Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos (2745 Views)

See Reactions Of People When IPOB Tells Igbos Living In The North To Return Home / Alleged Marginalization In Lagos: APC Tells Igbos To Seek Dialogue / Boko Haram: Leave North Now, APGA Tells Ndigbo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Akhenaten: 3:42pm On Jan 15, 2011
Jos: Stay back and fight, APGA tells Igbos

Igbo people in Jos, Plateau State have been asked to shun call from some quarters urging them to vacate the state as a result of the on-going crisis that has claimed scores of their kinsmen. In an interview with our correspondent, Chairman of All Progressives Grand Alliance (APGA), Ebonyi State, Jerry Obasi insisted that the Igbo should stay back in the state and fight back as the constitution of the country guarantees the wish of every Nigerian to live in any part of the country he or she chooses. He said all the Igbo should stay back and get the matters resolved.

Obasi said Nigeria remains one nation of which no one should run away from wherever he or she decides to reside, adding that “certain times in the history of a people, peace and cohabitation is gotten out of war.” He urged the Ndigbo and the northerners to adopt negotiations to resolve what could be fanning the embers of mayhem. Obasi cautioned that no body should escalate the upheaval by way of reprisal attacks stressing that wherever a large number of people co-habit, there could be various forms of dispute, though not the kind that is claiming such number of casualties.

The APGA boss warned that the North should be mindful of the fact that no one entity has exclusive option of attack so should not take the advantage of the fact that the Igbo are in their immediate community. Igbo leaders are still demanding that they want to see the action of the state and the Federal Government towards arresting those that were responsible for the massacre of their kinsmen in their shops at Dilimi and Bauchi business areas of Jos. President General of the association, Richard Wayas, told Saturday Independent that the stance of the Igbo has not changed, as part of their several demands is for the state and Federal Government to fish out the Hausa/Fulani youths in Jos North, who took part in the massacre of over 40 Igbo traders recently, for prosecution.

Wayas had earlier in the week told journalists that, “the massacre of his kinsmen who are traders at their shops by Hausa/Fulanis youths who condoned off the entire Dilimi area up to the Terminus round about with countless number of their motorcycles while the killings of our people were going on at Dilimi and Bauchi road in Jos ‘’ were done in broad daylight very close to security check points in the city. He told Saturday Independent that the Igbo in Jos had lost confidence in the Commander of the Joint Military Special Task Force, Operation Save Haven, Brig, Gen. Hassan Umaru, for reasons that “his men on ground were spotted to be standing by while they watched as his kinsmen were hacked down at Dilimi and Bauchi road in Hausa dominated neighborhoods in Jos.

It would be recalled that, Wayas, during his press conference in the week in Jos, wondered how again a luxurious bus (Ekwos) owned by an Igbo businessman that was on its way to Yola with Igbo passengers could be attacked and the bus burnt down by the sameHausa-Fulanis youths along Bauchi road same day. The Igbo leaders rejected the reasons given by Hausa elders for the riot by the youths who gave deaf ears to the pleas of their elders to stop the crisis in Jos.

Igbo elders, however, demand that the state and Federal Government takes decisive measures towards arresting those that were responsible for the massacre of their kinsmen in their shops at Dilimi and Bauchi business areas of Jos. President General of Igbo Community Association, Richard Wayas, told Saturday Independent that the stance of the Igbos in Jos has not changed, as part of their demands is for the state and Federal Government to fish out the Hausa-Fulani youths in Jos North who took part in the massacre of over 40 Igbo traders for prosecution.

He lamented that Jos crisis went on recurring because the perpetrators are not brought to book. “We have been at the receiving end of the squabbles. The provocation has gone on long enough and must stop. On the other hand, if we want to dismember this country, let us sit down and do it as responsible, mature civilised people”, former President, Ohanaeze Ndigbo, Ikedife suggested. He advised Igbo living in Jos to maintain vigilance. He said: “One of the greatest human instincts is self-preservation. It is stronger than self-reproduction because you have to be alive to reproduce.”

Culled from Daily Independence.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Tsiya(m): 4:01pm On Jan 15, 2011
The state government, federal government and the religious leaders have no vision or intiative to solve this problem.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Ezennaemeka1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2011
I can still remember the stories my Godfather told me about the civil war. How the igbos where massacard in their numbers. Now its happening again since 1996 can you remember how many times igbos were massacard in the north. One Nigeria is in the mouth of every northerner but they won't let the igbos. Should I call this envy or what. We are not hearing any concret news about arresting those outlaws but when igbos go for revenge you will here that the igbos that went for the revenge were arrested and prosecuted. What a great deal of injustice. I weep for my brother and sister who die everyday in the crises. God will recieve your soul and send justice to Nigeria in his own way and time. Thanks
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Ezennaemeka1(m): 6:04pm On Jan 15, 2011
I can still remember the stories my Godfather told me about the civil war. How the igbos where massacard in their numbers. Now its happening again since 1996 can you remember how many times igbos were massacard in the north. One Nigeria is in the mouth of every northerner but they won't let the igbos. Should I call this envy or what. We are not hearing any concret news about arresting those outlaws but when igbos go for revenge you will here that the igbos that went for the revenge were arrested and prosecuted. What a great deal of injustice. I weep for my brother and sister who die everyday in the crises. God will recieve your soul and send justice to Nigeria in his own way and time. Thanks
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Dede1(m): 7:22pm On Jan 15, 2011
@POST

All these Igbo press releases and conferences are self indictment of clueless bunch of people. This dormant behavior of Ndigbo is what informed me that Ndigbo could be at receiving end again if Nigeria should gravitated towards unrecoverable state of chaos. The so-called traders and big-time transporters of Igbo extraction in Jos could not clandestinely equip themselves with serious weapons to deal with these delusional Islamic youths.

Until Ndigbo show they can play the game too, the threats of mayhem from the Islamic jackasses will not cease.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by willo4ever: 8:09pm On Jan 15, 2011
its funny being screwed since 1966 till date and still complaining with no action, and this culless leaders of the ibos (ohaneze ndi igbo) dat dont even care about their kins men but their pocket and always comeout and say bullshit,
Am not ibo but i was born in the east and have lived with ibos all my life,,,my best friends are ibos, but i strongly think they are the main cos of their problems ,so the the moment they remove their selfish character from their behaviours .there and then this rubbish dat is happening to them will stop. becos they are a selfish and selfcentered race dats why they cant rule this country and i think its high time they stop complaining and get their acts together, nobody has a monopoly to violence
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Olaedo1: 8:29pm On Jan 15, 2011
willo4ever:

its funny being screwed since 1966 till date and still complaining with no action, and this culless leaders of the ibos (ohaneze ndi igbo) dat dont even care about their kins men but their pocket and always comeout and say bullshit,
Am not ibo but i was born in the east and have lived with ibos all my life,,,my best friends are ibos, but i strongly think they are the main cos of their problems ,so the the moment they remove their selfish character from their behaviours .there and then this rubbish dat is happening to them will stop. becos they are a selfish and selfcentered race dats why they cant rule this country and i think its high time they stop complaining and get their acts together, nobody has a monopoly to violence

True
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Akhenaten: 8:53pm On Jan 15, 2011
I have come to the painful conclusion the Ohanaeze does not speak for me.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by jamace(m): 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2011
Well, I personally will not condemn the Igbos in Jos should they retaliate. I was reliably informed about how the almajaris swooped on the Igbos while the Igbos were in a meeting in Jos and massacred a lot of them. This nonsense must stop! angry angry
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by fstranger6: 8:57pm On Jan 15, 2011
Ohaneze, it seems, do not like the people they 'lord' over

They just want Ibos to be annihilated in Jos.

I pity my Ibo brothers.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Akhenaten: 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2011
fstranger6:

Ohaneze, it seems, do not like the people they 'lord' over

They just want Ibos to be annihilated in Jos.

I pity my Ibo brothers.

Can't you shut up? Always running to Igbo topics. Like a dog to water. Maybe you are a dog.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by jason123: 9:00pm On Jan 15, 2011
I personally would advise igbos to come back to the east. It's not worth dying for (whatever the reason). Can't ohanaeze find a way to protect her citizens?
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by fstranger6: 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2011
Akhenaten:

Can't you shut up? Always running to Igbo topics. Like a dog to water. Maybe you are a dog.

Since you are a brave Ibo; may be you should lead the fight and get your arse kicked

Those mallams know how to make suyya out of Nna boys and girls, I tell ya.

Even the best Osisikankwu from Alaigbo does not stand a chance.

It is funny how those illiterate mallams know exactly what to do to get Ibos killed; very ruthless mallams, a needed skill when dealing with stubborn namas

By now, you'd think that those Igbo would have learnt something; Instead, they keep going back for angry mallas to make suya out of them

Now their leaders are asking them to go back so more of them can be killed; I guess the less Ndiigbos alive, the more money to share

EWooooooo, Igbos sacrificing kinsmen for the love of Abuja Ghana-must-go .

Afenifere and Arewa would never do these to their people. To Afenifere and Arewa, life is sacred. However, to Ohaneze, life is measured on how many more Ghana-must go can go around.

*****SMH*****
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Akhenaten: 9:07pm On Jan 15, 2011
fstranger6, you are not worth the dirt beneath my feet.

Let me brush my sandals off.

My last post directed towards you.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by fstranger6: 9:08pm On Jan 15, 2011
See below:

mallam using Ibo meat for Suya. Thats why i dont like eating Suya.

Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Onlytruth(m): 9:25pm On Jan 15, 2011
^^

The funny thing is that Hausa/Fulani mass murderers don't know the difference between Igbo and any other southern tribe, especially ones without tribal marks.

The Aboki in picture could be roasting your fathers' balls. hehehe! grin grin
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by fstranger6: 9:30pm On Jan 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^

The funny thing is that Hausa/Fulani mass murderers don't know the difference between Igbo and any other southern tribe, especially ones without tribal marks.

The Aboki in picture could be roasting your fathers' balls. hehehe! grin grin

I like you

You have a sense of humor.

On a more serious note; I actually serve in the state where that Aboki resides and he peronally confided in me that what you see up there is the remains of an Igbo corper that was killed 3 days earlier. I hazard those balls being roasted belong to your transvestite mother, No? grin
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Onlytruth(m): 9:50pm On Jan 15, 2011
@topic,

This is still one more proof that we don't have credible leadership in Igboland. The great Ikemba has been our only leader for the last 44 years.

My feeling about this issue is the same for other things that don't make sense in Igboland .

For instance, in my town, you would see many houses costing about N50 million, yet the houses have  no 24 hrs electricity.
By electricity I mean ordinary light. Whenever the NEPA goes off, they put on the generator which can only last for as long as the fuel. I asked one of my brothers why he couldn't simply install a PV solar power system costing about $30,000 to install in his mansion, he was lost for words. Meanwhile anytime NEPA and gen goes off, the entire village fall into this pitch darkness!  cry cry

That would elaborate my  point a bit.

Now, why should I have a multimillion naira/dollar investment as an individual or as a group in an area, and fail to see the need to arm myself HEAVILY to protect my investment? Every settler group does this. Check history. I remember that one nairalander raised that issue here sometime last year or so.

If I cannot do that for ANY reason, then I MUST NOT invest in or live in that area. SIMPLE. And I don' t care if money flows in the streets! undecided

Ohanaeze cannot claim to not see the point I'm making here. It does not make sense for Ndigbo to continue living in any part of Nigeria if they cannot fight and defeat even an army there. It should be that when one of those wars/battles are concluded, it would become abundantly clear to the aggressor that they lost the fight and their casualties should be at least 10 times ours, and that would have taught them a lesson of their lives.

Ndigbo, Ndigbo, Ndigbo!

If you cannot fight and win a war outside Igboland, then return home fast!

This is part of why, even if you give me a free piece of land outside Igboland, I will reject it, because I need to do a thorough due diligence on my security needs first!

Since Nigeria is not interested in securing you, do it yourself.  cool
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by asha80(m): 10:18pm On Jan 15, 2011
as much as i see ohaneze as a useless organisation i do not see anything wrong with their stand here.if you as an igbo who knows how volatile the north can be i see it as foolishness to stay there and do business without having any weapons (whether gun or rocket laucher) for protection.

is some ways i actualy blame some of these our brothers that stay there because they will be the first to tell you how 'nice and friendly' the northerners can be only to come home trying when there business or relations have been killed.trust me i have seen quite a few.

Onlytruth:

@topic,

Ohanaeze cannot claim to not see the point I'm making here. It does not make sense for Ndigbo to continue living in any part of Nigeria if they cannot fight and defeat even an army there.

be honest.knowing our people do you really think that they would listen to any person telling them this.sometimes it is better to allow people to learn from personal experience.i have seen a lot of them saying things like 'the northerners' are the best set of people.you cannot possibly change their mind unless something happens.that is why the igbos that live in kano are a different breed becuase of they experience they have had.

that is why they have stockpiled weapons in case of necessity.at least i have seen that one.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Onlytruth(m): 11:52pm On Jan 15, 2011
^^

Yes, I agree.

In fact that is part of my point. Frankly I don't expect Ohanaeze to do much. It is not the kind of organization for this.

MASSOB can do this, but they have to renounce non-violence first.

Also, it cannot be done on individual basis because the attacks are systematic and coordinated, in some instances even involving serving soldiers of the Nigerian army. So, imagine going up against such attackers, what can an individual do?
That is why organization is the key here.
We are Nigerians and have the right to live in ANY part of Nigeria in peace.

Aka Ikenga (the more youthful organization) can also take up this challenge and ensure that Igbo are organized in defensive pattern wherever they live in Nigeria.

You will not see me in Northern or Western Nigeria unless I'm sure these things are in place. Simple.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Akhenaten: 11:55pm On Jan 15, 2011
MASSOB needs to be like the OPC.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Olaedo1: 12:09am On Jan 16, 2011
Akhenaten:

They screwed themselves with their name,their agenda could have still been met without putting it plainly in the open.Bakassi boys are the best bet.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Akhenaten: 12:11am On Jan 16, 2011
Ola edo:

They screwed themselves with their name,their agenda could have still been met without putting it plainly in the open.Bakassi boys are the best bet.

Well maybe it is time for us to start our own group. You are correct about the name of MASSOB.

Lets name it the Amadioha Liberation Front (ALF) or Ikenga Boys
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by aljharem(m): 12:18am On Jan 16, 2011
Akhenaten:

Well maybe it is time for us to start our own group. You are correct about the name of MASSOB.

i think inigbo people's congress will be better
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Olaedo1: 12:18am On Jan 16, 2011
Akhenaten:

Hey sounds great, now all you have to do is promote it,facebook,etc. I seriously don't know why common sense wasn't used in alot of the avenues taken my massob. A lot of their members lives could have been saved.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by aljharem(m): 12:21am On Jan 16, 2011
Ola edo:

Hey sounds great, now all you have to do is promote it,facebook,etc. I seriously don't know why common sense wasn't used in alot of the avenues taken my massob. A lot of their members lives could have been saved.
cry cry cry cry cry

sad, why not nidigbo people's congress, that way it will not look like a militant group but a congress of igbo people undecided
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Onlytruth(m): 12:24am On Jan 16, 2011
Posted by: Akhenaten

Actually MASSOB needs to be like MEND but with more sophistication and reach across Nigeria.
The blood of the Igboman has been the manure feeding the Nigerian contraption. It needs to stop.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by aljharem(m): 12:26am On Jan 16, 2011
Onlytruth:

Actually MASSOB needs to be like MEND but with more sophistication and reach across Nigeria.
The blood of the Igboman has been the manure feeding the Nigerian contraption. It needs to stop.

^^^^^

why do you just what to kill innocent people undecided
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Olaedo1: 12:27am On Jan 16, 2011
Onlytruth:

MEND has a little bit of an upper head,being that they are fight on the sea and have many ways to manuvear without civilians getting killed.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by asha80(m): 12:30am On Jan 16, 2011
off topic

on a more serious note guys can we for once stop attracting attention to oursleves?

i mean just open the politics forum and you immediately see up to 4 topics igbo related.i do not know about you guys but i find it distasteful.also can we also learn to ignore some comments that are obviuosly done to elicit response?i do not see all these as healthy especially when we open rather funny threads as below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-586478.0.html
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by Onlytruth(m): 12:36am On Jan 16, 2011

MEND has a little bit of an upper head,being that they are fight on the sea and have many ways to manuvear without civilians getting killed.

MASSOB don't have to operate like MEND. There are things MEND do well and others it doesn't.  For instance, MEND can source weapons well, and they can engage the military in shootouts and coming up ahead. But they also target pipelines and kidnap people. I hate those parts.

MASSOB just need to master arms acquisition, storage and usage. They should establish reliable international sources and even manufacture some locally.
They should avoid confronting with Nigerian security authorities at all times. That way, they don't have to clash with them.
Finally, they should only operate when there is clear evidence that Nigerian security is not protecting Igbos for whatever reason.

Bottomline is that Igbo need to be protected in Nigeria and I don't care how.
Re: Jos: Stay Back And Fight, Apga Tells Igbos by aljharem(m): 12:36am On Jan 16, 2011
asha 80:

off topic

on a more serious note guys can we for once stop attracting attention to oursleves?

i mean just open the politics forum and you immediately see up to 4 topics igbo related.i do not know about you guys but i find it distasteful.also can we also learn to ignore some comments that are obviuosly done to elicit response?i do not see all these as healthy especially when we open rather funny threads as below.

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-586478.0.html

hmmm, will our igbo brothers listen to u

(1) (2) (Reply)

What An Unfortunate Slip Of Tongue By Gej / How Nyako Was Abandoned By APC Online/offline!!! Nyako Was Bloodied / Courtesy Visit To ABIA Governor By Pastor Kumuyi Of Deeper Life Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.