Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:37 AM

Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate (1558 Views)

APC Drops Buhari & Picks Tambuwal As Presidential Candidate? / ACN To GEJ: Apologize For Misleading Nigerians On Anti-corruption Fight / Jonathan Is A Trainee President - ACN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate by Nobody: 4:51pm On Jan 14, 2011
http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/Next/News/5663556-146/ribadu_emerges_acn_presidential_candidate.csp

4:17pm Lagos State governor, Babatunde Raji Fashola says, "The battle to kick the ‘Poverty Development Party' out of power has begun today, Victory is certain but there is work to be done."

4:11pm Edo state governor, Adams Oshiomole says, "This time it is either we make it or we will never make it again and Nigeria will become a political and economic cemetery if ACN is not voted into power.

4:00pm Deputy governor of Kano State, who recently decamped to the AC N joins other governorship candidates on Ribadu demands a standing ovation for Malami and Bafarawa whom he tells ‘ you'll not be disappointed.'

Convention grounds gradually empties as Ribadu start his acceptance speech.

3:11pm Bafarawa promised to support whoever emerges. He, however said, he would one day like to replicate his achievement in Sokoto at the national level.

Saidu Malami also claims he listened to the advice of the party elders in withdrawing his candidacy.

Convention still proceeds though only one candidate, Nuhu Ribadu is left. The electoral act demands that his candidacy is confirmed with a voice vote.

3:43pm Ribadu emerges ACN presidential candidate. All the delegates answered yes in a voice vote to determine their support for Ribadu. All the governorship candidates of the party and Mr Ribadu are to address the convention.

3:41pm Lagos official, Muiz Banire supports the motion that the convention supports Nuhu Ribadu as the party's sole candidate.

3:37pm "I am the one that very little is known about but whose face is familiar in the market. A true Nigerian who has suffered in the hand of PDP's bad leadership," says Malami. Convention ground roars "yes" to whether a voice vote can be used to determine the sole candidature of the party.

3:14pm Attahiru Bafarawa and Saidu Malami announce their withdrawal from the contest

3:08pm Attahiru Bafarawa says he joins the party, not to desperately become the president but to build ACN to an enviable standard and that he is ready to sacrifice for the party's ‘upliftment'.

3:06pm National Publicity Secretary, Lai mohammed says Lagos is chosen for the primary because of the convenience, claiming that many parties are staging theirs in Abuja.

2:59pm Starting with Attahiru Bafarawa , each of the aspirants is given 10 minutes to address and woo the delegate

2:55pm Two representatives of the CPC announce they are standing in for Muhammadu Buhari at the convention.

2:50pm Bisi Akande says the party is looking up to the contry's youth to help restore good governance to the country by voting for ACN's presidential candidate in April polls.

2:35pm The ACN South Africa says it has endorsed Nuhu Ribadu. Its spokesperson, Sesan Daini, says the group is mobilising its memebrs to participate in the voters registration exercise. Only delagtes, party leaders and members of the press are allowed into the stadium complex. Fashola arrives the stadium complex.

2:28pm The event moderator welcomes members of the Congress for Progressive Change present at the convention. Bisi Akande declares the convention open, says party is ready to rescue Nigerians from a 12-year suffering inflicted on them by the PDP's administration.

2:15pm The Onikan stadium's environment becomes increasingly rowdy with the arrival of each party stalwart. Team Ribadu has a camp under the bridge where onlookers are entertained with music and dancers. The air is thick with smoke from cannabis smokers. Security presence is heavy and this helps to ward of miscreants who may want to hijack such event like this.

2:12pm Former governor of Ogun and Ekiti states, Segun Osoba and Niyi Adebayo arrive.

2:10pm Massive crowd outside the convention centre, with security operatives struggling to control it. Delegates have taken their position inside the centre, although there appears to be insufficient seats for all of them. The national anthem is being taken as all delegates stand up.

2:03pm Former Anambra state governor, Chris Ngige and Oluremi Tinubu, a senatorial aspirant and wife of Bola Tinubu arrive. Outside the convention venue, posters of two of the aspirants - Nuhu Ribadu and Uba Malami are all over the wall while none of Ibrahim Shekarau could be seen. Within the convention ground, only Ribadu posters are being carried aloft by delegates while none of his challengers could be seen.

2:00pm Bisi Akande, the ACN national chairman and former Lagos state governor, Bola Ahmed Tinubu arrive at the convention venue. Both Edo and Ekiti state governor, Adams Oshiomole and Kayode Fayemi also arrive.

1:49pm Friday Jumaat prayers for muslim delegates ends. The Osun State governor, Rauf Aregbesola and his deputy arrive the convention ground amidst loud cheers

12:50pm It has just been announced that by 1pm, a special Jumat service will hold at the back of the convention ground for Muslims who want observe. More participants arrive. More than two hours after its advertised start. The special National convention of the Action Congress of Nigeria, organised to elect the presidential flag bearer for the party has not kicked off. However, Onikan Stadium, Lagos, venue of the convention, is heavily guarded by a joint patrol of police, military and non-uniform security officials. Also, all roads that lead to the stadium have been closed to traffic. The party's gubernatorial candidates from the North have started arriving with their supporters. Amongst those that arrive early is Audu Ogbe, the coordinator of the Nuhu Ribadu campaign organisation.

Re: Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate by Eziachi: 8:24pm On Jan 14, 2011
What is really going on with this group? I can't see Buhari stepping down for Ribadu, I may be wrong. Or are they going to run on a joint ticket? Which is not bad on paper but by the Nigerian standard of politics of tribe/religion- not a brainer!!

I am loving this soap opera. I thought last night was entertaining enough as OBJ and his Nigerian bedfellows faking democratic process as they teach his old foe/friend a Nigerian democrazy lesson.
Re: Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate by oracle1: 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2011
dis guy can win i swear.

Re: Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate by UyiIredia(m): 8:28pm On Jan 14, 2011
Ribadu undecided
Re: Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate by Kobojunkie: 8:29pm On Jan 14, 2011
Eziachi:

What is really going on with this group? I can't see Buhari stepping down for Ribadu, I may be wrong. Or are they going to run on a joint ticket? Which is not bad on paper but by the Nigerian standard of politics of tribe/religion- not a brainer!!

I am loving this soap opera. I thought last night was entertaining enough as OBJ and his Nigerian bedfellows faking democratic process as they teach his old foe/friend a Nigerian democrazy lesson.

roflmao!
Re: Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate by millco88(f): 8:30pm On Jan 14, 2011
OH YEAH. This is ACNs year BABY!!
Re: Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate by Jakumo(m): 8:53pm On Jan 14, 2011
Eziachi:

What is really going on with this group? I can't see Buhari stepping down for Ribadu

Eziachi put that bottle down and listen to this.   Ayatollah Buhari has LOST, and LOST conclusively, even before the runners approach the starting gate of Nigeria's next presidential election.  You see, it is Buhari's manifest destiny to LOSE in every single thing he attempts in life, with the possible exception of his notable success in cutting smelly farts and executing daily bowel movements.

Speaking of foul smells, Ayatollah "The Loser" Buhari  REEKS of concentrated, industrial-strength FAILURE, and in fact subconsciously ENJOYS being a complete and utter FAILURE in life, who will spend the rest of his days scowling at the chickens and goats that frequent the dusty compound of his thatched hut in Kutuwenji Village, Adamawa State, deep in the Islamist Taliban heartland of Nigeria's desolate northern desert wastes.

Buhari is, in a word, Nigeria's quintessential MISTER FAILURE, whose early but timely failure to seek the nomination of his hastily chosen political party will shortly be eclipsed for sheer spectacle by his inevitable FAILURE to win the court case he will unfailingly initiate to draw attention to his seventh in a poetically beautiful, uninterrupted series of epic litigation FAILURES.
Re: Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate by Eziachi: 9:38pm On Jan 14, 2011
Jakumo:

Eziachi put that bottle down and listen to this.   Ayatollah Buhari has LOST, and LOST conclusively, even before the runners approach the starting gate of Nigeria's next presidential election.  You see, it is Buhari's manifest destiny to LOSE in every single thing he attempts in life, with the possible exception of his notable success in cutting smelly farts and executing daily bowel movements.

Speaking of foul smells, Ayatollah "The Loser" Buhari  REEKS of concentrated, industrial-strength FAILURE, and in fact subconsciously ENJOYS being a complete and utter FAILURE in life, who will spend the rest of his days scowling at the chickens and goats that frequent the dusty compound of his thatched hut in Kutuwenji Village, Adamawa State, deep in the Islamist Taliban heartland of Nigeria's desolate northern desert wastes.

Buhari is, in a word, Nigeria's quintessential MISTER FAILURE, whose early but timely failure to seek the nomination of his hastily chosen political party will shortly be eclipsed for sheer spectacle by his inevitable FAILURE to win the court case he will unfailingly initiate to draw attention to his seventh in a poetically beautiful, uninterrupted series of epic litigation FAILURES.   

Please say something meaningful, I don't need you to write a book for me dedicated to how much you hated Buhari.
I am not a Buhari supporter or his foot soldier but calling someone A MISTER FAILURE, whom I am not wrong in implying that your whole achievement in life is probably less than that of his driver is not entertaining.
Mind you, I don't have any bottle to put down.
Re: Ribadu Emerges Acn Presidential Candidate by asha80(m): 9:41pm On Jan 14, 2011
Eziachi:

Please say something meaningful, I don't need you to write a book for me dedicated to how much you hated Buhari.
I am not a Buhari supporter or his foot soldier but calling someone A MISTER FAILURE, whom I am not wrong in implying that your whole achievement in life is probably less than that of his driver is not entertaining.
Mind you, I don't have any bottle to put down.

i thought buhari is in CPC?

(1) (Reply)

Does Seun Support Gej Or He Just Hates Buhari? / Finally! Wole Soyinka Speaks On The Elections~2011 Elections Was Flawed / I Never Battered Mrs. Wigwe, I’m The Battered One - Dr. Chijioke Wigwe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.