Stats: 3,151,417 members, 7,812,229 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:22 AM

I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? (110017 Views)

My Net Caught This Beautiful Kingfisher At My Pond Today (Photo) / We Caught This Monitor Lizard And I Am Presently Keeping It As A Pet / A Mysterious Tortoise Appeared In Our Backyard Today. Advise Needed! (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by pezeji(m): 7:40pm On Apr 29, 2020
As a result of this lockdown, boredom became too much and I went fishing in a nearby water behind my building here in ago, Lagos State.

Fortunately I caught this little, innocent and shy animal.

It's my new pet

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by onward4life(m): 7:49pm On Apr 29, 2020
pezeji:
As a result of this lockdown, boredom became too much and I went fishing in a nearby water behind my building here in ago, Lagos State. fortunately I caught this little, innocent and shy animal.
It's my new pet

This wan nah "TOTU"

291 Likes 12 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by FanRong: 7:50pm On Apr 29, 2020

484 Likes 20 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by ifex370(m): 7:53pm On Apr 29, 2020
You can train him to become a ninja too

825 Likes 45 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by mankan2k7(m): 9:44pm On Apr 29, 2020
pepper soup loading

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by pezeji(m): 10:00pm On Apr 29, 2020
ifex370:
very funny indeed

138 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by pezeji(m): 10:01pm On Apr 29, 2020
FanRong:
Based on its habitat, its a turtle.

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by pezeji(m): 10:02pm On Apr 29, 2020
mankan2k7:
pepper soup loading
looks too innocent to be eaten

390 Likes 14 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Gracefulhope: 9:51am On Apr 30, 2020
Turtle

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by space9880: 6:31am On May 01, 2020
pezeji:
As a result of this lockdown, boredom became too much and I went fishing in a nearby water behind my building here in ago, Lagos State. fortunately I caught this little, innocent and shy animal.
It's my new pet
fresh water terrapin

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by SocialJustice: 9:55am On May 01, 2020
pezeji:
It's my new pet
That's a tortoise, turtles can't hide in their shell like this.

After thought
I did a little more research and differentiating turtles from tortoises is harder than merely looking at them. You have to know their names and what it looks like to actually say this is a turtle or tortoise.

My initial comment is a green turtle specific characteristic.

77 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by wunmi590(m): 2:00pm On May 01, 2020
Lalasticlala please this is front page worthy.

I need more information on this animal, because I'm planning to own one, one day

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Muyiwaipere(m): 2:41pm On May 01, 2020
Na still part of Lalastical reptile family ..no wonder e enter frontpage

Meanwhile
Should I say obee (soup)?
Should I say keep it?

But bro if you keep am then you are fortunate

Yeye boy don drink ogogoro sotey dem give an *CONFAM* wristband

Abeg who needs solar to power his or her house around Lagos Mowe at chikini money call or WhatsApp me
0 7 0 8 9 9 6 2470

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Nobody: 2:42pm On May 01, 2020
x
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Abaman001(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2020
We must not pick everything nature throws at us. Sometimes its very good to save some of these natures for a better future.... But u know black man with hunger virus all the time.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by ishowdotgmail(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2020
Na better soup be this oo.. No dull am
Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Kobicove(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2020
It's a turtle

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by TheFacelessMan: 2:42pm On May 01, 2020

That is a ....

I killed one on a safari at the Kruger National Park.

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by temmypotter(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2020
Guy, abeg o.

No go launch another covid19, use ya head o.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Nigeriabiafra80: 2:42pm On May 01, 2020
Shy animal like Buhari

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Khayceeofficial(m): 2:42pm On May 01, 2020
ifex370:

Werey grin grin grin

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by GhostPhoenix(m): 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
Tortoises are terrestrial.

Turtles are aquatic

You caught it close to a body of water so it is a turtle...

That isn't enough...

It has a smooth leather-like black shell so it is a turtle... Tortoises have rough mostly multicolored hard shells.

Please!!! Most species of turtles are endangered. You can make a difference by releasing this young animal back into the water. Please support conservation... You can research more about the status of turtles... Thanks

Do you need an article (Research, Proposal, News, Academic, etc) writer? Do send a mail to ero2writes@gmail.com. If you're TB and you need a B, contact as well... Thanks

129 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by ExAngel007(f): 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
Ninja Turtle I think

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by jaymejate: 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
Giant beetle

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Evilgenuis: 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
U don blow up... I heard the shell is full of goodies grin grin grin

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Khayceeofficial(m): 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
The meat dhe sweet die grin grin grin

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Yenefer(f): 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
Pls. Don't eat this beautiful creature, keep it as pet.

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by Menance: 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
Turtle ninja

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by LOVEGINO(m): 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
Mr n Mrs English. U guys re needed here.

Re: I Caught This In Lagos: Is This A Tortoise Or Turtle? by adisabarber(m): 2:43pm On May 01, 2020
pezeji:
As a result of this lockdown, boredom became too much and I went fishing in a nearby water behind my building here in ago, Lagos State.

Fortunately I caught this little, innocent and shy animal.

It's my new pet

Check the feet. Most turtles have webbed feet. Tortoises have feet like chicken, most turtles like duck.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Dog Lovers in Nigeria: introduce your pet dogs! / Idemili Python Visited My Site, This Year Will Be Great (Photos) / Snap And Upload Your Pet's Picture Here. Its That Simple