Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,257 members, 7,836,182 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:17 PM

Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities (13617 Views)

What Happens To Those Who Hold On Tightly To Sin Instead Of Letting Go (picture) / Pastor Adeboye: If You Are Afraid Of Death At 70, Check Your Salvation / If You Believe You Can Lose Your Salvation, Then You Have Called God A Liar (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Nobody: 5:39pm On May 03, 2020
babadee1:

You can't do it. Only God can do it in you.
Thank you.
you are indeed correct.

Philippians 2:12
Wherefore, my beloved, as ye have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

We work out what God has worked inside of us.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Nobody: 5:42pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Temysteve(m): 6:02pm On May 03, 2020
davidinchrist:
Truly, followers of Jesus are not exactly perfect and can't be perfect on earth like Jesus till His second coming; however, we have been called to Repent of KNOWN SINS and PRESS UNTO PERFECTION in Jesus.

It's about time we stopped believing that doing good: going to church regularly (as a member/worker/pastor, etc), paying tithes and offerings, helping people or being nice, planting churches and other good works are signs of being born-again or saved. We can't possibly bribe our way into God's kingdom by doing Good Works which are as good as Filthy Rags in God's sight.

Jesus said A Person must be Born Again to enter God's kingdom.

Now, to be born again means to TURN AWAY FROM SINS AND WORLDLINESS (starting from conscious areas, then later to unconscious areas of sins: from the known to the unknown sins). Hebrew chap. 6, Roman chap 7 & 8

Unfortunately, most Evangelists, Pastors, and Churches in general only end up making "Branded Church-Members," NOT necessarily Converted members (disciples), but people of like-minded that would faithfully pay their FIRST FRUITS, TITHES AND OFFERINGS, ETC. That prompts the question on whether they themselves are saved or NOT: the chances are that they ARE NOT, OR ONCE WERE, BUT NOW "FALLEN AWAY".

Are you truly SAVED?

Are you judging yourself; Repenting and PRESSING ONTO PERFECTION?

OR you're still a victim of Money seeking: Corrupt and Greedy Preachers?

It's TIME to Repent of Empty Church Religion that does not lead to HOLINESS (obedience to Jesus according to Matthew, Mark, Luke and John).

1 John 2:6 NLT
Those who say they live in God should LIVE their lives as Jesus DID.

Luke 5:32 KJV
I came not to CALL the righteous, but Sinners to Repentance.

Hebrews 6:1 KJV
... let us GO on unto PERFECTION; ...

Hebrews 12:14 KJV
Follow peace with all men , and HOLINESS, without which no man shall SEE the Lord:

John 5:14 NLT
14 But afterward Jesus found him in the Temple and TOLD him, “Now you are WELL; SO STOP SINNING, or something even WORSE may happen to you.”

Matthew 24:24 NLT
24 For FALSE messiahs and FALSE PROPHETS will rise up and PERFORM GREAT SIGNS AND WONDERS so as to Deceive, if possible, EVEN God’s Chosen Ones.

May Jesus Bless You.
Good one. You can be perfect in as much your God is perfect. Gen 1:26 showed us that we're created in the image of God, the new testament also made us realized that we are spirit being and those who worship must worship Him in spirit and in Truth, so God want perfection from us in all ramifications.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Temysteve(m): 6:03pm On May 03, 2020
Blackpearlous:
Oh today is sunday!
see ur life outside, did u even pray today?
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by bliz123: 7:22pm On May 03, 2020
solreb:

I agree with you. It is wrong for the OP to condemn good works and attending churches. Jesus summarized the whole commandments. Love God whole-heartedly and love your neighbour as yourselves. In loving God you must obey his commandments on giving and tithing and doing good works so that the world will notice those and give glory to God. Definitely the bible is clear about how one can gain salvation so I don't think so issues should not arise about that. Now a new believer will need the church to strengthen his faith. So he needs to attend church service, learn from others, and challenge himself in certain areas as he grows his new found faith. Doing all those things in Paragraph 2: doing good, going to church regularly, paying tithe, helping people etc are signs of being born again (The bible charged us to them). Those things in themselves will not make you to be born again (you earn salvation by grace through faith in Jesus).

You're indeed my brother in faith. There are edifying articles that NL will not move to the front page. Na the ones wey dey backlash den dey move, imagine on a Sunday morning. We as God's children have a lot of work to do. We cannot allow the devil win in his gimmiks. I pray God will strengthen us through Jesus Christ our savior. Happy Sunday
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Blackpearlous(f): 9:01pm On May 03, 2020
Temysteve:
see ur life outside, did u even pray today?

I'm shy... I pray everyday. Sunday ain't my prayer day. Everyday is teaching and prayer
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by CuteYvonne777: 11:43pm On May 03, 2020
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Nobody: 7:24am On May 04, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Supposing you were just born again at an altar. Genuinely.

And from the sevice you went back home.

And you sat in your house for 5 years only watching TV.

You didn't smoke, drink, party, commit fornication or lie because you didn't even talk to anyone for 5 yrs.

All you did was watch TV and eat food in your lonely apartment. (You stocked up food for 5yrs). In fact you did nothing that anyone can point out as a sin.

On the 5th year, if Jesus were to come for His bride, will you also go along?

I mean, since you at least only genuinely believed on Him 5yrs ago at an altar

Will You go to heaven to be with Him?
the answer to your question is yes, He is already saved.

@ bolded of what importance is the Altar, salvation can come to any man at any point in time.
The truth is once you are saved you cant be unsaved.
A believer can temporarily fall away if he is immature but will ultimately be saved.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 8:07am On May 04, 2020
solite3:
the answer to your question is yes, He is already saved.

@ bolded of what importance is the Altar, salvation can come to any man at any point in time.
The truth is once you are saved you cant be unsaved.
A believer can temporarily fall away if he is immature but will ultimately be saved.

Not anyone should become teachers for these will receive much more stricter judgement at the judgment seat.

Study to show yourself approved unto God not man.

I fear for they who preach once saved always saved. Cause its like they have been blinded to see the myriad of scriptures that oppose their belief.

I won't even bother to teach on this subject right now cause I expect most to be adults and able to read their bibles.

BTW, Jesus is coming back for His bride, those who actively love Him and are looking for His coming. Not people spending their time watching TV.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Nobody: 9:57am On May 04, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Not anyone should become teachers for these will receive much more stricter judgement at the judgment seat.

Study to show yourself approved unto God not man.

I fear for they who preach once saved always saved. Cause its like they have been blinded to see the myriad of scriptures that oppose their belief.

I won't even bother to teach on this subject right now cause I expect most to be adults and able to read their bibles.

BTW, Jesus is coming back for His bride, those who actively love Him and are looking for His coming. Not people spending their time watching TV.
watching tv or not watching tv has nothing to do with salvation.
Are you aware there are Christian's whose works would be burned but they would still be saved?
The judgement of Christians is different from that of unbelievers.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Smakfge: 10:14am On May 04, 2020
Can someone be saved without worshipping God? Who is God ? You say Jesus (pbh) is God. Why ? I swear in God Almighty's name, I will embrace Christianity if anyone or any pastor answer this 30 questions;
-------------------------------------------------------------------
(NB. FEEL FREE TO CONSULT THE HOLY GHOST BEFORE ANSWERING )
---------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) If Jesus was GOD, then why Mark 15:34 says "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice; "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—
which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

(2) If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 8:28 Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"?
Can't GOD do anything he wills ?

(3) If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

(4) If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 23:46 Jesus said "Father
(GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit"?
or is Jesus a Baby-God?

(5) If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”?

(6) Also in Luke 18:19 Jesus said only GOD Almighty is Good: "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—
except God alone."

(7) If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 20:17 Jesus said "Do not
hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

(coolIf Jesus was GOD, then how comes his own disciples in Matthew 16: 13-14 only knew him as one of the Prophets.

(9) If Jesus was God how comes he was seen sleeping in Matthew 8:24 yet God never sleep as reported in Psalms 121:4.

(9) If Jesus was God who forgives sins then how comes when we was wronged in Luke 23:34 he said that Father forgive them since they don't know what they are doing.

(10) If Jesus was GOD , then why in John 17:3 Jesus said that eternal life is believing in one God and believing in Jesus Christ who was sent by God.

(11) If Jesus was GOD, then why in Acts 2:22 it is stated that Jesus was a mere man from Nazareth and all miracles and wonders were made by God through him.

(12) If Jesus was GOD, how comes in Hebrew 2:9 he was just made a little lower than angels. Can God the creator of the universe be lower than his creation.

(13). If Jesus was GOD, how comes in Luke 22:43, he was strengthen by angels, Can God be strengthened by his creatures, how can God be this weak.

(14) If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 4:8, he said that it is written that worship and serve only God. How come he did not say that worship only me but made reference to God.

(15) If Jesus was God, how comes in Revelation 1:1 it is reported that this is the revelation of Jesus which God gave him yet he (Jesus) himself is God as you claim.

(16) If Jesus was God how comes in Luke 4:13 he was tempted by Satan yet in James 1:13 God cannot be tempted by evil.

(17) If Jesus was God, then how comes in Luke 2:21 he was circumcised . Do you really want us to believe that God was circumcised, do you believe that the man who circumcised Jesus was holding God by his penis !!!. Isn't this the greatest blasphemy.

(18) If Jesus was God then how comes in Mark 11: 13, he was very ignorant that he did not know that it was a season of figs. How can God be ignorant to this level.

(19). If Jesus was God, then how comes in Mark 11:12 he was hungry, How can God be hungry, isn't this blasphemy to God.

(20) If Jesus was God then how comes he said in Matthew 24:36 that he does not know the last day and hour. How can God be this ignorant and fail to know the last day of judgement.

(21). If Jesus is God how comes he had a tribe as stated in Revelation 5:5 that he was a Jew from the tribe of Juda. Can God have a tribe, does it make sense to you if you start treason.

(22) If Jesus was God then why did he say in Matthew 15:24 that he was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel. Can God be sent in the first place and can he be so tribal like this.

(23) If Jesus was God then how comes in Luke 11:37-38, he was seen eating food, he even forgotten to wash his hands before he ate because he was very hungry. Imagine God eating food . if Jesus a

te food, the end result is that the food had to be digested meaning that he visited the toilet, imagine God on a toilet !!! . let us start reasoning please.

(24) If Jesus was God, then how comes in John 18:22, he was slapped by one of the officers. Can God be slapped by a mere man. Jesus cannot be God.

(25) If Jesus was God, then how comes it is mentioned in Luke 2:40 that Jesus while still a child grew and filled with wisdom and the grace of God was with him. Which grace of God was with him if he was himself God.

(26) If Jesus was God, how comes that in Mark 1:35, He used to pray, which God was he praying to if he was himself God.

(27) If Jesus was God ,then why is it written in 1 Timothy 2:5 that there is one God and one mediator between God and men who is the man Jesus.
#المسيح_ليس_اله
#Jesus_is_not_a_GOD

(28). If Jesus was God, then why did Paul say in 2 Corinthians 1:1 that I Paul I am an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God.

(29). If Jesus was God, how comes in Acts 2:36, it is mentioned that GOD has made Jesus both Lord and Christ. Which God made Jesus Christ if he (Jesus) himself was God.

(30). If Jesus was God, then how comes in Hebrews 5:7, Jesus prayed while crying in strong tears so that God saves him from death and God heard his prayers by saving him from death.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 11:29am On May 04, 2020
solite3:
watching tv or not watching tv has nothing to do with salvation.
Are you aware there are Christian's whose works would be burned but they would still be saved?
The judgement of Christians is different from that of unbelievers.

But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Apostle Paul .

Let he that hath an ear hear.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Greatzeus(m): 12:37pm On May 04, 2020
Hisincrease:

Using jewelry is not a sin.
Use it modestly and look beautiful. God approves of it. However, ensure it does replace God in your life and that you can live without it.
Can you live without a phone? Yes or No? Does that means you have turned your phone to your God? No.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 04, 2020
Jeromejnr:

But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
Apostle Paul .

Let he that hath an ear hear.
paul wasnt talking about his salvation but his ministry.

1 Corinthians 9:24-25 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

On the other hand eternal life is not a prize to be won or reward for good service but simply a free gift.

Romans 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 2:27pm On May 04, 2020
solite3:
paul wasnt talking about his salvation but his ministry.

1 Corinthians 9:24-25 Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain.

And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible.

On the other hand eternal life is not a prize to be won or reward for good service but simply a free gift.

Romans 5:15
But not as the offence, so also is the free gift. For if through the offence of one many be dead, much more the grace of God, and the gift by grace, which is by one man, Jesus Christ, hath abounded unto many.

Lol..so who are the people whose names are written in the book of life that can be blotted out?

Who were those who did miracles in Jesus name that were rejected?

Were they saved or not?

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Nobody: 3:12pm On May 04, 2020
Jeromejnr:

Lol..so who are the people whose names are written in the book of life that can be blotted out?
you answer me, who are the people whose names are blotted out from the book of life?

Who were those who did miracles in Jesus name that were rejected?

Were they saved or not?
what did Jesus say about them? Didnt he say he never knew them?
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 3:15pm On May 04, 2020
solite3:
you answer me, who are the people whose names are blotted out from the book of life?

what did Jesus say about them? Didnt he say he never knew them?

I dont even want to go into the Greek and Hebrew word for knew in that passage. Let me leave that aside.

You have not answered my question.

Were they saved yes or no?
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Nobody: 3:29pm On May 04, 2020
Jeromejnr:

I dont even want to go into the Greek and Hebrew word for knew in that passage. Let me leave that aside.
I m not asking you to go into greek or hebrew word.
Jesus said he never knew them.

You have not answered my question.

Were they saved yes or no?
you can deduce the answer from what Jesus said.
They were not saved because Jesus didnt know them.
Compare with this verse,

John 10:14
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

As for the book of Revelation,
The criteria for not having ones name blotted out from the book of life is that they overcome.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

But who are those that overcome and how do they overcome
Those that are born of God are the overcomers and their faith in Jesus is what overcomes.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:5
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 3:35pm On May 04, 2020
solite3:
I m not asking you to go into greek or hebrew word.
Jesus said he never knew them.

you can deduce the answer from what Jesus said.
They were not saved because Jesus didnt know them.
Compare with this verse,

John 10:14
I am the good shepherd, and know my sheep, and am known of mine.

John 10:27
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

As for the book of Revelation,
The criteria for not having ones name blotted out from the book of life is that they overcome.

Revelation 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.

But who are those that overcome and how do they overcome
Those that are born of God are the overcomers and their faith in Jesus is what overcomes.

1 John 5:4
For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.

1 John 5:5
Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?

So those who had their names in the book of life and removed were never saved?

So also those who used Jesus name to work miracles?

grin

Chai.

Blasphemy.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by davidinchrist(m): 10:29pm On May 04, 2020
Jeromejnr:

So those who had their names in the book of life and removed were never saved?

So also those who used Jesus name to work miracles?

grin

Chai.

Blasphemy.

John 15:6 KJV
If a man abide NOT in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Luke 9:62 KJV
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the PLOUGH, and LOOKING back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Hebrews 12:17 KJV
For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of REPENTANCE, though he sought it carefully WITH TEARS.

Galatians 6:9 KJV
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, IF WE FAINT NOT.

Not for arguments, though.

May Jesus Bless You All.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by davidinchrist(m): 10:49pm On May 04, 2020
bliz123:
This my generation is funny.
If you want to preach please go ahead, pointing fingers in whatever direction is not healthy because in all fairness everyone had their race and judgement to receive differently. Remember judgement will be as each person's work is.

Also I need to add that all the good works you mentioned above are good provided the reason behind them is a good one. You cannot be saved by not loving the things of God. You can't love anything by not visiting or giving.

We focus so much on the few fakes that the bible already said will come instead of trying to wrk harder so the world will see our good works. Remember anything fake destroys the credibility of the original.

Happy Sunday

Not few fakes: it says Broad or Wide is the way, so people there are terribly MANY Not few. However, Few find the way to Eternal life.

May Jesus Bless You.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Jeromejnr(m): 11:06pm On May 04, 2020
davidinchrist:

John 15:6 KJV
If a man abide NOT in me, he is cast forth as a branch, and is withered; and men gather them, and cast them into the fire, and they are burned.

Luke 9:62 KJV
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the PLOUGH, and LOOKING back, is fit for the kingdom of God.

Hebrews 12:17 KJV
For ye know how that afterward, when he would have inherited the blessing, he was rejected: for he found no place of REPENTANCE, though he sought it carefully WITH TEARS.

Galatians 6:9 KJV
And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, IF WE FAINT NOT.

Not for arguments, though.

May Jesus Bless You All.

God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by bliz123: 8:27am On May 05, 2020
davidinchrist:

Not few fakes: it says Broad or Wide is the way, so people there are terribly MANY Not few. However, Few find the way to Eternal life.

May Jesus Bless You.
Amen

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Kingpele(m): 12:55pm On May 05, 2020
[quote author=solite3 post=89143154] faith is not the immunity to stop commiting sin.

Turning from sin does not earn you salvation.

Infact have you seeing any man who does not commit sin?
Anybody that tells you you have to turn away from sin to be saved is lying.

Rather the right gospel is to repent and turn to Jesus.
Repentance means changing your mind concerning sin and towards God.
Concerning sin in the sense that we have all sinned because we were born in sin.
Turn towards God that God's way is the best rather than our ways
Faith in Jesus, the sacrifice of Jesus is totally sufficient for our sins and he is the eternal life given to us by the father.[I see you love your sinful ways hiding behind faith, Satan know God more than you yet he is lost forever because he rebelled against God, and he is cast out of heaven, God loved him above other angels but had to cast him out due to his sin of pride, God hate sin and in psalm it was recorded that Hod is angry with a sinner everyday... Before I quit alcohol, I thought if am not drunk, is ok to drink small, I kept on drinking until when God saw that am matured enough to know the truth about alcohol, he started dealing with me concerning it, i do see spiritual visions of God, since I was ordained as a pastor in 2009 but I quit alcohol just recently, why God showed me a vision of me praising him in his beautiful glorious presence of light all of a sudden i saw darkness covering me, I was surprised but holy spirit ministered to me that this darkness is sin of alcolism, I cried to God to forgive me and the darkness started disappearing from my vision, that day I knew am not suppose to drink and God is helping me to avoid it, now if you are sincere in your faith God will guide you out of every sin and weakness in your life, I loved to drink since I was 16 but today God saved me from it, God knows his own, if u like sincerely ask God to give u a change of heart that will make u see sin as a darkness that can never be found in Christ Jesus and whatever that can't be found in Christ is lost spiritually.. Or u continue in your kind of lazy faith without works, James was talking about salvation when he said do u believe in God, Satan believe and tremble before God, he now added show me your faith without works and I will show you my faith through my works... Don't allow Satan to mess up your mind, he is too cunning and once u indulge the flesh, he will decieve u to the utter most
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by davidinchrist(m): 3:11pm On May 05, 2020
solreb:

I agree with you. It is wrong for the OP to CONDEMN GOOD WORKS and attending CHURCHES. Jesus summarized the whole commandments. Love God whole-heartedly and love your neighbour as yourselves. In loving God you must obey his commandments on giving and tithing and doing good works so that the world will notice those and give glory to God. Definitely the bible is clear about how one can gain salvation so I don't think so issues should not arise about that. Now a new believer will need the church to strengthen his faith. So he needs to attend church service, learn from others, and challenge himself in certain areas as he grows his new found faith. Doing all those things in Paragraph 2: doing good, going to church regularly, paying tithe, helping people etc are signs of being born again (The bible charged us to them). Those things in themselves will not make you to be born again (you earn salvation by grace through faith in Jesus).

Hmm, you misunderstood or didn't get the message altogether. I very much doubt if you did read through properly; and many others too.

You said I CONDEMNED good works; but did you notice I mentioned OBEDIENCE to Jesus according to the gospels of Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John; and Pressing On to PERFECTION?

And if I'm truly against Good Works, Why would I Create a post to Glorify Jesus in the first place? Let's be rather patient before reacting.

The point is many believers are deceived by common Leaders/Churches, not majoring on the PRIMARY thing--Obedience/Holiness, while focusing more on the SECONDARY--Religious Activities of Organized Churches (of which are not really CENTERED on Jesus, BUT the particular BRAND OF EACH CHURCH, in most cases).

Concerning attending of Churches: Many Pastors/Leaders are not examples of Jesus in their LIFESTYLES (I don't mean Perfect BUT Christ-like), particularly when it comes to MONEY AND POPULARITY with the World...

Should you want more, please go to my profile, and look up for a post titled "The Church Business.." IF you don't mind.

Nevertheless, if after all that, you still feel quite strongly disagree with me, "okay then".

I won't justify myself either, it's God's job to JUDGE.

Thanks,
May Jesus Bless You,

Good bye.
Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by solreb: 10:46pm On May 05, 2020
Smakfge:
Can someone be saved without worshipping God? Who is God ? You say Jesus (pbh) is God. Why ? I swear in God Almighty's name, I will embrace Christianity if anyone or any pastor answer this 30 questions;
-------------------------------------------------------------------
(NB. FEEL FREE TO CONSULT THE HOLY GHOST BEFORE ANSWERING )
---------------------------------------------------------------------
(1) If Jesus was GOD, then why Mark 15:34 says "And at the ninth hour Jesus cried out in a loud voice; "Eloi, Eloi, lama sabachthani?"—
which means, "My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?"

(2) If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 8:28 Jesus said "I do nothing of myself"?
Can't GOD do anything he wills ?

(3) If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 14:28 Jesus said "My Father (GOD) is greater than I"?

(4) If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 23:46 Jesus said "Father
(GOD), into thy hands I commend my spirit"?
or is Jesus a Baby-God?

(5) If Jesus was GOD, then why in Mark 10:18 Jesus said “And Jesus said to him, ‘Why do you call me good? No one is good but God alone.”?

(6) Also in Luke 18:19 Jesus said only GOD Almighty is Good: "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—
except God alone."

(7) If Jesus was GOD, then why in John 20:17 Jesus said "Do not
hold on to me, for I have not yet returned to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, 'I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.' "

(coolIf Jesus was GOD, then how comes his own disciples in Matthew 16: 13-14 only knew him as one of the Prophets.

(9) If Jesus was God how comes he was seen sleeping in Matthew 8:24 yet God never sleep as reported in Psalms 121:4.

(9) If Jesus was God who forgives sins then how comes when we was wronged in Luke 23:34 he said that Father forgive them since they don't know what they are doing.

(10) If Jesus was GOD , then why in John 17:3 Jesus said that eternal life is believing in one God and believing in Jesus Christ who was sent by God.

(11) If Jesus was GOD, then why in Acts 2:22 it is stated that Jesus was a mere man from Nazareth and all miracles and wonders were made by God through him.

(12) If Jesus was GOD, how comes in Hebrew 2:9 he was just made a little lower than angels. Can God the creator of the universe be lower than his creation.

(13). If Jesus was GOD, how comes in Luke 22:43, he was strengthen by angels, Can God be strengthened by his creatures, how can God be this weak.

(14) If Jesus was GOD, then why in Luke 4:8, he said that it is written that worship and serve only God. How come he did not say that worship only me but made reference to God.

(15) If Jesus was God, how comes in Revelation 1:1 it is reported that this is the revelation of Jesus which God gave him yet he (Jesus) himself is God as you claim.

(16) If Jesus was God how comes in Luke 4:13 he was tempted by Satan yet in James 1:13 God cannot be tempted by evil.

(17) If Jesus was God, then how comes in Luke 2:21 he was circumcised . Do you really want us to believe that God was circumcised, do you believe that the man who circumcised Jesus was holding God by his penis !!!. Isn't this the greatest blasphemy.

(18) If Jesus was God then how comes in Mark 11: 13, he was very ignorant that he did not know that it was a season of figs. How can God be ignorant to this level.

(19). If Jesus was God, then how comes in Mark 11:12 he was hungry, How can God be hungry, isn't this blasphemy to God.

(20) If Jesus was God then how comes he said in Matthew 24:36 that he does not know the last day and hour. How can God be this ignorant and fail to know the last day of judgement.

(21). If Jesus is God how comes he had a tribe as stated in Revelation 5:5 that he was a Jew from the tribe of Juda. Can God have a tribe, does it make sense to you if you start treason.

(22) If Jesus was God then why did he say in Matthew 15:24 that he was only sent to the lost sheep of Israel. Can God be sent in the first place and can he be so tribal like this.

(23) If Jesus was God then how comes in Luke 11:37-38, he was seen eating food, he even forgotten to wash his hands before he ate because he was very hungry. Imagine God eating food . if Jesus a

te food, the end result is that the food had to be digested meaning that he visited the toilet, imagine God on a toilet !!! . let us start reasoning please.

(24) If Jesus was God, then how comes in John 18:22, he was slapped by one of the officers. Can God be slapped by a mere man. Jesus cannot be God.

(25) If Jesus was God, then how comes it is mentioned in Luke 2:40 that Jesus while still a child grew and filled with wisdom and the grace of God was with him. Which grace of God was with him if he was himself God.

(26) If Jesus was God, how comes that in Mark 1:35, He used to pray, which God was he praying to if he was himself God.

(27) If Jesus was God ,then why is it written in 1 Timothy 2:5 that there is one God and one mediator between God and men who is the man Jesus.
#المسيح_ليس_اله
#Jesus_is_not_a_GOD

(28). If Jesus was God, then why did Paul say in 2 Corinthians 1:1 that I Paul I am an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God.

(29). If Jesus was God, how comes in Acts 2:36, it is mentioned that GOD has made Jesus both Lord and Christ. Which God made Jesus Christ if he (Jesus) himself was God.

(30). If Jesus was God, then how comes in Hebrews 5:7, Jesus prayed while crying in strong tears so that God saves him from death and God heard his prayers by saving him from death.

The answer to your question is hinged on Holy Trinity - God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit. All of them are one but operate distinctly. It is a mystery. Now God the Son came in the form of man. He was fully man, yet divine. So in that state, he relied solely on God the Father. In various verses of the Bible, he showed that he was God, yet performing the distinct role of Jesus Christ, God in human form.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by solreb: 10:55pm On May 05, 2020
[quote author=Kingpele post=89211549][/quote]
Excellent. I agree with you completely. We need people like you to continue drum it that the OP and others that spread the doctrine "once saved and forever saved"are wrong.

1 Like

Re: Your Attitude To Sin Determines Your Salvation/Perfection, Not Activities by Kobojunkie: 11:38pm On Mar 15, 2023
babadee1:
Hebrews 11:1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for. The evidence of things not seen.
I have already answered this your question even before you asked it.

Remember when I told you this:"By the way there's nothing mental about faith. Faith is not mental assent to anything. It is a real spiritual substance that God deposits in our hearts when we hear His word and we can either choose to accept it and let it do its work, or we can reject it and opt to try our own works. The choice is yours."That is faith in a nutshell.
First, contrary to what many may like to believe, Hebrews 11 vs 1 does not contain a definition of the word faith . Rather what the writer does in the context is attempts a figurative comparison of faith with the evidence/substance, the promises of God, that come as a result of ir. Faith itself is not defined in the context of that passage. For this reason, the word faith, in the context, is used in reference to efforts made by such a person as Abraham while pointing out the evidence/benefits that resulted from such effort. undecided

God Himself explained what the word faith means in Genesis 26 vs 5 when He pointed out that the reason why He made a promise to Abraham had to do with the fact that Abraham lived his life in submission and obedience of His, God's, teachings and commandments - Faith. God gave that as the one and the only reason why He made Abraham His friend. This offer we observe Jesus Christ makes with all those of His followers who will do as He says - John 15 vs 9 -14 — those who will submit to and obey His teachings and commandments in the Kingdom of God. So, there you have it. Faith refers to living one's life in continuous submission and obedience to God's commandments and teachings, and in our case, in Jesus Christ. This definition is observed as being used in the Old Testament as well as in the New Covenant by Jesus Christ Himself. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ghanaian Pastors Are Proving Worse Than Nigeria’s / Freethinkers In Nigeria And The Fear Of Nigerians / When A Sin Becomes "Normal" In Your Life.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.