Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,921 members, 7,952,705 topics. Date: Wednesday, 18 September 2024 at 09:50 PM

Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? (15674 Views)

5 Governors That Deserve A Second Term In 2019 / Jonathan Does Not Deserve A Second Term – Okogie / Re: Obasanjo's Son - Don't The Following Leaders Have Sons Too ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Blackteeth(m): 7:58pm On Jan 10, 2011
I don't belong to any of the three big tribes, so I can support or whip the arse of whichever of the big tribes I wish at any time. For now, let me go with the Igbos.
I think it's amazing that Inspite of the large number of Igbo children, women and young men who were massacred before and during the 3 year civil war, the Igbos are still standing shoulder high today. The yoruba and hausa lands weren't touched by the outbreak of hostilities; they were going about their daily business of schooling, eating, drinking, sex etc. So one should expect that these two big tribes should be more advanced than the Igbos by now, but this is not case. Rather they are still struggling with the Igbos for space and survival. Inspite of the loses the Igbos sustained, they are still making noise and shaking Nigeria, including overseas. Who knows whether they would have pocketed Nigeria by now if actually the weren't injured 40 years ago. Igbo kwenu!

6 Likes

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by ikeyman00(m): 9:03pm On Jan 10, 2011
@@@@@@@@@

u could say that again!!

let them know!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by wilywily9: 9:10pm On Jan 10, 2011
Let face the truth, the brain of Yorubas and their partners in Looting Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani are full of Coconut water. Yeye people

2 Likes

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 10, 2011
I made the same observation to my friend yesterday.

Anoda dimension you fail to mention is that the igbos would av had the greatest number of graduates if not for the fact that an entire generation of UNN graduands and those before them were all massacred in a calculated genocide during the civil war.

The Igbos are truly a great race!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by koruji(m): 9:24pm On Jan 10, 2011
Some people have lost it!!! On whose time are you thinking and writing this kind of stuff. Certainly, you are not paying for any costs involved, otherwise this kind of vomit will not protude from your brains, ears, eyes, nose, mouth and fingers

ye ye dey smell.

greateros:

I made the same observation to my friend yesterday.

Anoda dimension you fail to mention is that the igbos would av had the greatest number of graduates if not for the fact that an entire generation of UNN graduands and those before them were all massacred in a calculated genocide during the civil war.

The Igbos are truly a great race!
wily:wily:

Let face the truth, the brain of Yorubas and their partners in Looting Dirty Stinking Hausa/Fulani are full of Coconut water. Yeye people
ikeyman00:

@@@@@@@@@

u could say that again!!

let them know!
Blackteeth:

I don't belong to any of the three big tribes, so I can support or whip the arse of whichever of the big tribes I wish at any time. For now, let me go with the Igbos.
I think it's amazing that Inspite of the large number of Igbo children, women and young men who were massacred before and during the 3 year civil war, the Igbos are still standing shoulder high today. The yoruba and hausa lands weren't touched by the outbreak of hostilities; they were going about their daily business of schooling, eating, drinking, sex etc. So one should expect that these two big tribes should be more advanced than the Igbos by now, but this is not case. Rather they are still struggling with the Igbos for space and survival. Inspite of the loses the Igbos sustained, they are still making noise and shaking Nigeria, including overseas. Who knows whether they would have pocketed Nigeria by now if actually the weren't injured 40 years ago. Igbo kwenu!
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Blackteeth(m): 9:25pm On Jan 10, 2011
@wily wily. It shouldn't come to that.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Akhenaten: 9:33pm On Jan 10, 2011
Yes, the Igbo race is a special lot. After suffering so much, we have been able to bounce back and make incredible gains. However, all is not well with the Ndi Igbo. Many of our brothers and sisters who were Igbo prior to the war, have tried to create their own ethnicities.

And Igbo language is under threat of extinction, due to many Igbos believing that it is better to teach their children English. What a shame!

I am a proud Igbo man and will always be proud of my people. We have endured a lot, but we are still here.

1 Like

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 9:39pm On Jan 10, 2011
@poster good observation smiley igbo people are strong i can tell you that wink

but the same goes to jews, hausa, yorubas, ijaws, japanese people, rwanda, beroms etc

all this groups have faced either 1 type of war or genocide, i think you should give them credit too for there bravery undecided
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by AndreUweh(m): 10:43pm On Jan 10, 2011
Akhenaten:

Yes, the Igbo race is a special lot. After suffering so much, we have been able to bounce back and make incredible gains. However, all is not well with the Ndi Igbo. Many of our brothers and sisters who were Igbo prior to the war, have tried to create their own ethnicities.

And Igbo language is under threat of extinction, due to many Igbos believing that it is better to teach their children English. What a shame!

I am a proud Igbo man and will always be proud of my people. We have endured a lot, but we are still here.
Some of those Igbo people who hitherto disclaimed Igbo are coming back to their senses. Am happy this is happening at the time when those parents who disclaimed Igbo are still alive.

2 Likes

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by TippyTop(m): 10:55pm On Jan 10, 2011
I thought the Fed Govt at the time did everything to assimilate the "Igbos" back into Nigeria.
The Igbos got back the houses they built in other States. Some of them with money in their bank account before the war were able to withdraw their money after the war. Gowon had a policy of
"No Victor No vanguished".
Let's take everything into context because most secessionist movement know their people risk losing all e.g the Tamil people of Sri Lanka.
Nonetheless, only a fool would say the Igbos are not incredibly industrous.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by dempeople(m): 11:06pm On Jan 10, 2011
Andre Uweh:

Some of those Igbo people who hitherto disclaimed Igbo are coming back to their senses. Am happy this is happening at the time when those parents who disclaimed Igbo are still alive.

I hope so. We need all the unity we could foster.

alj harem1:

@poster good observation smiley igbo people are strong i can tell you that wink

but the same goes to jews, hausa, yorubas, ijaws, japanese people, rwanda, beroms etc

all this groups have faced either 1 type of war or genocid[/b]e, i think you should give them credit too for there bravery undecided

That's not the point. We're talking strictly within a Nigerian context here. BTW, the jews have been compensated continuously financially, among with other benefits,  since the end of the holocaust. What have Ndigbo been compensated with since the end of the war?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[b][size=14pt]I MUST come back as OnyeIgbo in my next life. [/size]
For a people who were reduced to nothing but yet, yet, yet, yet, yet, have risen to the top in today's Nigeria and indeed the world, Chukwunna biko, still make me a part of these people when I come back in my next life.

1 Like

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by AndreUweh(m): 11:26pm On Jan 10, 2011
Tippy Top:

I thought the Fed Govt at the time did everything to assimilate the "Igbos" back into Nigeria.
The Igbos got back the houses they built in other States. Some of them with money in their bank account before the war were able to withdraw their money after the war. Gowon had a policy of
"No Victor No vanguished".
Let's take everything into context because most secessionist movement know their people risk losing all e.g the Tamil people of Sri Lanka.
Nonetheless, only a fool would say the Igbos are not incredibly industrous.
My father had £4,000:00 in his account before the outbreak of the civil war. He got only £20:00 back.
My uncle's house in Port Harcourt has not been giving back to him till date.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by aljharem11(m): 11:38pm On Jan 10, 2011
dem_people:

I hope so. We need all the unity we could foster.

That's not the point. We're talking strictly within a Nigerian context here. BTW, the jews have been compensated continuously financially, among with other benefits,  since the end of the holocaust. What have Ndigbo been compensated with since the end of the war?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[size=14pt]I MUST come back as OnyeIgbo in my next life. [/size] For a people who were reduced to nothing but yet, yet, yet, yet, yet, have risen to the top in today's Nigeria and indeed the world, Chukwunna biko, still make me a part of these people when I come back in my next life.

ok i agree igbo people are special and unique in nature, they are the best in business , science and technology in Nigeria

even after the war, they still made something out of nothing,,, now that is been unique

igbo kwenu smiley cool

1 Like

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by ekubear1: 5:50am On Jan 11, 2011
At the original question, yes they do.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Nobody: 6:33am On Jan 11, 2011
so do the chinese - the japanese dealt with them in ww2
so do the japanese
so do the germans
so do the jews
etc etc

wtf is it with igbos and mindless chest beating ?

do you lot think you are the only ones in history to lose a civil war?

later you lot will start the other popular whine, it is nigeria that is holding back your true potential , blah blah blah
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Olaedo1: 6:37am On Jan 11, 2011
Yea they do, I applaud the Igbos and also take off my hat to them. cool
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by babapupa: 6:44am On Jan 11, 2011
Ibo people and delusions sha, talk about short man's syndrome. The fact that you people needlessly beat your chest to convince people about what your are obviously not means you have insecurity issues and you ain't s/hit.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Akhenaten: 6:47am On Jan 11, 2011
People need to keep in mind that this thread was started by a Non-Igbo. No need to be upset. Just commend the Igbo on being able to bounce right back after losing a war. That is all.

1 Like

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by babapupa: 6:52am On Jan 11, 2011
lol @ he's not igbo, yeye 419 people.

So what do y'all want? A freeking cookie? y'all be killing me I swear, lmao
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Afam4eva(m): 6:54am On Jan 11, 2011
I always wondered what would have become of Hausa and Yoruba if they experienced what Igbo people went through/

2 Likes

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by ektbear: 7:01am On Jan 11, 2011
The constant whining and pleas for attention are pretty annoying, but I guess understandable.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by chiogo(f): 7:08am On Jan 11, 2011
Wow, so you noticed? tongue
Yes, we do. . . but does the applause really benefit us seeing the situation of Nigeria? The acknowledgement is good enough though. smiley
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Akhenaten: 7:08am On Jan 11, 2011
Who are whining? The pleas for attention? Someone took notice of the Ndi Igbo and you people are complaining? Our actions speak louder than words. This is something that I am a firm believer in. Igbos are progressing, no one can deny that. Makes one wonder what the Igbo can accomplish if they had their own nation. One can dream and I'm a dreamer. Igbo Kwenu!  cheesy
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Nobody: 7:16am On Jan 11, 2011
The ibos were able to bounce back because the victorious side decided not to carry on a war of attrition against the ibos.

I believe Nigerians are good people really. If it were some other African countries, the ibos would probably never recover.

2 Likes

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by ektbear: 7:17am On Jan 11, 2011
Eh, regarding whining, pleas for attention. . . perhaps those words were too incendiary, but I feel like I see that a lot here. I remember a recent thread here where someone was blaming a 3rd party for the relative failure of Tinapa or ports in the East (for example.) Things like that tend to piss me off.

I understand why it is strategically advantageous to do it, but it is still annoying.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Akhenaten: 7:19am On Jan 11, 2011
I guess starvation as a policy is not considered a war of attrition. undecided The last time I checked, in order to defeat Biafra, you had to starve the populace. If my history is correct.

Sorry, but even though the Igbo population was decimated at record numbers, the international community would have prevented a genocide of an entire race of people. As the Americans said about the Jews, "Never Again."

However, I like to shy away from Biafra discussions, because I take that war very personally. A very sore spot if you ask me, since my area was one of the last to fall in the war. That means the fighting was fiercest in my region, and clan suffered heavy casualties.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Justcash(m): 7:20am On Jan 11, 2011
babapupa:

Ibo people and delusions sha, talk about short man's syndrome. The fact that you people needlessly beat your chest to convince people about what your are obviously not means you have insecurity issues and you ain't s/hit.

[b]There is no doubt that the development of the Igbos was slowed down by the civil war. Irrespective of that, the Igbos still rose to the same level that the "Victors" are at the moment (Which is still not high). Is it not commonsensical that one would expect the Hausas and Yorubas to be way ahead of Igbos, especially in terms of development and basic infrastructures. It is not a thing to be happy about. Infact if the Hausas and Yorubas had built upon their victory to use the leadership that they dominated for many years to ensure development (in the Western and Northern Regions), Nigerians would atleast have had something to be proud of. Instead they sat on the Igbos and refused to develop.
Come to think of it, it is really shameful that the Yoruba and Hausa leaders could make nothing out of their domination of power for many years. It is very very shameful. What their victory and political domination brought was pain, poverty, death, under-development, acute rot in the system etc. Their own people are suffering very much.
The reason why I respect Obasanjo so much is that he is one of the most neutral leaders Nigeria ever had. He brought the Igbos into his leadership team, during his tenure e.g Soludo, Dora Akunyili, ezekwesili etc and they made a great impact. The difference was very clear.  For instance, One wonders how the CBN was performing before Soludo. Obasanjo threw ethnic bigotry into the bin, and brought in Soludo after sacking Sanusi. We all know about the revolution that happened. The fool, Atiku is taking credit of doing that now (When infact his small brain would have made him to appoint a nursery school teaching Mallam from Adamawa as CBN governor, if he was in Obasanjo's position)
Well no insult intended, the Hausa and Yoruba political leaders should be ashamed of themselves. My only regret is that they succeeded in turning modern Igbo leaders into their likes.[/b]
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Akhenaten: 7:23am On Jan 11, 2011
Justcash, to be fair to the Yoruba, they haven't really been in power. Ever since the capitulation of the Ndi Igbo during the Civil War, the North has called the shots in Nigeria. Northern domination was complete after their rival, the Igbo were dealt with. Yoruba elite were used as pawns by the Northern leadership, so you cannot truly say that the Yoruba have been part of the political power. However, economically, the Yoruba were able to make gains in that realm, but that short term gain has been eliminated.
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by babapupa: 7:24am On Jan 11, 2011
ekt_bear:

The constant whining and pleas for attention are pretty annoying, but I guess understandable.

Signs Of An Insecure Person

Insecure people are self promoting and constantly talk about themselves. They need validation from other people for their actions and qualities

An insecure person becomes overly selfish. He tries to surround himself with possessions, accolades and attention.

An insecure person becomes overly accommodating and tries to gain other people's approval.

Insecure people tend to be very defensive and cannot handle criticism. They are not comfortable with their own-self.  

Insecure people can't enjoy silence and they try to fill it with unnecessary chatter

1 Like

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Freewilly(f): 7:25am On Jan 11, 2011
@ Blackteeth,

You a good guy, nothing wrong in giving credit where credit is due. Don't let the devilish minds of some on Niaraland get to you my friend. I don't know

what tribe you are, but I'm sure your people are loving just like you kiss
Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Akhenaten: 7:27am On Jan 11, 2011
babapupa:

Signs Of An Insecure Person

I have never met an insecure Igbo in my life. It is not part of our culture. I have met lot of egotistical Igbos in my lifetime, but not insecure. Quite the contrary, I think my people are too proud. Where is the insecurity in pride?

1 Like

Re: Don't The Igbos Deserve A Round Of Applause? by Nobody: 7:27am On Jan 11, 2011
Our actions speak louder than words. This is something that I am a firm believer in. Igbos are progressing,

the difference is that when others progress, they don't feel the need to spam nl with threads o their tribe's progress

if yorubas had the ndigbo attitude, there would have been all sorts of spam about yoruba ingenuity trailing the likes of adenuga wale tinubu fola agoro etal
ndigbo on the other hand -

we can all remeber the chest beating in the wake of innoson motors

Makes one wonder what the Igbo can accomplish if they had their own nation

yeah yeah yeah

the other whine, marginalization , which is echoed by igbos everywhere.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Sanwo-Olu Warns Traders On The Red Line Corridor / FG Approves $11m For Christian Pilgrims - Vanguard News / Buhari Congratulates Akinwumi Adesina On World Food Prize Laureate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.