Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,554 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Which African Countries Interest You Most? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Which African Countries Interest You Most? (3426 Views)

Which African Country Is The Best To Relocate To? / Which African Country Can I Travel To With 1.5million Naira / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Ayotemide(f): 8:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
WannaHowzit:

grin My takeaway from this is romance (Kenya) and a good read.

Is anyone bothered by Paul Kagame's alleged authoritarian style of leadership in Rwanda? undecided

I was until I heard he will no longer contest further elections. And yes, some Kenyans make excellent lovers.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Hadampson(m): 9:24pm On Apr 29, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Lovely choices.

Kenya Critics claim that it's a one city country. That there's nothing much outside of Nairobi. Same can be argued of Botswana.

@Botswana I found the comparison with SA intriguing. Could you please explain what you meant there.

That is not true sir
Kenya has beautiful cities apart from Nairobi. Nakuru, Mombasa, Thika, Eldoret just to mention a few

Below are some photos of Mombasa

2 Likes

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Hadampson(m): 9:28pm On Apr 29, 2020
Beautiful Mombasa cool

@WannaHowzit

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Hadampson(m): 9:35pm On Apr 29, 2020
@WannaHowzit..This is kisumu,

This is to let you know that kenya is not a one city country

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by RamessesIV(m): 9:42pm On Apr 29, 2020
Well as far as the tourism industry is booming is OK,Africa has worst dictators,but I hope one day he will peacefully let go of power

But I heard Rwanda is also overrated,and is all PR stunt
WannaHowzit:

grin My takeaway from this is romance (Kenya) and a good read.

Is anyone bothered by Paul Kagame's alleged authoritarian style of leadership in Rwanda? undecided
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Hadampson(m): 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Lovely choices.

@bolded Kenya Critics claim that it's a one city country. That there's nothing much outside of Nairobi. Same can be argued of Botswana.

@Botswana I found the comparison with SA intriguing. Could you please explain what you meant there.

Likewise Botswana is not a one city country smiley

As for the second part, I didn't compare Botswana with South Africa. The country has language and lifestyle similar to South Africa.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 5:40am On Apr 30, 2020
RamessesIV:
Well as far as the tourism industry is booming is OK,Africa has worst dictators,but I hope one day he will peacefully let go of power

But I heard Rwanda is also overrated,and is all PR stunt

Overrated n PR

But the cleanliness is real

2 Likes

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 9:58am On Apr 30, 2020
Hadampson:

Likewise Botswana is not a one city country smiley

As for the second part, I didn't compare Botswana with South Africa. The country has language and lifestyle similar to South Africa.

Okay, just that u had said it's "like a conservative part of SA". So I was wondering if u meant politically or something else.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 10:01am On Apr 30, 2020
Hadampson:

That is not true sir
Kenya has beautiful cities apart from Nairobi. Nakuru, Mombasa, Thika, Eldoret just to mention a few

Below are some photos of Mombasa

I've actually seen this Elephant tusk city gate before. Didn't know it was Mombasa. Interesting.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 10:03am On Apr 30, 2020
Hadampson:
@WannaHowzit..This is kisumu,

This is to let you know that kenya is not a one city country

Kisumu looks relaxed. cool An escape from the bustle in Nairobi and Mombasa.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Hadampson(m): 10:28am On Apr 30, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Okay, just that u had said it's "like a conservative part of SA". So I was wondering if u meant politically or something else.

Not really in political aspect. Their language and culture are quite similar.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Hadampson(m): 10:30am On Apr 30, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Kisumu looks relaxed. cool An escape from the bustle in Nairobi and Mombasa.

Yeah, if you are an introvert, then kisumu is for you wink

1 Like

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 10:13pm On Apr 30, 2020
Hadampson:

Yeah, if you are an introvert, then kisumu is for you wink

Should have all the amenities though. Otherwise it's not worth it for me. grin
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Trenton: 5:43am On May 01, 2020
This Thread is nice...i love the viewpoint of everyone...I'm so glad... Egypt Botswana Mauritius Seychelles Morocco these places would top my bucket list .. Africa has so much potentials...

1 Like

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 11:09am On May 01, 2020
Trenton:
This Thread is nice...i love the viewpoint of everyone...I'm so glad...
Egypt
Botswana
Mauritius
Seychelles
Morocco
these places would top my bucket list ..
Africa has so much potentials...

South Africans, indulge in a moment of national pride: ZA is ranked as the third most biodiverse country in the world! It comes in after Indonesia in second place, and Brazil, which takes the gold medal in the category.

The land of biltong, Ouma rusks, the Vuvuzela, and Walkie-Talkies (not the two-way radio kind) is also one of the planet’s megadiverse countries, meaning it has at least 5000 species of endemic plants and borders marine ecosystems.

Not only is South Africa considered megadiverse, it is ranked third in the world.

2 Likes

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 11:10am On May 01, 2020
Trenton:
This Thread is nice...i love the viewpoint of everyone...I'm so glad...
Egypt
Botswana
Mauritius
Seychelles
Morocco
these places would top my bucket list ..
Africa has so much potentials...

If you love shopping

SA has over 2 000 shopping malls

1 Like

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2020
Austine1213:

If you love shopping

SA has over 2 000 shopping malls

I understand in the Top10 globally. cool

Is the currency exchange attractive for other Africans though?
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 1:06pm On May 01, 2020
Trenton:
This Thread is nice...i love the viewpoint of everyone...

Thank you!! cheesy
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 01, 2020
WannaHowzit:

I understand in the Top10 globally. cool

Is the currency exchange attractive for other Africans though?

Its number 6 after US, china, france, Australia and canada

Where you from?
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 1:08pm On May 01, 2020
Austine1213:

Where you from?

Jozi. I mean is it affordable for most countries outside SA customs union, whose currencies are not pegged to the rand?
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 1:09pm On May 01, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Jozi

You nearby mos

For others the exchange rate is ok
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Nobody: 1:11pm On May 01, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Jozi. I mean is it affordable for most countries outside SA customs union, whose currencies are pegged to the rand?

Yeah

1 Like

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 1:12pm On May 01, 2020
Austine1213:

You nearby mos

For others the exchange rate is ok

Maybe some Nairalanders who have visited SA before could tell us if they found it to be an affordable destination shopping-wise.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Goodman247: 2:13pm On May 01, 2020
Ayotemide:
Kenya: They are a freer society than Nigeria and have some pretty interesting ideas on everything. Good friends and great lovers.

Rwanda: I like their attempt at rebranding their imagery and I am curious to visit.

Botswana: I have read that they have a unique approach to governance and alongside Zimbabwe have very good writers. A Zim author is a must-read for me.

what do you mean by great lovers,l heard that Kenya girls dey toast men
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by molbic(m): 10:08am On May 02, 2020
Favorite countries in Africa are as follows:-rwanda, Kenya, Botswana, Malawi,comoros island, Madagascar,Sao tome and Principe, Mozambique, ivory coast, Mauritius,eritea and Zanzibar, Djibouti, last but not least eswatini even though aids and witch craft in that country is second to Edo plus their crazy King. But I like Malawi Sha
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 7:49pm On May 02, 2020
molbic:
Favorite countries in Africa are as follows:-rwanda, Kenya, Botswana, Malawi,comoros island, Madagascar,Sao tome and Principe, Mozambique, ivory coast, Mauritius,eritea and Zanzibar, Djibouti, last but not least eswatini even though aids and witch craft in that country is second to Edo plus their crazy King. But I like Malawi Sha

shocked shocked That's a QUARTER of the whole continent. grin grin
Eritrea is interesting - like the North Korea of Africa. lipsrsealed
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by chukxie(m): 5:40am On May 03, 2020
If I had my way I'd visit every country in Africa because our continent is endowed with mesmerizingly beautiful places.

2 Likes

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by WannaHowzit(m): 8:11pm On May 04, 2020
chukxie:
If I had my way I'd visit every country in Africa because our continent is endowed with mesmerizingly beautiful places.

Hope you get to. It's not impossible.

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by chukxie(m): 11:37pm On May 04, 2020
WannaHowzit:

Hope you get to. It's not impossible.

Thanks. All the best to you in your endeavours.

1 Like

Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Cousin9999: 2:57am On May 05, 2020
I would never visit arab-infested places like Egypt or Morocco. I would never visit cracker-infested south Africa.

Everywhere else is cool.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by EgunMogaji2: 5:41am On May 05, 2020
I'm intrigued by The Gambia to be honest and can't wait to explore what she offers. A close second of sorts is Madagascar.
Re: Which African Countries Interest You Most? by Hadampson(m): 11:28am On May 05, 2020
Cousin9999:
I would never visit arab-infested places like Egypt or Morocco. I would never visit cracker-infested south Africa.

Everywhere else is cool.

What about Somali and Sudan?!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Pls Where Can I Endorse My Documents / I Was At The Brazilian Independence Day Celebrations In Brasilia 2021(photos) / Do U Enjoy Flying?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.