Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,224 members, 7,839,182 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About (8930 Views)

Areas That Make Up Obio Akpor And Port Harcourt / Magnus Abe Inagurate Bats-Vanguard In Obio/Akpor And Port Harcourt LGAs / Breaking: Governor Wike Relaxes Proposed Lockdown In Obio-akpor And Port Harcour (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Dedetwo(m): 9:59pm On May 05, 2020
Donkalio:

The Rumous the ikwerre man claim today was occupied dorminantly by the Igbos before the Biafra War...when the Ijaw man with the help of Nigerian Forces chased the Igbos out from portharcourt & its neighbouring places, the Ikwerre man begged for their lives & properties, that they are not part of the Igbos, & the ijaw man have mercy on them. If the ijaw man had not shown mercy, who would had know the existence of ikwerre in their numbers? Or Obio/Akpo LGA?

Are you this deluded?
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Dedetwo(m): 10:02pm On May 05, 2020
Donkalio:

What do you even know?
The receipt of portharcourt was stamped & sign by Chief. Oju Daniel Kalio. & handed over to Harcourt Lewis.

Do you mean the interpreter? Remember there were more than one interpreter in the discuss.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Dedetwo(m): 10:03pm On May 05, 2020
PFRB:

You do not know anything about this. In the "Hagrives agreement" for the sale of Port Harcourt Kalio was just an interpreter. Has it occured to you that while 5 Ikwerre chiefs were mentioned in the agreement, only Kalio was mentioned. Was Kalio the amanyanabo of Okirika?

There were more than one interpreter in the saga too.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by SaintBishop: 10:12pm On May 05, 2020
Nawa undecided
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Kinematics: 11:12pm On May 05, 2020
24SEVEN:

[s]
I ain't got no beef with you or Okrikans. I just want to let you know that Trans-Amadi wasn't named after Amadi-Ama.

When was Amadi-Ama even incorporated into Trans-Amadi, wasn't it with the creation of Odili road that some of those areas opened up.. Odili road of yesterday. Was Amadi-Ama in any plan??

If you want history class, pay and I will teach you..[/s]

Wrong!
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Kinematics: 11:12pm On May 05, 2020
24SEVEN:

I ain't got no beef with you or Okrikans. I just want to let you know that Trans-Amadi wasn't named after Amadi-Ama.

When was Amadi-Ama even incorporated into Trans-Amadi, wasn't it with the creation of Odili road that some of those areas opened up.. Odili road of yesterday. Was Amadi-Ama in any plan??

If you want history class, pay and I will teach you..

Dont say what you dont know. Amadi Ama has been part of Trans Amadi since time immemorial. The name Trans Amadi came from Amadi ama.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by pazienza(m): 11:25pm On May 05, 2020
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Donkalio: 11:45pm On May 05, 2020
Dedetwo:

This is laughable. Original owners indeed.

Atleast, you have known the truth today.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Donkalio: 11:47pm On May 05, 2020
Dedetwo:

Are you this deluded?
The truth is always bitter my brother.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by afube: 12:02am On May 06, 2020
ITbomb:
I just know say Developers would flood here and try to annex Port Harcourt

Thank God say Biafra failed, the land grabbing no for get limit

your slowness knows no bounds........

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by afube: 12:17am On May 06, 2020
Eastlink:
What the meaning of this Ewu! How many times have you been warned to stop rushing to comment into every Rivers thread..
Stop creating a non-existent enemy for Ndigbo. You IPOB illiterates should be careful. IPOB fools. This is why reasonable Igbos have left the cyberspace for your likes, because you and the other idiot Kanu have succeeded in diverting from important issues.

I don’t know what to call this? If this is not pure ara what else. And for your information it is Ali which became Eli. You IPOB PR team should stop this nauseating ‘I must talk attitude’. Ndiuchu!

you are an utter ass wipe..............does kanu know you exist! anu mpama

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by DateMynd44(m): 12:28am On May 06, 2020
rOsy247:

No, thank you.
what's the reason for turning down?
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Nobody: 12:39am On May 06, 2020
Kinematics:

Dont say what you dont know. Amadi Ama has been part of Trans Amadi since time immemorial. The name Trans Amadi came from Amadi ama.
Thank you bro, School him!
Ikwerres are so bigoted and habour so much hate for their Okrika neighbours in Ph, Why?
because the Okrikans love ibos and Intermarry, even speak ibo languages, they even name their towns after Ibo like the Amadi-ama, Okujagu-ama all in Phalga.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by michae1004: 11:49am On May 06, 2020
Dedetwo:

I did not notice any name remotely Benin even to the standard of revisionist such as you. You can help point out any name with Benin connection.
Nwokem the confused ikwerres have said repeatedly that they are bini descendants. Who are you to dispute their history which was handed over to them from their forefathers. Let's learn to respect the wishes and opinion of others. IKWERRES ARE BINI PEOPLE.

1 Like

Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by michae1004: 12:34pm On May 06, 2020
gidgiddy:

Good for them
Very good of them.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 06, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Ikwerres are so bigoted and habour so much hate for their Okrika neighbours in Ph, Why?
because the Okrikans love ibos and Intermarry, even speak ibo languages, they even name their towns after Ibo like the Amadi-ama, Okujagu-ama all in Phalga.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by PFRB: 8:46pm On May 06, 2020
Lewis Harcourt never signed any agreement. In fact he never stepped into Port Harcourt or even Nigeria. he was the secretary of the colonies and based in London. In the letter to Harcourt Lewis he wrote thus:

) "I have already taken steps to acquire the land…the occupiers belong

to a single village named Diobu…I have the honour to enclose for your
information, charts, of the estuaries and Rivers in the neighborhood of the
proposed Ports and terminus of the Eastern Railway at Diobu or more
correctly Igwuocha…I would respectively ask your permission to call it Port
Harcourt and I anticipate that in the future, it will be one of the most
important ports on the coast of West Africa”

(Dispatch from Lord Lugard to the Secretary of State for Colonies, Lord
Harcourt, 13 August 1913, 22 May, 1914. London British Meseum/Colonial

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Abagworo(m): 10:02pm On May 06, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

No dear.
New Gra is in Oroazi(Phalga) community, unless you live in the mile 4 area or in the rumuadolu(opp. Presidential) area.

All of New GRA is Obio/Akpor. Check the land title of your property.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Abagworo(m): 10:10pm On May 06, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

Who are the ancestors of these people you called Okrika? They were Igbos from Isuama that settled there to found communities that later "accepted" sometimes being referred to as Okrika. Even the so-called Ogbum and Abali wete akso Igbo settlers from Isuama that later "accepted" to be part of a greater Ikwerre the same way Kalagbo and Orukwo who were from riverine later "accepted" to be part of greater Ikwerre. If a line was not drawn by non-Africans who saw the need to identify people through kingdoms and empires we wouldn't have all these ethnic groups but rather unique families living together.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Problemkid1: 10:20pm On May 06, 2020
Abagworo:

Who are the ancestors of these people you called Okrika? They were Igbos from Isuama that settled there to found communities that later "accepted" sometimes being referred to as Okrika. Even the so-called Ogbum and Abali wete akso Igbo settlers from Isuama that later "accepted" to be part of a greater Ikwerre the same way Kalagbo and Orukwo who were from riverine later "accepted" to be part of greater Ikwerre. If a line was not drawn by non-Africans who saw the need to identify people through kingdoms and empires we wouldn't have all these ethnic groups but rather unique families living together.
Abagworo please what is the name of this estate and can I get the full pics of the estate. Thanks

Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Abagworo(m): 10:38pm On May 06, 2020
Problemkid1:
Abagworo please what is the name of this estate and can I get the full pics of the estate. Thanks

Are you Nigerian?

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Problemkid1: 10:41pm On May 06, 2020
Abagworo:

Are you Nigerian?
Yes. From Anambra state? Please what is the name of the estate
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Nobody: 11:42pm On May 06, 2020
You don come oo,
Okrika is 101% Ijaw,
Ikwerre is 101% igbo...
lets not argue.
i guess you'll say ijaw is also Igbo?
if you say so I'll be very happy cos it'll be a sanity test.
i won't like to argue with insane people.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by PFRB: 10:41am On May 07, 2020
There were 5 Ikwerre chiefs namely: Nwogbo, Chima, Nwokekoro, Atako, Ubani, The payment was in bankdraft not cash.
Kalio was a fisherman and had been working as interpretr for the colonial officers. Okrika people speak Igbo, that is why Kalio was able to be the interpreter.

2 Likes

Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Eastlink(m): 8:58pm On May 08, 2020
PFRB:
There were 5 Ikwerre chiefs namely: Nwogbo, Chima, Nwokekoro, Atako, Ubani, The payment was in bankdraft not cash.
Kalio was a fisherman and had been working as interpretr for the colonial officers. Okrika people speak Igbo, that is why Kalio was able to be the interpreter.
This was how it happened.
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by IkwerrePikin: 7:29pm On Jun 12, 2020
Poloyanabo1:

They are part of Phc but not PHALGA.
the city has an lga, different from other lga's.

Nice one!
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by honfnj: 8:41pm On Jun 12, 2020
rOsy247:
New GRA (where I live) is under obio-akpor not PhC LGA
partly Obio Akpor, partly PHALGA
Re: The Difference Between Obio/akpor And PH Lgas 95% Don't Know About by Nobody: 10:36pm On Jun 12, 2020
honfnj:
partly Obio Akpor, partly PHALGA
Its 100% bro...
maybe the area she's staying might be rumuadolu(Obio akpor) apart from that Orazi, oroabali, oromerezimgbu, orochiri, and other host communities of new gra are located in Phalga including Rumukalagbor.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Edo North PDP Suspends Dan Orbih, Others / Davido Is Surrounded Himself With Death . Untold Story Waiting To Be Reveal. / For Southerners Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.