Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,876 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process (72315 Views)

Zungeru Building Where Lord Lugard Signed Nigeria's Amalgamation Lies In Ruins / Lord Frederick Lugard With Northern Nigeria Emirs In London, 1934 (Throwback Pic / Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Of Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by Nobody: 6:07pm On May 15, 2020
emrain:

The union is not the problem. Blackman is the problem. How many ”black” countries are doing well today? Yeah, it's easy to blame every other person but yourself. You are the problem with Nigeria. An average black man is mentally lazy, hence why they hold unto God and hope he'll come to their aide one day. Lazy black skin mf!
The black man is a very superior race but our so called culture is a major set back we need to start thinking About situations without involving a mystical factor God won't come down and better this country for us we will have to do it our self through our thinking and intellects
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by Nobody: 6:09pm On May 15, 2020
mmars:
Tribalistic goats should not come and spoil this beautiful thread if you are igbo and you trying to complain remember it was one of you sons (as you call it) that stood for the continuation of the amalgamation then in 1960 the north no even put mouth there was no evidence of them having any intellectual dedication to stopping or assisting the amalgamation
We have Nigeria now and if we put all our differences behind us and work together like the one people we are we can become more than the giant of Africa let make our weakness our strength
#one Nigeria
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by codemaniacs: 6:22pm On May 15, 2020
zz
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by codemaniacs: 6:29pm On May 15, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by Nobody: 6:33pm On May 15, 2020
codemaniacs:

madam Tinubu wasn't a slave trader.

that history wasn't written by the Yorubas so expect the europeans to demonize the woman that fought them for years.

Hmmn thanks 4 this bit too. I'll carry out a lil search about this woman. I agree that European will label u as bad when and if they couldn't break you. Is there any other name aside mama tinubu. I will read more on this woman.
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by codemaniacs: 6:42pm On May 15, 2020
zz
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by codemaniacs: 6:47pm On May 15, 2020
zz

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by Nobody: 6:53pm On May 15, 2020
codemaniacs:

In all this, you didn't take into account that the europeans where more violent, savage and uncivilized than Africans.

Are you telling me right now that if a group of 10 bandits raid your house you're prepared and ready to defeat all of them, in your peaceful home.

Africans were and are very peaceful people but the europeans who were fighting wars amongst themselves were more brutal, uncivilized and war mongers than Africans.

Again, you can act tough as much as you want on the internet but in reality if a group of bandits start shooting into your house you will start trembling because you are peaceful person, you have no weapons to fight back, you don't have the mentality of a hardened murderer.

Weak bro, very weak. Don't bring ad hominem into this discourse. If bandits attack a community in Europe, they will certainly have a field day. The only difference is that life is precious elsewhere outside black communities. So the perpetrators would most likely be caught.

Back to the matter - Africans are not peaceful people, they only seem peaceful because they are too lazy to produce any useful weapon of mass destruction. Africans have always been at war with each other since time immemorial. In fact, an average African would happily level a whole village if only God can give him/her the juju to do so. Africans were too lazy to innovate superior warfare apparatus in the past, maybe that's why you don't get to hear much about their beastly nature. Unfortunately, they are still too lazy to produce anything today.

The point is - stop blaming the whites for your ineptitude. Grow up and be the change you want to see. There are a lot of black people out there that have successfully emancipated themselves from this disgusting mental condition of victimhood. You can be one of them too.

*drops mic*

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by codemaniacs: 7:09pm On May 15, 2020
zz

2 Likes

Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by egoldman(m): 7:17pm On May 15, 2020
Kekereekun123:
you earn the right to determine that by economic and military might. Of which we have none. Naso e be

Are u sure ur actually quoting me?
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by 989900: 7:32pm On May 15, 2020
rottencorpse:
1. House where Frederick Lugard Signed the Amalgamation of Northern & Southern Nigeria, now in Ruins with Overgown Weeds, at Zungeru, in Northern Nigeria.

4. Amalgamation Ceremony. Zungeru, January 3, 1914

3. Flora Louisa Shaw Lady Lugard (1852-1929)

4. Frederick Lugard’s Residence in Ikot Abasi L.G.A.

Tourist attraction wasted . . . Oh, Nigeria.
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by excel4us: 7:59pm On May 15, 2020
The WORST mistake ever in the history of mankind.
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by Nobody: 8:36pm On May 15, 2020
Lugard created Nigeria but he didn't create Nigerians.

Nigerians are what make Nigeria what it is, not Lugard.

A landlord may be hostile but tenants can chose to be friends.

It's all a matter of choice, and here is what we chose.

Nigeria exists today not because lugard said so; it exists because greed has no tribe.

Blaming lugard isn't different form a boy cursing the planter of a mango tree after he fell from it.

If Nigeria refuses to grow has Nigeria, what stops states to grow as states?

How is sokoto state responsible for the backwardness of Osun state?

Blaming others is nothing but a symptom of failure and frustration. Nigeria of today represent the combined mentality of most Nigerians; we are what we think.
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by adonaimart(m): 9:13pm On May 15, 2020
PositiveDirect:

lipsrsealed sad

Nothing to say.

Dear people, please we really need your help. I have been without salary for good 8 months. Some employers don't just have pity. We have been through a lot during this period. Please any assistance you can give to us, visit the thread below to reach out to us. May you remain blessed as you come to our rescue. Any proof you want, please kindly ask me for it including my same name on bank account appearing on the school payroll.

https://www.nairaland.com/5857912/havent-been-paid-8-months

Sadly, many of our kids don't know dis part of our history.....
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by Legendguru: 9:29pm On May 15, 2020
Boss
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by ThatFairGuy: 9:34pm On May 15, 2020
Ykc2:
you must be a northerner your people love this British set up dur
But my statement doesn't portrayed such I guess. Hence, SUIT THE FUTURE TO OUR TASTE
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by ThatFairGuy: 9:35pm On May 15, 2020
Jeffyblaq:

Buddy!
Can't you see that there ain't any future in this contraption of a forceful union among regions?

I mean let every region rule itself..

This ain't working and we can't just pretend that itz working and years go by...

How long are we goin to be untrue to ourselves?

Like how long?
Wow. I didn't support or against, my point was to do whatever pleases us. Check and Assimilate my post again

1 Like

Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by ThatFairGuy: 9:37pm On May 15, 2020
egoldman:

Story, is that why they don't teach you history in school?
What are you saying? Make me understand
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by PositiveDirect: 11:12pm On May 15, 2020
adonaimart:

Sadly, many of our kids don't know dis part of our history.....
That's true. God help us.
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by Nobody: 11:55pm On May 15, 2020
The very much regretted evil amalgamation.
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by egoldman(m): 5:29am On May 16, 2020
ThatFairGuy:

What are you saying? Make me understand

Were you thought history in your school in Nigeria, for example where you thought about Biafra war, what caused it, how it was fought, how the country have moved on since after the war, if the event that lead to the war is still happening or not.

Or were you thought only the type of history that the government wants you to know?

Do you get it now?
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by ddeola: 7:06am On May 16, 2020
D bad guy wey put Naija for the mess wey we dey today. undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by Omoejigbahe(m): 7:50am On May 16, 2020
Lugard agent of darkness.
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by Babathanks(m): 9:23am On May 16, 2020
It shall never be well with this man and is generation to come
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by UnusualJhay(m): 9:43am On May 16, 2020
Anywhere you dey rn, you shall know no peace. ...
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by HabuD: 11:20am On May 16, 2020
PureGoldh:
Dx people (Oga Lugard and co.) played our forefathers like ludo..

Nigeria is 59yrs old about to clock 60yrs yet we can't boast of ordinary steady power supply.

We go dey alright Las Las..If you need Original Raw Honey...Contact 081 01666 771 let's talk about it now...Stay safe Fam...Let love lead always
Nigeria is 106 years old, but 56 years old independent
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by wasi9ice: 1:01pm On May 16, 2020
I have nothing more to say

You guys have said my mind
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by manuelreports: 11:56am On May 17, 2020
Kenplay:

You lack logical reasoning but think with your emotions, what do you want Azikiwe to do when his party was not even the majority party.
Na waoo people reason with their anus sometimes.
Shut up
Go to archive and read the full details of London constitutional conference of 1959
Stop arguing like a stack illiterate or are you one?
Re: Photos Of Lord Frederick Lugard And The Amalgamation Process by Natilolo(m): 3:23am On May 18, 2020
Kekereekun123:
We are not the only country joined together. Others are progressing and moving on well. We are here still weeping
Nice one bro. Kudos

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Special Report: Salary Of Nigerian Senators. / See Buhari's Reaction When He Was Announced Winner (Video) / Governor Sanwo-Olu In Church, Works As 'Usher', Greets People (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.