Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,920 members, 7,810,532 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:41 AM

. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / . (1131 Views)

My Fellow Married Women And Mothers, How Do You Deal With A Husband Like Mine? / Married Men, Please What Exactly Are You Enjoying In Your Marriage? / Early marriage advantages {for Women And Men} Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 02, 2020
Re: . by chocolatemom(f): 4:11pm On May 02, 2020
I got married at the age of 21 and have spent over 10 years in marriage and to be honest I have no regrets for marrying early.Everything was not rosy all through but I will say that I'm lucky and that God gave me my own husband.
My advice to the younger ladies who may wish to opt for early marriage is to first of all ensure that they are ready to get married and stay married,then they seek for God's approval in prayer and lastly look well before they leap because all that glitters are not gold.

5 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 02, 2020
Haha... Edit your topic, best tell us your plans by rewriting your write ups, and you get mind blowing ideas and strategies served as meals to heal your phobia and confused mind.
Re: . by Ghostrye: 4:15pm On May 02, 2020
all the married peeps come hia o
Re: . by Donald3d(m): 4:38pm On May 02, 2020
This would be interesting cool
Re: . by Nobody: 5:05pm On May 02, 2020
chocolatemom:
I got married at the age of 21 and have spent over 10 years in marriage and to be honest I have no regrets for marrying early.Everything was not rosy all through but I will say that I'm lucky and that God gave me my own husband.
My advice to the younger ladies who may wish to opt for early marriage is to first of all ensure that they are ready to get married and stay married,then they seek for God's approval in prayer and lastly look well before they leap because all that glitters are not gold.
Good one, can you share the age gap between you and your husband if you don't mind.Thanks
Re: . by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 02, 2020
Rozz:
It is said that a young mind is easier to adaptability and sustenance but as the mind grows old it tends to become habituated to firmness in the decision making process, thus leaving far less possibilities for the couples to compromise on situations.For women,an early marriage is safer in terms of pregnancy.However there are also disadvantages of early marriage for ladies like:responsibility has to be shouldered at a very young age,missing out on the fun of teenage life and being young,health also can get affected as early pregnancy can have a negative impact on overall health and so on.For the married women here who quite married early and still sustaining the marriage,how was the journey like? any regrets?what would you have done differently?what advice would you give a young lady within the age bracket of(17-21) who wishes to get married early as soon as the opportunity present itself?For the married men who married a very young lady,how was the experience with your young wives? bukatyne maximus69 you are welcomed.
Early marriage is good,but it has it's own challenges,one party especially the man has to be matured.If you are indirectly considering it(from your write-up),then think towards marrying a very matured man and not your young fellow counterpart so as to maintain a balance in the home front.

2 Likes

Re: . by bukatyne(f): 9:34pm On May 02, 2020
Rozz:
It is said that a young mind is easier to adaptability and sustenance but as the mind grows old it tends to become habituated to firmness in the decision making process, thus leaving far less possibilities for the couples to compromise on situations.For women,an early marriage is safer in terms of pregnancy.However there are also disadvantages of early marriage for ladies like:responsibility has to be shouldered at a very young age,missing out on the fun of teenage life and being young,health also can get affected as early pregnancy can have a negative impact on overall health and so on.For the married women here who quite married early and still sustaining the marriage,how was the journey like? any regrets?what would you have done differently?what advice would you give a young lady within the age bracket of(17-21) who wishes to get married early as soon as the opportunity present itself?For the married men who married a very young lady,how was the experience with your young wives? bukatyne maximus69 you are welcomed.

Good evening Rozz,

I am a huge fan of earlier marriages.

Like you rightly said, it makes compromising easier as the person is not a 'dry fish' especially in terms to bad habits.

To get married earlier is a process. It is a deliberate action:

1. Really know yourself and by extension the kind of man/home you want.

2. This means you do not have the time for juvenile delinquencies however focused on your studies (I am assuming university), proper presentation, etc. etc.

3. Because you place a premium on yourself and know what you want to do with your life, a lot of guys would naturally NOT measure up to you. Politely say no. Household wickedness is real; you do not want a guy you were rude do something harmful to you. I am a prevention is better than cure person.

4. When you choose him, shine your eyes. You see a red flag, address asap. Too many red flags, japa. Read Ubunjaa's threads to know the kind of men to avoid. Also lay off sex too soon or at all. You want a clear mind and soul/body not invested in sex to make decisions.

5. Watch for his thoughfulness and reachability. You want a man who can admit mistakes and correct them. It means you also have to be teachable to him.

6. Check out his vision/ambition. He must have a vision, something driving him to succeed and you must be ready to support that vision. If you can't support his vision, he might not be the one for you.

7. Check out he treats people around him. It is a pointer.

8. How to sustain the marriage: by continuous building. My husband and I have what we call review sessions where we discuss anything and everything such as goals for marriage, family, career and spiritual , things we have stopped doing and started doing, areas of improvement, projects for the house, financial trends etc. etc.

My threads 'Sisi MI before you say that Bobo is boring'

And 'Does he worth you'

Are good reads for you.

Cc: Alexaonfleek.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Good evening Rozz,

Like you rightly said, it makes compromising easier as the person is not a 'dry fish' especially in terms to bad habits.

2. This means you do not have the time for juvenile delinquencies however focused on your studies (I am assuming university), proper presentation, etc. etc.

3. Because you place a premium on yourself and know what you want to do with your life, a lot of guys would naturally NOT measure up to you. Politely say no. Household wickedness is real; you do not want a guy you were rude do something harmful to you. I am a prevention is better than cure person.

4. When you choose him, shine your eyes. You see a red flag, address asap. Too many red flags, japa. Read Ubunjaa's threads to know the kind of men to avoid. Also lay off sex too soon or at all. You want a clear mind and soul/body not invested in sex to make decisions.

5. Watch for his thoughfulness and reachability. You want a man who can admit mistakes and correct them. It means you also have to be teachable to him.

6. Check out his vision/ambition. He must have a vision, something driving him to succeed and you must be ready to support that vision. If you can't support his vision, he might not be the one for you.

My thread 'Sisi MI before you say that Bobo is boring'

And 'Does he worth you'

Are good reads for you.

Bullshît

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:40pm On May 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Good evening Rozz,

7. Check out he treats people around him. It is a pointe
My thread 'Sisi MI before you say that Bobo is boring'

And 'Does he worth you'

Are good reads for you.

wao,i give it to you,you are reachly blessed with wisdom.Whats ubunjaas thread? where can i find it.Thanks ma
Re: . by bukatyne(f): 9:45pm On May 02, 2020
Rozz:
wao,i give it to you,you are reachly blessed with wisdom.Whats ubunjaas thread? where can i find it.Thanks ma

Thanks.

Check his profile or 'miseducations'

I have updated the post you quoted. I dealt a bit after marriage.
Re: . by Nobody: 9:45pm On May 02, 2020
Plead:

Bullshît
how is all this beautiful analysis bullshit?
Re: . by Nobody: 9:46pm On May 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Thanks.

Check his profile or 'miseducations'

I have updated the post you quoted. I dealt a bit after marriage.
ok thanks alot
Re: . by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 9:51pm On May 02, 2020
Hmm.

Let me wait for experienced people wearing the shoe to come and share smiley

Personally for me though I don't like early marriages or advice anyone to go into it if that person is not financially,emotionally and mentally okay to deal with what may come with marriage why the rush?
Anything below 24-25 is a no no for me from above is better

Anyway to each his own.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: . by Nobody: 9:56pm On May 02, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hmm.

Personally for me though I don't like early marriages or advice anyone to go into it if that person is not financially,emotionally and mentally okay to deal with what may come with marriage why the rush?

Anyway to each his own.

Exactly my love.

Anybody who’s not mentally,emotionally and financially stable isn’t fit to get married.

4 Likes

Re: . by Alexaonfleek: 10:00pm On May 02, 2020
bukatyne:

Good evening Rozz,

8. How to sustain the marriage: by continuous building. My husband and I have what we call review sessions where we discuss anything and everything such as goals for marriage, family, career and spiritual , things we have stopped doing and started doing, areas of improvement, projects for the house, financial trends etc. etc.

My threads 'Sisi MI before you say that Bobo is boring'

And 'Does he worth you'

Are good reads for you.

Thanks for mentioning me bukatyne smiley.
For the points you listed,it makes a lot of sense.
Tho it won't be easy spotting all these signs in the guy at first,cuz one might be carried away with the initial gragra in relationship.
But a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do. smiley

1 Like

Re: . by Hathor5(f): 10:00pm On May 02, 2020
Everything in life has its pros and cons. I can't advise any unknown young lady because they are not all the same. What works for A, might not work for B. Life would be boring if we all chose to think and live alike.

2 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 10:00pm On May 02, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hmm.

Anyway to each his own.
what if the person is financially,emotionally and mentally OK to deal with whatever may come but still below your specified age range,im interested in knowing why you don't and wouldn't advise early marriage,please share
Re: . by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:17pm On May 02, 2020
Rozz:
what if the person is financially,emotionally and mentally OK to deal with whatever may come but still below your specified age range,im interested in knowing why you don't and wouldn't advise early marriage,please share
In this economy to be financially okay below 24 is not easy but possible depending on what your wants and needs are and how you live your life or type of person when it comes to money.

Emotions and mental health come in different packages there may be something one can handle at a time but some of the challenges that may come with marriage you may just be suprised that that person may not be fit to handle such at that moment even though they may be mentally okay but if they are fine and they can take on the responsibilities and changes that may come fine.

As for my personal opinion even if I am mentally,emotionally and financially okay before 24.I would still not get married instead I will take that opportunity to invest in other short term goals further because when marriage comes the things may change.Because when married for some people your time,responsibilities may change you may be put under pressure so early that you may get fed up with.I will rather use that time to invest in myself in different areas and have something to fall back on if it doesn't work I don't support it because one may not have time to develop themselves anymore but may be pressured with kids,other new responsibilities and no longer have time for themselves.They could feel stressed up and bored and may begin to feel unfulfilled wishing had they known earlier they would have had more time for themselves.

For me marriage is not everything there is no need to rush sometimes you may just get bored and tired of the whole thing and start feeling that you are lacking in other areas of your life.You can do other short term goals on your bucket list that has not been done before you take in the new cycle of having a family and the pressure of parenting and being a good spouse

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: . by Acme45: 10:32pm On May 02, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hmm.

Anyway to each his own.
be careful what you think of yourself , Let God decide not your will

1 Like 1 Share

Re: . by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:38pm On May 02, 2020
Acme45:
be careful what you think of yourself , Let God decide not your will
There is no will to decide.
Below 24 it is not happening.
It has been decided already cheesy

5 Likes

Re: . by Acme45: 10:39pm On May 02, 2020
Ladyhippolyta88:
Hmm.

Anyway to each his own.
funny enough you girls are not ready for marriage yet but a lot of girls within the age of 16 - 25 out there are fucking up and down even with married men.

2 Likes

Re: . by Ladyhippolyta88(f): 10:44pm On May 02, 2020
Acme45:
funny enough you girls are not ready for marriage yet but a lot of girls within the age of 16 - 25 out there are fucking up and down even with married men.
Fvcking and marrying nor be the same thing.
Anyway na their problem nor be my own.

4 Likes

Re: . by Nobody: 11:03pm On May 02, 2020
Acme45:

How does this relate with what she said?
Use your head

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

A Pregnant Lady Seen Slapping And Beating Her Boyfriend With Belt For Cheating / Americans Outraged At Video Of Girl Attacking Her Elderly Mother At Walmart / He Needs Ur Advice!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.