Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,651 members, 7,851,224 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:21 PM

Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? (47818 Views)

Have You Collected Your PVC Yet? / Have You Collected Your PVC?? / Banky W You Collected N57million From Buhari – Woman Calls Out Singer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Nobody: 3:53pm On May 18, 2020
I registered around September 2013, got it in April 2019.

I nearly gave up fa.

The card just dey useless for house.

I overheard the NIMC official at Ikeja saying that the government was not funding them properly.

You can read my experience on getting the card here https://chrisakuneme.com/my-national-id-card-took-years-to-be-issued/
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Ugonna62: 3:57pm On May 18, 2020
for 6 Years now i am still waiting for mine meanwhile to achieve zero mortality rate in brooding of your day old chicks,check my signature
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by JohnQ01(m): 3:59pm On May 18, 2020
Mine is 6yrs now, I've gone to their office at Alausa severally, the answer is = Not Ready
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 18, 2020
Registered since 2013 at Alausa Sectariat..Up till this moment..I haven't heard nothing..
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Nobody: 4:01pm On May 18, 2020
Did mine in 6 years ago in Ilorin...
Nigeria go better undecided
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by oluwasegun007(m): 4:02pm On May 18, 2020
Donald3d:
grin grin Guys should we tell him ?

Naahhhb...

Let us wait till after Covid 19
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by chindafrankox(m): 4:03pm On May 18, 2020
I did since 2013 till now I haven’t gotten
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Boscojo: 4:04pm On May 18, 2020
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Nobody: 4:07pm On May 18, 2020
yes. registered 2013. got it 2016
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Alecssander(m): 4:08pm On May 18, 2020
I did mine around 2017 I was told it takes two years but I haven't actually gone there to check for it
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 18, 2020
My own is 8 years
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Realdeals(m): 4:21pm On May 18, 2020
I registered in 2013 and collected the card April 2019.

If you registered in 2013/2014, I'll advice you visit NIMC office for revalidation, especially if you did it at any of their state headquarters.

I did mine at Alausa in 2013, I had to revisit in 2017 to ask for my card. They struggled before pulling up my data after collecting the brown slip.

They reprinted another slip, telling me the first one is no longer valid.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Onarabu: 4:22pm On May 18, 2020
Yello1:
2013 and still waiting for godot

Got captured 2013 and collected this year February!
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Yello1(m): 4:23pm On May 18, 2020
Onarabu:

Got captured 2013 and collected this year February!
Did mine December wen did u do ur?
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by ExcellencyFSA: 4:29pm On May 18, 2020
Did mine early 2016 and collected it later that year at Government Secretariat and Osogbo. In fact, it will expire January 2021.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Sixfeetbelle: 4:35pm On May 18, 2020
sapientia:
If you registered, you should receive an SMS telling you that you will be informed when its ready.

When its ready, you will receive an SMS.

If you have lost the sim you used in registering for it, then forget about it.

I got this sms last year but am yet to make any move to get to any of their office though it seems drivers licence and voters card have more value than it.

The SMS "Dear Cardholder, your National eID Card expired on 31-12-2019. Kindly visit any of our offices for renewal. For further information, call 08068983386"

When did you do it? I did mine in 2016 and I didn't receive such message
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Abubakarsadiqgr: 4:36pm On May 18, 2020
Mine also since 2014 i haven't had anything from the management.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by JeffreyLiaison(m): 4:37pm On May 18, 2020
Am i the only one that is seeing height as 26cm in that guys own
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by ikcid: 4:41pm On May 18, 2020
Did mine in May 2014.. No show till this very moment.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by munezo(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2020
YES
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by chukwukadi(m): 4:44pm On May 18, 2020
I want to do another registration. ..is it possible
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by cassyrooy(m): 4:45pm On May 18, 2020
Romanoff:
Mine is even expiring this year.

I collected it in 2015 and they expect me to pay 3k to renew it.

The good thing about it is, instead of writing year 2020 as the expiry date, they put "OCT/20". So to me, I've made the expiry year whatever I want it to be. It can be year 2090 sef for all I care.
See as sense wan kee you? cheesy
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by devbits: 4:52pm On May 18, 2020
Did mine 2015, yet to get it...
we are in a new era, the era of tech and trust me Nigerians are damn good in tech, capturing,committing and printing shudnt take less than 15mins at most.

it's not rocket science.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by freeman67: 4:54pm On May 18, 2020
Brendaniel:

2. From my observation I don't know how true but it looks like the northerners are the highest receivers of the ID card, because the crowd I saw there the day I collected mine was overwhelmingly north( I'm not accusing any tribe it's just my observation, maybe they enrolled more)

Congratulations, for being able to get it despite all the challenges you went through. Majority of us that registered about the same time with op have not gotten it. Worst part of my situation is that I received a What'sapp message early this year where the NIMC Boss was saying all the cards were ready that we could check whether we got message or not and I went to their HQ where I registered to pick it up only to be told after check that it was not yet ready.

However, I believe the part of your observations stated above is not completely correct. Reason being that my name is completely Arabic without any native name and I have not been able to get but my spouse who bears complete Eastern/ English name has not only collected hers but have finished with the first one. She has been getting SMS to come and renew it since last year.

We both registered at their HQ in Wuse Zone 5, Abuja at the same period. She bear combination of Igbo & English names. While, I on the other hand bear complete Arabic names, I have gone to that office for collection 3 times since I did it about 6-7 years ago. The last being early this year before covid. In all my 3 visits, I was told it was not ready after checking their system.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Realtizzy(m): 4:55pm On May 18, 2020
They sent me text and i went to collect it from their office in the state i did it
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by cassyrooy(m): 5:01pm On May 18, 2020
I did my registration at their HQ in Abuja in 2013, my friends mom did in 2014 and got it like 6 months later.

I visited them in 2015 and they assured me that I'll get the card but never stated when.

November 2018, I received a text message from NIMC to come pick it up.

I've since picked it up, but it took 5years and some months.

My advice to anyone who needs a valid means of identification, just do passport, although, those immigration guys will still collect something to speed up everything within 1month.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by mechanics(m): 5:01pm On May 18, 2020
I have not o, the process to collect the card is very slow.
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Vickygirk(f): 5:07pm On May 18, 2020
Goalnaldo:
I copied the NIN in my phone before I lost the slip. I think I can collect it using that.

Lucky you.
I'm not so bothered anyway
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Boscojo: 5:20pm On May 18, 2020
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by DonTattaglia: 5:20pm On May 18, 2020
Brendaniel:
I traveled to Abuja for a job interview in 2014, like play my Mum said we should all go and register for national ID, I reluctantly went with my brothers, we did the capturing and all and they asked us to wait for SMS, later I did the job interview which did not sail through, went back to Lagos with my brothers and none of us received any SMS, fast-forward to 2015 I travelled to Abuja again to stay with my mum while I do one or two things here and there, few weeks later received and SMS with a code in it for proof that I received the SMS from NIMC that my card was ready ( somehow I was the only one who received the SMS out of all of us who went the same day).

The same day I received the SMS armed robbers attacked us the same night and my phone which received the SMS was part of their loot, Now I had lost the SMS and even the Pin CODE in it, My Mum encouraged me to still go that I should try and explain, I decided to go, when I got to their office if you see the crowd, it was like they told these aboki guys that they were sharing money at NIMC office grin because 95 percent of the crowd were notherners, Now I knew it wouldn't be so easy because it was like a northern gathering and also I had no evidence again to show that I even received the SMS, their offices were just filled up, while standing thinking what I should do I saw a man standing not too far from Me and He was talking on the phone or so( An Hausa man), my spirit told me to talk to the man that He could be of help.

So I walked up to him and explained everything that happened to my surprise He told me to follow Him took Me through the crowd to an office that looks like their ICT department and Instructed the lady on the computer to ensure She assists me to collect my card, My people to cut the long story short, not only did I get help I also collected my card the same day and it was activated the same day.

This ID card later became a tool in the ladder of financial level of success I am today, each time I think of it I just keep thanking God.

THINGS I NOTICED ABOUT THIS WHOLE NIMC STUFF:

1. We were 3 who did the registration the same day I was the only one who received SMS till date none of them have received SMS neither have they collected theirs even my mum who did a year before me has not received SMS nor collected hers.

2. From my observation I don't know how true but it looks like the northerners are the highest receivers of the ID card, because the crowd I saw there the day I collected mine was overwhelmingly north( I'm not accusing any tribe it's just my observation, maybe they enrolled more)

3. When the card expires you will receive another SMS telling you that your card has expired and you should come with 5k to their office to renew it.

What is the essence of this story? What is there to learn?
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by Torie8(f): 5:21pm On May 18, 2020
I did mine 2017 till date no show
Re: Have You Collected Your NIMC Card? by greenskittles: 5:27pm On May 18, 2020
On Twitter they said they're no longer giving out these kind of cards. That the paper slip serves as your ID card now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

"Why Igbo Man Can Never Be Nigeria’s President" – Junaid Mohammed / Sowore: AGF Malami Orders DSS To Hands-Off Trial, Takes Over Case-file / Buhari And Saraki Smile At Each Other During Independence Celebration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 102
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.