Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,080 members, 7,863,800 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:46 AM

Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! (1035 Views)

Had It Been Emefiele Is From North, Yorubas Will Never Condemn Him / Before You Condemn Wike, Deal With Apapa First Like Wike Dealt With Modu-Sherif / Imo: I Have Been Wrong, I Will Never Condemn Nnamdi Kanu – Ralph Uwazurike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by ProfOlu(m): 12:04pm On May 11, 2020
Never Condemn Wike This!!!

Copied

*The real reasons the hotels were demolished.*

RIVERS LAWMAKER, HON. KELECHI NWOGU BARES HIS MIND ON THE DEMOLITION OF TWO HOTELS BY GOV. WIKE

On May 4, Governor Nyesom Wike gave an executive order that every hotels in Rivers State should suspend operation, as a way of curbing the spread of COVID-19. A stern warning was issued against any hotelier planning to disobey this order, and it was clearly spelled out that such hotel would be demolished.

Let us not forget that about eight out of the 21 confirmed cases of coronavirus in the state emanated from hotels, including a returnee offshore worker who lodged also in one of the hotels in Rivers State.

After the order was given, almost all the hotels suspended operations, but two recalcitrant hoteliers continued operating despite the warnings and directives. When Rivers State COVID-19 Taskforce visited Prodest Homes Motel, Eleme, members of the taskforce were BEATEN, and their vehicle SEIZED. As I type this, one member of the taskforce is HOSPITALIZED after sustaining serious injuries from the attack unleashed on them. I wonder why people are fixated on demolition and not talking about the offense committed.

The said hotels are in rural areas, imagine if their activities bring COVID-19 to that area, the community transmission would be colossal.

To let you know that the action of the state government has no political undertone, the young man declared wanted by the government is even the PDP youth leader in Eleme. The taskforce found him in that hotel, he immediately sent thugs to beat them up and SEIZED the government vehicle.

For those who are of the opinion that the buildings should have been sealed off, I want you to know that the government took that hard decision to serve as deterrent to others, because some hoteliers would deliberately flout the order if they know their hotel won't be demolished as earlier stated. DON'T FORGET THAT NO MANSION CAN EQUATE THE LIFE OF ANYONE. We are talking about a matter of life and death here.

Finally, let us be law abiding citizens; by so doing, the government will tackle this pandemic quickly and normalcy will return.

*Hon Kelechi Nwogu*
Copied.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by Righteousness89(m): 12:06pm On May 11, 2020
I am not Suprised! I knew there were Cogent Reasons for the Demolition

2 Likes

Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by helinues: 12:08pm On May 11, 2020
Lame excuse..
Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by ProfOlu(m): 12:09pm On May 11, 2020
Righteousness89:
I am not Suprised! I knew there were Cogent Reasons for the Demolition

There is a reason for every actions.
Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by socialmediaman: 12:15pm On May 11, 2020
What happened to sealing the hotel and prosecuting the owners? We shouldn’t help our leaders to become monsters. That hotel will be rebuilt by Rivers taxpayers’ funds when the owner sues.

4 Likes

Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by Slynation(m): 12:16pm On May 11, 2020
Well reasonable measures taken if that's the case...

2 Likes

Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by shugabasbn: 12:20pm On May 11, 2020
Don't need to explain anything. Did Governor warned them yes or no? Yes. Did they knw d outcome of disobedience! Yes or no? Yes.
Did the Governor not the elected leader of the state? Yes.
The ultimate gift of this life is life n Wike did the needful. Until we have the trail of Idiamin n add a little of North Korea leader will can never move forward.
My friend used to say something da law is not made for the righteous

3 Likes

Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by Gandollar(f): 1:09pm On May 11, 2020
helinues:
Lame excuse..

Rivers State government action is a good example of strong institutions.

Imagine the fear in the hearts of others now. If only our leaders and those entrusted with positions of authority know that if they loot, they will be caught. And if they are caught, there will be consequences. You can't even begin to imagine the benefits of that to this broken nation.

Some countries of this world still execute humans for offense committed against the state.

When Kwara demolished ile arugbo, none of you hypocrites condemned the action.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by Gandollar(f): 1:11pm On May 11, 2020
socialmediaman:
What happened to sealing the hotel and prosecuting the owners? We shouldn’t help our leaders to become monsters. That hotel will be rebuilt by Rivers taxpayers’ funds when the owner sues.
The owner is free to sue. But the judge got nothing on executive orders.
Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by helinues: 1:15pm On May 11, 2020
Gandollar:

Imagine the fear in the hearts of others now. If only our leaders and those entrusted with positions of authority know that if they loot, they will be caught. And if they are caught, there will be consequences. You can't even begin to imagine the benefits of that to this broken nation.

Some countries of this world still execute humans for offense committed against the state.

As usual, political party first before being human.. So Wike can't use his executive order to seal the hotel instead of wasting another money to destroy the building

Should FG also make use of his executive order on Rivers State, na you people go still dey shout Tyrant upadan.

Go and read about a Governor in Kenya, Nairobi Governor precisely, Mike Sonko. He is currently stripped from his position even though he still the governor. He was arrested, handcuffed, taking to court..

That's the real executive order.. Hope you guys won't say otherwise should FG also flex his muscle.

BTW, always get your facts right before making false accusations. It is on achieve/record here on NL that I condemned Gov Abdulrasaq for demolishing Ile Arugbo...

2 Likes

Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 1:21pm On May 11, 2020
shugabasbn:
Don't need to explain anything. Did Governor warned them yes or no? Yes. Did they knw d outcome of disobedience! Yes or no? Yes.
Did the Governor not the elected leader of the state? Yes.
The ultimate gift of this life is life n Wike did the needful. Until we have the trail of Idiamin n add a little of North Korea leader will can never move forward.
My friend used to say something da law is not made for the righteous

Just like NK and Uganda moved forward grin
Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 1:22pm On May 11, 2020
Gandollar:

Why do nairanlanders justify evil with evil, cause kwara demolished ile arugbo, wike now has the justification to demolish an hotel, paying levy, employing riverians and generating revenue for the state

Wike’s action and strong institutions won’t demolish a structure for violating an executive order

Look beyond enforcing executive order, look at the kind of power these politicians are wielding cause of this pandemic, it’s showing their tyrannical and dictatorship side and you’re all applauding
Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by HITMEUP4ANYBIZ(m): 1:36pm On May 11, 2020
Gandollar:
The owner is free to sue. But the judge got nothing on executive orders.

Executive order doesn’t supersede the constitution and any executive order made must be backed by the constitution, so tell me how Rivers state house of assembly has been able to pass wike’s executive order in few days during this lockdown

Pretty sure if the building wasn’t demolished, no one will hear bout wike’s executive order
Re: Never Condemn Wike READ This!!! by kay10: 1:46pm On May 11, 2020
I can see that a lot of people here are dumb and stupid.so if I disobeyed law like what is happening in river now, the next thing for government is to destroy my property, to me, a governor like wike is suppose to be a mentor not a destroyer, right now, the worst thing that can happen is to lock the hotel and persecute the management of the hotel for not abiding to the law, not that you will use your discretion to make people cry especially at this crucial times,from own opinion, wike is grossly mad and a son of a bastard from another source.

(1) (Reply)

Is The Niger Delta Still Part Of Nigeria? / ISWAP Drops Leaflets In Yobe, Threatens “war” Against Government, Officials / Fasten Your Seat Belts Nigeria Is About To Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.