Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,288 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:31 AM

Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara (15494 Views)

Rivers Crisis: My Decision To Embrace Peace Not Out Of Fear – Fubara / Rivers Crisis: Wike Defies Threats, Lands In Port Harcourt / Nigerian Govt Not Fiscally Transparent, Says U.S. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by robosky02(m): 6:18pm On Dec 15, 2023
Rivers State Governor, Siminalayi Fubara, has declared that his administration is not fighting anybody, but preoccupied with delivering on his mandate of taking care of the needs of the people, and protecting the interest of the state.

Fubara stated this while flagging-off the construction of 20,000 housing units for low income earners in the state at Mbodo-Aluu, along International Airport Road in Ikwerre Local Government Area on Friday.

The governor stated this despite the running battle he has been having with his predecessor, Nyesom Wike, and some members of the state House of Assembly.

He explained that in protecting the interest of the state, his administration will continue to do what is right before God and men while encouraging a robust participation of the people in governance.

He said, “For our people, I want to assure you, our government has nothing to do with fighting anybody.

“Our governance is to take care and defend our people. I can assure you here that this is the beginning of our service to the people of Rivers State.

“It is not service to the elite but to the poor and low income earners. Those are the people we want to stand with and we are standing with them from today.”

Fubara noted that his administration has started a new history with the 20,000 units of housing by giving new hope to Rivers people, particularly the poor.

He assured all that in a few months, the first phase of the project will be completed and the housing units allocated to low income earners through a transparent process.

“I want to also say it here, let it also be my own commitment that this facility, once it commences and gets to the stage of allotment, it will go to the rightful people and not one big man to allocate to his family.

“It will be transparent so that the targeted people will access and benefit from it,” he stated.

Fubara remarked that his administration has started reaping from its open door policy because opportunities like economic empowerment, access to housing and other benefits are now in the offing for the people.

He added, “First of all, we need to give our people hope and today, I believe that everybody in our dear state has seen that light.

“How did we come about this magic? We opened our doors for negotiation and opportunities, knowing that government cannot do it alone. We had to invite people that are ready to invest in our state.

“I make bold to say it, Rivers State is a safe haven for investment. What we are doing today is to let the world know it, and not what you hear in the media.

“I tell you that Rivers State is safe and secured for anybody anywhere to come and invest. Your investment is safe in our hands.”

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/my-govt-not-fighting-anybody-says-fubara/%3famp

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by bennybuhari: 6:19pm On Dec 15, 2023
Mr SIMpleton, man up and fight! Your government is fighting Nyesom Wike but be rest assured that we Nairalanders and entire Nigeria are behind you. The same way we supported Obaseki against Oshiomhole and he won, we will support you. Say no to godfatherism.

123 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Dreal1247: 6:21pm On Dec 15, 2023
Rather, you are fighting for survival. STOP THEM BEFORE THEY STOP YOU.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Tjra: 6:23pm On Dec 15, 2023
Lol

3 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Againstallodds: 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
God is with you Governor Sim

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by robosky02(m): 6:24pm On Dec 15, 2023
Fighting cool and steady

36 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Pierohandsome: 6:25pm On Dec 15, 2023
Wike just left the group chat....

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by TruthsFM: 6:36pm On Dec 15, 2023
Fubara winning the war hard

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by OkpaNsukkaisBae(m): 6:37pm On Dec 15, 2023
His government is focused on providing dividends of democracy to the people

37 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Entprys(m): 6:41pm On Dec 15, 2023
Don't be rude to your godfather make tinubu no join vex for you.
Remember Ambode

4 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by braveboi4life: 6:53pm On Dec 15, 2023
Sim you had better fight oh, the next target should be the LG chairmen those are the real wike boys doing the dirty job.
Wike is smart and might be miles ahead of you, so better wake up

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by EngrKemp: 7:27pm On Dec 15, 2023
braveboi4life:
Sim you had better fight oh, the next target should be the LG chairmen those are the real wike boys doing the dirty job.
Wike is smart and might be miles ahead of you, so better wake up

No Wike is not miles ahead else he would v known better

8 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by jeff1993: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
Fight so as to stop Any avenue of Godfatherism in Rivers state!!!

Rivers cant be one mans property!!!.... Do your tenure and Gettat.... Dont come and start policing a sitting Gov all the way from ABJ.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by SoftBread01: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
“Our governance is to take care and defend our people. I can assure you here that this is the beginning of our service to the people of Rivers State”. grin

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by MrDoGood(m): 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
Wicked man!

More wicked than wike

Did he just referred to Wike as a nobody?

Or na me no understand this statement if it's from him grin grin grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Brendaniel: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
Wike wants to be like Tinubu in Rivers state, but somehow the people of Rivers are not like the south westerners.

Ambode could have put up a fight but he didn't and he still lost, Maybe Tinubu will not be president today .

23 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Dittodat: 8:44pm On Dec 15, 2023
Lying MOFO. grin
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by benuejosh: 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2023
They are the ones fighting you but they forget that NO SIM, NO NETWORK!

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Kukutente23: 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2023
Ride on gov
Any zombified cretin that shows face, break mace on their heads Bipi style
They can only wail and cry on SM, we dey ground with you gidigba
Leprosy to any hand that types in support of godfatherism and looting of state resources by a few
Scabies will ravage any hand that calls you betrayer for refusing to be a puppet to political bandits
Iseeee

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by wunmi590(m): 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2023

Yes, we know you are not fighting anybody, but you have alot of enemies both home (Rivers) and away (Abuja), just keep your heads up do good thing for the people who voted you and you will win alot of battles...

No amount of intimidation will shake you, your enemy that left you will come back and beg you later...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by ubest1(m): 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2023
SIM teaching loud speaker lesson

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Obakoolex(m): 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2023
Fubara stop being a 2 faced governor.

No be only fight sef, you dey quarrel 🤣

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Karlman: 8:45pm On Dec 15, 2023
Wike was very Ungrateful to Amaechi and the Igbos he used their vote to enter.

Let Yoruba people come and fight for him now. Very lousy fellow.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by babaRUNtinz(m): 8:46pm On Dec 15, 2023
Dey play
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Cantonese: 8:47pm On Dec 15, 2023
But some people are fighting you.
Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Achoghim: 8:47pm On Dec 15, 2023
Carry your servitude mentality to SW, we don't do that down here
Entprys:
Don't be rude to your godfather make tinubu no join vex for you.

Remember Ambode

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Obaofaba: 8:47pm On Dec 15, 2023
Shut up.

You assume that seat through illegalities, what moral ground do you have to be fighting dirty with your fellow criminal?

Besides, you present your so called budget to four illegitimate members of the house to pass it without any iota of scrutiny and you assent it almost immediately.

Isn't that an hight of lawlessness?

Are you now practicing the godfatherism you claimed you want to get rid of?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by 13greens: 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2023
We believe you Sir, those who are doing the devil`s Biding will come to nothing. God go shame then all .

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by yusufu16: 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2023
Smart man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by drerocker: 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2023
Disloyalty n pride kill a man faster.
D consequences are coming

2 Likes

Re: Rivers Crisis: My Govt Not Fighting Anybody, Says Sim Fubara by Roboto11: 8:48pm On Dec 15, 2023
Dey bam warming up.

grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Miyetti Allah Kautal Hore Members Storm Court, Demand Bodejo’s Release / Nigeria Has No Other Option But To Borrow, Says Adeosun / Weakening Naira, Rising Food Prices Affecting Nigerians – UN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.