Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,806 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) (3223 Views)

DJ Cuppy Eats Gold-plated Pounded Yam (pix) / Can You Marry Or Date A Person Who Eats Snakes? / Slay Queen Cooks & Twerks In Kitchen, 'daddy' Eats On Her Backside As She Twerks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Nobody: 8:21pm On May 04, 2020
If you were to ask your grandparents a secret diet to a long life, sand and gravel will surely not be on the menu.

However, Kusma Vati from Varanasi, an 80-year-old woman in India has left many shocked after she admitted that she has been eating sand and gravel for the last 65 years.

According to her, she was 15-years-old when she first ate sand and gravel to ease an upset stomach. There has been no looking back since then, sand and gravel have become a part of her diet.

Many people, her grandchildren included are worried about the side effects this strange diet may have on her health but she believes that chewing sand and gravel have made her teeth very strong saying they can bite into the “hardest stone”..

In a Daily Mail report, Vasti who works as a farm labourer said:

“I have been eating sand and gravel for around 63 years now, I love eating them and I don’t think they have any harmful effects.

“I haven’t suffered any problems in my stomach and mouth and my teeth are absolutely fine- if anything it’s made them tougher. I can bite into the hardest stone without a problem.’

Her grandchildren want her to stop but she claims the minerals in the sand have kept her healthy She said:

“My grandchildren insist I get medical help to get rid of this addiction but I see no need for it. I am healthy and fit all thanks to sand which is or rather was the secret to my well-being.”

In a report by Yahoo News, she says:

“I haven’t seen a doctor. For as long as I can remember, I’ve felt perfectly fine. I feel as though the minerals in the sand give me the energy to work in the crop fields.”

Vati first gathers the sand and gravel, stores it in a clay pot and allows it to dry completely before consuming it.

Vati is so addicted to eating sand and gravel that she spends hours in search of her staple diet and when she is unable to get sand she opts for stones which she gets from the walls of her house.
https://guardian.ng/life/meet-woman-who-has-been-eating-sand-and-gravel-for-over-60-years/

Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Nobody: 8:25pm On May 04, 2020
Wow, so food is this close to me and I'm here looking for garri and sugar to drink.

Abeg mek I carry shovel and bucket go outside fess. grin

7 Likes

Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by olamidedivotee(f): 8:25pm On May 04, 2020
Which kind thing be this
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Juliusmomoh: 8:26pm On May 04, 2020
Wonder shall never end
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Aboks(m): 8:26pm On May 04, 2020
J111333:
Wow, so food is this close to me and I'm here looking for garri and sugar to drink.

One truck load of sand 4 u grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Kosoco(m): 8:28pm On May 04, 2020
Mama from Jupita... FTC dedicated to Abacha for remembering us again.
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Nobody: 8:29pm On May 04, 2020
Aboks:

Carry am dey come my man, I go be there to open heaven gate for you on last day. grin grin
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Gazcon: 8:30pm On May 04, 2020
God have mercy on us.

1 Like

Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Aboks(m): 8:31pm On May 04, 2020
J111333:
Carry am dey come my man, I go be there to open heaven gate for you on last day. grin grin

Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by donbachi(m): 8:33pm On May 04, 2020
Make she try enugu sand and plateau gravel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by vanida6: 8:34pm On May 04, 2020
Nice achievement,,,,long life grandma"nah una sabi notin go do u mam

1 Like

Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by misreal(m): 8:48pm On May 04, 2020
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by drezzyx(m): 8:49pm On May 04, 2020
Finally i have seen it all.
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Nobody: 8:58pm On May 04, 2020
drezzyx:
Finally i have seen it all.
Not yet brother grin grin grin
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by zedegit: 9:57pm On May 04, 2020
J111333:

Wahala dey.
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:13pm On May 04, 2020
Aboks:

Guy sand don cost o
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Tajbol4splend(m): 10:14pm On May 04, 2020
donbachi:
Make she try enugu sand and plateau gravel.

E dey sweet ni
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by jbabalola52(m): 10:45pm On May 04, 2020
nice one thank god say we don see supplement for garri
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Babaseun1300(m): 10:52pm On May 04, 2020
Who marry her sef undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by elchapoo: 11:28pm On May 04, 2020
Maybe it can cure Coro too
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by finalboss(m): 11:28pm On May 04, 2020
End time woman

Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Breezzy(m): 11:40pm On May 04, 2020
One man's food is another man's poison
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Nobody: 12:00am On May 05, 2020
J111333:

abeg no try am o, stick to your normal pizza o.

When I was small, the smell of tipper carrying sand use to entice me
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Nobody: 12:12am On May 05, 2020
Abeg make I go Mars nii
This Earth don dey scary to me O cool
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by illicit(m): 4:23am On May 05, 2020
wetin she go poo
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Johntemmy(m): 7:00am On May 05, 2020
[quote author=J111333 post=89189046]Wow, so food is this close to me and I'm here looking for garri and sugar to drink.

Abeg mek I carry shovel and bucket go outside fess. grin[/

supporting you with one free load of gravel bro neat and tantalizing one

1 Like

Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Nobody: 8:19am On May 05, 2020
Chai wetin be dis?
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by danny56: 9:16am On May 05, 2020
I have seen a case like this before, it's demonic. Judging from her dressing you should know it's a spiritual matter. She's possessed.
Re: Meet Woman Who Eats Sand And Gravel (Photos) by Nobody: 6:52pm On May 05, 2020

(1) (Reply)

Most Young Girls Ain't Loyal / My New Girlfriend Shocked Me / She Has Been My Online Girlfriend For Over 4years But Doesnt Wana Meet Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.