Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,834 members, 7,831,703 topics. Date: Saturday, 18 May 2024 at 02:42 AM

Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives (5985 Views)

Subsidy: FCT Distributes 12,000 Bags Of Rice As Palliatives To Over 3m Residents / Senate Denies Fashola's Claim On Budgetary Allocations To Road Construction / FG Delivers 110 Trailers Of Rice And Grains To Kano As Palliatives (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Antoeni(m): 12:35am On Jan 06
The Chairman Senate Committee on Media and Public Affairs, Adeyemi Adaramodu has denied media reports that senators received rice worth N200million from President Bola Tinubu for distribution to their constituents as palliatives during the Yuletide.

However, a Senate source confirmed the development, saying some of the rice palliatives are yet to reach senators.

The Special Assistant to President Bola Ahmed Tinubu on on Social Media, Olusegun Dada on his official X handle on Thursday, confirmed the distribution of palliative items worth N200 million to senators and palliative items worth N100 million to House of Representatives members.

He said: “After initial logistics delay, I can now confirm that Senators and members of the House of Representatives have started taking stock of the Federal Government’s palliative items for their constituents as part of efforts to ease life for all Nigerians. Each HoR member received items worth N100m while Senatorial constituencies got palliative items worth N200m.”

Although Adaramodu could not be reached by our correspendent for comment despite spirited efforts, Premium Times in a report quoted him to have debunked the insinuation by saying that neither him nor his colleagues from other states in the southwest have received any palliative items from the federal government.

He revealed that he distributed food items and money to his constituents for the celebration of Christmas and New Year but that the purchase was paid for by him and not the federal government.

He was quoted to have said: “Was it the minister that said that or the president because as for me I have not seen anything.

If they had handed it over to us, you would see trailers loaded with food items across all constituencies in Ekiti State, Ondo and Oyo states and other states. Our people will even be happy to get the items from the federal government.

“As for me, Yemi Adaramodu, I have not received any food items from the federal government. The food I distributed to my people across my constituency was funded personally by me and that has been my tradition every year even while I was the Chief of Staff, before I got elected to the House of Representatives.

“I have read all these things on the internet too, many people are just saying a lot of things but for me, Yemi Adaramodu, I have not received any food items from the Federal Government, maybe when they give us, I will tell you.”

He insisted that it has been his tradition annually to distribute food items to his constituents since he was the Chief of Staff to the Ekiti State Government before he was elected into the House of Representatives and then the Senate.

“It is my tradition to distribute rice and money to my constituent members every year, I have done that this year independently and it is not from the federal government, I have not seen anything from the government.”

However, a source close to the Senate leadership confirmed that the allocation of rice to senators for onward distribution to their constituents is ongoing.

He however said while some may have received their, other are yet to get the consignment.

“I know that there is a provision to give Senators rice for their constituents. For instance my Senator has not received his and I believe there are many senators that have not received the rice. But am aware that something like that is going on, the source said.

https://thenationonlineng.net/just-in-senate-denies-receiving-rice-worth-n200m-as-palliatives/

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Antoeni(m): 12:40am On Jan 06
The Senate Leadership Under Godswill Akpabio is The Most Corrupt, Insensitive, Irresponsible, Unserious, And Directionless of All Nigeria Senate Presidents In History

42 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by DonFreshmoney(m): 2:49am On Jan 06
Each senator N200million and HOR 100million

Wandaful... how many senators and HOR members are there in again multiply by the amount?? This is craziness

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by cenaman(m): 5:41am On Jan 06
Something wey dem go divert half go sell.

3 Likes

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by wizelink(m): 6:14am On Jan 06
Naija politicians no dey eva dey agree anything. However, when dem deny then just know it happened.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by ClearFlair: 6:15am On Jan 06
APC
Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by tunjijones(m): 6:15am On Jan 06
For them to deny it, it means it true.

Una dey share 200m rice while your subjects wallow in abject poverty.

Why are black people this greedy?

32 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Mitsurugi(m): 6:16am On Jan 06
Then it's true

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Mitsurugi(m): 6:17am On Jan 06
DonFreshmoney:
Each senator N200million and HOR 100million

Wandaful... how many senators and HOR members are there in again multiply by the amount?? This is craziness

Oga no talk wetin you no sabi. If Akpabio didn't suffer a Freudian slip that day you for know?
Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Ekpoma1: 6:18am On Jan 06
What a shame. During the election you see them bring out all this palliative meant for the now in 3 years.

7 Likes

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by AbuTwins: 6:20am On Jan 06
People with fake news sha!

1 Like

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Akwamkpuruamu: 6:23am On Jan 06
Government of lies and Deceit

5 Likes

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by ObalendeCMS: 6:25am On Jan 06
Someone up their said, for them to deny it that means it's true.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry!

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by WhiteNRed: 6:27am On Jan 06
APC Urchins, i hope you received too

6 Likes

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by matify83: 6:41am On Jan 06
Palliatives are being distributed directly from FG,

Palliatives were distributed by Governors last time

Now, Palliatives are about being given to the national assembly members for onward distribution to their constituents.

When is government going to "empower" us to catch our own "fish" instead of always giving us "fish" through dubious channels?

All the monies being expended in these tokenism that has hardly scratched the surface of poverty and deprivation in the country could have been better deployed for effective poverty alleviation.

Is this how we will continue to wallow aimlessly in our quest to pull Nigerians out of poverty?

Is this how China was able to pull hundreds of millions of her citizens out of extreme poverty?

What is it with RICE that the only past time of government these days is SHARING RICE, as if it is gold.

Is this the best that our economic advisers can come up with at this stage of our nation's history?

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Dyfynezz12(m): 6:43am On Jan 06
200 m worth of rice is small nah compared to what is been looted in this country

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by mariovito(m): 6:53am On Jan 06
If they deny it, it's probably true

1 Like

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by UptownVibes(m): 6:59am On Jan 06
When they denies it,then its True.

2 Likes

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by omowolewa: 7:05am On Jan 06
Okay
Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Yampotatocarrot(m): 7:11am On Jan 06
Was that a mistake from the reporter or do they actually mean 200million worth per senator (as in one-one senator) and 100 million worth per HOR?

As in, there are 109 senators in Nigeria × 200 million = 21.8billion

360 HOR × 100 million = 36billion

Abeg, how person fit get this kind contract... Even if Na to supply just half or 1/4 of the total number needed

4 Likes

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by symbianDON(m): 7:12am On Jan 06
Tinubu's obsession with rice!!!! Always about sharing audio rice....na only rice we go de chop??

1 Like

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by FireUpNow(m): 7:16am On Jan 06
Good move

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Goalnaldo(m): 7:23am On Jan 06
APC is a Party of Denial

1 Like

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Donedeal1(m): 7:23am On Jan 06
The major problem with Nigeria

Everyone is very poor

When it comes to receiving

Help or assistant from government

Simply because there is no space for

Contentment in Nigeria.
Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Quebec91(m): 7:25am On Jan 06
cheesy
ObalendeCMS:
Someone up their said, for them to deny it that means it's true.

I don't know whether to laugh or cry!
Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by easyfem(m): 7:30am On Jan 06
i remember during covid when we didnt know until masses enter street and took what belong to them ..... now this criminal deny it ... black pple with black mind.. why cant u just take many to ur family and give the rest to masses at-least , but they want to take everything , just like the way they are stealing all our money ...... this is too much

2 Likes

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by LOVEGINO(m): 7:35am On Jan 06
I just dey pity online warriors. After one minister don cast dem for berekete TV say dem give dem rice worth 200m. I pity us.

1 Like

Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by Nahunger(m): 7:35am On Jan 06
Normally, Una go use shame play the matter low,
Make e no be like say senators dey chop rice.

Deep down my fellow senators we both know say Hunger dey town grin grin grin and I'm not smiling 😊
Re: Senate Denies Receiving Rice Worth N200m As Palliatives by SALLYBERRY01(m): 7:42am On Jan 06
Ok

(1) (2) (Reply)

120 Days After, Ribadu Committee's Report Not Ready / Delta To Introduce Automated Fare Collection In State-owned Buses / Picture Of The Incoming Nigeria's First Family!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.