Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,415 members, 7,815,934 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 PM

I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari (613 Views)

Yusuf Bichi Lobbying To Be Nigerian Ambassador To Saudi Arabia After Retirement / 2023: I’ll Cease To Be Nigerian If Tinubu Becomes President – Bode Georg / IRI, NDI, EU Reports: I’m Embarrassed To Be Nigerian -ozekhome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by IbomRant: 9:11am On May 18, 2020
Perhaps you missed how clever the President couched his words. I regard this as one of President Buhari’s most clever speech. The President was careful not to say he would listen to science as approved by WHO - the Americans or the British. He was emphatic, ‘OUR’ science (Nigeria’s) institutions, processes and systems will determine its potency and efficacy.

Basically this is an African cure and Nigeria will use its indigenous scientists to determine and validate an African solution to an international problem. The West and WHO will not make that decision for Africans!

President Muhammadu Buhari Saturday at the State House, Abuja, received the Madagascan native formulation against the Covid-19 pandemic, and reiterated that he will listen to science before allowing traditional or any new medicines to be administered on Nigerians.

ALSO READ THIS: https://ibomrant.com/nafdac-approves-new-cure-for-coronavirus/[i][/i]

At an audience meeting with President Umaro Sissoco Embalo of Guinea Bissau who brought along with him the samples of the traditional medicine as shared to African nations by Madagascar, President Buhari said his position on all such herbal or traditional medicinal postulates had remained the same.

“We have our institutions, systems and processes in the country. Any such formulations should be sent to them for verification. I will not put it to use without the endorsement of our institutions,” said the Nigerian President.

On the main reason for his visit, President Embalo said having stabilized his country after the tussles that attended the general elections won by him, he had come to seek counsel from his “father,” President Buhari on his plan for a “government of national unity” and a proposed war against corruption in his country.

He also said that his new government met a country beset with a number of issues and problems, the resolution of which would require tremendous assistance from the “big brother,” Nigeria.

“Problems of Guinea Bissau are problems of Nigeria. I have come to you as your son. I need your help and assistance to make the people happy. I will not let you down, neither will I put you in any difficult situation,” the visiting leader told President Buhari.

In response to these demands, the Nigerian leader commended “General“ Embalo on his confirmation as President and for stabilizing the country. “I commend your political dexterity in getting the opposition to join the proposed unity government,” he said.

President Buhari restated the determination of Nigeria to keep West Africa politically stable and promised to support the new government in Guinea Bissau. “I will cooperate and help in every way possible,” assured the Nigerian President.

President Buhari also used the opportunity of the visit to praise the good work that the President of Niger Republic, Mahamadou Issoufou, who is the current Chairman of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) is doing in the sub-region, and commended him for keeping him informed of all that is happening around.

Garba Shehu
Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
May 16, 2020
For: https://www.ibomrant.com

1 Like

Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by naija4life247: 9:12am On May 18, 2020
Sai Baba
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by thundafire: 9:13am On May 18, 2020
Which science in Nigeria,confused president
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by mamaafrik(m): 9:27am On May 18, 2020
Which science,Nigeria get science abi what is this old rugged man talking about,...can someone help me throw This man a wheel spanner.

1 Like

Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by illicit(m): 9:37am On May 18, 2020
When ASUU dey on strike
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by Nobody: 9:41am On May 18, 2020
Haha
This man never fail to disappoint
The science that can't produce ordinary toothpicks lol
We are in for it already ,2023 is another time
Hope we make a better choice then
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by Nbote(m): 9:46am On May 18, 2020
Lolzzzz... Science indeed.. Someone dat doesnt understand common sense wants to listen to science
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by seborrhic: 9:50am On May 18, 2020
Rubbish.
If he was listening to Nigerian rather than WHO science,he wouldn't have locked down the nation in the first place.
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by Nobody: 9:55am On May 18, 2020
Nigerian Science he says, has he built research virology/biochemistry labs in Nigeria? Has he equipped the federal and state Universities? The vaccine Nigeria is waiting for is made by Oxford University and Imperial College London, those are Universities in the UK are equipped and financed by the UK government.

What has Nigeria done to deserve barely literate demons as leaders?
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 9:56am On May 18, 2020
IbomRant:

Perhaps you missed how clever the President couched his words. I regard this as one of President Buhari’s most clever speech. The President was careful not to say he would listen to science as approved by WHO - the Americans or the British. He was emphatic, ‘OUR’ science (Nigeria’s) institutions, processes and systems will determine its potency and efficacy.

Senior Special Assistant to the President
(Media & Publicity)
May 16, 2020
For: https://www.ibomrant.com
grin grin grin grin this write-up is as confusing as Garba Shehu

Usually, I hardly take anything coming from the president, cause he says something and does another

How can you put Buhari and cleverness in the same sentence

How has he sponsored the researches towards the discovery of the anti-corona virus in Nigeria

Instead, he went and invest in Madagascar undecided

Don't we have scientists in Nigeria
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by samincredible44(m): 10:12am On May 18, 2020
the same science that cannot produce pencil or reliable refinery or even boost agriculture.
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by Wiseandtrue(f): 10:23am On May 18, 2020
samincredible44:
the same science that cannot produce pencil or reliable refinery or even boost agriculture.
I don't know the science he's referring to.

The science that could not produce a simple manure and sell to Farmers at affordable prices or the one that's not making food sufficient in Nigeria

cheesy grin Perhaps the one that is making food stuff to be expensive grin grin grin

Or the one that defiles all logic when the demand for crude oil is high, it was sold for N87 not the demand is low yet, his government is selling for N125

Which science is he even talking about

1 Like

Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:33am On May 18, 2020
Can somebody ask him why Nigerian science has not been used to ramp up testing at least?
I'm shocked the Guinean president came to ask buhari about how to unify his country. Can buhari even spell unity?
Anyway the only science we know of is dat taught by Dr Olamide
Jokers!!
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by Agboriotejoye(m): 10:35am On May 18, 2020
Nbote:
Lolzzzz... Science indeed.. Someone dat doesnt understand common sense wants to listen to science
shocked
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by Chikelue2000(m): 11:59am On May 18, 2020
so Leah sharibu is languishing in sambisa n dis useless govt don't care?......we Christian's are in trouble .......
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by Naijiant: 3:02pm On May 18, 2020
Science doesn't know national boundaries. It is an international endeavour. No wonder Buhari didn't get a secondary school certificate.
Re: I Will Listen To Science But It Will Be Nigerian Science - President Buhari by orisa37: 3:54pm On May 18, 2020
GOOD CHALLENGE.

(1) (Reply)

Ugwuanyi's Newly Constructed Access Road To Igbo Ano Hospital Enugu (Pics) / Uzodinma Reveals What Should Bother Igbos In 2023 / Reaction To The Sad Death Of An Ex Governor's Daighter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.