Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,624 members, 7,823,748 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:25 PM

Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? (1671 Views)

Oyinbo Man Does Press-up As His Fiancee Rests On Him In Pre-wedding Photos / Lady Sits On Top Of Her Fiance To Take Selfie As He Does Press-up In Pre-wedding / Man Does Press-Up As His Fiancée Lies On Top Of Him In Cute Pre-Wedding Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Gentle0wavez: 11:37am On May 11, 2020
Guys please ( cuz I no that girls and press up no dey mix at all ), since the lock down started I have been doing more of indoor exercises. When I started doing press up, I told myself that in one month of everyday practice I will able to do up 35 at a go. One month Don pass since, I am still struggling to reach 20. To be sincere, I was not always faithful to my schedule, like I can go two days without practice, but with the little effort I put in I am dissapointed with the results. I spoke with a friend who does sports often and he says that he can do up to 40, but he have done 70 out of fear one day that he ran in to trouble with Soldiers and they asked him to do press up as punishment. What do you think, am I just LAZY ( as my mom would say) or are my standards too high??
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Millennialaku(m): 11:54am On May 11, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
are my standards too high??

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
its been up to two months i did push up last, but i did 30 at a go this morning(quite low sha)

back when i used to be dedicated to it(during my IT period)

i made sure i did at least 45 every morning and 30 in the evening. i was very dedicated to it for like three months, so my tolerance got quite high.

TIPS: at the point you feel you cant go any further is when you have the chance to increase the number you can do, keep going.

i mix counting in reverse with the normal way of counting when doing push ups

1-10
20-1
1-5
5-1

cool cool cool cool

3 Likes

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Gentle0wavez: 12:01pm On May 11, 2020
Millennialaku:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
its been up to two months i did push up last, but i did 30 at a go this morning(quite low sha)

back when i used to be dedicated to it(during my IT period)

i made sure i did at least 45 every morning and 30 in the evening. i was very dedicated to it for like three months, so my tolerance got quite high.

TIPS: at the point you feel you can go any further is when you have the chance to increase the number you can do, keep going.

i mix counting in reverse with the normal way of counting when doing push ups

1-10
20-1
1-5
5-1

cool cool cool cool

Thanks bro, I will try your advice
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Couzy21(m): 12:21pm On May 11, 2020
You can try by breaking sets into reps, i.e You go for 10 reps in a set, rest and repeat until your arms give out, it's better than stressing yourself on straight 35 reps
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Mavereek(m): 12:44pm On May 11, 2020
I can do 70 straight. But i usually do 50 closed arm and 50 wide arm push up every morning. Total of 100. I can do up to 300 when I'm In the mood.

7 Likes

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Dreiwizzy: 12:49pm On May 11, 2020
I go up to 400 in the sequence of 40-20-40(100) x4

2 Likes

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Nobody: 1:13pm On May 11, 2020
grin I pushed myself to do 5 pushups in a go. Worse mistake... I'll stick to jogging rather...
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Gentle0wavez: 1:58pm On May 11, 2020
Mavereek:
I can do 70 straight. But i usually do 50 closed arm and 50 wide arm push up every morning. Total of 100. I can do up to 300 when I'm In the mood.

Jesus, are you Samson

1 Like

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Greystone: 2:51pm On May 11, 2020
For now i can't push past 45 at a go.

I'm so lazy now.

I used to do 60 some years ago.

1 Like

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Kingsteve(m): 2:54pm On May 11, 2020
I dey chop 20 at a go.
Take a breather...then chop another 20.
Total=40

The chest still never pump out as I want.

1 Like

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Youngboss54(m): 2:58pm On May 11, 2020
Highest has bin 112, due to a bet with guys i do workout with in school. But on a regular, i can go 80-90
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Saintly01(m): 3:40pm On May 11, 2020
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Genesils(m): 3:48pm On May 11, 2020
I seldom do push ups abi na press up you call am... But I have a fit body.. 6pcks..muscle chest...

I didn't want to so I won't look somehow if I start undecided grin
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Nobody: 4:11pm On May 11, 2020
Saintly01:
Same with me
But when am weak I end it at 40-45
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Nobody: 4:14pm On May 11, 2020
keep it up..u go soon even reach 100
but hyope u not keeping fit cos of woman

1 Like

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by finalboss(m): 4:26pm On May 11, 2020
Dreiwizzy:
I go up to 400 in the sequence of 40-20-40(100) x4
Woh I cant even do 2 self angry
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Dreiwizzy: 4:30pm On May 11, 2020
finalboss:

Woh I cant even do 2 self angry
Sarcasm? Lol
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by finalboss(m): 4:35pm On May 11, 2020
Dreiwizzy:
Sarcasm? Lol

grin grin

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by finalboss(m): 4:38pm On May 11, 2020
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Nobody: 4:42pm On May 11, 2020
20 push ups in the morning for a starter is not bad, don't overwork yourself.
All you need is to keep fit, don't kill yourself while at it because lots of people have cardiovascular health issues without knowing.

For me, I don't count while doing push ups and sit ups, I just stop when I feel I'm done but don't look at people like me because you don't know what we do. Just keep fit averagely and you'll be fine.

1 Like

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by GeneralPula: 4:44pm On May 11, 2020
For me, it’s 20 per stretch..

3 stretches per day, which makes it 60 push ups in a day.. Just got through with afternoon stretch about 2:30pm..

Night stretch is usually about 6/6:30pm..

1 Like

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by sirzee1660(m): 5:17pm On May 11, 2020
Me self no fit reach 8 push up am very lazy but eh ,when my hostel roommate tink am very lazy that I can't do anything stressful...so they began to look for my trouble to the extent they will even slap me I will b the one beging till the day I beat up the biggest dude in my room the guy bleed and was begin for his life since than no body dey look for my trouble although I surfer in the hands of school authority if not that I have Godfather's in the school I for say bye bye to academic.....say no to violence

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by killbill95(m): 5:31pm On May 11, 2020
there was a time I couldn't do just 2 push ups. den I started training my body cos my guys dey always mock me. now I fit do 30 at a go although hav stopped since dis coro outbreak. d highest hav done at a go is 38. wen I get strength I fit do 20 five times making it 100
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by arnoldogiamien: 8:40pm On May 11, 2020
Gentle0wavez:
Guys please ( cuz I no that girls and press up no dey mix at all ), since the lock down started I have been doing more of indoor exercises. When I started doing press up, I told myself that in one month of everyday practice I will able to do up 35 at a go. One month Don pass since, I am still struggling to reach 20. To be sincere, I was not always faithful to my schedule, like I can go two days without practice, but with the little effort I put in I am dissapointed with the results. I spoke with a friend who does sports often and he says that he can do up to 40, but he have done 70 out of fear one day that he ran in to trouble with Soldiers and they asked him to do press up as punishment. What do you think, am I just LAZY ( as my mom would say) or are my standards too high??
Too lazy. I do 200 within 2 minute 26 seconds

2 Likes

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Nobody: 8:52pm On May 11, 2020
I do 50 (at least) at a go in 5 sets at least yet I'm not ripped. Well, I'm not frequent at it though.
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Offpoint: 8:56pm On May 11, 2020
My limit is 3... I once tried to impressed someone with 5, I almost passed out.

1 Like

Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by themaestro08(m): 9:02pm On May 11, 2020
Mavereek:

Hats off to you man!
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Gentle0wavez: 9:15pm On May 11, 2020
arnoldogiamien:
Una don Motivate me. I Don vex
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Gentle0wavez: 9:15pm On May 11, 2020
arnoldogiamien:
Una don Motivate me. I Don vex
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Gentle0wavez: 9:18pm On May 11, 2020
lefulefu:
keep it up..u go soon even reach 100
but hyope u not keeping fit cos of woman

Yes oh na my mama, she Don too insult me for this house say I too lazy I no dey do exercise.
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by akaahs(m): 9:23pm On May 11, 2020
30 minimum of exhausted after exercise but 70 minimum when not exhausted.
Re: Push Ups ( Press Up). How Far Can You Go??? by Nobody: 9:47pm On May 11, 2020
Gentle0wavez:

Yes oh na my mama, she Don too insult me for this house say I too lazy I no dey do exercise.
ok that one is understandable grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Bitcoin Lessons / What Is The Craziest Thing You Did To Get Out An Uncomfortable Situation / I Am Still Alive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.