Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,945 members, 7,814,200 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

The Scam Statistics From NBS - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Scam Statistics From NBS (8608 Views)

Peter OBI Showing Lawyers At NBA Conference Where He Gets His Statistics From / Sanusi: Nigeria Throwing Away Millions Of Dollars In The Scam Called Subsidy / Sokoto, Jigawa, Rivers, Ebonyi Are Capitals Of Poverty, Unemployment ― NBS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Scam Statistics From NBS by mrvitalis(m): 4:24pm On May 04, 2020
Firstly taken statistic from a sample of 21,000 people is stupid even for a primary school drop out when u are talking about state for 200 million people

Secondly its on record that the world bank said 87% of poor Nigerians are in the north ....and NBS are saying 42% of South east is poor ? And 22%of south south is poor

No one who has traveled to the South east would accept that almost 1 in 2 people make less than 2 dollars a day ....even farm workers the lowest in the south east earn more

Honestly during my foolish support of buhari I realised the hatred of yorubas towards igbos ...compare other years NBS stats when a none Yoruba was head and compare today ...

That stat is nothing but a display of hatred ....thank goodness the world Bank stats are independent and valid now let's compare

34 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by SciLab: 4:32pm On May 04, 2020
Concocted by DG of NBS, Yemi 'Oluwole' Kale the ewedu statistician. grin grin

We all remember his usual Oshogbo magic GDP and IGR which they claimed was greater than all of Eastern states put together, while Aregbeshola was owing worker 24 months salaries and civil servant became street beggars. grin

Truth will always find a way to reveal itself just like water will naturally find a route, regardless of all conjectures and concoctions. grin

grin grin

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by SciLab: 4:34pm On May 04, 2020
Go to yoruba civil service offices, they cook and sell pap and agidi inside their offices just to stay alive since governors hardly pay their salaries. grin

So where is the magic GDP and IGR that Yemi kale of NBS is talking about?

grin grin

25 Likes 4 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Ereolamide: 4:54pm On May 04, 2020
You're obviously in pain and writhing in sorrow because Yoruba are the least poor in Nigeria.

May your woes be long.

42 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Osaze007: 5:02pm On May 04, 2020
Looooool severrrrreeeeee pains

23 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Maduawuchukwu(m): 5:11pm On May 04, 2020
I have been arguing with the DG of NBS since this morning. His so called statistics do not allign with every day observation. Enugu that I am very familiar with has more than half of her people living under the poverty line? Very funny

16 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by helinues: 5:12pm On May 04, 2020
No one who has traveled to the South east would accept that almost 1 in 2 people make less than 2 dollars a day

grin

Here we go again, As expected, some people will definitely be in severe pains with the latest statistics from NBS

Had it been the report rate their region low, they would have been chest beating about it.

Sophisticated West ( SW) topping the list is giving them running stomach

grin cheesy

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Nobody: 5:14pm On May 04, 2020
This is the highest level of pettiness i have ever seen. It's pathetic. Igbos don't weeps. I wonder where you got yours from.

If you think it's ewedu statistics, you too publish your akpu statistics and life move on.

sad

39 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by ashacot: 5:18pm On May 04, 2020
When our leaders from the east see this post if they are truly on this forum, they will smile to themselves and say, truly our people are dull. As usual they don't blame us for not doing anything. But they blame other people. Smh for u all coming here to defend rubbish in the name of winning a useless tribal war

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by overall90: 5:22pm On May 04, 2020
We know the game.
Once any unexpected event exposes their lies and propaganda,they will start cooking up statistics.
@op don't worry yourself.this latest phoney statistics is nothing but a face saving measure considering how the level of. poverty in their region have been exposed during the covid19 lock down.
this very statistics. is on the same league with Lagos oil and their audio IGR.
it's the day this country that we will know who is who.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by seunmsg(m): 5:43pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
Firstly taken statistic from a sample of 21,000 people is stupid even for a primary school drop out when u are talking about state for 200 million people

Secondly its on record that the world bank said 87% of poor Nigerians are in the north ....and NBS are saying 42% of South east is poor ? And 22%of south south is poor

No one who has traveled to the South east would accept that almost 1 in 2 people make less than 2 dollars a day ....even farm workers the lowest in the south east earn more

Honestly during my foolish support of buhari I realised the hatred of yorubas towards igbos ...compare other years NBS stats when a none Yoruba was head and compare today ...

That stat is nothing but a display of hatred ....thank goodness the world Bank stats are independent and valid now let's compare

Yemi Kale was appointed as head of NBS by Goodluck Jonathan in 2011 on the recommendation of Ngozi Okonjo Iweala. He was responsible for the rebasing that catapulted Nigeria’s GDP to the largest in Africa in 2013. He was also responsible for all the beautiful statistics that Ngozi Okonjo Iweala was rolling out during her time as coordinating minister of the economy.

When Buhari came in, he gave us the statistics that showed that we were in a recession. He was a darling of you wailers. Buhari reappointed him in 2016 so that he won’t be accused of putting an APC member in that position in order to manipulate figures.

Now, put on your thinking cap for once and reread the rubbish you wrote about him. Why will Yemi Kale paint a rosy picture for the south west. Can you show us any statistics released by NBS since 1999 that doesn’t put the south west as the region with the lowest poverty rate in the country?

See, you don’t have to play the bigoted ethnic card all the time. Hold the governor of your region to account and stop chasing shadows. Playing the ethnic card when you should be lashing your leaders will only make things worse for your people.

61 Likes 10 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by FlyoruB: 5:48pm On May 04, 2020
When NBS statistics favour them, they brandish it all over social media while thumping their chests and deriding others. And when it doesn't, they try to discredit it. Smh.

30 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Liebermantic: 5:49pm On May 04, 2020
Immediately I saw Anambra having More poor people than Osun, Oyo and Ogun, I lost faith in the Statistics..
I quickly looked at the name of the Agency DG..
Not surprisingly, it is headed by Afonja..

Even a dead man in the grave would turn in his grave as the fake statistics is put out

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by LegendHero(m): 5:51pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

Can you bring any statistics conducted in Nigeria before Yemi Kale that placed SE over SW in poverty metrics?

If you can’t provide any of those said statistics then you have no integrity.

Is it a curse to always wail over everything?

31 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Corporate2020: 5:52pm On May 04, 2020
Why this thing come dry pain you like this?

5 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by mrvitalis(m): 5:52pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

Can you bring any statistics conducted in Nigeria before Yemi Kale that placed SE over SW in poverty metrics?

If you can’t provide any of those said statistics then you have no integrity.

Is it a curse to always wail over everything?
u want more ?

12 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by helinues: 5:53pm On May 04, 2020
Liebermantic:
Immediately I saw Anambra having More poor people than Osun, Oyo and Ogun, I lost faith in the Statistics..

Even a dead man in the grave would turn in his grave as the fake statistics is put out

Same man that gave us the statistics when we were about to enter recession which you guys believed with all your hearts.

This una pettiness na raised to power 6

20 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by LegendHero(m): 5:55pm On May 04, 2020
Liebermantic:

Even with the statistics conducted by Oxford Univeristy. Osun is above any state in Nigeria except Lagos.

The criteria used for determining poverty is complex and they take a lot of factors into consideration. In India, there are lot of rich people over there by numbers more than Angola but yet they are still categorized as on the the poorest people in the world.

Why must you guys cry at everything? Na you go say Dangote was rich because FG favored him but Innoson that almost all his sales are from the government will be termed independent of FG.

You guys have a lot of problem.

22 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by LegendHero(m): 5:56pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
u want more ?

Send the source.

8 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Sammy07: 5:58pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
u want more ?

The governing board of the bureau comprises of 15 members:

6 Political members from each of the six geo-political zone of the country appointed by the President and approved and confirmed by the senate.
9 Institutional members. The members are
The Minister of National Planning Commission or his Representative
The Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria or his Representative
The Minister of Finance or his Representative
The Minister of Agriculture or his Representative
The Minister of Education or his Representative
The group Managing Director NNPC or his Representative
The President Manufacturer Association of Nigeria or his Representative
The President of Nigeria Statistical Association
Statistician General and Chief Executive of the NSO as the secretary

19 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Nobody: 5:59pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

Everything na problem to you guys.

Whether poor or no poor.

People that are suffering knows they are suffering.

So I don't see need for this thread sef.

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by mrvitalis(m): 6:00pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

The governing board of the bureau comprises of 15 members:

6 Political members from each of the six geo-political zone of the country appointed by the President and approved and confirmed by the senate.
9 Institutional members. The members are
The Minister of National Planning Commission or his Representative
The Governor of Central Bank of Nigeria or his Representative
The Minister of Finance or his Representative
The Minister of Agriculture or his Representative
The Minister of Education or his Representative
The group Managing Director NNPC or his Representative
The President Manufacturer Association of Nigeria or his Representative
The President of Nigeria Statistical Association
Statistician General and Chief Executive of the NSO as the secretary

Oga have u seen the stats ...yes or no no long story

And yet it contradicts the world Bank report ?

Make una relax na this scam no go sale

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by mrvitalis(m): 6:00pm On May 04, 2020

2 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Sammy07: 6:01pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

You said World Bank said, 87% of Nigerians are poor.

Can you please tell this forum, how they conducted the research

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by FlyoruB: 6:02pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

Even with the statistics conducted by Oxford Univeristy. Osun is above any state in Nigeria except Lagos.

The criteria used for determining poverty is complex and they take a lot of factors into consideration. In India, there are lot of rich people over there by numbers more than Angola but yet they are still categorized as on the the poorest people in the world.

Why must you guys cry at everything? Na you go say Dangote was rich because FG favored him but Innoson that almost all his sales are from the government will be termed independent of FG.

You guys have a lot of problem.

They are very deluded. The same set of folks whom are reputed to depopulate their region in droves in search of greener pastures, are contesting poverty statistics that aren't in their favour. I think all those selective images they splatter on here, of mansions in the SE have really distorted their senses. The fact remains that the average igboman in the East is planning an exit from the region in search of better opportunities. #Fact. Rural Enugu dwellers are wallowing in steep poverty, yet they will have us believe that the entire state is another Dubai. They will be aright Las Las jawe.

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by mrvitalis(m): 6:02pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

You said World Bank said, 87% of Nigerians are poor.

Can you please tell this forum, how they conducted the research
You are asking me how world Bank conduct research ? A whole world Bank ...bro go n sleep

3 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by LegendHero(m): 6:03pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:
u want more ?

I will be uploading them one by one from NBS website.

This is 2003-2004 and 2009-2010 report.

In 2003-2004, Oyo was estimated to have the lowest poverty rate (38%) while Jigawa had the highest (95.3%). In 2009- 2010, Osun State had the lowest poverty rate (37.5%) and Jigawa remained the highest (88.5%). The greatest progress in poverty reduction between the two surveys was in Lagos State, which reduced from a 69.4% rate in 2003-2004 to 40.3% in 2009-2010.

SW thrashed the SE during those years

Source: NBS
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=poverty

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Sammy07: 6:06pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

You are asking me how world Bank conduct research ? A whole world Bank ...bro go n sleep

Yes, tell me how they arrived at the stats.

They went to the north / South to do head count? cheesy
Answer me?

12 Likes

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by mrvitalis(m): 6:07pm On May 04, 2020
LegendHero:

I will be uploading them one by one from NBS website.

This is 2003-2004 and 2009-2010 report.

In 2003-2004, Oyo was estimated to have the lowest poverty rate (38%) while Jigawa had the highest (95.3%). In 2009- 2010, Osun State had the lowest poverty rate (37.5%) and Jigawa remained the highest (88.5%). The greatest progress in poverty reduction between the two surveys was in Lagos State, which reduced from a 69.4% rate in 2003-2004 to 40.3% in 2009-2010.

SW thrashed the SE during those years

Source: NBS
https://nigerianstat.gov.ng/elibrary?queries[search]=poverty
My issue is not even which region have the lowest ratio...cos I know south south has the least poor people ...but to say south east 42% ...I would bet my B.Engr certificate ...it is impossible

Nearly 1 in 2 igbo survive by less than 700 naira a day ...SMH make una go sleep

Do u even know the GDP/ capital of igbos ?

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by mrvitalis(m): 6:08pm On May 04, 2020
Sammy07:

Yes, tell me how they arrived at the stats.

They went to the north / South to do head count? cheesy
Answer me?
For u asking me shows you lack the educational knowledge to even understand it even if I explain

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by totit: 6:12pm On May 04, 2020
SE don suffer today. grin

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Scam Statistics From NBS by Sammy07: 6:12pm On May 04, 2020
mrvitalis:

For u asking me shows you lack the educational knowledge to even understand it even if I explain

You're the educated illiterate that doesn't know how stats works.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagos Insists On Ban Of NURTW. "We Will Comply"-NURTW / Oyo Lawmakers Screen Olubadan And Arisekola's Sons For Cabinet Positions / Detained Nigerian Activist, Chido Onumah Has Been Released By DSS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.