Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,398 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? (70617 Views)

How Do I Make Guys Lose Interest In Me / Why do Guys Lose Interest In A Lady After They Have Slept With Her / Why do gay guys lose sensitivity in their anus after anal sex but women Don't ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:07pm On May 01, 2020
I have noticed men especially African men loose interest when a lady becomes interested in them even just a bit. I really don’t get it.

Do men expect women to hate them even when the men love the women? Cos I don’t understand if it should be mutual or not

Your views please

113 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by ibksiv(m): 1:09pm On May 01, 2020
Ionknow!
I had such an experience where a female friend of mine, shocked my azz by telling she loves me. At first it didn't cause any change of my attitude towards her, but after while, I began to see involuntary indifference all over my attitude towards her. I believe it is just a matter of feelings. She has feelings for a guy but he doesn't have, so that while she expects the guy to behave towards her according to her feelings, she gets disappointed when he doesn't therefore appearing as though the guy is losing interest or has lost interest.

249 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Renida: 1:10pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
I have noticed men especially African men loose interest when a lady becomes interested in them even just a bit.I really don’t get it.

Do men expect women to hate them even when the men love the women? Cos I don’t understand if it should be mutual or not

Your views please

I'll stay here to read comments. At times when the guy pursues and purses and purses, it's oftentimes when the other party picks interest, his begin to dry up

228 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Dobson43: 1:10pm On May 01, 2020
undecided

Let me tell you the parable of the lost sheep.
A shepherd once lost a sheep. He left the other 99sheep in search of that one lost sheep. He searched every nooks and crannies till he found what he was looking for.

Moral of the story: you don't search for what you have.

294 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 01, 2020
Cant relate dunno who you have been dating. These days people Bleep on the same day they meet or first date. You con dey expect man to chase u for long. Who u Who born you How do you exist

383 Likes 34 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:16pm On May 01, 2020
No the guy hasn’t even chased and chased , he just started and is doing shakara because the woman acts interested. I really don’t understand if men expect women to chase them.

Won’t he kill his ego?
Renida:

I'll stay here to read comments. At times when the guy pursues and purses and purses, it's oftentimes when the other party picks interest, his begin to dry up

8 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:17pm On May 01, 2020
Explain
Dobson43:
undecided

Let me tell you the parable of the lost sheep.
A shepherd once lost a sheep. He left the other 99sheep in search of that one lost sheep. He searched every nooks and crannies till he found what he was looking for.

Moral of the story: you don't search for what you have.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Dreiwizzy: 1:18pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
I have noticed men especially African men loose interest when a lady becomes interested in them even just a bit.I really don’t get it.

Your views please
Tell us your experience

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:21pm On May 01, 2020
Okay. There’s thing guy I met one time last year. So he came up bold and said he was interested in a relationship. He didn’t even waste time. I was impressed . Normally I was supposed to dish out my “naija shakara girls style” you know, but I didn’t . After some days I agreed to date him.

I found out he’s easy going so I decided to give in and be mutual with the love and attraction etc. as soon as I got interested, he withdrew.

I noticed it . I don’t understand why a man will do this. Was he not interested? And does he expect the woman to hate him.

I see some men complain about ladies being hard to get and now a lady didn’t play that much hard yet the man withdrew a bit. Still don’t get men sometimes sha

Dreiwizzy:
Tell us your experience

193 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by ibksiv(m): 1:21pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:

No the guy hasn’t even chased and chased , he just started and is doing shakara because the woman acts interested. I really don’t understand if men expect women to chase them.

Won’t he kill his ego?

We don't expect you to chase us. The same way some girls do shakara for guys wooing them, the same way some guys do shakara for girls interested in them. So it is a two way traffic. But I don't do shakara sha!

161 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Renida: 1:22pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:

Won’t he kill his ego?

I feel sorry if such is the scenario. People lose interest once their person of interest for so many reasons. One of this which I think is the case here is psychological posturing. What this means is some people are used to working extremely hard aka hustling for things. Their entire life rests on a perspective that what they must have, they must work for, unfortunately some of this whole way of thinking affects even not working aspects of their lives. So in relationships for example, this kinds want to toast toast, chase and beg the woman, but if it doesn't follow this narrative and the lady makes asking her out easy, it poses no challenge and isn't mentally tasking. This makes them see lesser value however good such a partner maybe.

I believe the narrative above is the scenarios playing out here. It happens with women also. When people in this category don't suffer for a thing, their brain tricks them to assume it's worth lesser. It's purely psychological

210 Likes 21 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:23pm On May 01, 2020
This is a different scenario.cos here you’re saying the girl made the move.

I’m actually saying that In my case the man made the move

ibksiv:
Ionknow!
I had such an experience where a female friend of mine, shocked my azz by telling she loves me. At first it didn't cause any change of my attitude towards her, but after while, I began to see involuntary indifference all over my attitude towards her. I believe it is just a matter of feelings. She has feelings for a guy but he doesn't have, so that while she expects the guy to behave towards her according to her feelings, she gets disappointed when he doesn't therefore appearing as though the guy is losing interest or has lost interest.

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Johnson225(m): 1:24pm On May 01, 2020
Get a standard America table tennis court to keep busy during this lockdown. Delivery within and outside Lagos. Whatssap:

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:25pm On May 01, 2020
Oh ! I get you now. So you’re saying Nigerian men really want ladies to play the hard to get very hard then. So why are they complaining. Well then I’ll keep playing it hard as usual since they think it was bread and butter they got in a platter of gold

Renida:

I feel sorry if such is the scenario. People lose interest once their person of interest for so many reasons. One of this which I think is the case here is psychological posturing. What this means is some people are used to working extremely hard aka hustling for things. Their entire life rests on a perspective that what they must have, they must work for, unfortunately some of this whole way of thinking affects even not working aspects of their lives. So in relationships for example, this kinds want to toast toast, chase and beg the woman, but if it doesn't follow this narrative and the lady makes asking her out easy, it poses no challenge and isn't mentally tasking. This makes them see lesser value however good such a partner maybe.

I believe the narrative above is the scenarios playing out here

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Renida: 1:28pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
Oh ! I get you now. So you’re saying Nigerian men really want ladies to play the hard to get very hard then. So why are they complaining. Well then I’ll keep playing it hard as usual since they think it was bread and butter they got in a platter of gold

I didn't say Nigerian men. I simply wrote about some persons, male and female, humans in general. It's psychological immaturity. Don't let their immaturity lead you to form new unhealthy habits. If you like the person, keep them far, and watch them beg for your attention as they outgrow their mental posturing. For now, go for where you're worshipped, not where you're tolerated

As for me, I don't want a lady I have interest in making it hard, at my age, level of maturity, five minutes is what I want to bear chasing anyone. Nothing more. In fact, I rather be chased

230 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Dreiwizzy: 1:31pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
Okay. There’s thing guy I met one time last year. So he came up bold and said he was interested in a relationship. He didn’t even waste time. I was impressed . Normally I was supposed to dish out my “naija shakara girls style” you know, but I didn’t . After some days I agreed to date him.

I found out he’s easy going so I decided to give in and be mutual with the love and attraction etc. as soon as I got interested, he withdrew.

I noticed it . I don’t understand why a man will do this. Was he not interested? And does he expect the woman to hate him.

I see some men complain about ladies being hard to get and now a lady didn’t play that much hard yet the man withdrew a bit. Still don’t get men sometimes sha

Force him to miss you; start conversating with him as if he's still seeking for your contact. It will hurt, but continue; this singular act will bring out his real intention towards you. Let nobody waste your time.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:32pm On May 01, 2020
Lol
I love that line” be where you’re worshipped not where you’re tolerated .

So you love to be chased huh

I see

Renida:

I didn't say Nigerian men. I simply wrote about some persons, male and female, humans in general. It's psychological immaturity. Don't let their immaturity lead you to form new unhealthy habits. If you like the person, keep them far, and watch them beg for your attention as they outgrow their mental posturing. For now, go for where you're worshipped, not where you're tolerated

As for me, I don't want a lady I have interest in making it hard, at my age, level of maturity, five minutes is what I want to bear chasing anyone. Nothing more. In fact, I rather be chased

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:33pm On May 01, 2020
Exactly
Dreiwizzy:
Force him to miss you; start conversating with him as if he's still seeking for your contact. It will hurt, but continue; this singular act will bring out his real intention towards you. Let nobody waste your time.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by frankkydee(m): 1:34pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:

Your views please

That may be becos they sensed that the reason for you getting interested in them is for your personal benefits and not for a mutual benefits

60 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:36pm On May 01, 2020
Wrong impression
frankkydee:

That may be becos they sensed that the reason for you getting interested in them is for your personal benefits and not for a mutual benefits

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Lightangel65: 1:38pm On May 01, 2020
frankkydee:

Exactly hit the spot

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Jflex07(m): 1:39pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:

Do not accept what that guy is saying, for me I easily lose interest once a girl plays hard to get.Individual cases differ my dear

108 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Dobson43: 1:40pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:

Explain

My dear, the hunter does not chase after a prey he has caught

20 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Renida: 1:41pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
Lol
I love that line” be where you’re worshipped not where you’re tolerated .

So you love to be chased huh

I see

I love not to be stressed. Chasing is stressing and oftentimes make one begin to question oneself and experience constant self doubt, I don't want to be in this position. If I like a lady, I'm ready as a guy to work with her pace, but then, a guy chases, today lady's head is on her shoulder, the next day is not. Instability and heart issues is a mixture many men hate to deal with. In the end, we must be ready to deal with some drama in issues that affects the heart.

Oh I'm yet to see a lady I really really like since I was created

40 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by xrayj(m): 1:41pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:

Your views please
It apply to both genders, if u show interest in someone that does not like u, it won't change what they feel towards u. But when u show interest in someone who likes u, he will naturally reciprocate. U ladies feel once u show interest in any man, he should reciprocate, because u are a lady, it doesn't work like that. A man also need to feel something for u.

111 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:42pm On May 01, 2020
So men stop becoming sweet when they get their woman ��

Nawa o

Dobson43:

My dear, the hunter does not chase after a prey he has caught

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by thesicilian: 1:43pm On May 01, 2020
The pleasure is in the chase.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Dobson43: 1:44pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:
So men stop becoming sweet when they get their woman ��

Nawa o

It's sad

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Nobody: 1:48pm On May 01, 2020
The average Nigerian man suffers from an extremely weak self esteem that needs to stay constantly bloated to stay functional.
That's why they chase after ladies who treat them like shi.t and avoid ladies who show them love. The hunt makes them happy. The thrill of having to constantly woo a woman makes them feel good. Makes them feel she is better than the one who shows love even without being wooed..even if the former is a retired runs girl.

60 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by piamily(f): 1:48pm On May 01, 2020
Why?

Are you attracted to guys?
Renida:

I love not to be stressed. Chasing is stressing and oftentimes Lexmark one to question oneself and experience constant self doubt, I don't want to be in this position. If I like a lady, I'm ready as a guy to work with her pace, but then, a guy chases, today lady's head is on her shoulder, the next day is not. Instability and heart issues is a mixture many men hate to deal with. In the end, we must be ready to deal with some drama in issues that affects the heart.

Oh I'm yet to see a lady I really really like since I was created

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by frankkydee(m): 1:51pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:

Wrong impression

How wrong could it be? Though as for me, I don't take any lady that shows interest in me for granted, I was just talking from the experience I had with some of my male friends

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Guys Lose Interest When A Lady Acts Interested In Them? by Renida: 1:51pm On May 01, 2020
piamily:

Why?

Are you attracted to guys?

Nah. Attraction and soul interest are two different issues. Anyone can be attracted to persons, but then your person of interest may not be available or may not want to be in a relationship for reasons like ethnicity, attraction is first, in loving relationships people develop an extensive list that's almost many times designed to keep them single, not help them find love, another mental imbalance issue in the psyche of a lovers interest

I'd rather be working on my combustion engines blueprint, factory manual review, conducting improvements in my engineering systems designs, unravelling nuclear chemistry complexities, thermodynamics and redesigning engineering modules for my future tech innovations, solving mysteries in quantum physics, writing scientific papers than let love exhaust me now. Love drains. I'd rather be willing to forfeit my ego and be chased at this moment. grin

56 Likes 6 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Reasons Why Ladies Send Unclad Pictures / Man Returns Home To Meet His Friend In Boxers With Only His Girlfriend Around / Uju Anya Gets Engaged To Her Lesbian Partner

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.