Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,121 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:35 AM

Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. (33896 Views)

Newborn Baby Says "Allah" Instead Of Crying (Video) / Can I Be Waliyy (saint) Because My Dad Is Waliyy ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by T4taiwo(m): 9:33pm On Apr 30, 2020
Salaam alaikum, my dad just passed away recently, and I often see him in my dream crying profusely.

I am really scared. Is there any Islamic interpretation to this?

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by smallrincowis16(m): 10:25pm On Apr 30, 2020
pls ask scholars not people here

32 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by smallrincowis16(m): 10:26pm On Apr 30, 2020
Yoruba people will interpret it to mean _, you should do sadaqa for him

24 Likes

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by T4taiwo(m): 9:36am On May 01, 2020
smallrincowis16:
pls ask scholars not people here
we have many scholars here

39 Likes

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by smallrincowis16(m): 11:47am On May 01, 2020
T4taiwo:
we have many scholars here

you mean it?. it is better not here, I know what I am saying

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by Rilwayne001: 12:29pm On May 01, 2020
T4taiwo:
salaam alaikum, my dad just passed away recently, and I often see him in my dream crying profusely, I am really scare, is there any Islamic interpretation to this.

Wow, really sorry for your loss brother. May Allah grant him eternal rest.

@ Empiree, Albaqir, and Lanrexlan do you guys have any say on this topic?

In my own ignorant opinion I think nothing is attached. It's just as a result of the bond between you two when he was alive. Even if you were not close with him when he was alive, the basic idea that he was your dad is enough bondness on its own, and the brain will always find a way to bring his picture to your dream over a course of particular time before it stops coming again.

I think seeing a loved one in a dream is more easier if one dreams a lot and tends to remember when one's awake, plus also the kind of attention and your believe on dreams.

I remember as a kid in about 11 years when I lost my grandma. I see her in my dreams almost every night. She's always always coming back from a journey looking beautiful. And everyone in the house would be joyous and telling her how much they miss her and all. For close to 5 years straight after her death, I see her in my dreams intermittently.

The there's a younger cousin of mine that died about 4years after my grandma. We weren't that close but I know him quite well. But once, I saw him crying profusely in my dream. I tried calling him but my voice would not come out in the dream. He crossed a large express road so easily that I marveled on how he did it. I couldn't cross the road because the road was too busy in the dream. He looked back at me one final time with tears full in his eyes, at that point in time I was horribly scared that my heart was pumping hard when I woke up. I had no body to interpret the dream to me but I think it was logical enough.

In essence back then, I used to dream a lot too. But I guess in the course of time, I abandoned some beliefs, especially the ones that has to give some sort Of spiritual meanings to dream. I'm not sure if there's any spirituality attached to dreams or maybe the brain is just collaging some pictures in our memories and playing tricks on us, because I got to know how powerful and deceptive our brains can be atimes. Ever since I abandoned spirituality of meanings to dream, I hardly have any sorts of dream. I do dream but I hardly pay attention to them, hence I don't even remember whenever I have one. The horror ones stopped coming too.

Nevertheless I'm open to learning.

Cc: lalasticalala, Seun

127 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by AlBaqir(m): 1:34pm On May 01, 2020
Rilwayne001:

In my own ignorant I think nothing is attached. It's just as a result of the bond between you two when he was alive. Even if you were not close with him when he was alive, the basic idea that he was your dad is enough bondness on its own, and the brain will always find a way to bring his picture to your dream over a course of particular time before it stops coming again.

I think seeing a loved one in a dream is more easier if one dreams a lot and tends to remember when one's awake, plus also the kind of attention and your believe on dreams.

I remember as a kid in about 11 years when I lost my grandma. I see her in my dreams almost every night. She's always always coming back from a journey looking beautiful. And everyone in the house would be joyous and telling her how much they miss her and all. For close to 5 years straight after her death, I see her in my dreams intermittently.

The there's a younger cousin of mine that died about 4years after my grandma. We weren't that close but I know him quite well. But once, I saw him crying profusely in my dream. I tried calling him but my voice would not come out in the dream. He crossed a large express road so easily that I marveled on how he did it. I couldn't cross the road because the road was too busy in the dream. He looked back at me one final time with tears full in his eyes, at that point in time I was horribly scared that my heart was pumping hard when I woke up. I had no body to interpret the dream to me but I think it was logical enough.

In essence back then, I used to dream a lot too. But I guess in the course of time, I abandoned some beliefs, especially the ones that has to give some sort Of spiritual meanings to dream. I'm not sure if there's any spirituality attached to dreams or maybe the brain is just collaging some pictures in our memories and playing tricks on us, because I got to know how powerful and deceptive our brains can be atimes. Ever since I abandoned spirituality of meanings to dream, I hardly have any sorts of dream. I do dream but I hardly pay attention to them, hence I don't even remember whenever I have one. The horror ones stopped coming too.

Cc: lal.asticalala, S.eun

Dear brother,

First, Ramadan Mubarak to you. Hope you are doing well by His grace.

Second, dreams is part of human experiences so trying to "run away" or "take it lightly" is running away from reality.

Third, both western thinkers and religious thinkers have written a lot about dreams. Some give it meaning while some disregard it.

Fourth, Islam has its own viewpoints on dreams.

It is very interesting the way some scientists - psychologists have tried to describe dreams as a state of mind, an accumulated mental pictures that is not real. That is obviously a part of dreams. Obviously there are also clear and truthful dreams. How would you know a true dream from false or imaginary dreams?

True dreams are not as a result of mental reactions or state of mind. Human is of two entities - body which is composed of matter and soul which is immaterial (mujarad). Material body is an obstacle to soul's flourishment and development. Some people even denied the existence of soul but there are unique arguments to prove it's existence as far as philosophy is concern. Till date, the hardest problem in neuroscience is Subjective Consciousness. Scientists have no explanation for It.

It is this immaterial soul that undergo "dreams" seeing things in metaphysical world, a world beyond time and space. Therefore, the ability to see happenings before it even happens, etc.

In short, if you see your dead ones in a bad state, Islamic prescription is to perform dua and give sadaqat on their behalf. It goes as thawab (rewards) to them and alleviate their position.

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by Rilwayne001: 2:20pm On May 01, 2020
AlBaqir:

Dear brother,

Second, dreams is part of human experiences so trying to "run away" or "take it lightly" is running away from reality.

Third, both western thinkers and religious thinkers have written a lot about dreams. Some give it meaning while some disregard it.

It is very interesting the way some scientists - psychologists have tried to describe dreams as a state of mind, an accumulated mental pictures that is not real. That is obviously a part of dreams. Obviously there are also clear and truthful dreams. How would you know a true dream from false or imaginary dreams?

True dreams are not as a result of mental reactions or state of mind. Human is of two entities - body which is composed of matter and soul which is immaterial (mujarad). Material body is an obstacle to soul's flourishment and development. Some people even denied the existence of soul but there are unique arguments to prove it's existence as far as philosophy is concern. Till date, the hardest problem in neuroscience is Subjective Consciousness. Scientists have no explanation for It.

It is this immaterial soul that undergo "dreams" seeing things in metaphysical world, a world beyond time and space. Therefore, the ability to see happenings before it even happens, etc.

Thank you.

In short, if you see your dead ones in a bad state, Islamic prescription is to perform dua and give sadaqat on their behalf. It goes as thawab (rewards) to them and alleviate their position.

T4taiwo

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by Empiree: 2:47pm On May 01, 2020
AlBaqir:

This is it

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by T4taiwo(m): 3:11pm On May 01, 2020
Rilwayne001:

In my own ignorant opinion I think nothing is attached. It's just as a result of the bond between you two when he was alive. Even if you were not close with him when he was alive, the basic idea that he was your dad is enough bondness on its own, and the brain will always find a way to bring his picture to your dream over a course of particular time before it stops coming again.

Cc: lalasticalala, Seun

thank you my brother, may Allah swa grant him and all the departed muslim souls Aljanat fridaus.

Beautiful and well articulated advice, thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by keentola(m): 9:52am On May 08, 2020
then you need therapy...

2 Likes

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by ekundaxton: 9:52am On May 08, 2020
this is sad
Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by Sufisunni: 9:55am On May 08, 2020
T4taiwo:
Salaam alaikum, my dad just passed away recently, and I often see him in my dream crying profusely.

May his soul rest in perfect peace
Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by IlovePMB: 9:56am On May 08, 2020
Go and take Arthesunate.

4 tablets in one day. Then followed by 2 tablets daily for 5 days.

35 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by SWORD419(m): 9:56am On May 08, 2020
He's in need of your prayers

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by SWORD419(m): 9:57am On May 08, 2020
Pray for him

2 Likes

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by Quality20(m): 9:57am On May 08, 2020
Its for u to pray

2 Likes

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by jaksmillioniar: 9:58am On May 08, 2020
I think ur dad is facing pains in hell

46 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by IlovePMB: 9:59am On May 08, 2020
Collegenews:
In my opinion, your dad has come to the realization of hell and the true way to salvation. He is crying to you because he made wrong choices.
Don't make the same mistake he made, give your life to Christ.

Na wa o. I think say you believe in Allah and Mohammed.

3 Likes

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by oluwaseyi0: 10:02am On May 08, 2020
When he probably saw the life you are living he can't help but weep

23 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by betterman22(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by overseer1(m): 10:02am On May 08, 2020
Hard luck for the loss!

However you should as a matter of Islamic instructions and best practices, intensify your supplications for him. Afterwards, irrespective of the dream think good of him and be hopeful that Allah Subhanahu Wata Allah will have mercy on him.

My thought though

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by Alberta123: 10:03am On May 08, 2020
Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by Kiddllc: 10:03am On May 08, 2020
T4taiwo:

Whatever it is its not good
Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by yemkoguru(m): 10:05am On May 08, 2020
Organize special prayers for him always and do sadaqat for him like 2wce in a year... it's good he's showing you his current state inside other realm and that should put his soul in perfect peace.
lost my dad too many years back and I know how this is
Sorry for your loss

9 Likes

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by mamapidgin: 10:05am On May 08, 2020
ok
Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by Alberta123: 10:06am On May 08, 2020
Macro231101:
He is in Hell Fire ..since he refused to accept Jesus as his lord and personal Savior

Stop disgracing your generation.

Who are you to judge who's going to hell or not.

This is the reason why seun imposed a Muslim oath before posting in this section.

You guys just don't know when to limit your craziness.

74 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Dreaming About My Late Dad Crying. by chizpim(m): 10:08am On May 08, 2020
AlBaqir:

Dear brother,

Your father is in hell fire �

10 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Challenges Of Igbo Muslims / If You Converted To Islam From A Christian Family. Share Your Experience / 10 Years After Burial, Imam Sheez Adeyemi's Body Remains Fresh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.