Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,431 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:27 PM

Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State (4841 Views)

Photos: Midnight Voting In Bayelsa (#bayelsadecides). / INEC Extends Voting In 300 Polling Units Out 150,000 / Senator Ndume Broke Down In Tears After Voting In Maiduguri (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by Kilode1: 7:27pm On Feb 17, 2011
fstranger3:

Have you had a change of mind since our discussion?

Onijongbon parau ni e walahi cheesy
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by fstranger3(m): 7:43pm On Feb 17, 2011
Kilode?!:

Onijongbon parau ni e walahi cheesy
hahaha

rara o

mo kan fe tiraka lati pari ise ti mo bere ni

okan sese so simi lokan pe omo yi dun ni and erm ibanuje nla loma je ti majesin ba to ju iya e r'orun alakeji. Omo na ko bad rara ni grin
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by Kilode1: 7:55pm On Feb 17, 2011
^ Ha! o paaro rara, emi ro pe iwo o s'akiyesi tele ni.

Sugbon omo yen fe jo omoluabi sha o, ko rora pelu e, ko ma lo sa fun e.

'Danwo lo bi iya okere! mura ti kia kia

eleyi ta n so Yoruba yii, ko ma lo ro pe illiterate ni wa sha o shocked cheesy
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by Tunmi(f): 11:13pm On Feb 17, 2011
Kilode?!:

^ Ha! o paaro rara, emi ro pe iwo o s'akiyesi tele ni.

Sugbon omo yen fe jo omoluabi sha o, ko rora pelu e, ko ma lo sa fun e.

'Danwo lo bi iya okere! mura ti kia kia

eleyi ta n so Yoruba yii, ko ma lo ro pe illiterate ni wa sha o shocked cheesy

Èyín méjèjì mán npa mí lèrín.
It's been a while since I've been up here.
The only thing I would change is that one does not need to be literate in English. That was where my argument went down. I still believe that literacy is a must when holding a position as a member of a political party.
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by fstranger3(m): 11:16pm On Feb 17, 2011
Tunmi:

The only thing I would change is that one does not need to be literate in English. That was where my argument went down. I still believe that literacy is a must when holding a position as a member of a political party.

So you speak Yoruba? or did you ask someone to translate?

Anyhow, how is school going?

Now, I agree with you 100%

Are you in NY really?
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by Kilode1: 11:34pm On Feb 17, 2011
Tunmi:

I agree. I'm so glad you understand Yoruba. Yio da fun o!

@Stranger, My job is now done. Alarena mi ti yeba!
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by fstranger3(m): 11:36pm On Feb 17, 2011
Kilode?!:

I agree. I'm so glad you understand Yoruba. Yio da fun o!

Who knew?

I dont think she wrote that herself though
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by Tunmi(f): 11:42pm On Feb 17, 2011
fstranger3:

So you speak Yoruba? or did you ask someone to translate?

Anyhow, how is school going?

Now, I agree with you 100%

Are you in NY really?
Yes, I speak Yoruba. I had to use the French language keyboard to get the "do-re-mi" accents. Yep, I wrote it myself. School's going well, I'm preparing for college now, well finalizing the financial aid process. I live in Maryland, not New York. But it's about a 4-hour drive. How about you? School/work?
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by fstranger3(m): 11:54pm On Feb 17, 2011
Tunmi:

Yes, I speak Yoruba. I had to use the French language keyboard to get the "do-re-mi" accents. Yep, I wrote it myself. School's going well, I'm preparing for college now, well finalizing the financial aid process. I live in Maryland, not New York. But it's about a 4-hour drive. How about you? School/work?

I am done with school! We thank God we thank God!

I actually live in jersey but have friends in MD.

Which school are you going to? Howard or College Park? grin

Financial aid, easy does it!
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by Tunmi(f): 12:00am On Feb 18, 2011
fstranger3:

I am done with school! We thank God we thank God!

I actually live in jersey but have friends in MD.

Which school are you going to? Howard or College Park? grin

Financial aid, easy does it!
Lucky you!!
I did not apply to Maryland schools. I plan to go to PG Community College and then transfer to College Park or somewhere else after 2 years. I applied to some schools but it all depends on how much they give me. Where did you go?
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by fstranger3(m): 12:07am On Feb 18, 2011
Tunmi:

Lucky you!!
I did not apply to Maryland schools. I plan to go to PG Community College and then transfer to College Park or somewhere else after 2 years. I applied to some schools but it all depends on how much they give me. Where did you go?

Lucky me? Think again. . . I work my arse off, phuck luck!
Anyway, I went to the most famous college in NJ. . . If you know the answer, hit me up on IM, below my screen name. I'd waiting for you. I dont want to derail the thread anymore, you can ask me whatever question you have on YIM. Lucky you, you have someone like me to ask questions, when I was applying, I had no one. Anyway, I will be glad to help you anyway I can.
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by ekubear1: 6:32am On Feb 18, 2011
Tunmi, sounds like a solid plan. Just make sure you plans things out well in advance so your credits transfer.
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by SEFAGO(m): 6:56am On Feb 18, 2011
wow concentrated yoruba

Anyway, I went to the most famous college in NJ.

Rutgers?

Lucky you, you have someone like me to ask questions, when I was applying, I had no one. Anyway, I will be glad to help you anyway I can.

Stop whining. Get over it grin

I have always wanted to post on this topic because I am actually interested in the efficacy of democracy in an environment where people do not understand the reasons and consequences of their votes. I was reading a couple of articles on this issue and it got me thinking about democracy or as my friend fela would say democrazy.
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by ekubear1: 7:02am On Feb 18, 2011
SEFAGO:

wow concentrated yoruba

Rutgers?

Stop whining. Get over it  grin

I have always wanted to post on this topic because I am actually interested in the efficacy of democracy in an environment where people do not understand the reasons and consequences of their votes. I was reading a couple of articles on this issue and it got me thinking about democracy or as my friend fela would say democrazy.
Isn't that. . . every democracy? I do agree that better-educated citizens make for overall a better society. But I don't think an inability to read implies less ability to understand political issues.
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by SEFAGO(m): 7:06am On Feb 18, 2011
Hmm depends then how do you get informed about what is happening or about the candidate. Illiteracy is just not the ability to read but you will likely be unable to understand the complexities of what the politician is selling you and if he or she is selling you garbage
Re: Illiterate Delegates Banned From Voting In Ondo State by ekubear1: 7:09am On Feb 18, 2011
SEFAGO:

Hmm depends then how do you get informed about what is happening or about the candidate. Illiteracy is just not the ability to read but you will likely be unable to understand the complexities of what the politician is selling you and if he or she is selling you garbage

95% of humans (no matter how educated. And I'm including myself in this 95%) do not fully understand the issues. Often they just clannishly and tribalistically vote dem/repub (for example).

The political activists who deeply research the issues do. But they are a small fraction of humanity.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Politics Of Meat Production: Where Do The Nigerian Goats, Sheep And Cattle Go? / Breaking! Police To Arrest And Prosecute Apc Lawmakers Who Jump Fence Today. / Northern Elders To IBB: Shut Up, You Are The Original Cause Of Our Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.