Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,688 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:56 AM

Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones (428 Views)

Why Can't Guys Date Without Having Sex? / Vaseline Crew, Can You Operate With These (photos) / In The Group, Only Old People And Latinos Liked Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by ChizzyBuna(m): 8:54pm On May 15, 2020
I think the most difficult thing to do in this life is to teach old people how to operate andriod phones..
Their brain can't comprehend how sophisticated this device is..
My sister in USA sent my aunty money to buy latest tecno.
We bought tecno pop2 for her
My aunty has been distrubing me to teach her how to use phone.. she is 61
No matter how many times I show her how to check basic things. She still calls me Everytime to complain that her phone did this and did that..

It's annoying as if I'm teaching a baby how to write..
The funny thing is that back in SS1 this my aunty was always against us using phones or mp3 players back then.
Now she is the one trying to catch up with the rest of the world now she is 61..
Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by Stephenomozzy(m): 9:07pm On May 15, 2020
You know how you scratch your head in total confusion whenever an old person speaks a very strong PROVERB or PARABLE to you?

It's almost the same thing to them....Most of them have lived through all the developmental stages of phone development, but they've been quite occupied with other things of life that they can't keep up rushing to see all latest updates on phones, so you can cut them some slack when they seem to be slow in taking up the new technologies.

It's just a matter of "Wetin i really need that feature for? just show me how to make call and save number" than their inability to comprehend.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by Oluromantic: 9:11pm On May 15, 2020
That's the kind of patience you need through marriage. So you're getting trained already.

You shd be happy you have an aunt that disturbs you pleasantly for such a nice purpose. When you marry, you will understand.

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by ChizzyBuna(m): 9:17pm On May 15, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
You know how you scratch your head in total confusion whenever an old person speaks a very strong PROVERB or PARABLE to you?
In this 21st century, what is the use of a proverb.. lol
Will proverb show old folks how to adapt to new changes or operate and learn a new technology??
Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by Stephenomozzy(m): 9:19pm On May 15, 2020
You see what we're talking about? Uncle you no even understand wetin I write. It was an analogy sah

And yes, proverbs are still very effective. They're philosophical. Will you say philosophy has also become null in this century too?

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by ChizzyBuna(m): 9:20pm On May 15, 2020
Stephenomozzy:
You see what we're talking about? Uncle you no even understand wetin I write. It was an analogy sah
Ah I get it now

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by Nobody: 9:22pm On May 15, 2020
they aren't dynamic. they believe tech. is too complex

1 Like

Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by ChizzyBuna(m): 9:54pm On May 15, 2020
Stephenomozzy:

And yes, proverbs are still very effective. They're philosophical. Will you say philosophy has also become null in this century too?
Not all Proverbs are effective
Proverbs are the ways of thinking of a particular group at a particular period of existence.
A proverb from old testament can't be applicable to modern day experience..
We no longer do things like burning scarifice to the gods like the ancestors did.
So a lot of Proverbs are just good for the ear, but in application will only make more sense in the olden days..
Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by Stephenomozzy(m): 10:49pm On May 15, 2020
ChizzyBuna:

Not all Proverbs are effective

A proverb from old testament can't be applicable to modern day experience..

We no longer do things like burning scarifice to the gods like the ancestors did.
So a lot of Proverbs are just good for the ear, but in application will only make more sense in the olden days..

Not all proverbs are effective...and that's mostly when they're interpreted by an unlearned mind. Proverbs are not stories. They're not a literal definition but a figurative or symbolic expression of an idea or concept. So they're still very effective in passing their intended message to a teachable ear.

Your citations about sacrifices in the bible in the same context as proverbs puts to question your understanding of the term "Proverbs"

I don't want to derail your thread o.

But who said proverbs in the old books are not applicable? Have you read the popular There is time for Everything in the book of proverbs?

Proverbs are as practical today as they were in the olden days and as will be in a thousand years to come.

Proverbs are not defined by the composition of the words in it, but by the lesson it teaches
Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by MrBrownJay1(m): 11:15pm On May 15, 2020
you will be surprised to know that even a person who has been on IOS for years would feel the same way...
Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by ChizzyBuna(m): 11:56pm On May 15, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
you will be surprised to know that even a person who has been on IOS for years would feel the same way...
Uhmm I used iPhone for 6 years and I started using Android 2018
It even made andriod easier for me to understand
Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by ibkayee(f): 11:59pm On May 15, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
If this is this supposed to be shade, buahaa. If not, nevermind lol
Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by MrBrownJay1(m): 12:02am On May 16, 2020
ibkayee:
If this is this supposed to be shade, buahaa. If not, nevermind lol

not at all... if/when used to iphones for years, going to Android can be quite a new way of life.
Re: Why Can't Old People Operate Smartphones by Galactico4ever(m): 1:33am On May 16, 2020
I believe one has to be SMART to use a smartphone .So many big girls and guys don't even know how to use basic apps like google on their costly devices.Besides,one Of my Uncles is 64 and he is very active on FB and twitter.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

15 Gigantic Influences Of Sexual Side Effects Of Menopause / 8 Early Ways To Tell If Your Marriage Will Last A Lifetime / Karma Is A Bitch, Please Help.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.