Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,787 members, 7,827,906 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:59 PM

How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe (29541 Views)

I Recovered My Home In The UK - Lauretta Onochie / Fashola: I Don’t Know What Happened To Camera I Recovered At Lekki Tollgate / Bala Mohammed Attends Crowded Juma'at Setrvice After Recovering From Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Ecstasy154(m): 5:04pm On May 14, 2020
A former presidential aide, Doyin Okupe, has narrated how he recovered from COVID-19 two weeks after testing positive to the disease.

Mr Okupe, who alongside his wife tested positive to the disease on 23 April, said he was compelled to reveal how he survived the virus after a comment on his Facebook post had discredited the existence of COVID-19.

“It is sad the level of distrust in this country. Some people wrote on my Facebook wall that in spite of my post, that all the COVID-19 talk is a scam. And that I should post a video to convince them. Well I dont hv (sic) a video,” he said in the post.

Responding to queries about how he had survived the disease, he said he used the anti-malaria drug—hydroxychloroquine, azithromycin and vitamin C.

“The medications I took for my covid19 virus infections:Hydroxychloroquine, 400mg daily for 2days, thereafter 400mg daily for 3days. Azithromycin 500mg daily for 10 days. Zinc sulphate 100mg daily and Vitamin C 1200 mg daily till now,” he said.

He said he used the anti-malaria drug “because he was down with malaria while on admission for coronavirus treatment.”

This, he said, was followed by the usage of Augmentine for the treatment of cough.

“I had malaria while on admission. Was effectively treated with an anti malaria. I also developed cough after about a week and was effectively treated by fairly large dose of Augmentine for 7 days,” he said.

Warning
As scientists rush to find a lasting end to the pandemic, the World Health Organisation has warned that there is no yet approved vaccine for the treatment of COVID-19.

The WHO has also cautioned against physicians and medical associations recommending or administering unproven treatments to patients with COVID-19 or people self-medicating with them without sufficient evidence.

It said the treatment of the disease lies with the capability of the individual patients’ immune system to heal from the disease naturally.

It recommends the boosting of the immune system.

Meanwhile, the United States, France, China and others are ramping up efforts in the clinical trials of antimalarial drugs like chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine, Ebola vaccine—Remdesivir among others.

Nigeria has also joined the global experimentation of treating coronavirus patients with these drugs and is also looking into herbal remedies like that deployed in Madagascar.

Nonetheless, the National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has warned that it has not granted approval for any vaccine for the treatment and cure of COVID-19.

There is no universally medical consensus on a specific treatment for COVID-19 because most clinical trials of drugs being carried out across the globe have limited scientific acceptability or have not resulted in 100 per cent success, according to WHO.

But Mr Okupe argued that the humongous nature of the global emergency makes it impossible for countries not to explore experimental drugs that show any possibility or potential to contain the virus.

He said he believed “the chloroquine regime is the most promising” of all the drugs.

“In my own case, I commenced treatment with the hydroxychloroquine regime 4 days to my isolation. This was because I read extensively on various options of treatment for covid 19 and I followed the global debate on the pros & cons of d treatment.

“With my medical background and consultations locally with colleagues I already made up my mind that the chloroquine regime was so far the most promising,” he wrote.

However, he cautioned against using it without consulting a physician.

Immunity
Mr Okupe said he ingested immune boosting drugs and preparations like zinc sulphate, immunace, reloaded and similar immunity enhancing drugs.

“I also took copious amount of ginger, garlic, tumeric and lemon. In Kaduna I am told that they add dongoyaro leaves to the above mixture and drink liberally,” he added.

He urged Nigerians to comply with the hygiene recommendations from the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) and maintenance of physical distancing.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/392786-how-i-recovered-from-coronavirus-doyin-okupe.html

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Lanretoye(m): 5:16pm On May 14, 2020
Coro lost thisone,I think this coro self is malaria promax.
I just got a call from seun that I am the FCT abi na FTC him call am.

26 Likes

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 5:18pm On May 14, 2020
grin.... Me I recovered from CORONA by drinking alot of Chinese Shayi grin grin grin

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Mynd44: 5:18pm On May 14, 2020
“The medications I took for my covid19 virus infections:Hydroxychloroquine, 400mg daily for 2days, thereafter 400mg daily for 3days. Azithromycin 500mg daily for 10 days. Zinc sulphate 100mg daily and Vitamin C 1200 mg daily till now,” he said.

He said he used the anti-malaria drug “because he was down with malaria while on admission for coronavirus treatment.”

This, he said, was followed by the usage of Augmentine for the treatment of cough.

“I had malaria while on admission. Was effectively treated with an anti malaria. I also developed cough after about a week and was effectively treated by fairly large dose of Augmentine for 7 days,” he said.

Before anyone start getting ideas and going to overdose off malaria meds in the hopes of keeping Coronavirus away

5 Likes 7 Shares

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Akube1z: 5:18pm On May 14, 2020
He had Malaria and covid-19, he was treated with malaria and cough medicines.

Cornavirus is the same sickness as Malaria. It is just an advanced Malaria sickness originated from China.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by cRobo: 5:18pm On May 14, 2020
all I have to say is

indaboski bahose

28 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by AbidexFIRE: 5:18pm On May 14, 2020
Patient of ordinary dry cough kiss

1 Like

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Slimwize(m): 5:18pm On May 14, 2020
Hope it's not another audio recovery

1 Like

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Slawormir: 5:19pm On May 14, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr
Who cares
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by DriggityDre: 5:19pm On May 14, 2020
There is no universally medical consensus on a specific treatment for COVID-19 because most clinical trials of drugs being carried out across the globe have limited scientific acceptability or have not resulted in 100 per cent success, according to WHO.
But Mr Okupe argued that the humongous nature of the global emergency makes it impossible for countries not to explore experimental drugs that show any possibility or potential to contain the virus.
Actually;
But the only people that won't benefit from these experimental drugs are the ones with underlying illnesses, or weak immune systems; because that isn't an assured cure.

Both young and old fall into this category.

Mynd44:
Before anyone start getting ideas and going to overdose off malaria meds in the hopes of keeping Coronavirus away
Exactly!

1 Like

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by NOC1(m): 5:19pm On May 14, 2020
Slimwize:
Hope it's not another audio recovery

You might try to convince us by contacting the virus so that we will have your survival stories.

What will he gain from lying to us?

16 Likes

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Emax911: 5:19pm On May 14, 2020
hmm.....

should we tell him?

he had only mala......ria

7 Likes

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by mytime24(f): 5:20pm On May 14, 2020
2chance
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by gambia(m): 5:20pm On May 14, 2020
Same thing i took, am bck on my feet. God no go shame us.

5 Likes

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Yankiss(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2020
It's better to share survival stories and tips other than daily hyperinflated figures of spread and casualty.

25 Likes 5 Shares

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by OgbeniOptional(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2020
My believe is that the government is not saying the truth, Every death is now of corona virus. What we need to do is to understand and learn how to manage the virus. Cholera, Typhoid, Malaria sef dey kill but we are managing them. If u notice any symptoms, don't wait till it get worse. Treat as urgent.

My grandpa who was sick since last year November/December died 3 weeks ago and had most of the symptoms of the coronavirus. If to say Na hospital he die, NCDC for say na Corona kill him. I'm not saying the virus is not real but I don't believe that the Coronavirus is responsible for all the deaths we r having.

Make NCDC offer me the test for free, I will reject and choose to die if it leads to that, our hospitals are fond of transferring sickness wey person no get before with their carelessness and lack of professionalism when it comes to conducting test. Look at HIV test for example, I was tested positive only to find out na another person result they give me, I lost my faith in our health system since that day. same with blood test, first one said I be AS when I gained admission to UNi, I lost the result card, went for another recently and came out as AA. Same 0+. I have little faith in our health system.

12 Likes

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Flexherbal(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2020
A healthy life style is the drug you need, most of the time.

Those who use our herbs for erectile challenges, should understand, what I mean.
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Slimwize(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2020
NOC1:

You might try to convince us

Not necessary, just swallow it the way u have been swallowing others
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by MrBONE2(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2020
cheesy
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by dadebayo1(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2020
Loll... My people will rush to the nearest pharmacy to stockpile the combination.. Guess Trump was right to a degree grin

1 Like

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by klarke(m): 5:21pm On May 14, 2020
Good
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by israelmao(m): 5:22pm On May 14, 2020
Testimony time.
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Denique(f): 5:22pm On May 14, 2020

1 Like

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Nobody: 5:23pm On May 14, 2020
Abeg no spoil market for the aspiring New York of Africa

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by JavHdPics: 5:23pm On May 14, 2020
JavHdPics:
WY IS HE SURPRISED AT THE LEVEL OF GULLIBILITY AND STUPIDITY THAT EXIST IN THE SOCIETY.
ARE THESE NOT THE KINDS OF FOOLS THAT BELIEVES ALL SORTS OF FAKE NEWS THAT COMES OUT OF THE IPIGS/PDP?

THESE ARE THE SAME SET OF FOOLS THAT WILL BELIEVE THAT BUHARI IS FROM SUDAN AND CORONAVIRUS IS A SCAM TO GET BILLIONS FROM THE US GOVT. BUNCH OF BRAIN DEAD FOOLS.
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by farem: 5:23pm On May 14, 2020
Welcome back from the land of the dead. May the rest survive and share testimonies too.
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by GOFRONT(m): 5:24pm On May 14, 2020
Doyin Okupe will not keep kwayet before Village people will locate him with a stronger version of Covid19 this time.....

How I do this.....How I do that......How I do this.......Yen yen yen yen!!!
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by sonnie10: 5:25pm On May 14, 2020
Thanks for the info
Re: How I Recovered From Coronavirus — Doyin Okupe by Cammo: 5:25pm On May 14, 2020
L

I

N

U

S

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Wike Hails Tinubu For Suspending Emefiele As CBN Governor / Presidential Poll: How Jonathan, Ahmadu Ali Averted Crisis- Vanguard / Presidency Chides Fashola Over Attack On Jonathan.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.