Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,753 members, 7,817,083 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? (5987 Views)

Igbo Hating And The Rhetoric Of Patrotism / Have You Registered For Your National Identity Card / Have You Registered To Vote? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by sley4life(m): 4:45pm On Jan 20, 2011
nope. u cn create a poll
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by sirp2007: 4:48pm On Jan 20, 2011
inec should try and improve on d time it takes 2 register 1 person,the queue in my area is growing by d day.the corpers normally start from where they stopped d previous day.my number now is 695 and they have nt register up to number 25.l must definetly REGISTER and VOTE no matter d challenge
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by blank(f): 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2011
I was initially discouraged by the news reports of rowdiness n long queues so I had made up my mind not 2 bother. However, my husband did and said it was less than 10minutes so I set out 2day 2 register.

In my area in Surulere, there are about 3 points 2 register. I drove past in d morning around 9. The youth corp members were twiddling their thumbs and looking bored. No one in sight. I went 2 d market, bank, etc n returned by 2pm. There were 2 people at one point n d next one just had one person.

I quickly joined n sat down. It was over b4 I knew it. No stress, no issues with d equipment ( the only issue was trying 2 position d camera properly which took some time). As I left, I was left wondering what d hell people were complaining of. As I left no one joined d queue.

Pls, people, go n register n don't let people discourage u.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by amanze15(m): 6:04pm On Jan 20, 2011
took me three days to register shocked shocked was crazy people are voting its not the corp members in any way its just the whole set of ddc is a pack of used and tired system thats all
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by chei: 10:36am On Jan 21, 2011
I tried registering, but I got rejected and dejected by the goddamn devices. Wont bother to register next time.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by kokorunna(m): 12:14pm On Jan 21, 2011
Its a joke with those voting thumb machines, what a waste of time.

Another easy way to rig the elections, whoever came up with the ideas of this machines is a crook, dumb and corrupted.

No civilised country uses them.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by MaiSuya(m): 1:33pm On Jan 21, 2011
deleted shocked
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by johndoe200: 2:52pm On Jan 21, 2011
I just registered, it took about 6 minutes. Seems INEC has got it's act in order.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by Jarus(m): 3:28pm On Jan 21, 2011
Good to hear that.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by seanet02: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2011
Me i have already registered since the second day. Took just 10 minutes. Register and vote. Dont complain about bad governance if you dont register and vote.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by rasputinn(m): 4:05pm On Jan 22, 2011
2 days ago(eventually after two earlier days of trying)
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by rasputinn(m): 4:08pm On Jan 22, 2011
kokorunna:

Its a joke with those voting thumb machines, what a waste of time.

Another easy way to rig the elections, whoever came up with the ideas of this machines is a crook, dumb and corrupted.

No civilised country uses them.

Exactly
Why on earth do they need to scan ten fingers,couldn't the thumb have been enough.The ten finger scaning thingy is the thing that causes all the delay and hiccup in the excercise,whoever came up with that idea should be jailed
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by oseiwe(m): 7:36pm On Jan 22, 2011
The real problem is dat Jega imported sub-standard laptops. We had to upgrade our own personally to v1.8 cos dey brought v1.0, d laptops are frm Zinox and Haier and dey are not worth than 10k in d market. The lappy's RAM is v.small dats why deres problem and no daily allowance for us, but d community dey try small wit feeding & accomodation.

But the thing is dat all dose talk abt one man one vote no dey work cos we dey circumvent d thing to please PDP and our hosts, na who pay we dey obey.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by Osama10(m): 4:11am On Jan 23, 2011
undecided
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by Kilode1: 4:22am On Jan 23, 2011
oseiwe:

But the thing is dat all dose talk abt one man one vote no dey work cos we dey circumvent d thing to please PDP and our hosts, na who pay we dey obey.

If PDP wins and you don't have a job, your roads are not fixed, no water to drink, no good hospital to go, don't let me hear you blaming GEJ o! he already paid, so don't blame the man.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by otokx(m): 6:20pm On Jan 23, 2011
not yet, went 2day and met a crowd of over 30 people in queue, may try again 2moro.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by semid4lyfe(m): 6:31pm On Jan 23, 2011
I registered yesterday and I've posted my experience in the INEC Voters Registration: Eyewitness Accounts thread.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by otokx(m): 9:42am On Jan 24, 2011
been on the queue for the past 45 minutes and its not funny; der seems no end in sight
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by otokx(m): 3:40pm On Jan 24, 2011
After standing for 6 hours i finally finished the process.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by ronkeenuf(f): 5:20pm On Jan 24, 2011
It has been almost impossible registering in my area in Agric, Ikorodu, Lagos. My parents had to get to the registration point 6:30am to pick numbers in the thirties. They did this for 3 days before they finally got registered. I was determined to do same over the weekend to discover the registration officials had been transferred from the known point to a rather unknown area. But as determined as I am, I'll make sure I register to vote even if it has to be outside my area(at least for gubernatorial and presidential elections sake).

I have the inkling the Poverty Development Party is planning to use my area as their rigging spot. One of the NYSC members posted to my area even said they've been told to stop registration when they hit 5,000 and the population in my area should be at about 8,000(this is an underestimation o). Should they even determine how many to be registered at all?
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by maclatunji: 8:06pm On Jan 24, 2011
I registered last Friday, received me voter's card on Saturday, the process is now faster in my area.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by Dave6: 8:29pm On Jan 24, 2011
Yes
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by chinkelly(m): 1:24am On Jan 25, 2011
Voters register SICK!
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by otokx(m): 7:29am On Jan 25, 2011
really sick
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by Taymi: 9:09am On Jan 25, 2011
It all depends on the area you are living, i have experienced both the easy and hard way.
Listen, i live in akute,ogun state. God, it was like a battle field, the first time i went there,i got there around 8am and met like 50people, some said they've been there since 6am, at the end of the day 28people was registered and i was number 52. The next time i went there was with a neighbour that have a car,we actually went to another centre arround cos they have two machines,there we took our numer which was 20 and 21,so we decided to go and eat,dont forget that the people registring us were not there yet. Before we came back the number was no more effective,everyone just rushed there wen the registra came arround and they were attendinding to them according to the line up. God, we were so devastated,immediately,she got in the car and we drove down to my mum's office at agege local government, when we got to the centre, we didnt spend ten mimutes there. When we got to akute, we called a guy who was number thirteen in akute cos he is the woman's mechanic and he said he is still there,now we cant vote in akute. So,it depends on the area
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by otokx(m): 1:40pm On Jan 26, 2011
This whole thing is just very disheartening.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by zayhal(f): 10:44pm On Jan 26, 2011
Yeah. I registered yesterday.

Whether I'll vote or not is another issue entirely. sad
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by spyder880(m): 11:05am On Jan 27, 2011
just registered some minutes ago. Not too much stress.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by Dave6: 11:41am On Jan 27, 2011
I have already registered and collected my card. I was the 459th person at the center last week. The particular center where I registered reached their target of 700 last week. They were waiting for any extension for the registration exercise by the FG in order to apply for a new register, and I think they've collected it as some of my peeps registered at that same center yesterday.
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by semid4lyfe(m): 12:57pm On Jan 27, 2011
Underage kids registering up north. Read more HERE
Re: Beyond Rhetoric, Have You Registered? by TeadroTec: 1:33pm On Jan 27, 2011
Teadro Info Tech, best known I.T school in Port Harcourt for its cutting-edge training where more of I.T practicals are emphasized in:
ORACLE, CISCO, MCITP, COMPTIA A+ and N+, MOS , IC3 and much more IS AT IT AGAIN! ! !,

Offering 100 percent scholarship to meritorious students. ABSOLUTELY FREE[/size][size=8pt]
NO gimmick, no registration fee, its totally free!!!
Teadro scholarship scheme is an annual scholarship program to empower the youths through ICT training and also to create opportunities for job placement.

Additional benefits include participants been enlisted on our consultant Database for job placement with any of the following: Telecom, Banks, ISPs, Oil and Gas and so on,

Remember, scholarship is based on merit, so come along with your writing materials for a 45 minutes test at Teadro InfoTech centre, 76 stadium road Port Harcourt or call 08036086061.
This is a rare opportunity where you can get yourself certified and grounded in I.T field at just no cost. Take advantage of this grand opportunity NOW!!!

Venue: 76 Stadium Road Port Harcourt
Date: 12th February 2011
Time: 9:00 am prompt!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sun Governor Of The Year 2018 Award: Gov. Ugwuanyi Receives Notification Letter / Obasanjo Disrespected Tinubu ( Photos) / Anambra Beach Party (video & Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.