Stats: 3,151,296 members, 7,811,885 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:15 PM

Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu (10958 Views)

Margaret Idahosa Cries, Visits Archbishop Idahosa's Mausoleum / Archbishop Obinna Attacked In Imo Catholic Church During Mbata's Burial / Benson Idahosa & David Oyedepo: 40 Similarities Between The Archbishop & Bishop (2) (3) (4)

Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by OEPHIUS(m): 3:50am On May 10, 2020
*“Stop Quoting Church Leaders Out Of Context,

..Charges media to embrace accurate reporting on measures against COVID-19

The Chairman of the Christian Council of Nigeria, Enugu State chapter, Archbishop Barr. Christopher Ede, has stated that he did not announce that ban on religious activities have been lifted in Enugu State, as is being erroneously peddled in the media.

Speaking through his media aide, Rev. Kene Ugwu, over a report credited to him to the effect that Enugu State has lifted the ban on religious activities, Archbishop Ede, wondered how "a state that still bans all religious activities throughout the days of the week both for the churches and mosques can be said to lift ban on religious activities" .

The cleric clarified that he only sent a memo to CCN member churches to continue to abide by the rules and regulations of the Nigeria Center for Disease Control (NCDC) on social distancing protocol and other precautionary measures, "as they seek room for intercession to God to help the nation in the war against the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) beginning from Sunday, May10, 2020" .

He added that it was not his duty to announce the lifting of ban on religious activities in the state .

"As leader of the CCN in the state my duty is to continue to encourage the faithful to guard themselves against whatever will heighten the spread of the virus", he said.

Consequently, the Archbishop called on the media to embrace accurate and objective reporting in order to help win the war against the virus.

According to him, "inaccurate reporting is capable of misleading the public into actions that could make the war against the virus more difficult or spreading fear in the minds of the public".

He therefore prayed for God's intervention in the fight against the pandemic.

http://igberetvnews.com/1350497/announce-ban-lift-religious-activities-enugu-state-archbishop-ede/

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by Wickedfact: 4:16am On May 10, 2020
How is that our problem?
Hope they have tracked the criminals who hacked Ugwuanyi's Sagem phone.

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by inoki247: 4:17am On May 10, 2020
His he d Governor of the state ni abi aw e go take lift ban on wetin e no get power over.....

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by barule: 4:17am On May 10, 2020
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by Xsem(m): 4:30am On May 10, 2020
grin that's why we need the implementation of the social media bill.

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by tallerSSS: 4:31am On May 10, 2020
My pastor confided in me to tell me that he is broke... This is the worst time for church business and prospective investors.. grin grin grin grin grin

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by tallerSSS: 4:34am On May 10, 2020
Micheal Ndifreke.. is the most beautiful girl in Akwaibom and Nigeria currently. smiley
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by SooCute(m): 4:40am On May 10, 2020
Tittle will not kill African man.
Even his Grace?

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by MidaserveNG: 4:45am On May 10, 2020
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by lpowel: 4:46am On May 10, 2020
OEPHUIS:
The Chairman of the Christian Council of Nigeria, Enugu State chapter, Archbishop Barr. Christopher Ede, has stated that he did not announce that ban on religious activities have been lifted in Enugu State, as is being erroneously peddled in the media.

Charges media to embrace accurate reporting on measures against COVID-19....

please don't
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by NisforNicky: 5:04am On May 10, 2020
dhd
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by DRJECKYLL(m): 5:14am On May 10, 2020
your eminence, i thought you will do greater works than christ. heal the sick.

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by helinues: 5:21am On May 10, 2020
Is the Archbishop so powerful to announce the opening or closure of Churches in Enugu?
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by Hisincrease: 5:48am On May 10, 2020
All these media guys attacking clergymen should just rest naa. Leave them alone.

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by keko14: 5:52am On May 10, 2020
God heal ur land
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by janedonez(m): 6:23am On May 10, 2020
Every one is denying to have said something. Ok
Was a ghost who made all these statements.
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by joshuaidibia(m): 6:38am On May 10, 2020
Xsem:
grin that's why we need the implementation of the social media bill.

I know you're joking, so I won't insult you like a normal NL.

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by jrusky(m): 6:40am On May 10, 2020
inoki247:
His he d Governor of the state ni abi aw e go take lift ban on wetin e no get power over.....

Just ignore them dome people are naturally mischievous in everything.

How can Bishop lift govt ban? Does that make any sense?
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by uremski(m): 6:50am On May 10, 2020
My guy beg once....
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by StrikeBack(m): 7:57am On May 10, 2020
Rubbish news
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by Glorymax: 7:58am On May 10, 2020
I don't really know how people reason sometimes. The Federal government's statement on relaxing lockdown insisted that anything that will bring large crowds together for now will not be permitted, which includes religious gathering.
Also with the cases increasing in Enugu, what's the rationale for allowing such gathering for now? The report is true and I learnt that some churches are holding even as I type now. If the state enforcement team is at hand, they should swing into action immediately and correct this anomaly.
I understand that's where some persons business are and they will be eager to start up. Precautionary measures seems very difficult to practice in this part of the world, only when it's too late they tend to heed the warning

The pain of this is that the actions and inactions of others will affect everyone because we share the same social space
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by BadBradley: 8:08am On May 10, 2020
The archbishop was only confusing himself. How do you practice social distancing when churches are closed?
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by chubinwa(m): 8:30am On May 10, 2020
Is he the owner of Madonna and caritas university?
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by Okoroawusa: 8:44am On May 10, 2020
I support social media bill. These bloggers are becoming something else.

One day they will report that the capital of Nigeria has been moved to Sambisa n some people will believe them
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by IFEOLUWAKRIZ: 9:33am On May 10, 2020
chubinwa:
Is he the owner of Madonna and caritas university?
He is not the father Ede you are referring to.

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by WINDSOW(m): 11:04am On May 10, 2020
tallerSSS:
My pastor confided in me to tell me that he is broke... This is the worst time for church business and prospective investors.. grin grin grin grin grin
grin grin grin grin U jst blow lie wey blow pass lil kesh career.

Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by Nobody: 11:28am On May 10, 2020
Methodist Church Arch Bishop
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by Sososo(f): 3:17pm On May 10, 2020
It's like a rumour which spread like wildfire cause people were really trooping to church in their numbers
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by Legendguru: 3:25pm On May 10, 2020
Re: Archbishop Ede: I Did Not Announce Lift On Ban Of Religious Activities In Enugu by Obec70(m): 5:14pm On May 10, 2020
This is cheap blackmail, how can a clergyman announce lifting of a ban as in the governor of the state or director NCDC? Mischievous people!

My Archbishop God's grace is sufficient for you.

Who Is Going To Heaven? / Mothering Sunday Or Mother's Sunday? / Thread To Activate Spiritual Defence Against Gun And Knife.

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63