Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,195 members, 7,818,645 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:41 PM

“you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb (5429 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts A Journalist In Calabar During Press Conference (Video) / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Anthony Joshua For Prostrating Before Buhari / Femi Fani-Kayode Blasts Ismaila Isa Funtua, Calls Him Uncircumcised Philistine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

“you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by thisweekng: 12:25pm On May 03, 2020
“You have destroyed many families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herbert Wigwe

2 Days Ago,ThisweekNG Reported That Herbert Wigwe, The Group Managing Director Of Access Bank, Hinted The Plan To Sack 75% Of Its Workforce Over What He Said Was The Outcome Of The COVID-19 Lockdown.

In A Tweet, Femi Fani Kayode, Former Minister For Aviation In Nigeria, Has Registered His Displeasure On The Move Taken By The Bank;S CEO To Sack Most Of His Loyal Staff In This Hard Time. Kayode Stated In His Tweet That, Wigwe Gave N1 Billion To The FG To Fight Covid-19, Only For Him To Sack Hundreds Of His Loyal Staff.

Fani Went Further To Say That He Betrayed His Workers, By Turning His Back On Them, When They Needed Him Most, Because He Was More Interested In The Profit He Will Make And Also To Appease President Buhari.

Not Only That Kayode Said That He Also Shut Down 340 Of His Branches, With A Stroke Of The Pen. Femi Accused Him Of Throwing Thousands Of People Into Unemployment At A Time When They Are Already Going Through Hell Because Of The Lockdown

Femi Said,

“You Gave 1 Billion Naira To The FG To Fight Covid 19 & The Next Day You Sacked Hundreds Of Your Loyal Staff. You Betrayed Your Workers & Turned Your Back On Them When They Needed You Most Because You Were More Interested In Ur Profits &Appeasing Buhari. @Myaccessbank SHAME ON U!”

“Worse Still You Shut Down 340 Of Your Branches! With A Stroke Of The Pen You Have Thrown Thousands Of People Into Unemployment At A Time When They Are Already Going Through Hell Because Of The Lockdown & You Have Destroyed Many Families.@Herbertwigwe How Do You Sleep At Night”?

https://thisweekng.com/2020/05/03/you-have-destroyed-many-families-femi-fani-kayode-blasts-access-bank-md-herbert-wigwe/

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Tpave(m): 12:26pm On May 03, 2020
But this pandemic affected many companies all over the world. Why attacking this man like this? Atiku's company sacked so many people, so many Americans are already jobless, some companies closed down in China.
If this man is not able to pay his workers at the end if he retains them, it's the same people that will still come here and protest.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by festacman(m): 12:27pm On May 03, 2020
[img][/img]Yes, COVID-19 pandemic has negatively affected businesses globally but if all such businesses act like Access Bank, the world would have been in more turmoil than it is presently.

Yes, it has always been inevitable that closing Diamond Bank branches in places where Access Bank branches exist and other hard decisions would be taken, but the panicky way it has been done and the timing show that Herbert Wigwe and his his team are thoughtless, heartless and insensitive bunch of capitalists. They should have been more socially responsible.

Thoughtless because they underrated the customer panic and loss of confidence, which the decisions would bring to local banking industry in general and the negative effect, which Access Bank brand, in particular, would suffer. Why not close the branches in phases than in one fell swoop.

Heartless because they overlooked the psychological damage this sudden decisions would do to hitherto dedicated personnel who ate into their reserves to endure COVID-19 lockdown, while looking forward to resuming work. Why not tell the affected employees to choose between outright sack and payment of only basic salary for the next 3 months before disengagement.

Insensitive because they chose to remain blind to the widespread fracturing effects, which such decisions will have on the post-COVID-19 national economy. What's the essence of donating N1billion to help Nigeria and then turning around to put its economy under undue pressure. What about decisions about funding options that will help small businesses bounce back instead of just temporary closure of branches at major markets at Alaba, Aspamda, Balogun, etc to await the full resumption of importation and buying/selling activities.

12 Likes

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Adarich(m): 12:28pm On May 03, 2020
Who corona no kill, na sack letter go kill am.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by kokakola: 12:28pm On May 03, 2020
I always tell those close to me, start a backup plan immediately you start working for a Private or Public organizations. Private organizations make decisions based on their benefits first before any other.
No matter how large an organisation is around the world, this pandemic affected them directly or indirectly meaning that all private establishment owned by Private body will definitely layoff some of their staff slash their wages/ salaries by whatever percentage they deem fit for the organization to continue its survival. The sporting world is not left behind too.

More of this is likely to occur in the days ahead. Moreover, other establishment are already compiling their own lists as we speak.

The days ahead are not for those working hard, but for those working smart.
You donated 1Billion to Government (Business Strategy) weeks later you Fired your staff.

The guy below me thinks archaic.
Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by ikabasa1(m): 12:29pm On May 03, 2020
Operations close access Bank account in solidarity to those that were sacked.
Let us all suspend all Banking activities with Access Bank for now

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Solowande(m): 12:29pm On May 03, 2020
Dats what happen when u swallow instead of chew what u were given to eat..

1 Like

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by bigiyaro(m): 12:32pm On May 03, 2020
I hope and that this is the end of access bank.

1 Like

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Piggyyeasters(f): 12:32pm On May 03, 2020
It is a bad decision by the Bank
Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Movic1(m): 12:33pm On May 03, 2020
Femi is right. Herbert Wigwe is among the funding committee of Cacovid, instead of sacking staffs /closing down branches, he should pull out of Cacovid , there's no shame in that ...

5 Likes

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by obailala(m): 12:33pm On May 03, 2020
This was actually a sick move by Access bank. The N1bn donated for covid19 support all for clout could have been more than sufficient to adequately compensate the sacked staff.

2 Likes

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by tinsel: 12:34pm On May 03, 2020
Movic1:
Femi is right. Herbert Wigwe is among the funding committee of Cacovid, instead of sacking staffs /closing down branches, he should pull out of Cacovid , there's no shame in that ...
Is one billion naira he donated why Access bank is having problem?
Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by tinsel: 12:35pm On May 03, 2020
Is one billion naira the bank donated the reason they are having problem?

1 Like

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Macphenson: 12:36pm On May 03, 2020
Honestly speaking this is a very bad business move from Access Bank, and trust me it will backfire.

This may likely be the end of Access bank.
Trust Nigerians , nobody wants to joke with his funds, people will start panic withdrawals and transfers, as Access Bank has sent signals that it is distressed.

They could have opted for pay cuts no matter how low it is, which will indirectly force some of their staff to resign on their own instead of this blunder they committed.

I pray they actually survive the sunami of withdrawals that will hit them this coming week.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by BigTableShaker(f): 12:37pm On May 03, 2020
Fucking access bank. I'ma withdraw all tmao.

4 Likes

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Captainrambo2: 12:40pm On May 03, 2020
Mumu bank ....
Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Racoon(m): 12:44pm On May 03, 2020
Access Bank donated to FG COVID19 as part of their social cooperate responsibility but forgot their faithful staff who have laboured for its economic upgrowth.

4 Likes

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Humanoid01(m): 12:45pm On May 03, 2020
There is greatness inside of you, you're the one that the world is waiting for.

EVERY STEP YOU TAKE, WE GO DEY THERE.

'Cos we believe in you say one day you go make am. - Access >>>> More than banking...

All na wash.

4 Likes

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by myfan: 12:54pm On May 03, 2020
lipsrsealed
Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by IamgratefulLord(f): 12:55pm On May 03, 2020
Advice for sacked workers smiley
For those interested in school business and also have passion to teach. Get a PGD in Education within 12 months, write a professional examination with TRCN, then you can start your own school. You can talk to family and friends about finances for your school.
With 500k, you can start a small school in a small community or village smiley
You'll thank me later because I'm a living witness. smiley

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by gaby(m): 12:55pm On May 03, 2020
I have always noticed incompetency written all over that Wigwe guy.

Covid is just going to be the fall guy and an excuse for an already distressed bank.

1 Like

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by donbachi(m): 12:58pm On May 03, 2020
Don't mind him..naso isiokpo people dey behave..money wey him for carry give him people to take change their lives,him carry am go do eye service and na,staffs salaries him no fit pay.

1 Like

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Nobody: 1:23pm On May 03, 2020
OK, first thing first, Femi should stop all these nonsense he keeps doing.
How many people did he employed?
What business avenue did he create to employ people while he was in government?
How has he helped people during this covid-19?
What palliatives has he given out?
Access bank is just cutting his loss and moving on, what a sane company will do.
Everybody that donated money to the government did it for business sake but they never anticipated it will drag on for this long.

3 Likes

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by JBoy9(m): 1:27pm On May 03, 2020
FFK has skipped his medications again.
Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Wiseandtrue(f): 1:45pm On May 03, 2020
thisweekng:

Femi Said,

“You Gave 1 Billion Naira To The FG To Fight Covid 19 & The Next Day You Sacked Hundreds Of Your Loyal Staff. You Betrayed Your Workers & Turned Your Back On Them When They Needed You Most Because You Were More Interested In Ur Profits &Appeasing Buhari. @Myaccessbank SHAME ON U!”

“Worse Still You Shut Down 340 Of Your Branches! With A Stroke Of The Pen You Have Thrown Thousands Of People Into Unemployment At A Time When They Are Already Going Through Hell Because Of The Lockdown & You Have Destroyed Many Families.@Herbertwigwe How Do You Sleep At Night”?

https://thisweekng.com/2020/05/03/you-have-destroyed-many-families-femi-fani-kayode-blasts-access-bank-md-herbert-wigwe/
No wonder this terroristic FG is not saying anything

Them don use N1B shook him mouth

Anything to bring hardship on Nigerians is welcomed by him!!!

And someone will say, pray for your leaders, may Covid-19 locate them one by one

Send them quickly to go and meet God!!!

2 Likes

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Sunshineg5(m): 1:51pm On May 03, 2020
FFK should face his political desperation career and leave business men to run their businesses

The layoffs was well anticipated.

1 Like

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Nobody: 1:51pm On May 03, 2020
FFK is right this time, no sentiments!!!
Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by collaterales: 1:53pm On May 03, 2020
Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Carfreak966: 1:54pm On May 03, 2020
Most of the banks are former diamond branches. Just about 5% is the Real Access Bank branches. Well you cannot tell a man how to run his business or spend his money. If he likes he gives China 20Billion. Better start saving your money and establishing your small business. Don’t depend on Suit and tie job.

Na before before People day respect bank job. Dem go salute you like say you don win lottery.

If I tell you my experience with Keystone bank at bode Thomas that year ehh. From Ikorodu to Surulere I go use public transport. E get one time Way I enter one chance, they gave me a big cut on my arm, omo I carry my self go the branch make I show them say I don injure o (because if you no show them go give you query and reduce 2k from your salary) I carry blood enter I no send, I no shame. People wan help me clean blood I no even gree.

Hustle for your self. Just pretend as if you don’t have father or mother. Do like mad man

7 Likes

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 03, 2020
He is right. Apart from what he said, since the day access bank swallow bigger fish (diamond bank), it has hooked them, since then they have been struggling to keep afloat. This pandemic is just added woe. Why will they be only bank charging 460/$1 for online transactions while banks like GT, zenith and stanbic maintain 400/1. And when you want to receive inflow from them it's around 365 /$1 they credit you. There you will know something is not right with the bank. The earlier the better you are careful to transact business with them. They are in serious distress. Early this morning, I have transferred my cash away from them to better bank. That was the first thing I did today. Make wetin happened 5 years ago no come happen again. Na so e dey start.

2 Likes

Re: “you Have Destroyed Many Families”. Femi Fani Kayode Blasts Access Bank MD, Herb by davillian(m): 2:13pm On May 03, 2020
I believe no one should tell you how to run your business and what ever decision you make...
Regardless profit must be made nobody is ready to do business and be loosing...

3 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Sit At Home Updates In Anambra Everybody Obeyed - PHOTOS / Obi Style Of Dress Is The Worst Amongst All The Contestant / Do You Always Tell Foreign Nationals Positive Things About Nigeria?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.