Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,085 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:45 PM

Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama (46680 Views)

Sudan Crisis: Azman Air Receives FG Approval To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians / Sudan: NAF Hercules C130 Departs To Evacuate stranded Nigerians From Egypt / Xenophobic Attacks : Air Peace Offers To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians In SA (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by olumide4christ: 4:57pm On May 15, 2020
jubrilELsudan:
NIGERIANS IN NIGERIA WHO HAVEN'T LIVED ABROAD ARE ASKING WHY THESE NIGERIANS IN CANADA ARE COMING BACK TO NIGERIA.

YOU NIGERIANS THINK CANADA IS HEAVEN. YOU BELIEVE ABROAD IS HEAVEN.

IF ABROAD IS HEAVEN LIKE YOU ALL ARE BRAINWASHED TO BELIEVE THEN WHY ARE THERE NATIVE CITIZENS OF THAT COUNTRY WHO ARE HOMELESS AND LIVING ON THE STREETS OR LIVING ON GOVERNMENT AID?

IF CANADA , AMERICA IS HEAVEN THEN WHY DO ITS CITIZENS NEED GOVERNMENT PALLIATIVES JUST TO SURVIVE THIS CORONA PERIOD?

THERE IS NOTHING IN CANADA. ITS A BARREN LAND. THERE ARE NO DEALS OR RUNS TO DO THERE. YOU CAN NEVER BECOME RICH IN CANADA. YOU WILL LIVE COMFORTABLY ON BORROWED MONEY FROM THE BANKS AND CREDIT CARDS BUT YOU WILL NEVER HAVE ANY SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF MONEY IN SAVINGS IN YOUR ACCOUNT THAT YOU WILL CALL YOUR OWN.

YOU WILL LIVE FROM PAY CHECK TO PAY CHECK.

One of best comments I have read here. So succinctly put! I hope Nigerians learn!
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Arewa1408: 4:59pm On May 15, 2020
Crixxx:

you see why you Nairalanders are myopic and dumb?... someone who can barely have 2 square meal without begging is calling one wealthier than he is a wretch because he stated his opinion.. grin

It's too bad you can't comprehend simple sentences. Now go back and read again slowly .

Its funny youre talking about someone affording two meals and you, obviously has no means of travelling abroad and if you do, you plan on falling out of status and becoming illegal.

2 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by olumide4christ: 5:01pm On May 15, 2020
EgunMogaji2:
Gentlemen.

One: That Nigeria is difficult for you doesn't mean that it is difficult for others. Some Nigerians, including me, are living our best lives right here in Nigeria. I say this after 33 years in the USA. I could have gone back to the USA on one of the many evacuation flights by our embassy but I didn't. I love Nigeria.

Two: Not everyone is an economic migrant. I have met some people that came on vacation with family to the USA but had to run back to Nigeria leaving family behind to continue holiday because of some new contract opportunity in Abuja. Some men are very uncomfortable leaving Nigeria because of "Awon Abeyin Bebo Je" in the business world (Awon Boys Fe Lo Ba Deal Mi Je).

That you are particularly suffering in Nigeria without direction doesn't mean that others are like you too. In that same USA/Canada/Australia/UK are homeless citizens.

Celebrate your countrymen that believe in Nigeria, like me, and who yearn to come back home.

As always, may our blessings find us wherever we are at.

PS: And for Gods sake, if you desire to leave Nigeria then please do. We have an open border, embassies are giving visa (pre Covid), hundreds of thousands of Nigerias have emigrated. You can too. Stop whining and get on with it. Delta and United used to have 2 wide body jets filled with Nigerians going to the USA nightly. Alitalia, Virgin, Arik (if you're brave), KLm, Air France also fly to Europe nightly, even the Arabs ands East Africans have fully filled airplanes.

Well done Oga Egun... quite a while. Thanks for making it plain to our fellow countrymen, as someone who has tasted of both worlds. I hope they glean some wisdom from what you have said.

3 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by onoja12: 5:26pm On May 15, 2020
All i hear you doing is trying to make excusses for a white man country.there is no normal reason why such should have been rejected.

quote author=EgunMogaji2 post=89579111]

Right but plans do change.

Is it the same airplane/airline that was submitted to Canada, that was actually used for the flight?[/quote]
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by ibinaboonline: 6:27pm On May 15, 2020
I don't understand. You dey Canada and you want come back to Nigeria? You dey craze?
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by omoiyamayor(m): 6:34pm On May 15, 2020
Farki:

That's the thing, we don't see the opportunities because the people have the power to create them aren't interested in our future. They would rather call youths lazy on International news while getting lump sums just for occupying a seat.

I am seriously wondering what opportunities the border closure created.

My home town is near the border and all it did was make their lives miserable, they couldn't purchase fuel or food without being hounded by customs more than usual. It didn't stop smuggling or increase Nigerian rice adoption because the manufacturers were content with selling it for a higher or the same price as imported because of the new monopoly they had and that put a lot of buyers off.

Nigeria will continue to lose skilled workers to foreign countries and stagnate until we understand this.
nobody can survive without food,when the government shut the border,it was an opportunity for Nigeria citizens to invest and make good income in agriculture, its annoying to know that Benin Rep. Was supplying tomatoes and pineapple to Nigerians, to be honest Nigeria youths are lazy, the youth believes farming is for old and non educated folks, the youths are not creative either, everyone wants to live in Lagos,but unfortunately lagos dont have what it takes to cater for them all,let the truth be told Fellow compatriot,we need to go back to the drawing board,when we say the government as failed,it means we all have failed because we are the government. Some people will be dropping trash in the drainage in front of their houses,when they get flooded they start calling out politicians,too much sense of entitlement.

2 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by olawale1516(m): 7:03pm On May 15, 2020
They can go there and carry those citizen without landing if they don't want them to land .. let the citzen use rope to climb the plane on air... Can't they learn from action movies
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Farki: 7:04pm On May 15, 2020
omoiyamayor:
nobody can survive without food,when the government shut the border,it was an opportunity for Nigeria citizens to invest and make good income in agriculture, its annoying to know that Benin Rep. Was supplying tomatoes and pineapple to Nigerians, to be honest Nigeria youths are lazy, the youth believes farming is for old and non educated folks, the youths are not creative either, everyone wants to live in Lagos,but unfortunately lagos dont have what it takes to cater for them all,let the truth be told Fellow compatriot,we need to go back to the drawing board,when we say the government as failed,it means we all have failed because we are the government. Some people will be dropping trash in the drainage in front of their houses,when they get flooded they start calling out politicians,too much sense of entitlement.

What I don't believe youths are lazy at all, I personally know someone who has his own farm and makes good money. Ask anyone under 30 most are engaging in one side hustle or the other because we have seen that it ain't easy.

The truth is that farming is not easy and as simple as picking up a hoe and tilling the soil, I used to think that before I had to study agricultural courses in uni. Agricultural science is a 5 year course and has to take into account biology, geography, storage, land availability, statistics and logistics that's even before we can decide which crops are profitable to grow. My friend studied agriculture so he understands how to do this well and reap the maximum profit.

We can bank on our high population and culture of tradesman apprenticeship to drive our manufacturing sector, that's what China did but we need to cooperate to make it work.

And yes I believe Nigerians are partly the architect of their own problems.

I have a crazy idea, if we make weed legal every youth will be a farmer, mark my words. grin
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by EgunMogaji2: 7:23pm On May 15, 2020
onoja12:
All i hear you doing is trying to make excusses for a white man country.there is no normal reason why such should have been rejected.

quote author=EgunMogaji2 post=89579111]

Right but plans do change.

Is it the same airplane/airline that was submitted to Canada, that was actually used for the flight?

White man?

Please grow up. It’s 2020 already.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by EgunMogaji2: 7:26pm On May 15, 2020
olumide4christ:

Well done Oga Egun... quite a while. Thanks for making it plain to our fellow countrymen, as someone who has tasted of both worlds. I hope they glean some wisdom from what you have said.

Thank you Sir.

They won’t like me because I’m not joining them to describe our fathers house with my left hand.

If you’re not within the Canada cattle call then you’re an agent of backwardness.

1 Like

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by omoiyamayor(m): 7:30pm On May 15, 2020
Farki:

What I don't believe youths are lazy at all, I personally know someone who has his own farm and makes good money. Ask anyone under 30 most are engaging in one side hustle or the other because we have seen that it ain't easy.

The truth is that farming is not easy and as simple as picking up a hoe and tilling the soil, I used to think that before I had to study agricultural courses in uni. Agricultural science is a 5 year course and has to take into account biology, geography, storage, land availability, statistics and logistics that's even before we can decide which crops are profitable to grow. My friend studied agriculture so he understands how to do this well and reap the maximum profit.

We can bank on our high population and culture of tradesman apprenticeship to drive our manufacturing sector, that's what China did but we need to cooperate to make it work.

And yes I believe Nigerians are partly the architect of their own problems.

I have a crazy idea, if we make weed legal every youth will be a farmer, mark my words. grin
even weed farming is a good idea but the way young boys are abusing drugs make the weed farming business very risky lol
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by onoja12: 7:39pm On May 15, 2020
No sir it is you who require some growing,slavery ended many many years ago.as for mental slavery we would keep fighting this,you are not the canadian government nor a canadian and you are here given all kinds of excusses

quote author=EgunMogaji2 post=89586822]

White man?

Please grow up. It’s 2020 already.[/quote]
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by EgunMogaji2: 8:10pm On May 15, 2020
onoja12:
No sir it is you who require some growing,slavery ended many many years ago.as for mental slavery we would keep fighting this,you are not the canadian government nor a canadian and you are here given all kinds of excusses

quote author=EgunMogaji2 post=89586822]

White man?

Please grow up. It’s 2020 already.

You’re right.

Thanks for the feedback. Have a nice evening grin
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by jawalis(m): 8:39pm On May 15, 2020
olajizz01:
Hahaha....,anyway, truth is bitter.

You never said anything close to truth but just a silly opinion.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by jawalis(m): 8:43pm On May 15, 2020
Mizwisdom:

Choice bi ti bawo? so which province will they bury you or they should just throw your body inside Naigra falls?

Is that your problem? It should be mine since it’s my body.

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Jostoman: 8:49pm On May 15, 2020
Crixxx:
If I was the one there I'll never think Nigeria again
me too
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by Daraety(f): 9:01pm On May 15, 2020
What are they coming to do here
When people like us planing to move
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by okito: 1:19am On May 16, 2020
Canada is a country that runs on template, they go by the books. I will be suprised if they give a waiver on this. You must tick all the boxes.
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by dasparrow: 4:49am On May 16, 2020
IronGalaxy:
in case you live under a rock, you'll know that most nations simply can't stand Nigerians

And where is your proof? This is rich coming from a xenophobic South African like you who will camp on Nairaland from morning till night.

Why will you insist on being on a Nigerian forum? People who can't stay away from anything Nigeria related but hate Nigerians are mentally ill.

I guess the whites can stand you black south Africans so much that they chose to enslave you and your people for hundreds of years.

Keep running your mouth on Nairaland while your white masters in South Africa make concrete plans to enslave you a second time. Hateful savage!

Yeye dey smell!
Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by IronGalaxy: 5:41am On May 16, 2020
dasparrow:

And where is your proof? This is rich coming from a xenophobic South African like you who will camp on Nairaland from morning till night.

Why will you insist on being on a Nigerian forum? People who can't stay away from anything Nigeria related but hate Nigerians are mentally ill.

I guess the whites can stand you black south Africans so much that they chose to enslave you and your people for hundreds of years.

Keep running your mouth on Nairaland while your white masters in South Africa make concrete plans to enslave you a second time. Hateful savage!

Yeye dey smell!

Lol, all this novel just because you can't accept the truth? Many nations in Africa and beyond simply can't stand Nigerians FACT! You are mostly tolerated. Just accept this and move on chai!

2 Likes

Re: Why Canada Denied Air Peace Right To Evacuate Stranded Nigerians - Onyeama by TheStarsAlign: 9:33am On May 16, 2020
Which kind country be this sef. How will you fly plane to another country without having landing rights & now you're begging. Shey think its Coaster bus from Lagos to Abuja. Nigeria just do things anyhow. There are protocols guiding these things, why bypass them.

They just like to ridicule the country even when it's avoidable.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finally, My Experience Flying For The Very First Time / Landlocked Joburg Opens Africa's Largest Made-Made "Mega Beach" (PICS) / Nigerian Man Poses With Lion In South Africa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.