Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,137 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:36 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church - Religion (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church (78479 Views)

RCCG Refused To Allow A Lady Enter Their Premises Due To Her Dressing (Video) / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Socialproject: 10:16am On May 07, 2020
Flesh and blood did not reveal this to you, but our Father in Heaven. smiley
You are wise amongst many...
ibkayee:

Market (key service) to buy essentials vs church to do things you can probably do at home. Not everything can be shut but I think it's about weighing necessities

And for some reason, I don't think a lot of these pastors protesting the shutdown of churches are as concerned about their congregations missing out on the word as they're making out, there are alternatives to accessing 'church'

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by blowjob: 10:16am On May 07, 2020
sad sad PROPHET OF DOOOOM, GERAAA WAYYY. angry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by adar4222(m): 10:16am On May 07, 2020
abeybaba:
Baba said God spoke to him yesterday, how did he forgot to ask God for covid-19 cure so we can congregate again. Abi the communication was one-way?
grin grin grin savage. Abeg pity the old now!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 10:16am On May 07, 2020
mrcrabs:

Food isn't my problem sir, but it's very essential.

Youbcan open ur Bible in ur house and also do also do a family gathering and worship and also you can view services from the web.

But market is essential and mind you it's not only food you get in the market. So bros when you are reasoning always be open minded and don't allow religion cloud your judgment.

Bless and stay safe.
Sir BE sincere, When last did you Read your bible and have Quality time with GOD
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by PHijo(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2020
Golan007:

Multiply 100k by 100 million people then tell us what Nigeria's GDP is.

This is exactly my grouse with most Nigerians. We never really analyse the economy.

1. We don't have 100 million BVN in Nigeria
2. If we use an exchange rate of 400 naira per USD, giving 100 million people 250usd will amount to 25 billion usd . That amount can be raised by the state. Nonetheless, that is not the figure I am suggesting.
3. The figure I am suggesting should be close to 40 percent of 25 billion usd
4. Nigeria has about 40 million bvn. Meaning that 10 billion usd will be the most we would require for the scheme.
5. In terms of GDP, 25 billion USD is less than 7 percent of Nigeria's GDP.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by cassbeat(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:
Very unwise and foolish thing to do

They feel they are wise but they don't know they are Foolish!

They isolate GOD ALMIGHTY and they still call on HIM for Help!

Foolish Generation !
How did they isolate God Almighty? You can still fellowship in your house with your friends and family close to you, but can you buy everything in your house?
In your bid to make sense, you started talking in the nonsense.....

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by abeggnow: 10:17am On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential
u wont survive a month without eating but u will survive years without pray. I am a witness to this .
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by asamaigho(m): 10:17am On May 07, 2020
GamalNasser:
Oyedepo is wrong on this , Nigerians can pray at home , the only thing he is missing is the daily offering

dat is not d point bro.
are u saying covid is not contact-able in d market, but can only b contacted in d church?
because am findin it hard to see reason in this only sentinments and hatred against pastors.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Peppermintflav: 10:18am On May 07, 2020
If you are used to making 10-15 million every Sunday.... and for the past 10 sundays you havent seen 1naira, how would you feel?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ibkayee(f): 10:18am On May 07, 2020
Xda59:

They think we are fools. It is all about their every sunday revenue. They are all empty vessels and thieves.
It seems so

And it's so irresponsible of them
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by tonyimadu: 10:18am On May 07, 2020
Tissaia:
I noticed Igbo and yoruba are dragging themselves Lol, some are saying Amala is better than pounded yam, Semo and garri Ijebu, someone said Bishop oyedepo is Mbah and bankyW’s father lmao grin

I'm actually not interested in all these talks, I just want you to know that I'm here

PS. there's research conducted on atheist, all of them failed lie detector test when asked wether they believe God exist or not. The problems with atheist, they're angry with God for some reason best known to them. They're always paranoid, always arguing about God. They talked about God more than any religious person.
Please sir when wa's the research conducted and by whom. It would be nice if you shared a link so we all could learn from your great wisdom.
We wouldn't want someone else to come tomorrow and say a research was conducted on Christians without any evidence of such research.
Thanks
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by desiredhome: 10:19am On May 07, 2020
tenderjunkie:
Oga oyedepo with all due respect sir please stop saying rubbish.
Church business is over!
The most wicked and arrogant Pastorpreour among the Pastorpreours in Nigeria.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 10:20am On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:

So when u to Church, it's Man you go to Seek?
I really don't understand the Sort of Christianity we profess Today!
Sir, Ur Summation is totally uncalled for
Your own sort of Christianity is also strange
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Zulaykah: 10:20am On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

People should be allowed to church
Without food can u go to church
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by asamaigho(m): 10:20am On May 07, 2020
gretblue:

What about the Imams that supported his govt, is he punishing them by locking their Mosque too?
May God heal our country from religious bigot

in most northern states fridays were exempted even during lockdown.
abi u no hear say dem even burn pooice station for trying to stop their jumat service?
why all diz double standard?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 10:20am On May 07, 2020
dapadawee:

pls pardon me I have question
1.where is God and where is the market
2.how can we get to God and how can we get to the market.
3. can I get to God in my house in this lock down and can I get to the market in my house in this lock down.
4.did they just say lock all gathering to attack the church was that there intension.
5.God forbid war if there is a war in the world and instead of this pandemic it is bomb that is flying will they open church.
6.even during war people cease fire for food supply

Where your Treasure is, there will your Hear be..

If your Treasure is your Stomach... then enjoy yourself....

My Treasure is my Eternal Life , so whatever will help me to make Eternal Life is my Promary Focus
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Tobiloba2407: 10:20am On May 07, 2020
This man is just looking for money, let his go and lay hands and heal the sick ......scammers
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Zeeknow3245(m): 10:20am On May 07, 2020
gaby:
Na wa...

Na when I confirm the quote below from this man na dat day I know say in fact.... God get a lot to judge for this life.

"Oyedepo had in one of his messages which is being circulated online told his church members that the reason Job suffered losses was because he was not a tither".
You are damn right ooo. That is the lie he told them and they have ingested,digested and absorbed it oo
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Acidosis(m): 10:20am On May 07, 2020
ibkayee:

Market (key service) to buy essentials vs church to do things you can probably do at home. Not everything can be shut but I think it's about weighing necessities

And for some reason, I don't think a lot of these pastors protesting the shutdown of churches are as concerned about their congregations missing out on the word as they're making out, there are alternatives to accessing 'church'

You have a point dear. I'm focusing on the threats posed by the big markets versus the threats from a coordinated (with social distancing) church service.

Seriously, if the things we were told about Covid19 are true, at least 25,000 new cases should emerge from Balogun market yesterday. Let's not even talk about other densely populated markets like computer village and Idumota market.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by cassbeat(m): 10:21am On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential
Then pray in your house with your family... Wherever one or two are gathered in God's name HE IS THERE... E no matter your location
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 10:21am On May 07, 2020
Xda59:

You mean God won't acknowledge your gratitude if you spent that one tenth of your salary feeding the hungry and homeless or helping the poor people who are sick but don't have money to pay for their medications?
Thats your own belief, whay he believs in is working for him.
Please leave him
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Peppermintflav: 10:21am On May 07, 2020
asamaigho:

dat is not d point bro.
are u saying covid is not contact-able in d market, but can only b contacted in d church?
because am findin it hard to see reason in this only sentinments and hatred against pastors.

Nobody is saying that. Govt's not only Nigeria are trying to limit gatherings. Market is essential cos we cant live without food. Church on the other hand is different.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by carpdiemz: 10:21am On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:
Very unwise and foolish thing to do

They feel they are wise but they don't know they are Foolish!

They isolate GOD ALMIGHTY and they still call on HIM for Help!

Foolish Generation !

You are thinking with your anus , you want to speak for God , u must be one of the pastors pained by not getting tithes and offerings for now

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by rhames(m): 10:22am On May 07, 2020
Chimezirim121:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA6kHnwuJys
IT'S WRONG TO ALLOW PEOPLE IN MARKET FOR 6 HOURS AND NOT ALLOW PEOPLE IN CHURCH FOR 2 HOURS- OYEDEPO

You can say that again Bishop Oyedepo. The tithes are drying up.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Bar1941(m): 10:22am On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential

Can't you pray from your house just for now? Why are you people so gullibe?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by omolasho: 10:22am On May 07, 2020
abeybaba:
Baba said God spoke to him yesterday, how did he forgot to ask God for covid-19 cure so we can congregate again. Abi the communication was one-way?
You make sense abeg. In fact take kulikuli!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 10:22am On May 07, 2020
operotimi:

your father is foolish
So tell me the difference between you and him, Oyedepo defender
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mrcrabs(m): 10:22am On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:

Sir BE sincere, When last did you Read your bible and have Quality time with GOD

Bro I am not arguing here with you but the fact remains that we cannot eat the bible or Gods words..

You can worship anywhere and pray anywhere or do you think Bishop oyedepo does not eat food? Also you need to understand that this men of God might have one farm or the other where they get there foods or produce to eat so where then will you get yours in your backyard.

So leave Bible or quality time with God na person way chop for understand preaching. If you don't eat you won't process anything. As you can see in my post I am not ridiculing and Man of God but let's just say the truth when it matters it won't stop us from going to heaven

Bless and stay safe
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Kimply: 10:23am On May 07, 2020
There is a point to this. The market we all go to fills your physical taste while the church fills your spiritual taste. There should be some balance to everything.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by asamaigho(m): 10:23am On May 07, 2020
MasterJayJay:
Market offers essential services.

Church Building doesn't offer essential services.

Markets pay taxes to the government.

Church building does not pay tax to the government.

Humans need FOOD to live. You can worship GOD in your sitting room. Is God no longer Omnipresent?

But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.” (John 4:23)

Matthew 18:20 "Where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them."

Must they gather in hundreds and thousands?

Gather with your family members in your sitting rooms.

Anyone seeing this lockdown as a persecution against the Church is simply ignorant or a manipulative 'god of men'.

markets pay tax....am just hearing dat oo, abi na ticket and store be d tax?
u r obviously trying to be clever by half.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 10:25am On May 07, 2020
PHijo:

1. We don't have 100 million BVN in Nigeria
2. If we use an exchange rate of 400 naira per USD, giving 100 million people 250usd will amount to 25 billion usd . That amount can be raised by the state. Nonetheless, that is not the figure I am suggesting.
3. The figure I am suggesting should be close to 40 percent of 25 billion usd
4. Nigeria has about 40 million bvn. Meaning that 10 billion usd will be the most we would require for the scheme.
5. In terms of GDP, 25 billion USD is less than 7 percent of Nigeria's GDP.
What you are saying is nrralistic Oga
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 10:25am On May 07, 2020
Angelfrost:

The statements in bold are overtly subjective, and reek of personal bias... grin

But it is the bitter truth.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED / Bishop Abraham Chigbundu Called For Seed Sowing, Nobody Came Out (Photos) / Interesting - The Many Faces Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.