Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,195 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:59 AM

My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba (452 Views)

Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara / My Donation To Peter Obi Presidential Campaign - Photo / Kano: 'they Tried To Whisk Away Results To Govt House, We Did This" - (pix, Vide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba by ApplesBiteMag: 9:47pm On May 17, 2020
Since his appointment as Chairperson of the Creative Industry Covid-19 Advisory Committee, Veteran Stand up Comedian and actor Atunyota Akpoboriome popularly known as Ali Baba has come under criticism in some spheres within the creative space.

There is the conjecture making rounds that the entertainment impresario had allegedly induced the government with his covid-19 financial donation to earn his recent appointment to sit on top of the Creative Industry Covid-19 Advisory Committee.

Reacting to this claim, Ali Baba in a recent conversation with Apple’s Bite International Magazine, dismissed the allegation as lacking substance, but rather passed it as a contrived theory construed by minds that could not see beyond their nose.

“Most of our people have problems with their minds and the quality of what they think. Why would anybody think the donation I made to the government influenced my appointment on the creative industry committee? Did I also give money to influence the national honor I got?

“How much was even the donation? I have given more money to individuals, than I donated to the government to fight the pandemic. Those ones were not just public knowledge, because it was not in the media. In the last five years, I have bought not less than six cars as gifts, given cash gifts, paid house rents, paid for music video shoots and even more.

“Moreover, the donation I made was done to the Lagos State Government, so how did that influence a federal government appointment? The issues is most of our people are infantile in thinking, and they come up with different hypothesis to give credence to their shallowness.

“It is people like that would criticize banks for making donations to the government to fight covid-19, and still come out to declare loses. In between this lock down, I have lost four jobs, which are apparently bigger than my donation. That is Corporate Social Responsibility,” he said.

Speaking further, Ali Baba explained that this criticisms take different forms, “This minds can’t seems to wrap heads around forward thinking. For instance, I am a road safety marshal, when driving, and I meet a traffic jam, I simply alight and try to direct cars to ease the jam,, some people say I am showing off.

“I have always being a proponent of the point that government does not need to give us money, but rather they should create an enabling environment for our trades to thrive. The industry needs a rejig, and that has always been my drift for the industry,” he submitted.

Credit:

https://applesbite.com/1243-2/

Re: My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba by Homeboiy: 9:49pm On May 17, 2020
Story
Re: My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba by Macphenson: 9:50pm On May 17, 2020
Okoo
Re: My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba by Righteousness89(m): 9:51pm On May 17, 2020
Ali baba has been a Great guy ! No be today something!
Re: My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba by PositiveDirect: 10:03pm On May 17, 2020
cool
Re: My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba by Lanretoye(m): 10:25pm On May 17, 2020
Who know say dem give am appointment self,na him dey publicize him appointment by him self.
Re: My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba by meum: 10:27pm On May 17, 2020
Ali, dare to be different! Whenever one gets an appointment in Nigeria, the person begins to sing tunes different from when he was on the other side. Be the Ali Nigerians know.

1 Like

Re: My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba by MaziAlaye(m): 10:36pm On May 17, 2020
Even during this pandemic, you're still creating unnecessary offices... Which one is Chairperson of the Creative Industry Covid-19 Advisory Committee.... Is he gonna crack joke for the patients? angry Nawaooo

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba by festacman(m): 10:40pm On May 17, 2020
Alibaba stop submitting to guilt trip. You can't please everyone. In any case, the mischievous ones will always pull your legs. Also, bear in mind that sometimes in future, you and your committee might be accused of looting and doing nothing. Brace up.

Therefore, give this assignment your best shot and leave a legacy. Faliure to do this will be a lost opportunity for which you will receive heavy knocks from your colleagues in the industry and taunts from detractors.

Be guided.
Re: My Donation To Govt Not Reason For My Committee Appointment - Ali Baba by GamalNasser: 11:42pm On May 17, 2020
What is the use of this appointment if not just to waste scarce funds

(1) (Reply)

Breaking: Buhari Fires NECO Registrar, 4 Other Management Staff / This Is The Whole Truth About The Death Of Abba Kyari... / COVID-19: Lagos Govt Gives Fresh Directives To Mosques, Churches, Over Reopening

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.