Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,968 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

Which African Countries Interest You Most? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which African Countries Interest You Most? (3384 Views)

Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? / Which African Country Can I Travel To With 1.5million Naira / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 12:05am On Apr 29, 2020
Whenever I watch or listen to the news some countries and their issues interest me more than others. For instance, I get bored when they play stories about North African countries (like Egypt and Libya) or the ones that speak FRENCH, but there are exceptions - and I will name them.

So I prefer sub-Saharan countries and English speaking ones. I will admit I am biased towards Southern African countries because that's my home region - so I won't mention any of them.

Other than that I would pick these countries, in alphabetical order:

DRC
Ghana
Ivory Coast (Cote d'Ivoire)
Kenya
Nigeria
Western Sahara Republic

I noticed these are the big countries on the continent (the usual suspects), but maybe thats the benefit of size.

So please name your favourite African country or countries.

1 Like

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Enoch07: 12:07am On Apr 29, 2020
none
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 12:23am On Apr 29, 2020
Enoch07 ipost=88970639:
none

You get Ethiopia.

It's Prime Minister is the current Nobel Peace Prize winner. Pretty cool ain't it?

2 Likes

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Enoch07: 12:29am On Apr 29, 2020
WannaHowzit:

You get Ethiopia.

It's Prime Minister is the current Nobel Peace Prize winner. Pretty cool ain't it?
wow!! never knew that

2 Likes

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by pyyxxaro: 12:34am On Apr 29, 2020
Chibok
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 12:41am On Apr 29, 2020
pyyxxaro:
Chibok

You get South Africa.

It's the only country on the continent with 3 capital cities: Pretoria, Cape Town and Bloemfontein. Awesome, hey?

1 Like

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Topshow4real: 12:46am On Apr 29, 2020
Rwanda
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 12:50am On Apr 29, 2020
Topshow4real:
Rwanda

It's becoming a popular choice.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 29, 2020
Namíbia
Ethiopia
Botswana
Angola
Mozambique
Cape verde
Madagáscar
Marroc

1 Like

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by IronGalaxy: 7:20am On Apr 29, 2020
Zaire
Upper Volta
Gold Coast
Rhodesia
Azania
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Zionchild22: 7:58am On Apr 29, 2020
Kenya
Chad
Nigeria
Gabon
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 8:05am On Apr 29, 2020
NockMedia:
Namíbia
Ethiopia
Botswana
Angola
Mozambique
Cape verde
Madagáscar
Marroc

Interesting... 3 former Portuguese colonies. Free spirited countries too, like they are in Brazil.

Personally, I'm not so sure about Morocco. You should notice I have Western Sahara as one of my favorites. So, deadly combination. smiley
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 8:13am On Apr 29, 2020
IronGalaxy:
Zaire
Upper Volta
Gold Coast
Rhodesia
Azania

Wow, even these countries aren't interested in those names anymore grin. Does Azania exist yet?

4 countries from the past and 1 possibly from the future grin

2 Likes

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 8:17am On Apr 29, 2020
Zionchild22:
Kenya
Chad
Nigeria
Gabon

Hmmm, why Chad? I first knew about Gabon from the American version of Survivor. grin
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 8:31am On Apr 29, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Interesting... 3 former Portuguese colonies. Free spirited countries too, like they are in Brazil.

Personally, I'm not so sure about Morocco. You should notice I have Western Sahara as one of my favorites. So, deadly combination. smiley
LOL maybe it's my love for Brazil and it's culture that is the reason for these three former Portuguese colonies being on the list.
Western Sahara is technically being colonized and controlled by Morocco. There isn't much to write about when it comes to western Sahara.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 8:40am On Apr 29, 2020
NockMedia:

LOL maybe it's my love for Brazil and it's culture that is the reason for these three former Portuguese colonies being on the list.
Western Sahara is technically being colonized and controlled by Morocco. There isn't much to write about when it comes to western Sahara.

True. I just like the idea of a future Western Sahara.

Do u think Angola and Mozambique have shaken off their former war-torn image? They were both shattered by violence that lasted for decades. So basically, what comes to mind for you when you think of those 2 countries, except Brazilian samba and thongs? grin I still have images of mine bombs unfortunately.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 8:55am On Apr 29, 2020
None grin
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 8:57am On Apr 29, 2020
WannaHowzit:

True. I just like the idea of a future Western Sahara.

Do u think Angola and Mozambique have shaken off their former war-torn image? They were both shattered by violence that lasted for decades. So basically, what comes to mind for you when you think of those 2 countries, except Brazilian samba and thongs? grin I still have images of mine bombs unfortunately.

I am not too sure 'bout Mozambique but I can boldly tell you this fam, Angola is better than NIGERIA.
I haven't been there yet, but I have got some angolan friends and to be honest, the standard living they have over there is not as bad as one might think.
They've got better electricity, water supply, security, etc compared to Nigeria, the self- acclaimed, " Giant of Africa."
Although the cost of living is quite high in the capital of Angola, Luanda.
FYI they are also part of the OPEC. Angola produces and exports crude oil. Corruption is also common in her system, but wealth is almost evenly distributed compared with the Nigerian system.

4 Likes

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Evidenx(m): 9:02am On Apr 29, 2020
FOR ME THEY ARE JUST TWO SOUTH AFRICA RWANDA THE REST ARE ZERO.

2 Likes

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 9:02am On Apr 29, 2020
NockMedia:

I am not too sure 'bout Mozambique but I can boldly tell you this fam, Angola is better than NIGERIA.
I haven't been there yet, but I have got some angolan friends and to be honest, the standard living they have over there is not as bad as one might think.
They've got better electricity, water supply, security, etc compared to Nigeria, the self- acclaimed, " Giant of Africa."
Although the cost of living is quite high in the capital of Angola, Luanda.
FYI they are also part of the OPEC. Angola produces and exports crude oil. Corruption is also common in her system, but wealth is almost evenly distributed compared with the Nigerian system.

Interesting, will look it up. cool
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 10:11am On Apr 29, 2020
ZINIBANKS:
None grin

You get Malawi.

It's the only country in the world that has a Carlsberg beer factory (with the exception, of course, of Denmark). So Carlsberg beer is very cheap there. Refreshing, right?

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 10:13am On Apr 29, 2020
WannaHowzit:

You get Malawi.

It's the only country in the world that has a Carlsberg beer factory (with the exception, of course, of Denmark). So Carlsberg beer is very cheap there. Refreshing, right?
So den tell you say I be drunkard abi grin

1 Like

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 10:15am On Apr 29, 2020
Evidenx:
FOR ME THEY ARE JUST TWO
SOUTH AFRICA
RWANDA
THE REST ARE ZERO.

SA now on the scoreboard. 2-points to Rwanda so far. cool
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 10:17am On Apr 29, 2020
ZINIBANKS:

So den tell you say I be drunkard abi grin

Only you have the power to resist. wink Anyway, your laughing emoji showed you had a naughty streak. So beer and fun suit you. grin
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 10:32am On Apr 29, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Only you have the power to resist. wink Anyway, your laughing emoji showed you had a naughty streak. So beer and fun suit you. grin
Nah ion like drinks that taste like àgbò that shit sucks real bad grin grin
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Hadampson(m): 11:19am On Apr 29, 2020
Kenya, the giant of East Africa. Forget what you think you know about Kenya from the lion King. It is so much more than a safari destination or elephant graveyards. Kenya is one of the best place to live in Africa because it’s not only ecologically diverse, but also home to thriving world cities, like Nairobi cool
Although it's overcrowded but life is good in Kenya. The boss, @Pavore9 can relate tongue

Botswana the best country in Africa for me. The country is like a conservative part of South Africa but the downside is that they don't encourage migrants from what I heard but my experience with them online is different from what I heard about them. Only a way to find out, after covid-19, I'm going to explore the country.

Ivory coast this country is the best francophone country in Africa and it's home to African paris known as Abidjan EMEKUSBOY9 can relate wink cheesy

Senegal, 2nd best francophone country in Africa. Terenga the tradition of hospitality might contributed to it tongue
Recently this country has developed one of the world's most affordable coronavirus testing kits and also, building a new $2 billion city diamnadio to help reduce the population in Dakar. If you are looking for progressive countries in Africa, then Senegal should be on your list wink

In professor johnbull's voice....Over and out cool

4 Likes

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Ayotemide(f): 12:37pm On Apr 29, 2020
Kenya: They are a freer society than Nigeria and have some pretty interesting ideas on everything. Good friends and great lovers.

Rwanda: I like their attempt at rebranding their imagery and I am curious to visit.

Botswana: I have read that they have a unique approach to governance and alongdide
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Ayotemide(f): 12:39pm On Apr 29, 2020
Kenya: They are a freer society than Nigeria and have some pretty interesting ideas on everything. Good friends and great lovers.

Rwanda: I like their attempt at rebranding their imagery and I am curious to visit.

Botswana: I have read that they have a unique approach to governance and alongside Zimbabwe have very good writers. A Zim author is a must-read for me.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by RamessesIV(m): 8:07pm On Apr 29, 2020
Cape verse(beautiful women,nice beaches)

Morocco(good tourist sites,lots of nice Arab architecture,don't know about the women)

Ethiopia(hear alot of it,very old,and beautiful women)

Botswana(organized,corrupt free)
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 8:08pm On Apr 29, 2020
Hadampson:
Kenya, the giant of East Africa. Forget what you think you know about Kenya from the lion King. It is so much more than a safari destination or elephant graveyards. Kenya is one of the best place to live in Africa because it’s not only ecologically diverse, but also home to thriving world cities, like Nairobi cool
Although it's overcrowded but life is good in Kenya. The boss, @Pavore9 can relate tongue

Botswana the best country in Africa for me. The country is like a conservative part of South Africa but the downside is that they don't encourage migrants from what I heard but my experience with them online is different from what I heard about them. Only a way to find out, after covid-19, I'm going to explore the country.

Lovely choices.

@bolded Kenya Critics claim that it's a one city country. That there's nothing much outside of Nairobi. Same can be argued of Botswana.

@Botswana I found the comparison with SA intriguing. Could you please explain what you meant there.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 8:13pm On Apr 29, 2020
Ayotemide:

Botswana: I have read that they have a unique approach to governance and alongside Zimbabwe have very good writers. A Zim author is a must-read for me.

grin My takeaway from this is romance (Kenya) and a good read.

Is anyone bothered by Paul Kagame's alleged authoritarian style of leadership in Rwanda? undecided
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 8:15pm On Apr 29, 2020
RamessesIV:
Cape verse(beautiful women,nice beaches)

Morocco(good tourist sites,lots of nice Arab architecture,don't know about the women)

Ethiopia(hear alot of it,very old,and beautiful women)

Botswana(organized,corrupt free)

grin grin Common thread - women.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

English Test: Duolingo Now Accepted? / Best African Country To Relocate To!! / Cambodia? ? ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.