Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:45 AM

They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? (2755 Views)

APC Will Split Into Four; Buhari, Fashola Need Prayer – Blind Prophet / ‘I See Nigeria Split Into 5 Countries’ - Says Prophet Ignis Iribhogbe / Buhari To Split NNPC Into Two…plans Fresh Bid Round For Oil Blocks (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by gohome: 10:29pm On Mar 23, 2012
Nigeria: Yoruba And Igbo Must Remain Divided To Keep Nigeria One
Author: Farouk Martins | March 14, 2012

When Dr. Nnamdi Azikiwe was taken to task to explain why he passed on Awolowo’s offer to become the Prime Minister. He simply said it might have led to the breakup of Nigeria if the North was isolated. Either by design or omission, the logic still stands today but the reasoning and supporters of that logic may have changed. Actually Tafawa Balewa was unmoved by the so called Southern union, vowing to be Opposition Leader. There has to be some positive spin to the division in the South. There is also division in the North but it is not as pronounced.

No matter how you take it, no part of the Country can clearly delineate agreeable people within one region. Biafra has other ethnic groups that do not consider themselves part of the Nation. The same is true of the North Central. The Hausa that form the majority in the North are controlled by minority Fulani. Even the Yoruba, in spite of common lingua-franca, can only boast of Diaspora union.

Therefore, as long as the Country stands as Nigeria, Yoruba and Igbo will always fight for political dominance and the Hausa will always come to their rescue so that they do not destroy our Country. Whenever you hear intellectuals and theorists debate about separation as a mere geographical expression; amuse yourselves. Listen if you can with guguru and epa to grace your precious time. They cannot agree on their base, yet they want Nigeria to split. Split into what?

If you are one of the frequent visitors to internet sites, you get some of the point here. We have young men and women born after the war going mercilessly at one another as if they were there. Even more disturbing, some of these young people have never been on the Nigerian soil. Needless to say, you know who is feeding them with venom about the country on different version of their novel history.The Igbo are well known for their adventures within the country into various ethnic groups. You cannot but wonder why many call for separate nations more than others as if they would rather ask for visas into these separate nations in Nigeria. But we need to understand their frustration if at any little provocation in the North, they get the worst brunt of the mayhem. Indeed, they are safer in other parts of Nigeria.

Igbo in other parts of Nigeria have called on those in the North to come home or stop going back to the North after each clash. It is very difficult to heed such calls unless the foot is in the other shoe. No one wants to start all over after spending so much of their effort building a comfortable nest outside. The same is true of other ethnic group in the North as the Yoruba and others refused to come back home. Actually some of the ethnic groups within the North have no other home. So why call on Igbo? The Hausa recently told Boko Haram to go to blazes, they are not moving out of Lagos. Every ethnic group feels comfortable in Lagos, some as a second home and others as the only home they known. So why would anyone in his right mind leave Lagos where they make their money and live peacefully to go anywhere else in Nigeria they do not feel as safe beats anyone’s imagination.

It will be hypocrisy if the feelings of other ethnic groups regarding settling amongst the Igbo are not shared here. Some think they are not as tolerable as they demand from others outside their base. May be if the gesture of tolerance is reciprocated in Igbo land, we will see more accommodation in the Country as a whole. It may be wishful thinking. But it is better to separate than kill off one another living together. Except that we cannot. So after each crisis, Nigerians will always return to where they can make a living. Igbo also have their grievances against “Yoruba diplomacy”. They claim you cannot hold Yoruba to a deal without expecting them to betray you. So the suspicion is mutual on both sides. No matter how we view the suspicion, it has served Nigeria well and held the whole Country together. Imagine the Yoruba and the Igbo as political ally, they would oppress the rest of Nigerians; and where is the President going to come from?

Let us be fair, Yoruba and Igbo do not always go after one another’s chin. After all, they dine, play, work and sleep together. But when it comes to politics, it is a no-go area. Their most recent encounter was the leadership of the House. As usual, they contested for it until the North came to the rescue. Some level headed people from each ethnic group have wondered if the Yoruba would support the Igbo for presidency in 2015. Of course some Yoruba would support Igbo for presidency. Whether they are going to get majority of the Yoruba support is sheer speculation at this point. There is time to kiss and make up. Some Igbo have even said it publicly that they would cross that river when they get there and there is nothing to be worried about right now. Whatever each ethnic group can get right now is fair political game. After all, they always fight and make up.

However, some Nigerians are wondering if it makes any sense to be rotating presidency between North and South. They postulate that we should allow the most competent man rule, no matter where he comes from. By now, we have had every region in the Country rule by hook or crook, by coup or militia. So do not be surprised to see potential presidential candidates coming out from every party regardless of their regions vying to be the Vagabond In Power. They are not different once in office.

Don’t you forget, the incumbent have not made any concrete promise to any party, region or cabal that he was not going to seek a second term as a matter of right. Nigeria is not the same country as South Africa and what may hold in that country does not necessarily hold in Nigeria. Indeed, some members of MEND are already warning others to stay clear. What we cannot predict is if Ebele will get votes from every region as he did before.

http://www.ngex.com/news/public/article.php?ArticleID=2128

1 Like

Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by Callotti: 2:36am On Mar 24, 2012
Still on to topic of splitting?
Those who wanno split should do so and get it over with.
Enough of the noise.

1 Like

Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by juman(m): 9:29am On Mar 24, 2012
Different nations.

What is important is to have Odua nation out of this nobody's country.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by Iolo(m): 9:50am On Mar 24, 2012
If @ all there's a split the country is likely to continue splitting until each of the major tribes in each political zone have a home for themselves. We'd have the North, Middle Belt, SW,SE, SS.

Now what the proponents of a split fail to realise is that each of the geo-political zones is like a Nigeria on its own with hundreds of tribes under a single dorminant tribe. There's bound to be friction, agitation for these lesser tribes to either be free from these unions and have strong representation in political affairs in fairness.

With that said, the problem with Nigeria is not that we are bound together, it's that we've failed to realise the advantages of our unity. We've failed to give the smallest man a sense of unity in every part of the country and some individuals still have the "this is my land, you shouldn't come and settle here mentality".

Truth is there should be ground rules for what constitutes residents and ancestoral owners of the land set forth by our constitution. Besides that, each individual must be able to settle, build a home or business in any part of the country without oppression or repression from the owners of the land.

Once the concept of residency comes into place, we'd have far less problems than we currently do.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by juman(m): 10:17am On Mar 24, 2012
No to one nigeria.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by Dede1(m): 2:34pm On Mar 24, 2012
Nigeria is a colonial blunder that must be erased. I do not give slightest fig if Igbo land turns into a heaven of corrupted Homo sapiens as long as it has no sovereign association with what used to be Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by nduchucks: 3:42pm On Mar 24, 2012
Dede1: Nigeria is a colonial blunder that must be erased. I do not give slightest fig if Igbo land turns into a heaven of corrupted Homo sapiens as long as it has no sovereign association with what used to be Nigeria.

What you are doing is calling for war, despite the fact that you've fought and lost the same war. Lets assume for a minute that the states in the Northern and SW parts of Nigeria allow you to separate, how do you expect to grab what you call Igbo land from the ND region? Do you think you can singlehandedly defeat the Ijaws, Isokos, and other ND people in a real war?

Your constant call for war is not very bright. You need to change this silly idea of breaking up Nigeria.
[b]G[/b]o
[b]O[/b]n
[b]W[/b]ith
[b]O[/b]ne
[b]N[/b]igeria
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by noiseless: 4:15pm On Mar 24, 2012
Blood drunken terrorist, you think your constant threat of war against people will help your already dead and rotten old tactics to keep drinking the blood of the poor innocent? SWINE!
ndu_chucks:

What you are doing is calling for war, despite the fact that you've fought and lost the same war. Lets assume for a minute that the states in the Northern and SW parts of Nigeria allow you to separate, how do you expect to grab what you call Igbo land from the ND region? Do you think you can singlehandedly defeat the Ijaws, Isokos, and other ND people in a real war?

Your constant call for war is not very bright. You need to change this silly idea of breaking up Nigeria.
[b]G[/b]o
[b]O[/b]n
[b]W[/b]ith
[b]O[/b]ne
[b]N[/b]igeria
Blood drunken terrorist, you think your constant threat of war against people will help your already dead and rotten old tactics to keep drinking the blood of the poor innocent? SWINE!
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by nduchucks: 4:27pm On Mar 24, 2012
noiseless: Blood drunken terrorist, you think your constant threat of war against people will help your already dead and rotten old tactics to keep drinking the blood of the poor innocent?

Do you know how to be civil at all? This is what happens when you give Baboons access to the internet. Get lost - you will not be getting any attention from me, go and find fellow Apes to chat with.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by Dede1(m): 4:47pm On Mar 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

[b]G[/b]o
[b]O[/b]n
[b]W[/b]ith
[b]O[/b]ne
[b]N[/b]igeria

It is only in the world of ndu_chucks that a call for nationalistic movement or sovereign nation tantamount to declaration of war. I guess you wanted to insult Ndigbo by posing this question – “Do you think you can singlehandedly defeat the Ijaws, Isokos, and other ND people in a real war?”

Ndigbo will not get good fight in squaring off against Nigeria without help from few African nations talk less Ijo, Isoko and other ND people. Republic of Igbo land will send Igbo girls in uniform to take care of any threat from the quarters you mentioned.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by noiseless: 5:32pm On Mar 24, 2012
Sniffer pig, if you knew how i would prefer you droping dead so that i can do something else with the time your MOMBO JOMBO cost me, you would just shut the f@ck off PIG.
ndu_chucks:

Do you know how to be civil at all? This is what happens when you give Baboons access to the internet. Get lost - you will not be getting any attention from me, go and find fellow Apes to chat with.
Sniffer pig, if you knew how i would prefer you droping dead so that i can do something else with the time your MOMBO JOMBO cost me, you would just shut the f@ck off PIG.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by easiest(m): 5:37pm On Mar 24, 2012
i presume we say things we know not to guess things here.. why will you some one want Nigeria to split?
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by noiseless: 5:38pm On Mar 24, 2012
Brov, tell him not bring other people in and carry out his threat, by the way did those niger deltan not bring his nigerian army to their knees, so he should be more worried about his hausa/fulani army.
Dede1:

It is only in the world of ndu_chucks that a call for nationalistic movement or sovereign nation tantamount to declaration of war. I guess you wanted to insult Ndigbo by posing this question – “Do you think you can singlehandedly defeat the Ijaws, Isokos, and other ND people in a real war?”

Ndigbo will not get good fight in squaring off against Nigeria without help from few African nations talk less Ijo, Isoko and other ND people. Republic of Igbo land will send Igbo girls in uniform to take care of any threat from the quarters you mentioned.
Brov, tell him not bring other people in and carry out his threat, by the way did those niger deltan not bring his nigerian army to their knees, so he should be more worried about his hausa/fulani army.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by nduchucks: 7:03pm On Mar 24, 2012
Dede1:

First, I remind you that Nigeria is already a sovereign nation recognized by the UN and all nations on earth as such. You of all people should now that calling for a separate sovereign nation within a great nation as ours is tantamount to treason. If your call gets serious enough, I guarantee you that Okorocha and others will ensure that you are dealt with accordingly.

Secondly, you claim that the outcome of the civil war would have been different if Nigeria had not received help from few African friends but you actually meant to state that you may have done better if you understood what it took to win a war. Please be advised that when you are at war, you don't fight fairly. You plan, you strategize, and seek the help of ANY willing friend in order to skew the odds in your favour. The incompetence and poor strategies employed by your commanders got you whipped easily.

You are going to make the same mistake again by believing you can fight the ND folks. Trust me, if it came to that, friends, motivated by the spoils (oil), will come out of the wood works and deal with you once more. 40years later, folks will say they lost the war because ND friends helped them. Before you contemplate the prosecution of any war, just remember that our people dey talk say: Anaghi eje akwa onye kwulu udo (No one attends the funeral of a suicide)
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by Dede1(m): 8:27pm On Mar 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

First, I remind you that Nigeria is already a sovereign nation recognized by the UN and all nations on earth as such. You of all people should now that calling for a separate sovereign nation within a great nation as ours is tantamount to treason. If your call gets serious enough, I guarantee you that Okorocha and others will ensure that you are dealt with accordingly.

Secondly, you claim that the outcome of the civil war would have been different if Nigeria had not received help from few African friends but you actually meant to state that you may have done better if you understood what it took to win a war. Please be advised that when you are at war, you don't fight fairly. You plan, you strategize, and seek the help of ANY willing friend in order to skew the odds in your favour. The incompetence and poor strategies employed by your commanders got you whipped easily.

You are going to make the same mistake again by believing you can fight the ND folks. Trust me, if it came to that, friends, motivated by the spoils (oil), will come out of the wood works and deal with you once more. 40years later, folks will say they lost the war because ND friends helped them. Before you contemplate the prosecution of any war, just remember that our people dey talk say: Anaghi eje akwa onye kwulu udo (No one attends the funeral of a suicide)

If I remembered correctly, agitation for sovereign nation does not originate from the sky. It is usually organized by group of people within the confines of sovereign nation often recognized by UN. So I believe your talk of treasonable felony is misguided.

As for the war you seem to reference, those who locked horns with Ndigbo and Biafras would not want to face Ndigbo again without the help from Britain, USSR, Australia, UAL, Egypt, Niger, Chad, Dahomy and Cameroon.

If there should be any spiral of arms in Nigeria now, there must be inter-tribal wars, aggressive territorial expansionism and sectional uneasiness. My people say Anaghi aso mgbagbu aga ogu (Essence of death does not prohibit war).
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by nduchucks: 8:40pm On Mar 24, 2012
Dede1:
If there should be any spiral of arms in Nigeria now, there must be inter-tribal wars, aggressive territorial expansionism and sectional uneasiness. My people say Anaghi aso mgbagbu aga ogu (Essence of death does not prohibit war).

The inter-tribal war you describe above can never and will never occur in Nigeria. Why is it difficult for you to see this glaring truth? Repent and join hands with us as we build this nation and take it to great heights. Your rebelion and constantly rooting for national failure is not helping you or your people.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by SamIkenna: 8:44pm On Mar 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You need to come down to the real world - wake up from this long dream of a domineering Nigeria where everyone must succumb to intimidation. Your kind of Nigeria makes me wanna throw up.

Besides, you need to stop pitting Igbo against Isoko, Ijaw, ND people etc, 'cuase its not smart. If you're a true Igbo son you would not make this statement: Lets assume for a minute that the states in the Northern and SW parts of Nigeria allow you to separate, how do you expect to grab what you call Igbo land from the ND region? Do you think you can singlehandedly defeat the Ijaws, Isokos, and other ND people in a real war? The people you mentioned are our brothers, we dont kill brothers. We dont even kill enemies except in defense.

Nigeria is not sacrosanct, if it doesnt get its act together or if people keep getting mowed down because of their faith and ethnicity then be assured that we wont last long as "one Nigeria."
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by nduchucks: 9:00pm On Mar 24, 2012
Sam_Ikenna:

Besides, you need to stop getting pitting Igbo against Isoko, Ijaw, ND people etc, 'cuase its not smart. If you're a true Igbo son you would not make this statement: Lets assume for a minute that the states in the Northern and SW parts of Nigeria allow you to separate, how do you expect to grab what you call Igbo land from the ND region? Do you think you can singlehandedly defeat the Ijaws, Isokos, and other ND people in a real war? The people you mentioned are our brothers, we dont kill brothers. We dont even kill enemies except in defense.

Nigeria is not sacrosanct, if it doesnt get its act together or if people keep getting mowed down because of their faith and ethnicity then be assured that we wont last long as "one Nigeria."

I am not surprised that when you people are cornered with superior points, you quickly seek refuge and hide under the skirt of "You are pitting Igbo against Isoko, Ijaw, ND people e.t.c" . Well, that is not good enough. You, on the one hand, claim that the said people in the littoral states are your brothers and you don't kill your brothers, while on the other hand, you claim that half or one-third of the land in the littoral states belongs to Igbo. You further, through your unrepentant and able Chief spokesman, nwannem Dede1, state that "If there should be any spiral of arms in Nigeria now, there must be inter-tribal wars, aggressive territorial expansionism and sectional uneasiness"

Pray tell, how are you going to fight this inter tribal war without killing? Abi na Juju una go take make Ijaw people, Isoko people, Ogonis, and others disappear from their land wey una dey call Igbo land? Stop speaking from both sides of your mouth. Give up this unpatriotic talk of biafra and join us in building a new Nigeria. Its about time, buddy.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by SamIkenna: 9:25pm On Mar 24, 2012
Ijaw land is for Ijaw people, Isoko land belongs to Isoko, Igboland belongs to Igbo, Hausa land is for Hausa, etc. I dont know where you're getting your info from and its not my headache. However, I want to reiterate that Igbos and many southerners are brothers and based on that we will not fight. I wish you would say you'll not fight up north like I said here.

You always jump to defend Nigeria and its colosal failure yet you cry each time almajiris and other poor folks get dehumanized, sounds like multiple personality to me. Anyway, I like the personality that wants to feed the poor but I abhor the side that thinks we all must board a sinking ship.

Brother, what Nigeria means to you is not what it means to me. Anyway, I'm out.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by OneNaira6: 9:33pm On Mar 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

I am not surprised that when you people are cornered with superior points, you quickly seek refuge and hide under the skirt of "You are pitting Igbo against Isoko, Ijaw, ND people e.t.c" . Well, that is not good enough. You, on the one hand, claim that the said people in the littoral states are your brothers and you don't kill your brothers, while on the other hand, you claim that half or one-third of the land in the littoral states belongs to Igbo. You further, through your unrepentant and able Chief spokesman, nwannem Dede1, state that "If there should be any spiral of arms in Nigeria now, there must be inter-tribal wars, aggressive territorial expansionism and sectional uneasiness"

Pray tell, how are you going to fight this inter tribal war without killing? Abi na Juju una go take make Ijaw people, Isoko people, Ogonis, and others disappear from their land wey una dey call Igbo land? Stop speaking from both sides of your mouth. Give up this unpatriotic talk of biafra and join us in building a new Nigeria. Its about time, buddy.

I literally just busted my guts laughing hard right now. What is your definition of superior if I may ask? If any of what you wrote up there before this post is deemed superior in your mind then dude you have to be the dumbest person I've ever met. First of all, it is not the SW or north decision if Nigeria can separate, if the UN signs the two nations to separate, there is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing SW or north can do about it. Seeing how the superior powers whom hold the high chairs on UN are actually putting dates on Nigeria separation therefore it is very logical to say such task is plausible in the near future so you can shove your one Nigeria back to where you got it from. Second of all, why oh why would Isoko, Urhobo, Ijaw, etc fight with Igbo over Igbo land in NL, last time checked from both Sam and dede1 posts, they speak on Aniomaland anytime they mention delta state, not once have I seen them drag other tribes land in their delta state analogy or do you want me to start pulling their post for una one-sided reading. First of all, do you think Anioma's will sit put while this fight range and second of all, do you think ND is anyway similar to other Nigeria mindset. If una no sabi ND, go live in ND. If any group in ND wishes to leave ND, the remaining groups would not say or do anything, the decision is on them (hence if Anioma decided to leave, such fight you just mention will not surface, vice versa for anyother group thus yes it pitting groups against group knowing damn well what you wrote isn't the reality of life.)Sometime I think you and Alj_harem are the same person. Why una like dragging ND into conversation that has NOTHING to do with them is way beyond me except seeing it as a pitiful, cowardly attempt to use others as una shield. Anyway, if Biafra becomes a reality, ND groups will fight to separate out of Nigeria as well and create their own country. The only people whom still think Nigeria is working or the One Nigeria mindset is North and maybe SW. SW is unreadable, nobody knows their decision, one minute when it suits them they speak of separation and the next minute when it suits them they are on the bandwagon of one Nigeria. SMH on that.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by noiseless: 9:58pm On Mar 24, 2012
@malam alaj ndu_chuks. The big fat sniffer pig, fight your battle on your own have ran out suicide bombers, why are you dragging niger delta in this? or your alamijiri foot soldiers can't do your killings anymore? PIG!
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by nduchucks: 10:01pm On Mar 24, 2012
One_Naira:

First of all, it is not the SW or north decision if Nigeria can separate, if the UN signs the two nations to separate, there is nothing and I mean absolutely nothing SW or north can do about it. Seeing how the superior powers whom hold the high chairs on UN are actually putting dates on Nigeria separation therefore it is very logical to say such task is plausible in the near future so you can shove your one Nigeria back to where you got it from.

You are delusional. Continue to bury your head in the sand by believing that some superior powers are putting dates on Nigeria's separation. Here is what United States of America’s Ambassador to Nigeria, Terrence McCulley, had to say about your wishful thinking last month:

“No US government official predicted that Nigeria will break up by 2015. That statement must have emanated from a private agency but clearly not from the government. I must state at this point that the US is interested in Nigeria as a very important country in Africa. We have been impressed by the role played by Nigeria in the peace process in the sub-region and even beyond.”

This idiotic idea of separation is only popular among you exiles. The vast majority of Ndigbo are hard working and do not share your philosophy of separation. They've tried before and failed. Most are not as foolish as you are.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by OneNaira6: 10:07pm On Mar 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

You are delusional. Continue to bury your head in the sand by believing that some superior powers are putting dates on Nigeria's separation. Here is what United States of America’s Ambassador to Nigeria, Terrence McCulley, had to say about your wishful thinking last month:

“No US government official predicted that Nigeria will break up by 2015. That statement must have emanated from a private agency but clearly not from the government. I must state at this point that the US is interested in Nigeria as a very important country in Africa. We have been impressed by the role played by Nigeria in the peace process in the sub-region and even beyond.”

This idiotic idea of separation is only popular among you exiles. The vast majority of Ndigbo are hard working and do not share your philosophy of separation. They've tried before and failed. Most are not as foolish as you are.

LMFAO @ this you post. Dude you are more ignorant than I thought. He's a USA ambassador to NIGERIA. Do you know what Ambassador do? They make sure the relationship between the nation of the two states are peachy. Of course he'll say that like DUH?

@ the highlighted
Do us all a favor and speak of what you know, if you are ignorant of something, be smart enough and STFU. The need to speak for others why do it na? it did not work for ND, now una are trying to do the same for Igbo, why don't you people speak for your people simple. must you speak for others in other to force one Nigeria down our throat.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by nduchucks: 10:23pm On Mar 24, 2012
One_Naira:

Do us all a favor and speak of what you know, if you are ignorant of something, be smart enough and STFU. The need to speak for others why do it na? it did not work for ND, now una are trying to do the same for Igbo, why don't you people speak for your people simple. must you speak for others in other to force one Nigeria down our throat.

Nigerians are my people, olodo. Your leaders, and the vast majority of Igbos on ground here in Nigeria, do not share your view. If indeed a majority of the people of the SE believe in separation, then why the secrecy in making their objectives known. What is stopping them from simply acting on the wishes of Ndigbo? The answer is that, only you exiles have that opinion, it is not a popular opinion as you'll have us believe. Its not enough to simply wish for separation and pond your chests on the internet. Declare your separation already and see if Okorocha and others will not throw your behind in jail.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by Callotti: 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2012
Gbam!
Or greener pastures in DARAMATU!
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by OneNaira6: 10:31pm On Mar 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Nigerians are my people, olodo. Your leaders, and the vast majority of Igbos on ground here in Nigeria, do not share your view. If indeed a majority of the people of the SE believe in separation, then why the secrecy in making their objectives known. What is stopping them from simply acting on the wishes of Ndigbo? The answer is that, only you exiles have that opinion, it is not a popular opinion as you'll have us believe. Its not enough to simply wish for separation and pond your chests on the internet. Declare your separation already and see if Okorocha and others will not throw your behind in jail.

ROFLMFAO and the ignorance continue. Speaking for others didnot work for ND, so the new tatics is for SE grin grin grin. My liver just followed my gut in busting with laughter. The leaders of SE are chopping money, do you honestly think they speak for us or do you think any of us trust am or are you too ignorant to deny not noticing the amount of insult Igbo spew on them on NL and outside? They are born and bred and govern by the Nigerian politics, if anything they are CORRUPT as it can get since they have lived and drank from the corruption water that Nigeria dishes out to leaders. I don't know about you but I do not see any Nigerian leader as my leader thus they do not speak for me and I think pretty much every Igbo would say the same thing. If anything, when and I really mean WHEN Nigeria separate and Biafra become a reality, all those leaders should be locked up until cleansed off the Nigerian water they've been drinking.

Lastly as for the people, I suppose the occupy Nigeria saga didn't teach una anything. Conduct a survey right now in East and among Igbo outside of East and come back to reality upon seeing the answer. LMFAO, keep swinging that sh1t around, if it helps you sleep at night, the one Nigeria is everyone wish.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by Dede1(m): 10:38pm On Mar 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

For the sake of posterity, can you, without iota of bias, indicate the boundary lines between Ogoni, Ijo and Isoko? The ethnic groups mentioned have never for one day engaged Igbo in a fight over anything talk less of a piece of land. I think what kept you on the dark side of ignorance about boundary lines and peaceful co-existence among the ethnic groups in the southeast of Nigeria is the unwarranted and draconian boundary adjustment executed by Yoruba and Hausa.

You sounded very condescendingly disingenuous when you referenced that Ndigbo had ulterior motives to claim lands belonging to minorities because of crude oil. Ndigbo will give away crude oil free of charge if it is a requirement to gain sovereignty. However, Ndigbo had not intention whatsoever to forfeit what belongs to them.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by nduchucks: 10:45pm On Mar 24, 2012
One_Naira:

ROFLMFAO and the ignorance continue. Speaking for others didnot work for ND, so the new tatics is for SE grin grin grin. My liver just followed my gut in busting with laughter. The leaders of SE are chopping money, do you honestly think they speak for us or do you think any of us trust am? They are born and bred and govern by the Nigerian politics, if anything they are CORRUPT as it can get since they have lived and drank from the corruption water that Nigeria dishes out to leaders. I don't know about you but I do not see any Nigerian leader as my leader. If anything, when and I really mean WHEN Nigeria separate and Biafra become a reality, all those leaders should be locked up until cleansed off the Nigerian water they've been drinking.

Lastly as for the people, I suppose the occupy Nigeria saga didn't teach una anything. Conduct a survey right now in East and among Igbo outside of East and come back to reality upon seeing the answer. LMFAO, keep swinging that sh1t around, if it helps you sleep at night, the one Nigeria is everyone wish.

First off, the vast majority of Ndigbo reside outside of Igbo land in Nigeria and separation is the last thing they wish for themselves and their families. They want us to have a successful country. Secondly, why do you people keep voting for the leaders who do not represent your wishes?

Please tell me how you plan to wrestle power away from your leaders who control your military and economic power? These are leaders you've admitted do not share your views on separation? Frankly you are in denial and you are delusional. I feel sorry for you too. You may roll on the floor until your black a$$ turns into a red one (remember say una sand sand na red) Mumu.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by nduchucks: 10:54pm On Mar 24, 2012
Dede1:

For the sake of posterity, can you, without iota of bias, indicate the boundary lines between Ogoni, Ijo and Isoko? The ethnic groups mentioned have never for one day engaged Igbo in a fight over anything talk less of a piece of land. I think what kept you on the dark side of ignorance about boundary lines and peaceful co-existence among the ethnic groups in the southeast of Nigeria is the unwarranted and draconian boundary adjustment executed by Yoruba and Hausa.

You sounded very condescendingly disingenuous when you referenced that Ndigbo had ulterior motives to claim lands belonging to minorities because of crude oil. Ndigbo will give away crude oil free of charge if it is a requirement to gain sovereignty. However, Ndigbo had not intention whatsoever to forfeit what belongs to them.

If we are able to build a nation with a constitution which is fair to all and provides for 100% resource control to the states, and true Federalism, will you give up this idea of separation? If we can achieve the aforementioned, say within 5 - 10 years without a war, wouldn't that be preferable with this total separation you are calling for?
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by ACM10: 10:56pm On Mar 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Chei! What an insult?!

I only blame the British colonialists.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by OneNaira6: 11:26pm On Mar 24, 2012
ndu_chucks:

First off, the vast majority of Ndigbo reside outside of Igbo land in Nigeria and separation is the last thing they wish for themselves and their families. They want us to have a successful country. Secondly, why do you people keep voting for the leaders who do not represent your wishes?

Please tell me how you plan to wrestle power away from your leaders who control your military and economic power? These are leaders you've admitted do not share your views on separation? Frankly you are in denial and you are delusional. I feel sorry for you too. You may roll on the floor until your black a$$ turns into a red one (remember say una sand sand na red) Mumu.

You must be smoking something high when you wrote this. So who reside in East? grin grin grin Nwoke you will kill me with laughter today I see.

Since una do not understand business, let me help una out. I dare ask why Asians all over Nigeria and Africa are even though Nigeria and pretty much Africa cannot in anyway boast about half of what Asian states have? Answer: Business. shikena, full stop. I think pretty much everyone can attest Igbo are business minded and just like the Jews, the Asians, the Indians, even the Europeans, the Igbo travel all over the world, including places beneath their area if it has potential to advance their business. Olodo go take a business class biko, don't be ignorant and throwing silly statistics everywhere.
I've seen too many Igbo ask this and no one has giving us an answer so I'll ask it again since you dragged that line of thought into this. Beside Lagos, Abuja and Kano, where else are Igbo on other parts of Nigeria in a high extent if we exclude SE and SS? Don't lie either, too many of us have traveled around Nigeria therefore we know the answer.

In align with the bolded, are you that ignorant? you've never realized people have the ability to overthrow their leaders? Are you seriously that dumb? Do read the Haiti history, followed by reading the events occurring in Mali right now. Actually listing all the revolutions and rebellion that came out in success will take me a lifetime thus
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_revolutions_and_rebellions
Dude why do you like to display your ignorance everywhere. You no dey shame?

In regards to the successful country part of your speech. You got that right, I think pretty much every Igbo person will agree with you. We do want a successful country but Nigeria has proven on daily basis it can and will never be a successful country so it is best to separate. What do you people fear? Heya, kpele!!!

I said the leaders do not speak for me or any Igbo.

Can I speak for the leaders? No
Do I know them? No.
Do I have any idea what is their opinion of Nigeria and separation? NO thus I'm going to ask POINT OUT where I, One _naira, mentioned the leaders do not wish for separation.

Come back with something logical olodo, no wonder the north is such a backwards region because una think the leaders are people to speak for una. Pretty much every Nigerian leader will do whatever it is to benefit themselves and themselves alone. They neither wish nor have the interest of their people in their heart and any fool with half a brain knows this thus they are irrelevant (that was my line of comment up). Gone the days the leaders have the interest of its people. The people, the citizen whom reside in that region, are the ones that matter thus if we take a look at SE, SS, etc, pretty much everyone scream and beg for the day they can save themselves from the hell lord lugard put us in. Suffering and smiling just like every Nigerian to book.

You can feel sorry for me jare, I'm laughing at you anyway so the feeling sorry just joined the laughter. Ewoo, I pity you that's why I'm laughing at you. You are as desperate as it can get. You see the one-Nigeria bullsh1t is crumbling as the day goes by and we have the North and their leaders to thank for that if una no know thus una need to speak on the behalf of others to make it seem one Nigeria is still the belief of every Nigerian even though many groups have spoken against it many times both on NL and outside. You are pathetic!!!! but continue swinging that sh1t around if it helps you sleep at night.
Re: They Want Nigeria To Split. Split Into What Exactly? by CyberG: 12:48am On Mar 25, 2012
Dede1: Nigeria is a colonial blunder that must be erased. I do not give slightest fig if Igbo land turns into a heaven of corrupted Homo sapiens as long as it has no sovereign association with what used to be Nigeria.

LOL. . .this bald-headed, fat man is still throwing tantrums about his lost candy? I have been away for quite a while and I am back to see you still stomping on the NL e-ground?? When will you actually lead your army to a real fight to break Nigeria like you have been hallucinating? Answer quick because if you don't kick the bucket soon, the bucket will kick you sooner - the result is the same! grin grin tongue tongue

(1) (2) (Reply)

Dagogo-jack Takes Over From Nnaji As Head Of Presidential Task Force On Power / Justice Ayo Salami Reinstated / Strange:- 700yrs old skeleton couple found holding hands photos, www..net

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.