Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,750 members, 7,831,400 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 06:12 PM

160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja (47959 Views)

300 Men, 83 Women, Child Evacuated From UAE Arrive Abuja / Nigerians Evacuated From Dubai Protest, Say They Are Treated Like Prisoners / This Is How Human Waste Is Evacuated From An Aeroplane. (photos And Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by noble87(m): 2:17pm On May 10, 2020
Fejous:
We should remember that some Nigerians travelled to various countries around the globe for business or other purposes before the outbreak of coro. They never intended to stay back in those countries because they have business and/or family ties in Nigeria that require attention. The returnees are not those who are habitual residents, but Nigerians who travelled and intended to return home, but were stranded abroad. Not every Nigerian wants to live abroad and no one hustling in America �� will like to come back.

How did you know that the returnees are not herbitual residents? Biko they should have stayed there oo that's my on take.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by PigTormentor: 2:17pm On May 10, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
Jesus Christ, why would someone willingly coming back to Nigeria from Yankee, I will rather die there.

This is how people that have never been on a plane reason. Is like saying, how can a man divorce a very beautiful woman. You have to be in his shoes to understand. I'm an American and I'm living in Nigeria by CHOICE.

2 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by planetx: 2:20pm On May 10, 2020
drakeli:

Trust me. Those are Nigerians with travel plan already to visit their families in Nigeria. Who will see opportunities of free transport and not take advantage of it? That’s the true picture

For Buharis mind now, he thinks he was evacuating people fleeing covid 19

Free transport to visit families? And since the US government have said international travel will not likely resume this year how do you think they will return back to the US since we are still in May. Or do you think the Nigerian government will now evacuate them back to the US. The way you people reason is something else, I don't understand why people think everyone wants to live permanently in the US. And it is definitely not free, even American citizens evacuated paid thousands of dollars so Nigerian government is not evacuating anybody for free.

3 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Roon9(m): 2:31pm On May 10, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
Jesus Christ, why would someone willingly coming back to Nigeria from Yankee, I will rather die there.

Or free transport
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Roon9(m): 2:32pm On May 10, 2020
Fejous:
We should remember that some Nigerians travelled to various countries around the globe for business or other purposes before the outbreak of coro. They never intended to stay back in those countries because they have business and/or family ties in Nigeria that require attention. The returnees are not those who are habitual residents, but Nigerians who travelled and intended to return home, but were stranded abroad. Not every Nigerian wants to live abroad and no one hustling in America �� will like to come back.

Better o
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Oshkosch: 2:34pm On May 10, 2020
To be honest, I don’t mind being sold as a slave to the United States. We don’t have rule of law in Nigeria.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Kenturkey048(m): 2:35pm On May 10, 2020
sonnie10:

I am still wondering how #50m is enough to enjoy life to the full in Nigeria.
It can’t build 12 flats for rent
On fixed deposit, the most you would get per annum is #3m which is barely 250k a month.
So how do you mange life with such amount if you decide not to hustle anymore?
where exactly can't 50million build you 12flats ?

Or you just wan talk ni ??

250k a month nor reach you flex,,,are you kidding me

Why do we like building dreams on quick sand ??

2 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Laid2001: 2:37pm On May 10, 2020
Africans are dying disproportionately in the US Covid-19 crisis.

So it may be better to come back to Nigeria for now and hide in your village till the deaths blow by.

1 Like

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Kenturkey048(m): 2:40pm On May 10, 2020
Vlibray:
Why person go leave US for Nigeria??
because the person get working brain....

I don see so many Nigerians with American passport living in Nigeria....in matter of fact the whole family of my former boss na american citizen but them dey live for Nigeria.....

No be the way una dey think am e bee....

4 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by efavour: 2:46pm On May 10, 2020
Nbote:
Me reach US and agree to b evacuated back to dis shithole? Impossicant
If you're here now without insurance. Don't pray to get sick oh, you might not survive it cos you won't get adequate care

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by lakesider(m): 2:46pm On May 10, 2020
The poor always think they are smarter than the rich... Same reason some still living in Nigeria think they are smarter than those that have seen both sides.

2 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by tonididdy(m): 2:47pm On May 10, 2020
It's like this.
If you have never left Nigeria you would never know the feeling.
It's a feeling of curiosity and home-sickness.
The moment I take off from Nigeria... Right in the skies am already missing home...

2 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by zubby4567(m): 2:49pm On May 10, 2020
nairalandankrah:
Evacuating your Nationals in other countries with foreign airlines,
While foreign nationals in your country are being airlifted by their own domestic airliners
Shamelessly Evil politicians
I hve already posted something about d wickedness of this country
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Bianda24: 2:50pm On May 10, 2020
Amist high level of corona virus in the United States, I won't think twice if given the opportunity to go to the States.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Americanboy35: 2:52pm On May 10, 2020
some just came here on vacations and got stucked here, and when this opportunity arises they grabbed it, not everbody fancy living in the US

2 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Tapout(m): 2:53pm On May 10, 2020
Fejous:

thank you... I guess this is the only reasonable reason why any sane person would willingly board that plane bk to Nigeria.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 2:57pm On May 10, 2020
Nice one from FG. Meanwhile sub your Dstv and gotv from home and contact us for any issues.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by haryorbarmie83(m): 2:58pm On May 10, 2020
PigTormentor:

This is how people that have never been on a plane reason. Is like saying, how can a man divorce a very beautiful woman. You have to be in his shoes to understand. I'm an American and I'm living in Nigeria by CHOICE.
oga forget that, I have traveled to 7 counties, but if am opportune to be in Yankee, except my status change bye bye to Nigeria. Is by choice u staying in Nigeria. Get a life my choice is different from yours.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Kobojunkie: 3:05pm On May 10, 2020
LibertyRep:
With a death of about 1500 in a day in US, it must have been a very tough decision for them.

The irony is that even with the current situation of things in the US, some people wouldn't even blink twice before jumping on the next available flight should they have the opportunity.

Next available flight to where? To a country where even it's own poor are afraid to utilize the available healthcare services(the would rather self medicate)?
No one i know of here wants to jump on a plane anytime soon, nevermind a plane to of all places, Nigeria
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Adegokenath(m): 3:10pm On May 10, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
some of them are on business trip
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by PigTormentor: 3:14pm On May 10, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
oga forget that, I have traveled to 7 counties, but if am opportune to be in Yankee, except my status change bye bye to Nigeria. Is by choice u staying in Nigeria. Get a life my choice is different from yours.

You have been to " 7 counties" but you have NEVER been to the US. That explains your gullibility. You should try and get a real life.
There are some Nigerians living in Togo and don't plan on coming back here, there are other foreigners living in Nigeria too, who don't plan on going back to their countries. There are many foreigners who love Nigeria more than their own countries. I even know some.
Most of the ones making these outlandish claims of never coming back to Nigeria, have never been out of the country.
You guys just remind me of Nigerians who complain that their siblings are not sending them enough money from abroad, when they finally get the chance to travel then they understand why.

3 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by haryorbarmie83(m): 3:17pm On May 10, 2020
PigTormentor:

You have been to " 7 counties" but you have NEVER been to the US. That explains your gullibility. You should try and get a real life.
There are some Nigerians living in Togo and don't plan on coming back here, there are other foreigners living in Nigeria too, who don't plan on going back to their countries. There are many foreigners who love Nigeria more than their own countries. I even know some.
Most of the ones making these outlandish claims of never coming back to Nigeria, have never been out of the country.
You guys just remind me of Nigerians who complain that their siblings are not sending them enough money from abroad, when they finally get the chance to travel then they understand why.
I don't have much time to argue with you, you been an American citizen and decided to live in Nigeria say it all. Your mumuish no be here.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by rhames(m): 3:18pm On May 10, 2020
fergie006:

http://saharareporters.com/2020/05/10/breaking-160-nigerians-evacuated-united-states-arrive-abuja

seventy five per cent (75%) of them are carrying US Passports and were part of the first runaways when COVID_19 started in Nigeria sometime in February 2020.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Dollabiz: 3:22pm On May 10, 2020
Really
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by masterP042(m): 3:22pm On May 10, 2020
ghettochild4u:

The reason he said he would stay back there...
I for one can't cope in naija for just electricity sake...
For that reason I cant come back even if na rented house I dey leave for abroad as long as m existing... Free that thing u dey talk..
Na my peace of mind matter..
If am safe n secure here.. Why shd I come back to Nigeria n be hearing up nepa, 1 million boys are coming, police kill innocent, army stab man to death, kidnappers demand ransom, bokoharam invades yola, Okada ban in Lagos, agberofight for bustop chairmanship, tanker catch fire.... Loss of life n properties
as I said, na your money.. My brother, those that live in banana island, maitama etc. they no dey complain all these shiit.
Notwithstanding, na your choice, even if u dey live for heaven or hell, what I know is that no be everybody wey dey there better pass us, so make una take suffery dey hype the place.

2 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by Bora26: 3:24pm On May 10, 2020
haryorbarmie83:
some people went for vacations.. To visit their children and grandchildren,some for business...

1 Like

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by APOSTLECHUMA: 3:24pm On May 10, 2020
Can anybody look carefully at the picture of the airport and tell me why fed govt did a replica of the golden dome of al aqsa mosque in east jerusalem at abuja airport ? Nigeria is a hypocrite muslim nation, go fully islamic like iran, they will not, present the country a true secular state that she is, stil they wil not and continue to erect islamic symbols everywhere, while true islam like boko-haram is fighting for, they dont want.
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by mu2sa2: 3:24pm On May 10, 2020
fk001:

Because you have never been there before, if you have you will definitely miss home at some point.

In fact, even if it was 2 months vacation you will start missing home. Home is home nothing can replace it
Don't mind the fooools. They want them to stay in a country that coro has killed 70,000 and infected 1 million. Any human being there isn't safe, not even the president.
Ipigs have low IQ sha.

2 Likes

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by mu2sa2: 3:26pm On May 10, 2020
APOSTLECHUMA:
Can anybody look carefully at the picture of the airport and tell me why fed govt did a replica of the golden dome of al aqsa mosque in east jerusalem at abuja airport ? Nigeria is a hypocrite muslim nation, go fully islamic like iran, they will not, present the country a true circular state that she is, stil they wil not and continue to erect islamic symbols everywhere, while true islam like boko-haram is fighting for, they dont want.
Mr man, go and replace it with the golden cross of the Vatican so hbp won't kee you. Your apostleship go soon end be that.

1 Like

Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by remele2(f): 3:29pm On May 10, 2020
josite:

calm down.send ur cv

U mean am abi na part of nairaland way of calming pple down
Re: 160 Nigerians Evacuated From United States Arrive Abuja by ajl: 3:37pm On May 10, 2020
haryorbarmie83:

I hope that you just didn't bring a curse upon yourself. Be careful what you wish. America is not the heaven on earth that it is presented as. Americans are good brand marketers and they have done an excellent job marketing their country.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The LAGOS STATE They Don't Let You See (video + Photos) / Passenger Stuck In Traffic, Missed Indonesia Crashed Flight / My Experience Traveling To Ghana By Road.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.