Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,376 members, 7,826,479 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:54 PM

My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop (91369 Views)

HELP My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave / When you want a Slave In The Name Of Wife Material. / My Wicked Wife Didn't Buy Christmas Clothes For Our House Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by julybaba(m): 9:41am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

If you want him to rest and live long, you have to wake up early and do the necessary chores.

You can't stop him from tidying his house, when he feels things are in disarray, just brace up and do what should be done.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by raphroye: 9:42am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted
Wetin women want
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by lomprico(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humanswomen really want?
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by ednut1(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2020
You can never satisfy women. So dont bother trying

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by adewumiopeyemi(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2020
Your husband no get job or have you done something to him to be doing the work of an house maid
Man should be the head of the ause nomatter what

Because woman now aday person need to fear them
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Lexusgs430: 9:42am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:
I am writing to ask if you can help me to persuade my husband to do less around the house. I am worried that he is going to make himself ill from exhaustion. Also, and it is hard for me to say this to him without being hurtful, I married him for his fun personality not his work ethic and I fear I am losing him to domestic drudgery. I want an equal partner, not a slave.

We have a toddler and a baby, born few months ago. During the pregnancy, I was quite tired and run down and my darling, supportive husband started to do more and more around the house and with our son (and despite a full-time, responsible job, he has always done more than his fair share of housework). I am now breastfeeding the baby, which is tough because he barely stops feeding and won't really nap anywhere except in my arms.

So this leaves my husband doing the shopping, tidying, washing and cooking. He gets up at 6am every morning to get our toddler ready for nursery, with a packed lunch, and he drops him off before he can get himself off to work. Meanwhile, I just sit around feeding the baby!

I feel permanently guilty and as if the only way I will get my husband to do less is if I do more. The thing is that I can walk away from mess and he can't.

I hugely appreciate him helping, but, beyond the basics, would rather see him sleeping or even cuddling me on the sofa rather than trying to be on top of everything. I love my husband – he is truly the sweetest, most loving, most wonderful lover and father, but I find myself resenting the fact that I barely see his fun side these days because he is so tired that he is essentially ill – and I can't help thinking it is at least partly self-inflicted

Those that have heads, have no caps....... wink
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Christmasdon(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2020
Did i read you well?
Your child is going to nursery in this lockdown stay at home. my dear u should be arrested. asap!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by NairaMaster1(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

It's because you refused to work, and, he doesn't want problems in his home.

At least, some us are married, our wives have given birth to twins too, and that didn't turn us to slaves.

Allow him for peace to reign. I can see alot of energy in him.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Swingate(m): 9:42am On Apr 29, 2020
Some women can never be satisfied, it's their nature. I noticed that they always hate anything they have in abundance, before you know it they start looking for what they don't have.
Be a man, make women happy by not giving them everything.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by semyman: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2020
Your specie is always sick because you don't know what you want.
On the flip side you will still complain, just suit your self and quit the space out here
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by PervertProphet: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2020
Beosten:
Dey blow English dey go.

Once the baby sleeps in your arm, transfer her to the bed na so that you can do chores while asleep.

Hahaha!
You my friend is a real African.

Two crates of Malt for you.
You gave her simple and straightforward answer. Exactly, how our mothers used to be before these internet mother's took over.

2 Likes

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Gbounce: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2020
Thiz one no get brain.
If u do dem complain, You no do dem go still complain

Never satisfied creature
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by faithfull18(f): 9:43am On Apr 29, 2020
Chai, this life sef.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Anadan231: 9:43am On Apr 29, 2020
You don't have to feel guilty about this ma'am, and never should you leverage on that to abdicate on your own responsibilities as well. It's a just a pointer that your hubby is a complete gentle, caring and supportive man. Never take that for granted at all. You can pick up on one or two things to do to compliment h is effort even while it's undertandable you're still breast feeding that toddler.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Martinola(m): 9:43am On Apr 29, 2020
Congrats ma'am.
You are one of few women to have a perfect husband.
In my view, u hav no problem, so don't create one by trying to make ur husband change.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Reference(m): 9:43am On Apr 29, 2020
Visionless home. Your calling in life is to do house chores. Both you and your husband should be flogged at the courts of life.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Alexk2(m): 9:44am On Apr 29, 2020
haaaa....sometimes I wish I can know what women really really want but alas, there wants are almost always undefined, ever changing, impossible to decode. God save us o.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

1.If I was a woman, I will be praying I marry a man who behaves like your husband....just saying.

2.Also, I appreciate that you are a very thoughtful person, and you obviously care about your man. Thumbs up.

3.Having said that, consider that he probably sees that your hands are filled up, and is making sure you have more time to devote to the baby and all...in other words, this is probably his way of showing consideration to you.

4.Anyways, if it still bothers you, talk to him about it.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Nobody: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2020
Adasun:
Lols,what do humans really want?

Correction: what do WOMEN really want? grin
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by propsvilla3: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2020
You can't satisfy a woman, if you work they will complain, if you don't work they will complain. What do women want, to kill ourself for them
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by readingokpara: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

you are so so lucky
You re the one who turned your hubby into a slave, so you breastfeed for 24hrs,? no relative to assist.?

Stop using the baby as can excuse to be lazy, remember your hubby will resume work one day, then your eye go clear.

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by HundredWays(m): 9:44am On Apr 29, 2020
vickydankal:
I just hope that your female friends are not on Nairaland reading this else ......

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by NairaMaster1(m): 9:44am On Apr 29, 2020
CaptainStephen:
This one is surprising o, me for instance does exactly what your husband is doing and I damm love it.
My wife even finds it amazing sef

Kikikikiki

Lazy and always restaurant wives would find fun in it.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by kemii685: 9:44am On Apr 29, 2020
[color=#] 3054889[/color]
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Eberechi24(f): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Humanoid01:
Na wa oo!

And here I am, promising myself that I'm going to be extremely supportive to my wife if I get married. Women, wetin exactly una want sef?
Don't Mind Op. We want supportive husband.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Christmasdon(m): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Some women love their husbands to beat them ,for some its very good. and shows their men are a real mhen!

1 Like

Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by omoadeleye(m): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Skmoda360:
Ki leleyi tun fe bayi.....you get problem woman....this is the reason why it's not good to be good all the time...."your being good can be used against you"...continue saying trash, he will soon discover and stop then your eyes will open... shocked

To be sincere, too much is a disease, everything needs to be moderate
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by majamajic(m): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Beosten:
Dey blow English dey go.

Once the baby sleeps in your arm, transfer her to the bed na so that you can do chores while asleep.

I think she is a lazy type
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by Johnson5258: 9:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Most of you don't get her point, she's lonely. She needs attention too. Sorry ma. Try do the chores while he's asleep and make sure you know how to make your baby sleep or busy, so that you can be free when returns from work. Sorry ma. Quality time is very important.
Re: My Husband Has Become A Domestic Slave In Our House & I Do Not Know How To Stop by chigoizie7(m): 9:45am On Apr 29, 2020
Beautykate:

You knew the solution to your problems yet you are asking. What do you want us to tell you?

Make it a duty then, once he leaves for work, make sure you get everything fixed. By doing that, you are reducing the work in the house. How can you be complaining yet you do nothing and then expect him to also do nothing?

Once your baby sleeps, get yourself busy. All these things you are saying is just trash, I think you are just the lazy type. As a mom, you should have known when and how to make your baby sleep.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

My Husband Doesn’t Want My Son To Come And Stay With Us / John Edobor, Man Accused Of Breaking Wife's Legs Tells His Side Of The Story / 32-year-old Ghanaian Virgin Seeks Divorce Over Husband’s Huge Manhood

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.