Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,137 members, 7,829,065 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) - Nairaland / General (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) (66733 Views)

What Is This Thing Situated In Almost Every Nigerian City? (Pictured) / See Specie Of Snake Killed At My Backyard (Photos) / The Snake I Killed In My Compound (Pictured) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by adexontop(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2020
For youbto mentioned Odere koko it mean you don tay for farm

Nezero:
Looks like dove that is usually released in large number in cages.

The beak looks like odere-koko bird common in Yoruba land.

My best guess is dove

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Bonebreaker(m): 8:45pm On May 20, 2020
the botanical name for that bird is cocktus penalite p.s don't quote me
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by MightySparrow: 8:46pm On May 20, 2020
Eye batuje
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by lomprico(m): 8:48pm On May 20, 2020
it's a white pigeon. duh!

it's still a chick.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 8:49pm On May 20, 2020
That's what you get when an ipob mated with a bird
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by mukthar2000(m): 8:49pm On May 20, 2020
WATIN MUSA NO GO SEE FOR THIS LOCKDOWN, GUY FREE THAT THING TO GO,GIVE ME CHANCE MAKE SEE NEXT NEWS PLS.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Sososo(f): 8:49pm On May 20, 2020
Nairalandes don dey turn to bird hunters courtesy lockdown.. BTW if you wan hunt hunt beta animal
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by BraveDeltan(m): 8:49pm On May 20, 2020
After this enquiry and romance, na pot go end am las las... angry
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Hyginussochima(m): 8:49pm On May 20, 2020
Lol
[color=#990000][/color]
Nezero:

My best guess is dove

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by elenungboro: 8:52pm On May 20, 2020
This is lekeleke in yoruba. I don't know the English name.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Solearr: 8:52pm On May 20, 2020
saintbillion:
Please Nairalanders What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird

Went to a friend's house this morning and saw this pretty little white bird caught by one of his younger brother.

Was dumbfounded when he ask me the name of the bird as I've never seen a pure white bird in my entire life.

Please Landers any idea?

Bro that's a seagull
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by richard870(m): 8:52pm On May 20, 2020
saintbillion:

Went to a friend's house this morning and saw this pretty little white bird caught by one of his younger brother.

Was dumbfounded when he ask me the name of the bird as I've never seen a pure white bird in my entire life.

Please Landers any idea?
That's a white pigeon
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by GrayBeard: 8:52pm On May 20, 2020
saintbillion:
It can't fly again. Don't even know why

YOU INFANTILE LUNATIC, HOW WILL IT FLY AFTER YOU HAVE BROKEN ITS DELICATE WINGS HANDLING AND STRETCHING THEM SO ROUGHLY?

GET YOUR DIRTY HANDS OFF THAT POOR CREATURE IMMEDIATELY!
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Reex12(m): 8:53pm On May 20, 2020
as innocent as a dove
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Whitelite: 8:54pm On May 20, 2020
Its pigeonses(smiggle)
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Nosa111(m): 8:55pm On May 20, 2020
Ask the bird yourself
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by OlawaleBammie: 8:55pm On May 20, 2020
Nezero:

My best guess is dove

There is no white odereekoko bro

What i see there is dove, remember that odereekoko is also dove

Dove has many species

2 Likes

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Nobody: 8:57pm On May 20, 2020
saintbillion:

Please Landers any idea?
Looks like a sea gull

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by soleexx(m): 8:59pm On May 20, 2020
Its an african seagull... Is there any water around there... Like sea, lake or ocean
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Zenithpeak(m): 8:59pm On May 20, 2020
shakushakuist:
Dove Odéré koko

Pigeon Èyèlé
Dove is Adaba not Oderekoko
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Sixfeetbelle: 9:02pm On May 20, 2020
saintbillion:
It can't fly again. Don't even know why

With the way you're holding it by its wings, stretching it like rubber band, why would it fly again? angry
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by SeriouslySense(m): 9:02pm On May 20, 2020
hmm
soleexx:
Its an african seagull... Is there any water around there... Like sea, lake or ocean
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by princebeatzz: 9:03pm On May 20, 2020
But hope say you no kill am sha or shey u chop this one Join
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by whyteteeth: 9:04pm On May 20, 2020
White release dove(Columba livia domestica)

A release dove, also called a white pigeon, is a domestic rock dove (Columba livia domestica) bred for small size and white coloration that is released during events, such as public ceremonies, weddings and funerals.

Most white doves are domesticated barbary doves (Streptopelia risoria). Albinism or other genetic anomalies that produce an entirely white dove occur very rarely in the wild since an all-white coloration would make these birds stand out in their natural habitats, leaving them highly vulnerable to predators.

Although dove release businesses advertise that their birds will be able to safely return home, released doves are frequently killed in accidents or by predators before they can return home.

Trained white homing pigeons, also known as rock doves, properly released by a trained release coordinator can fly back to their homes if within a distance of 600 miles. Ring neck doves that are released into the wild and survive will likely starve to death.[
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by mamaafrik(m): 9:06pm On May 20, 2020
elenungboro:
This is lekeleke in yoruba. I don't know the English name.
that is not lekeleke(cattle egret )
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by vikstandon(m): 9:07pm On May 20, 2020
That's a White Raven
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by EzugoAmerica: 9:07pm On May 20, 2020
Please free the � bird....! The bird is not for domestic keep.
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Fatneighbor20: 9:08pm On May 20, 2020
King peagon
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by shakushakuist(f): 9:13pm On May 20, 2020
Zenithpeak:
Dove is Adaba not Oderekoko

Yes Yes Yes Yesss, you're right as fvck
I stand corrected

smiley

1 Like

Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Nweike190(m): 9:16pm On May 20, 2020
[
It's a baby duck.. angry

quote author=saintbillion post=89681127]Please Nairalanders What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird

Please Landers any idea?[/quote]
Re: What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) by Enyimbamercedes: 9:16pm On May 20, 2020
Please just tell them to release the bird!

Looks like a white dove; okay now tell them to release it

You are correct, it is a pretty bird... release it!

That looks like a male ... and if it is one of a nesting pair... the female will not be able to go and eat because her male partner has been caught by a human. They rotate sitting on the eggs..: so release the bird right now

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Donors To Victims Of Otedola Bridge Tanker Fire Receive Death Threats / Bayo Bankole 'Boy Alinco' Had Accident In US, His Car Damaged (Photos) / Saw This Snake On Our Way And We Let It Crawl Away (Pics, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.