Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,628 members, 7,955,304 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:58 PM

PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! (1703 Views)

Official Website Of PDP Nigeria Is Suspended, No Confirmation From Party Officia / Court Orders INEC To Register Young Democratic Party / The Official People's Democratic Party Presidential Primaries Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by PapaBrowne(m): 6:48am On Jan 14, 2011
I dislike the PDP for their continued plundering of the Nigerian treasury! I would happily see it crumble to pave way for more credible ideology based parties!!

But no, I'm changing my mind! Todays Primaries as I watched on TV are the best I have seen anywhere. The transparency and organisation of the whole event was beyond impressive!!

No other Nigerian party would have the courage to conduct its primaries live on TV; neither the acclaimed ACN nor the puritanical CPC. These other parties are just rubber-stamp organisations for certain individuals.
Tinubu owns ACN, while Buhari owns CPC. What goes on in these parties is no democracy. Only the PDP exhibits true internal democracy.

Once again I am very impressed and I can't believe I've just opened a thread to sing PDP's praise!!!

If you watched the primaries , lets hear your comments!!
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by jaybee3(m): 6:53am On Jan 14, 2011
I'm with you on this poster. It was impressive and surely no one can claim foul.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by IbroYaya: 6:58am On Jan 14, 2011
PDP remains the best party so far.

They proved it once more
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by ekubear1: 7:02am On Jan 14, 2011
I didn't watch, just listened to the radio version online.

They've bought a lot of goodwill imo, at least in the short term.

Well done, GEJ and PDP.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Pk001(m): 7:23am On Jan 14, 2011
PDP is the best.

I wish other parties will copy from PDP and transparent.

ACN is busy imposing family members and friends as flag bearers against the peoples choice.
They will be surprised by PDP if they are not careful.

What PDP needed was good leadership and now they have it in a transparent way. Sky is their limit.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Nobody: 7:33am On Jan 14, 2011
@ OP, you've said it all.
no mind all dis yeye people clamouring for tifnubu's acn.
some of these northern politicians just want to ride on the popularity of buhari.they dont really share his ideology not to talk of practising it.
Up Goodluck!!!
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by semid1(m): 7:34am On Jan 14, 2011
TRUE!. . .exactly why I'm a card carrying member of the PDP. grin wink cool

PDP. . .Power to the people

Power to the people. . .PDP
wink kiss grin
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Afam4eva(m): 7:37am On Jan 14, 2011
Na waoo, The same party wey una dey criticize before the primaries.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Mobinga: 7:43am On Jan 14, 2011
Sham! False! Fallacy!!

The Media is the most powerful instrument.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by KnowAll(m): 9:23am On Jan 14, 2011
[size=14pt]The fact is the sham of the primaries was commited in the states. By the time the delegates got to Abuja they have been panel-beating into a shape like a mother scolding an unruly child. Is that democracy, I suppose so, only in Africa uhmmmm[/size].
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Abagworo(m): 9:37am On Jan 14, 2011
All these PDP men on nairaland there is nothing good from PDP.They have ruled us for more than 20 years and nothing to show.IBB is a PDP member and I counted his 8 years as part of the PDP years.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by philip0906(m): 9:40am On Jan 14, 2011
afam4eva:

Na waoo, The same party wey una dey criticize before the primaries.
Abagworo:

All these PDP men on nairaland there is nothing good from PDP.They have ruled us for more than 20 years and nothing to show.IBB is a PDP member and I counted his 8 years as part of the PDP years.
Have u 4gotten that Nigerians have short memory?easily carried away in a temporal moment of "bliss"?All of a sudden,d monster PDP,is democratic. . .what a pity
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Lagosboy: 9:42am On Jan 14, 2011
KnowAll:

[size=14pt]The fact is the sham of the primaries was commited in the states. By the time the delegates got to Abuja they have been panel-beating into a shape like a mother scolding an unruly child. Is that democracy, I suppose so, only in Africa uhmmmm[/size].

Spot on Buddie, Nigeriians should not be fooled. These delagets we panelbeated by their various governors to vote in a certain way after they have collected money. I remeber during the primaries of 2003 in a western states, an insider told me of how the governor made delegates swear an oath in a coffin before handing them substantial bribe money.

Atiku and GEJ both bribed but the governors support is what swayed the delegates. The delegates were policed about from the hotels to whop they speak to etc. GEJ has won and congratulations to him!

This however , does not take away the fact that we should kick out PDP from Nigeria.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Nsiman(m): 9:45am On Jan 14, 2011
I watched it from 6pm till dawn, in an uninterrupted way, It was not just free and fair but transparent. This why i always say that former uniform men are dictators even after service and real civilian (non uniform) shld be our leaders. Gej has prove it. Kudos to him and the pdp
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by blacksta(m): 10:11am On Jan 14, 2011
I am highly disappointed at number of posters who have been simply brainwashed by sham we saw on tv yesterday.   It is well know fact that across all parties most notable PDP that primary results are determined by   highest bidders and another fact is that Governors control state delegates and if you ever fall out of line with your governor your days as a pdp state delegate are over.

What we simply saw yesterday was result of back office mago mago and ji biti.

PDP is a still a party full of murders, thieves and all other evil vices.  Are you aware that aware all murder charges were dropped by GeJ and his Camp against Tesilm folarin so that the man could be at Abuja yesterday.

The Sooner we get rid of PDP , ACN  and the other rubbish parties the better Nigeria will be.

It is sad and correct to say " NIGERIANS are their own worst enemies"
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by philip0906(m): 10:13am On Jan 14, 2011
blacksta:

I am highly disappointed at number of posters who have been simply brainwashed by sham we say on tv yesterday. It is well know fact that across all parties most notable PDP that primary results are determined by highest bidders and fact is Governors control state delegates and if you ever fall out of line with your governor your days as a pdp state delegate are over.

PDP is a still a party full of murders, thieves and all other evil vices. Are you aware that aware all murder charges were dropped by GeJ and his Camp against Tesilm folarin so that the man could be at Abuja yesterday.

The Sooner we get rid of PDP , ACN and the other rubbish parties the better Nigeria will be.

people r talking cool
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by jensinmi(m): 10:36am On Jan 14, 2011
blacksta:

I am highly disappointed at number of posters who have been simply brainwashed by sham we saw on tv yesterday.   It is well know fact that across all parties most notable PDP that primary results are determined by   highest bidders and another fact is that Governors control state delegates and if you ever fall out of line with your governor your days as a pdp state delegate are over.

PDP is a still a party full of murders, thieves and all other evil vices.  Are you aware that aware all murder charges were dropped by GeJ and his Camp against Tesilm folarin so that the man could be at Abuja yesterday.

The Sooner we get rid of PDP , ACN  and the other rubbish parties the better Nigeria will be.

It is sad and correct to say " NIGERIANS are their own worst enemies"

@blacksta: Thank you sir

PDP and ACN are the worst culprits in today's Nigeria.

The things that have gone on in Ekiti this week are mind boggling.

Imagine that ingrate called Governor Kayode Fayemi. Despite the goodwill Ekiti people showed him to get him to his current position, he turned around and insisted on subverting the will of the people in determining their representatives in the National Assembly and State Assembly.

I think he wants to die young. He should know the consequences of his action will be like a Tsunami that his levees cannot withstand.

FOOL!!!
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Lagosboy: 10:40am On Jan 14, 2011
jensinmi:

@blacksta: Thank you sir

PDP and ACN are the worst culprits in today's Nigeria.

The things that have gone on in Ekiti this week are mind boggling.

Imagine that ingrate called Governor Kayode Fayemi. Despite the goodwill Ekiti people showed him to get him to his current position, he turned around and insisted on subverting the will of the people in determining their representatives in the National Assembly and State Assembly.

I think he wants to die young. He should know the consequences of his action will be like a Tsunami that his levees cannot withstand.

FOOL!!!

Oh has the primaries been conlcluded now ? I thought it was cancelled or something. Fayemi is just learning from his master Ojuyobo
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Ibime(m): 10:42am On Jan 14, 2011
@ OP,

Yeah, the democracy of brown envelopes!
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by jensinmi(m): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2011
@ Lagosboy

Ekiti Central Senatorial seat is still not concluded.

Ekiti North and South Senatorial Candidates have been rigged-in and imposed.

House of Rep and State Assembly seats are still being postponed, fought about, disrupted, and every other thing in between.

What right does Gov. Fayemi have to threaten Local Governments saying that, If they do not elect his candidates, they will see no development in their region over his period as Governor??
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Lagosboy: 11:00am On Jan 14, 2011
jensinmi:

@ Lagosboy

Ekiti Central Senatorial seat is still not concluded.

Ekiti North and South Senatorial Candidates have been rigged-in and imposed.

House of Rep and State Assembly seats are still being postponed, fought about, disrupted, and every other thing in between.

What right does Gov. Fayemi have to threaten Local Governments saying that, If they do not elect his candidates, they will see no development in their region over his period as Governor??

Oh Gosh Oh gosh, I remember Fela song that "same old politian wey rule Nigeria before, sma old politician wey spoil Nigeria before"

It seems we are just recycling bad eggs everytime but as a student of Tinubu politics i dont expect anything less from him. Imposition is what destroyed PDP and it is what will destroy AC as well. I pity Ekiti indegines at this point as they showed Fayemi loads of goodwill in his time of struggle and need. He would make Fayoshe look like a saint if he does not retrace his steps.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Gbawe: 11:18am On Jan 14, 2011
PapaBrowne:

If you watched the primaries , lets hear your comments!!

My man, I credited you with more basic intelligence than this and I can only conclude you are temporarily too carried away with euphoria to know what you are saying. After the PDP gave Nigeria 11 years of gross misrule, "do or die" rigging (being overturned daily) and "one of the worst elections in the history of man" you proclaim them "Nigeria's only true democratic Party" based on one internal election? Do you know what Akala recently got away with in Oyo? Do you know of how OBJ conducted his own election for his daughter in his library because she lost to Abiola's daughter ? It is clear you are still high .
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by philip0906(m): 11:25am On Jan 14, 2011
Gbawe:

My man, I credited you with more basic intelligence than this and I can only conclude you are temporarily too carried away with euphoria to know what you are saying. After the PDP gave Nigeria 11 years of gross misrule, "do or die" rigging (being overturned daily) and "one of the worst elections in the history of man" you proclaim them "Nigeria's only true democratic Party" based on one internal election? Do you know what Akala recently got away with in Oyo? Do you know of how OBJ conducted his own election for his daughter in his library because she lost to Abiola's daughter ? It is clear you are still high .
Its just a pity my broda. . .Nigerians can be easily carried away.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Nsiman(m): 11:28am On Jan 14, 2011
@ blacksta, why are littering nl with these ur evil ranting? U better appreciate smthing good
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Mobinga: 11:29am On Jan 14, 2011
Gbawe:

Thank You. 11 Years of Gross Misrule covered by 12 hours of an impressive election.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by philip0906(m): 11:31am On Jan 14, 2011
Nsiman:

@ blacksta, why are littering nl with these your evil ranting? U better appreciate smthing good
please what's d good 2 be appreciated?
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Nobody: 11:34am On Jan 14, 2011
Mobinga:

Thank You. 11 Years of Gross Misrule covered by 12 hours of an impressive election.

i have to say it - Mint!!!!!!

+1000

jubilation because of a nanosecond of ghana must go honour among thieves
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by debosky(m): 11:38am On Jan 14, 2011
All politics in Nigeria has a strong element of money involved.

That said, you cannot compare that to the use of state instruments of power to eliminate or force out candidates as we saw while OBJ was president. In this current case, no candidates were disqualified - those who pulled out did so a while ago under their own volition and were not pressured into doing so. Once the delegates were in place, no manipulation of votes took place.
T
he clear difference in what was carried out yesterday and what took place previously should be recognised and applauded.

Ultimately, we don't know whether this will improve the standard of governance, and many think it won't - that is the grouse of many on this thread.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Gbawe: 12:13pm On Jan 14, 2011
debosky:

All politics in Nigeria has a strong element of money involved.

That said, you cannot compare that to the use of state instruments of power to eliminate or force out candidates as we saw while OBJ was president. In this current case, no candidates were disqualified - those who pulled out did so a while ago under their own volition and were not pressured into doing so. Once the delegates were in place, no manipulation of votes took place.
The clear difference in what was carried out yesterday and what took place previously should be recognised and applauded.

Ultimately, we don't know whether this will improve the standard of governance, and many think it won't - that is the grouse of many on this thread.

That is because this is a very different era with very different players. In 2006 , OBJ was bullying others out of the way for his choice (Yar Adua) and not running as GEJ is in 2011. The approach today has to be different especially because Jonathan is "breaching" an alleged zoning arrangement. What was possible during OBJ's days is not possible today. We are not here because Jonathan allowed democracy to thrive . We just had a situation where Jonathan , unlike uber bully OBJ, was 'checkmated' enough that he had no option but to allow a tranparent Presidential primaries . This is why folks like Abagworo , even as I dont agree, argue that a weak President is good for Nigeria. We forget it was the same Jonathan that wanted his appointees to vote as delegates until that attempt was truncated.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by Nobody: 12:19pm On Jan 14, 2011
many nigerians are just too short-sighted.is it not the same pdp that has impoverished our nationhood for years and some people here are licking their azz ?

shocked shocked shocked
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by debosky(m): 12:22pm On Jan 14, 2011
Gbawe:

That is because this is a very different era with very different players. In 2006 , OBJ was bullying others out of the way for his choice (Yar Adua) and not running as GEJ is in 2011. The approach today has to be different especially because Jonathan is "breaching" an alleged zoning arrangement. What was possible during OBJ's days is not possible today. We are not here because Jonathan allowed democracy to thrive . We just had a situation where Jonathan , unlike uber bully OBJ, was 'checkmated' enough that he had no option but to allow a tranparent Presidential primaries . This is why folks like Abagworo , even as I dont agree, argue that a weak President is good for Nigeria. We forget it was the same Jonathan that wanted his appointees to vote as delegates until that attempt was truncated.  

Even in 2003, we had the same type of intrigues, with governors wanting Atiku to contest against OBJ, before a bribing session of epic proportions and smuggling in of delegates put paid to that.

read more www.thisdayonline.info/archive/2003/01/23/20030123news05.html+pdp+presidential+primaries+2003&cd=3&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=uk&client=firefox-a">here

There were so many issues with the 2003 primaries it was unbelievable - last minute changes to PDP constitution, illegal numbering of ballots, bribery amongst others.

Yes there are differences, but beyond those, there was clear determination from PDP to hold a transparent election process here above simply 'checkmating' GEJ.
Re: PDP: Nigeria's Only True Democratic Party! by philip0906(m): 12:24pm On Jan 14, 2011
~Bluetooth:

many nigerians are just too short-sighted.is it not the same pdp that has impoverished our nationhood for years and some people here are licking their azz ?

shocked shocked shocked
i thought u were a fan of d PDP

(1) (2) (Reply)

Gaddafi's Amazonian Guards - Nsfw / Tiv/fulani Crises: 36 Dead, 10,000 Displaced In Benue / Hidden Bank Accounts Of Jonathan’s Minister Of Justice, Bello Adoke Exposed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.