Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,768 members, 7,817,118 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:21 AM

Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? (4352 Views)

His Pastor Shared His Confidential Information While Preaching / Pastor Shot To Death While Preaching During Service / What Makes You A Christian: Studying The Bible Or Praying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Blackteeth(m): 12:21am On Jan 16, 2011
Is it necessary before the prayers reach heaven's gate? Why not take it easy and quiet? Na by force?
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Osama10(m): 12:26am On Jan 16, 2011
Lmao. grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Azibalua(f): 11:43pm On Jan 16, 2011
Blackteeth:

Is it necessary before the prayers reach heaven's gate? Why not take it easy and quiet? Na by force?
How dare you compare a man of god to a mad dog
And also it's non of your business
Am sure you do not know the meaning of the word HAGAR
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by tpia6: 12:16am On Jan 17, 2011
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Sanusilyde(m): 9:02pm On Jan 17, 2011
U've not answerd d question must someone shout or scream b4 u r heard by God?
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by ARareGem(f): 9:43pm On Jan 17, 2011
No, it's not by force.

But right from the days of John the baptist, the Kingdom of Heaven suffereth violence and only the violent take it by force (Not that I think you would even understand a thing about what I just said).

I must say that I find the title of this thread very insulting.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Sanusilyde(m): 10:10pm On Jan 17, 2011
I think prayer is communicatn with God,can d giver of ears not hear 'even' silent prayers said in ur heart?d hypocrites in jesus days felt they ll heard by god by their use of many word.pls read matt 6:5-7

1 Like

Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 9:18am On Jan 18, 2011
@OP, Pastors should in-fact Scream and Charge the word of God into the ears of Unbelievers. How do you think Prophet John the Baptist did it.

It is a style that works. It strikes conviction and fear into you and woe-betide you if you don't get it into your Spirit grin
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by newmi(m): 9:54am On Jan 18, 2011
sorry you sound like an uneducated person because now person who has been within the four walls of a school would ever make such a statement about pastors in the manner you did. SO TELL ME HOW DO YOU DO YOUR PRAYER ---
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Sanusilyde(m): 11:03am On Jan 18, 2011
I av neva said anythn against any pastor pls lets b reasonable not judgn. . .i well know d importance of prayer infact its part of our worship,i pray regularly in faith n humility cos its a privelege to approach d almighty in prayer,christ condemned self righteous individuals who made long,showy prayers b4 others(luke 20:46,47)pls backup ur point with d scripture n xplain,
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Sanusilyde(m): 11:52am On Jan 18, 2011
U av right to believe whateva. . . If u think ur believe is right u need to help other whose believe isnt biblical to. . .
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Joagbaje(m): 12:04pm On Jan 18, 2011
lagerwhenindoubt:

@OP, Pastors should in-fact Scream and Charge the word of God into the ears of Unbelievers. How do you think Prophet John the Baptist did it.

It is a style that works. It strikes conviction and fear into you and woe-betide you if you don't get it into your Spirit grin
Thank you sir.Authority is discharged and accompanied with bold, loud voice many times in scriptures. The bible stated that Jesus spake with boldness and authority, how would he preach to multitudes by whisper? grin

John 11:43
43 And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, Lazarus, come forth.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by simplymee: 3:07pm On Jan 18, 2011
@ poster
you should definitely have not used such strong words to describe a Pastor or their manners of worship. Well said sha, Jesus had to say with a LOUD VOICE, the children of Israel had to shout with a loud Voice when they marched round the WALLS of Jericho. And point of correction , they do not pray shouting but there are times when u have got to let out that which is INSIDE out.ITS CALLED HAGAR(TO ROAR).
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Sanusilyde(m): 6:24pm On Jan 18, 2011
Correction i ddnt post d topic just intrestd in d issue!pardon what language is'hagar'? ofcourse there r time when u need to b audible(not screemn even wit a powrfl mic. . .) in a large gathern,when preaching jesus neva forced/scream@any 2listen he raised his voice/audible he has d authority but wantd ppl2 reason n serve God 4rm their heart he felt pity n show compassion 4them even God(father)persuadd d isrealite 2return 2him he wantd 2appeal2 their heart. Well sha thanks 4sharing ur view.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Sanusilyde(m): 6:40pm On Jan 18, 2011
Uhm. . U sound so educated,wise,strong,noble,interlligent,if u care pls read 1cor 1:27-31.thank u.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Azibalua(f): 11:06pm On Jan 18, 2011
Sanusilyde:

Uhm. . U sound so educated,wise,strong,noble,interlligent,if u care pls read 1cor 1:27-31.thank u.
1 Corinthians 1:27-31
27 Isn't it obvious that God deliberately chose men and women that the culture overlooks and exploits and abuses, 28 chose these"nobodies"to expose the hollow pretensions of the"somebodies"? 29 That makes it quite clear that none of you can get by with blowing your own horn before God. 30 Everything that we have-- right thinking and right living, a clean slate and a fresh start-- comes from God by way of Jesus Christ. 31 That's why we have the saying,"If you're going to blow a horn, blow a trumpet for God."

What has this got to do with screaming like mad dogs when preaching or praying
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by SeanT21(f): 11:53pm On Jan 18, 2011
I understand what you are trying to say but your comparison of them to mad dogs was insulting.
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by newmi(m): 7:48am On Jan 19, 2011
@poster
What manner of a title is this?
any way the title simply reveals the character of your person, so your have not us told us how your do your own
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Sanusilyde(m): 11:43am On Jan 19, 2011
D title is obviously not d right one,i directd d 1cor 1:27down to newmi'who knew who is educatd n who is not. . .
Re: Why Do Most Pastors Scream Like Mad Dogs While Preaching Or Praying? by Nobody: 7:09pm On Jan 19, 2011
poster i hope you dont find the need to pray as such very soon

(1) (Reply)

The Order Of Melchizedek / Did She Loose Faith Or She Was Just A Church-goer? / My First Time Attending Celestial Church Or Christ (CCC)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.