Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,402 members, 7,861,140 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 02:47 AM

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church - Religion (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church (78480 Views)

RCCG Refused To Allow A Lady Enter Their Premises Due To Her Dressing (Video) / Bishop Oyedepo: It Is An Insult To Say I Am Worth $150 Million, I'm Worth More / Bishop Oyedepo Dedicates Winners' Chapel VGC, Lagos, Built By A Single Member (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mmagu(m): 5:58pm On May 07, 2020
food is a necessity, church is a choice and you can do that at home.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 6:00pm On May 07, 2020
ayodejisure:

Yes I'm a relative if you care to know, We belong to the same family of God.

Jesus you sound like fun cry I hope you are a christ-like person and a beacon of light wherever you are and not a hypocrite like your fellow Christian brothers and sisters.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by ayodejisure: 6:02pm On May 07, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:

Jesus you sound like fun cry I hope you are a christ-like person and a beacon of light wherever you are and not a hypocrite like your fellow Christian brothers and sisters.
Don't start judgement now. Leave it to God, He knows who is serving Him
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by archdon: 6:08pm On May 07, 2020
He donated or the church donated? Trust me there is a difference.

The money donated belonged to the church last time I checked that's me, my "sane father" and you buddy.
When I give to pple( whom I assume u know are "Nigeria"wink its not from tithes and offering.

So don't ,come here lecturing me on what he donated and what he has done for this country.
And what he or the church donated does not excuse the "how else can I discribe it without using the words" foolish comment

ayodejisure:

My point is that you should stop disrespecting men of God, it's getting too much, you can oppose whatever they say or criticize them but not to the point of calling him a foolish man. The same man you called foolish donated so much to fight Covid-19, and he has always been doing so much in this country. what has your sane father donated ?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Langyplayer: 6:12pm On May 07, 2020
Temysteve:
You called a whole man of God foolish!!!! even if you don't knw him or you aren't from his church, or u aren't a Christian, such words are not suppose to come of your mouth. you've already cursed yourself, u don't need anybody to placed a curse on your. I'm not talking about not having money or being a broke a$$ nigga wondering the street looking tattered, but with such word to a man of God, you've already shattered your life, is better you go and beg God for forgiveness. You'll just be blabbing upandan with ur stupId mouth as if you can tell the man facially. I see you lack moral etiquette, so Barbaric and a retard€d old fool... Don't worry the society will teach you the right thing, sho lo stupid ni...
You are trying to correct someone and also making the same mistake you accused him of. Clean the spot in your eyes before helping others to clean theirs. You are not the Bishop's spokesperson. The Bible says we should correct with wisdom.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by XshegzzyeeiX: 6:13pm On May 07, 2020
emmasege:
There are alternatives to 'church gathering' as individuals can still meet at family or house fellowship level. But there is no alternative to going to market. People must feed.

Abi Bishop will feed his flock (tens of thousands) with physical food after feeding them with spiritual food? Jesus did it, Bishop should also do it.

Bishop Oyedepo should announce free lunch for all worshippers on Sunday with an additional #5000 pocket money for indingent worshippers every Sunday.

And let no pastor sermonise worshippers to give. The giving should be voluntary and the poor should not be made to feel as if they sinned by not giving or that they are blocking their source of blessings by not paying tithe.

The gospel has gone beyond the elementary doctrines of tithing, giving and prosperity.

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 6:14pm On May 07, 2020
dapadawee:

my simple question is how many souls have you won is it by gragra if you want to die for the gospel die in obedience and as a martyr not as a fool if you say you are winning souls what is adeboye olukoya kumuyi doing those people closed there church because they are wise people understand the times a time to fight and a time to make peace. you are saying you want to win soul when your own soul is lost in disobedience even evangelist mouka of the chosen charismatic close down church how many demons you done see pls my question is simple how many souls have you won you are lost you are not even getting the simple truth in the gospel right Abba. no one is scared of the pandemic but we are obeying the gospel. we know this thing is not done against the church if anyone say don't preach Jesus I can die for that but not the one that is said to protect the world at large
May the Lord Help you Bro..
May the Lord Grant u Understanding..
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by PHijo(m): 6:15pm On May 07, 2020
Janosky:

grin grin grin grin
Bros you wan give them expo ?

I won't abeg!
They won't use it for meaningful things.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by dapadawee: 6:20pm On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:

May the Lord Help you Bro..
May the Lord Grant u Understanding..

your understanding I don't want I pray God do not give me this type of your understanding. in Jesus name

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 6:21pm On May 07, 2020
ayodejisure:

Christ paid for my salvation already.... You should not tell me not to waste my time and money, afterall it's mine not yours. [b]Giving to God's work is not a waste, [/b]I can choose how I want to spend my time and money.

You mean giving to man, helping them buy flashy private jets, helping them build mansions, helping them build hospitals and schools their congregants will never be able to attend?

Wake up brother, its not to late to get out from the sunken state cry
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Nobody: 6:22pm On May 07, 2020
dapadawee:

your understanding I don't want I pray God do not give me this type of your understanding. in Jesus name
Amen!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by infogeneral: 6:25pm On May 07, 2020
"God is spirit and those who worship Him must worship in spirit and in truth." God is not confined to the alter of the church. People can pray and worship God wherever and whenever.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by keystone123(m): 6:35pm On May 07, 2020
Well, l pity some of us, we need to change our mentality as a Nigerian. The absence of church for a month is already showing, why people are do carnal minded like this? When we talk about leaders in this country it is not only the politician but the politician are the major focus because of their huge responsibility but don't forget that our Spiritual Leaders are also leader in the various capacity so also our kings, emirs and community leaders.

Bishop Oyedepo as one of the most respected spiritual leader in the country even across the world spoke and made his submission on the need for the Church to be open, is just an advise. As we also know that we are entitle to our own opinions. if Church are open Mosque will equally be open and each and everyone will be able to worship God properly. The directive can be given to the Churches and Mosques on the need to use hand sanitizer and people need to cover their nose give distance etc. If motor park, market, filling stations, etc can be open what stop the Church and the Mosque for been open. God is the only reason why we live till date, is the one who provides for all our needs during this horrible time. If you know how these our spiritual leaders are praying for this to end and praying for Government for divine direction and solution you will be surprise. The point is if you didn't believe in yourself you cannot believe in others. Let us change our mindset.

Bishop Oyedepo is only contributing his quotas for the peace and progress. You in your own capacity what contribution have you even make, what solution have you suggested since this issue of COVID 19 began ? The only thing we good at is to criticise Government / leaders forgetting that your contribution can provide solution, it will go a long way instead of criticism. Abacha loot too much, Obasanjo administration was not too bad, Yaradua too slow, Jonathan too bad this one is not good that one is bad as we use to criticise them. let me ask you which one is good in your eyes. Please let us provide solution instead of critics.

God bless our leaders, God bless, Nigerians, God bless Nigeria as a Nation. Amen.

3 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by thatigboman: 6:40pm On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential
it is not. At all
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by alexsoftwork(m): 6:41pm On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential

....then pray in your House.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by donmik: 6:46pm On May 07, 2020
There is nothing a true Christian will do/say that unbelievers will not criticize.

One thing u guys must know is that Christianity did go into extinction b4 now.

So don't even think u have had a way to suppress Christians.

Our Jesus is our weapon against you our enemies!

2 Likes

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by alexsoftwork(m): 6:46pm On May 07, 2020
TheAfricaQueen:
Mr Oyedepo, now more than ever, the Nigerian Church has shown it's self to be extremely non-essential. At the start of the year all the Nigerian churches proclaimed that 2020 would be our year, a year of GREAT HEALTH, GREAT WEALTH AND MAGNIFICENT BLESSINGS.

Well so far 2020 has been awful, and Nigeria and the world are staring at a recession/depression. So pastors of Nigeria, why didn't you people foresee this pandemic? Why are you not healing the sick COVID-19 patients? It just goes to show you all that their miracle shows are carefully choreographed drama shows.

Post COVID-19 expect empty seats in your churches, the people are waking up.

I pray ooo. I pray people wake up b4 I depart this planet earth.
I really wish people should stop going to church and mosques. Religion should be forgotten.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by keystone123(m): 6:48pm On May 07, 2020
akdjr:
Government should pass a bill on religion worship to be made strictly on line, on air. If u want to listen to your pastor/Imam sermon tune to radio or TV, or Instagram etc turn all the worship centers to Malls, Super marker, residential apartment etc.

Look at what you are saying. Do you believe in God at all. change your thoughts.

This world is a market place we shall all return one day to give account of what we do either good or bad.. Think about that. The religious house were not close nor sensor can you see how people misbehave, if it now turn to online how bad will it became? What of people who will not have access to worship online?

Let us think before we talk. It is not compulsory respond to every message

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by OtemAtum: 6:52pm On May 07, 2020
Chosen1984:
Very unwise and foolish thing to do

They feel they are wise but they don't know they are Foolish!

They isolate GOD ALMIGHTY and they still call on HIM for Help!

Foolish Generation !
God Almighty cannot be isolated because everything in Existence is part of God. It's Jehovah and Allah they isolated because they are useless and irrelevant to our world.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by highflyer012020: 7:16pm On May 07, 2020
Zooposki:
Never knew Oyedepo was this foolish. He should be advocating for them to open up schools and essential businesses before his yeye church. All this money hungry pastors sef.

you are a foolish and ignorant, for addressing Bishop Oyedepo. the more you isolate and prevent the church from gathering, the more the number of covid 19 continue to rise. the better the government understand that corporate prayer is a pancea to stop the plague the better. medical workers are even victims of convid 19, but when corporate prayers is permitted. God take over.

i know wisdom is far from you cos you reason from your anus, you will still disagree with me

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by kendrick93(m): 7:17pm On May 07, 2020
bongo4real:

True talk man.
A pastor made fun of me in church (RCCG VI) because I didn't stand during offering.
I was jobless and broke and I Respected myself when others are standing but he insisted that I stand pretending I have or leave the church.

Is this how Jesus thought as us to practice Christianity?
just imagine...
Most Pastors are no different from yahoo boys
Did you eventually leave?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by chisani(m): 7:20pm On May 07, 2020
First, it was pastor Chris, then Oyedepo on the need to Reopen the church. I don't have anything to tell them now. Las las na we the people be church not the buildings. Anyway don't let's us forget that Simach is topping the Gospel music billboard for the fifth week consecutive. Abegi make na take easy, the sun will shine tomorrow. ����
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by willyben(m): 7:22pm On May 07, 2020
@ zooposky, d holy book says touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm, mark my work your END has come. For you to insult a man of God. Ur END HAS COME!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by willyben(m): 7:24pm On May 07, 2020
Nd Nd all who are insulting pastors ur end has come also, continue and see!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by willyben(m): 7:35pm On May 07, 2020
And all who are insulting pastors ur end has come also, continue and see!!!
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Collinz2(m): 7:39pm On May 07, 2020
highflyer012020:

you are a foolish and ignorant, for addressing Bishop Oyedepo. the more you isolate and prevent the church from gathering, the more the number of covid 19 continue to rise. the better the government understand that corporate prayer is a pancea to stop the plague the better. medical workers are even victims of convid 19, but when corporate prayers is permitted. God take over.

i know wisdom is far from you cos you reason from your anus, you will still disagree with me
How many covid-19 patients has the so called man of God heal? Was churches not open before the virus started spreading? What difference will it make now? He should sit down and shut the Bleep up. He don dey find tithe and offering money.

1 Like

Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by hybridblood07(m): 7:41pm On May 07, 2020
You've spoken well Sir.
greypencils:
Like the church I attend we have been having house fellowship 3 times a week. And God hasn't been absent in any of our meetings. Do we miss large Sunday services, yes we do but then nothing happens for a reason. God is fully aware of what is happening. Simply pray for covid19 to be over. That's the solution to getting large corporate church services back and not arm twisting one Government . If we control the spiritual, then speak to covid19, cover yourself, your family members and church members with the blood of Jesus and wait. We don't need to be in a church building before we talk to God or worship God. We carry him in our hearts.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Collinz2(m): 7:41pm On May 07, 2020
willyben:
Nd Nd all who are insulting pastors ur end has come also, continue and see!!!
WHEN THE PASTORS ARE FOOLISH.
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by loswhite(m): 7:57pm On May 07, 2020
Ejima1:

Prayer is also essential
. So the only place you can pray is inside a church right?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by Candoit: 8:02pm On May 07, 2020
Therapyken:
SO?

Sleep...
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by lanrex101: 8:06pm On May 07, 2020
Who this one ep?
Re: Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church by mumu9gerian: 8:06pm On May 07, 2020
Toshy001:
i didn't expect any positive comment or contribution from u duh,ya nickname says it all..Mumu Nigerian:
As a matter of fact, i could be wiser than you.
Pls focus on the topic

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (Reply)

The Deception Of Malachi 3:10-11 "Devourer" And "Storehouse" EXPOSED / Bishop Abraham Chigbundu Called For Seed Sowing, Nobody Came Out (Photos) / Interesting - The Many Faces Of Jesus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.