Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,412 members, 7,861,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 04:26 AM

Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others (3118 Views)

Biafran Women Barricade BBC Headquarters London - Pictures And Video / Gumi Provides ‘Evidence’ On His Claim That Christian Soldiers Kill Muslims- Reno / Biafra: Buhari Not In ‘mecca’, Nnamdi Kanu Provides ‘pictorial Evidence’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Nobody: 8:06am On May 18, 2020
More types of Yoruba women fashion.

1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by AhoadaRivers: 8:59am On May 18, 2020
Graysons:
Come what's the difference between Ahoada east and Ahoada west?

Same people, same language, same culture, different local government areas.

2 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by thundafire: 9:17am On May 18, 2020
catfrog10:

Afonjas at it again.
shut up am from Calabar and will never support useless biafra

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Graysons: 9:21am On May 18, 2020
AhoadaRivers:

Same people, same language, same culture, different local government areas.
Owk.Thanks!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Tunde835(m): 10:08am On May 18, 2020
UnclePati:
Yoruba was desperately trying to attach ijaw land in ondo, Benin and some parts of delta state to them selves as they could not grab itksekiri which is deep inside warri that is owned by the Urhobos/Biafran.

Unity beggers
Attaches

U guys must remain wives to your Muslim North
Eternal slaves

Which Ijaw land
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by AlhajaChinyere: 10:17am On May 18, 2020
AhoadaRivers:
Kanu made a very salient point here but instead of yorrobers to counter him with facts they are lamenting and vomiting like dogs.

All Biafran women dress alike. Anyone would have mistaken the Urhobo women for Ibos. Even yorubas would have called the Urhobo women Awon obirin Ibo ie Ibo women. Biafran culture is indeed very deep. Fact! grin

Keep deceiving your Biafran self!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by AlhajaChinyere: 10:21am On May 18, 2020
light099:
Those are modern attires, not the original vintage cultural fashion. Can someone show me a vintage attire that original old Igbo women wore in the past?
If you want South south to be in Biafra, it's good except that, it's a waste of time trying hard to attach things we already know are totally different, especially this comparison is childish and funny. South south has it's own distinct tribes with their different unique cultures. We can group Delta and Edo together, we can also group Akwa Ibom and Calabar together.

Then for the records, Yoruba women have the biggest collection of variety of fashion in Africa. They have different dress styles depending on era and ethnicity. I only think the variety is starting to reduce lately, it's these oyinbos ruining our culture. Yoruba women in the past used to have variety of fashion. Below are Yoruba women wearing unmatching Wrapper and Buba, when I look at my mum classic black and white pics, those women days were pure natural beauties, very gorgeous and virtuous too. Not like all these overfvcked makeup creatures we have today.
In short, Yoruba women's attire comprises above fashion and more but I think matching Iro and Buba has evolved into the popular modern fashion of Yoruba women, that's why other attires are no more popular.

Waa gba iyi!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by maestroferddi: 10:24am On May 18, 2020
light099:
More photos of Yoruba women fashion.

Yoruba women have wide variety of fashion.
Are you not unwittingly trying to validate the assertion that the Yorubas measure themselves against the Igbos for some weird kind of relevance/affirmation?

Why are you posting pictures of Yoruba women here?

Why not open another thread if you feeling like celebrating/flaunting Yoruba culture?

You can do better na...

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Nobody: 11:01am On May 18, 2020
thundafire:
[s]shut up am from Calabar and will never support useless biafra[/s]

Shattap there, you are yoruba. The problem with you afonjas is you don't know that we Easterners behave a certain way different from you yorubas. So we can tell where you from by just the way you write or speak. A typical Annang, Ibibio and Efik are just like Igbos in their mindset and disposition; they have zero envy in them for other people and cannot write what you wrote.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Nobody: 11:02am On May 18, 2020
light099:
More types of Yoruba women fashion.

This is not about fashion afonja. It's about two-piece wrapper; so we are not the same people okay. Leave us alone!
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Nobody: 11:03am On May 18, 2020
maestroferddi:
Are you not unwittingly trying to validate the assertion that the Yorubas measure themselves against the Igbos for some weird kind of relevance/affirmation?

Why are you posting pictures of Yoruba women here?
Why not open another thread if you feeling like celebrating/flaunting Yoruba culture?
You can do better na...

I'm not trying to hijack the thread's attention for Yoruba women. I'm only debunking the claims of Mr Kanu who said only Igbo and his listed tribes wear twopieces native dress in Nigeria.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Nobody: 11:03am On May 18, 2020
catfrog10:

This is not about fashion afonja. It's about two-piece wrapper; so we are not the same people okay. Leave us alone!

What's two-piece wrapper?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Nobody: 11:08am On May 18, 2020
light099:

What's two-piece wrapper?

How will you know when you are not a Biafran? Only Biafrans like Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Igbo, Esan, urhobo and the rest know. We are not the same people okay.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Wiseandtrue(f): 11:15am On May 18, 2020
JAMO84:
Attache by force
Na BMC people now

They will deliberately not see this caption

"An evidence, we are one people united in one culture. Same applies to our food, we all cook our food the same way different from Yoruba, Hausa and Fulani."

grin grin funny people disgracing themselves
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Chimaraymond455: 11:36am On May 18, 2020
Yoruba your divide and rule is over between southeast and South South, I don't why you are fighting so hard to cause divisions among East and South South, what is your fear Mr Yoruba man?
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Marine54(m): 11:37am On May 18, 2020
helinues:

You are not even proud of your tribe hence hiding under Ahoadarivers name.

That's simply inferiority complex
E PAINAM! Afanja moslem is in serious pain. Go and continue alliance with your moslems counterpart in the north. Ss don't have any thing common with you!

3 Likes

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Nobody: 12:00pm On May 18, 2020
catfrog10:

How will you know when you are not a Biafran? Only Biafrans like Efik, Ibibio, Ijaw, Igbo, Esan, urhobo and the rest know. We are not the same people okay.

Mr man, chill. It's just a rhetoric question. South south alone itself has numerous different tribes and cultures, two-piece wrapper doesn't turn them to one single tribe. Many African tribe tie wrapper, that doesn't turn them to Nigeria. Stop trying hard to create a nonexistent link where there is non.
Yoruba women too have, although nowadays it's used as 'Iborun'. So it's not that dominant. And I'm sure there are other Africans out there tying this type of wrapper.
My initial question still remains, show me vintage pics of what Igbo women wore then? I think you've lost some of your historical and cultural properties, that's why you keep attaching to other people's culture like your own, claiming you're Jews etc. Perhaps this twopiece thing likely originated from Calabar or Binis, but your women likely having lost their dress culture, stole this dress style from south south women.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by curfew: 12:19pm On May 18, 2020
light099:

Mr man, chill. It's just a rhetoric question. South south alone itself has numerous different tribes and cultures, two-piece wrapper doesn't turn them to one single tribe. Many African tribe tie wrapper, that doesn't turn them to Nigeria. Stop trying hard to create a nonexistent link where there is non.
Yoruba women too have, although nowadays it's used as 'Iborun'. So it's not that dominant. And I'm sure there are other Africans out there tying this type of wrapper.
My initial question still remains, show me vintage pics of what Igbo women wore then? I think you've lost some of your historical and cultural properties, that's why you keep attaching to other people's culture like your own, claiming you're Jews etc. Perhaps this twopiece thing likely originated from Calabar or Binis, but your women likely having lost their dress culture, stole this dress style from south south women.

Your comments show that you don't know
anything.

1 Like

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by thundafire: 12:35pm On May 18, 2020
catfrog10:

Shattap there, you are yoruba. The problem with you afonjas is you don't know that we Easterners behave a certain way different from you yorubas. So we can tell where you from by just the way you write or speak. A typical Annang, Ibibio and Efik are just like Igbos in their mindset and disposition; they have zero envy in them for other people and cannot write what you wrote.
shut up am a typical Efik man,who have such a useless mindset,u think we commit crimes like u guys,m. C let me tell u something dey Same Igbo which will be majority will so much victimize dey minorities and we don't care of ur biafra with ur criminal lord kanu
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Nobody: 3:05pm On May 18, 2020
curfew:

Your comments show that you don't know
anything.

Eyah, e pain me.

1 Share

Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Fulmigati: 3:21pm On May 18, 2020
Igbos and the ethnic groups of the south-south have lived side by side prior to British colonialism. It is no surprise some cultural aspects overlap.
Re: Nnamdi Kanu Provides Evidence Of What Distinquishes Biafran Women From Others by Ukpafi: 3:27pm On May 18, 2020
I can't laugh by this pointless reasoning, so if Uganda men are wearing trousers and America men are wearing trousers , now ugandans are Americans.
I think he should redesign his Biafra because also this people he just stay in his kitchen to put their states as Biafra will not agree to join Biafra.
If there is referendum now he will fail because all this states he stays in his kitchen to capture will vote against it. He should leave others and focus on Igbo states

(1) (2) (Reply)

Obi And Kwankwaso Are Indirectly Helping Tinubu / Obi's Rally Today Will Push Him To Drop Out / We Have Not Issued Any Programme Of Events - Enugu Inauguration Committee

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.