burning down their shops and investments then you would start crying marginalisation.SMH!!!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Nobody: 6:20pm On Jan 09, 2011
Lagos [b]is [/b]a Yoruba state that inhabits many non-yorubas, like Kwara grin

We dont discriminate, anyone is welcomed into any Yoruba state.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

You are the dumb and proud one, and that is the problem I have with some igbo nlanders undecided.

If the SW has been doing what the Hausas have been doing to igbos and burning down their shops and investments then you would start crying marginalisation.SMH!!!

Mumu are you forgetting that Lagos was Nigeria's capital? Dundee United.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:21pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

How is it a bad idea for a region to want there own country.

Lagos is not a state of mostly yoruba. It is a state with about 45% - 50% of yorubas. Igbos are something like 30% - 35%. One cannot ignore the other ethnic minorities like the Hausas, Ibibio, Bini etc no matter how small.

How the HELL can someone say yorubas are 45% - 50% in lagos and igbos are 30%-35%
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by presido1: 6:22pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

No, you think through your anus! Do these people not understand the English culture?
You shifting the goal post now to culture and not origin/nationality.

[/quote]Can you jsut bring and irish or scotish man into mainstream uk politics and expect him to be elected? Why was Gordon not re-elected ( although, it partially due to his policies and and coalition government formed)?
[quote]
You asked a question why GB was not re-elected and answered with the bracketed sentence.

Small boy have you seen a british passport b4? His passport will state his place of birth as edinburgh. His drivers licence will state his country of birth as United Kingdon or Scotland depending what he filled in the form and he can never fill England.
If you see an unknown person with such passport what nationality will you give him/her.(British from Scotland).

Done with you.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 6:23pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

How the HELL can someone say yorubas are 45% - 50% in lagos and igbos are 30%-35%

Igbos must be the most politically impotent group of people on the face of the earth if they can be 35% of the population and have nothing to show for it. Even 10 or 20% is enough to make an impact, let alone 35%. . .
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by JomoGbomo2(m): 6:24pm On Jan 09, 2011
i am laughing and imagining what would have happened if afam, jason and alh are in the same room now, maybe fstranger would have shot afam already.

i hope you all find this constructive. goodluck (not jonathan o)
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

And so? Even if there is an influx of people from other parts of Nigeria into Lagos. Does that mean if there is an ethnic riot, igbos or other ethnic groups would not feel it? What about the fight between yorubas and hausas? Yorubas welcome everyone but it should not be taken for granted! Enough said!!!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 6:25pm On Jan 09, 2011
That's just a rough estimate. Nobody knows the true population of ethnicities in Nigeria.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:30pm On Jan 09, 2011
presido1:

You shifting the goal post now to culture and not origin/nationality.
You asked a question why GB was not re-elected and answered with the bracketed sentence.

Small boy have you seen a british passport b4? His passport will state his place of birth as edinburgh. His drivers licence will state his country of birth as United Kingdon or Scotland depending what he filled in the form and he can never fill England.
If you see an unknown person with such passport what nationality will you give him/her.(British from Scotland).

Done with you.

Who is this stupid child chatting crap on the net Okay, you were born in Kaduna (an example), Why don't you contest as a councellor or something and see if they would not shout inyamaria and kill you.
When they start their religious riots, why don't you say there since you were born there? Why do you run to the east or west or wherever?
Was nzogwu (with all due respect) not considered as an igbo man even though he has spent most of his life in the North? Boy, I am telling you the reality!!!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Afam4eva(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

Who is this silly child chatting crap on the net Okay, you were born in Kaduna (an example), Why don't you contest as a councellor or something and see if they would not shout inyamaria and kill you.
When they start their religious riots, why don't you say there since you were born there? Why do you run to the east or west or wherever?
Was nzogwu (with all due respect) not considered as an igbo man even though he has spent most of his life in the North? Boy, I am telling you the reality!!!

We're talking about countries and you're talking of states in the same country. You're really a small boy.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

That's just a rough estimate. Nobody knows the true population of ethnicities in Nigeria.

True. Brother, I pray a credible igbo man with an insight in the yoruba culture would be the governor of Lagos state soon. Amen.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 6:33pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

afam to be honest with you, you really do not know what you are talking about

the population of igbos in lagos is not more that 5-10% most of the people you consider igbos of lagos are not even registered in alausa because during the emulation most igbos ran back to the east and were not registered as lagosians

i hope u know there are parts of lagos that no single igbos is found living there,,,,eg isele eko, inside ebute metta, inside epe, inside badagry, a very small population can be found in ikordu

igbos are popular in ajegunle, makoko and proparbly idumota

go to ikoyi and victoria island most of the houses are either government or own by yourbas/edo

lekki  is also populated by yorubas and a very very small amount of igbos

afam, what are you talking about, this are people leaving in lagos, and they are telling you the reality here
undecided undecided undecided

plas do not insult
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:34pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

We're talking about countries and you're talking of states in the same country. You're really a small boy.

I have said the reality. Believe it or not undecided Na your palava. Is nigeria not nations within a nation? You are the one that is not thinking straight!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by isalegan2: 6:36pm On Jan 09, 2011
alj harem1:

i believe an igbo can be governor of lagos state only if he is loved bu the yoruba indegence, if not even tinubu can not put him there because it would be ungovernable for him undecided form opc to awori boys, to mainland, to isale, eko, obalende, etc sululera

etc  undecided  unless the igbos guy is yorubazied as jason suggested and he is loved by not only lagosains but by yorubas undecided
Sounds like you lived a long time in Lagos.  So, you must have met lots of Ibos who were born and raised there, speaking Yoruba and mingling well with Lagosians.  I'm not going to pretend there weren't hostility from some, but there were many Ibos who blended well.
I can see someone with an Igbo last name, maybe born of a Yoruba mother with long history in Lagos, becoming governor in 10-20 years from now.  It won't be easy, but it can be done.  It is probably more likely to have a Lagosian born of Tapa (long-term Lagosian) parents get in there first though.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2011
alj harem1:

afam to be honest with you, you really do not know what you are talking about

the population of igbos in lagos is not more that 5-10% most of the people you consider igbos of lagos are not even registered in alausa because during the emulation most igbos ran back to the east and were not registered as lagosians

i hope u know there are parts of lagos that no single igbos is found living there,,,,eg isele eko, inside ebute metta, inside epe, inside badagry, a very small population can be found in ikordu

igbos are popular in ajegunle, makoko and proparbly idumota

go to ikoyi and victoria island most of the houses are either government or own by yourbas/edo

lekki  is also populated by yorubas and a very very small amount of igbos

afam, what are you talking about, this are people leaving in lagos, and they are telling you the reality here
undecided undecided undecided

plas do not insult

You dey mind them They lay claim to anything claim-able.lol
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Missy85(f): 6:37pm On Jan 09, 2011
Afam, did you make that estimate looking out of your window?

Whats the point of all the made-up statistics I see on nairaland.

You could have simply said Igbos constitute a sizable proportion of Lagos, or that Igbos are the second largest ethnic group. That would have commanded respect.

Why make up statistics on your kitchen table and try to pass them off as credible estimates?
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by aljharem11(m): 6:38pm On Jan 09, 2011
jason123:

True. Brother, I pray a credible igbo man with an insight in the yoruba culture would be the governor of Lagos state soon. Amen.
God forbid bad thing,, why should you say amen to that undecided

are there not other groups in lagos as afam claims,,, why can't a kanuri or hausa or even edo people be the governor why igbos that bombed lagos be the governor of the state undecided

jason, watch what you wish for

were you not here when they were causing chris uba and chime because they joined am yoruba party

lets not even go to a yoruba man ruling enugu undecided
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by isalegan2: 6:41pm On Jan 09, 2011
JomoGbomo2:

i am laughing and imagining what would have happened if afam, jason and alh are in the same room now, maybe fstranger would have shot afam already.

grin lipsrsealed
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2011
afam4eva:

Ibos are not just in Lagos, they are in every nooks and crannies of Yorubaland, doing their businesses without being harassed.

You can't say the same thing about the North, despite having the same rights you have over there as in Yorubaland.

Perhaps, this is why we don't hear of ibos laying claims to Kano or Kaduna
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2011
isale_gan2:

It is probably more likely to have a Lagosian born of Tapa (long-term Lagosian) parents get in there first though.

Hrm, I thought Tapa was Nupe? Or does Tapa refer to another group in this context. . . ?

jason123:

Why? I don't see how this should be something on the priority list. Let the people of Lagos continue to choose who they want as governor. I don't see why we need to pander to any sectarian interests. . .
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:42pm On Jan 09, 2011
alj harem1:

God forbid bad thing,, why should you say amen to that undecided

are there not other groups in lagos as afam claims,,, why can't a kanuri or hausa or even edo people be the governor why igbos that bombed lagos be the governor of the state undecided

jason, watch what you wish for

were you not here when they were causing chris uba and chime because they joined am yoruba party

lets not even go to a yoruba man ruling enugu undecided

I know what i wished for and I stand by it. A credible igbo man at has an insight to the yoruba culture, language and heritage WOULD become the governor of Lagos soon. Amen!!!
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by jason123: 6:45pm On Jan 09, 2011
Aigbofa:

Ibos are not just in Lagos, they are in every nooks and crannies of Yorubaland, doing their businesses without being harassed.

You can't say the same thing about the North, despite having the same rights you have over there as in Yorubaland.

Exactly!!!!

eku_bear:

Hrm, I thought Tapa was Nupe? Or does Tapa refer to another group in this context. . . ?
Why? I don't see how this should be something on the priority list. Let the people of Lagos continue to choose who they want as governor. I don't see why we need to pander to any sectarian interests. . .

Tapa people are nupe people.
. . . and its not my focus but if an igbo man is better than the yoruba man in ruling the state and has also fufiled the conditions, then why not
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by isalegan2: 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2011
eku_bear:

Yes.  They're called Tapa in Lagos.  Some families have been there for a long time.  Also, a lot of intermarriage between Tapa and ara Eko.
Re: Are Lagos State Politicians Are Mostly Moslem? by ekubear1: 6:46pm On Jan 09, 2011
Aigbofa:

Sometimes I wonder if the generosity and sharing nature of my people will be our downfall. Some people if you give them an inch, they ask for a mile  undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

NBA Hosts Presidential Candidates To Dialogue On Jan 30 / Wike Erects Bola Tinubu Billboards All Over Rivers State / 2023 Presidency: Enugu AAC Dumps Sowore, Endorses Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.