Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,108 members, 7,828,898 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 03:50 PM

Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) - Properties (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) (100549 Views)

Femi Osibona & Italian Architects At The Top Of Collapsed 21-Storey Building / Femi Osibona: Face Behind Collapsed 21-storey Building In Ikoyi / Exxonmobil Inspects Akwa Ibom 21-Storey Tower Building (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Anisylva263: 8:59am On May 19, 2020
dirtydiva:
Abeg nothing smart about the building, we sabi name structure smart. Na only in Nigeria govt go build structure and name it state of the art and smart projects. Nonsense people
Since you know what makes a building smart, why not take a trip there to see if actually it is smart or not

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 8:59am On May 19, 2020
Tolani045:
how smart it's?
Read through the article again bro
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by COMPAQ(m): 8:59am On May 19, 2020
MOGPRAISE:
This will attract international investors and most of the oil companies with head offices outside the state will relocate back to Akwa Ibom sharply.

God bless Akwa Ibomites & Nigerians at large

If you really believe that on the strength of the building alone then......... undecided

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 8:59am On May 19, 2020
Iorzacalvin:
I am simply impressed [color=#990000][/color][font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]
You're a good man
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by NwaIgboBoy(m): 9:00am On May 19, 2020
the last time I checked something like this fall and waste people's life in Owerri..
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:00am On May 19, 2020
Jeamillz2020:
Lols Nigerian self small thing like this nah front page he go dey well this kind no plenty for naija so it have to surprise us sha. That's why I like oyinbo peoples
Na the purpose of the building not the structure bro
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:00am On May 19, 2020
Factfinder1:
Akwa ibom leads others follow...proud of my fathers land
You should bro

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by DextrousDavid(m): 9:01am On May 19, 2020
Hunchogee:
HBD to you
Thanks boss
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by ZooOga: 9:01am On May 19, 2020
I see a discrepancy in the thread title and a sentence in the body of the story and those pics look like architectural
drawings. And didn't the governor just reject some help from ExxonMobil? Not good policy and public relations when you are trying to attract foreign investment. And who owns the title of the project, Akwa Ibom or a private company?

"Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures)"

"The project which kicked off on 17th January, 2018 with a two year work term is scheduled for completion by the end of this year, precisely on 17th December, 2020."

Now on a positive vibe, I hope the building becomes fully leased/rented/occupied and hundreds of qualified graduates and career ppl get very good salaried jobs in the edifice. smiley

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:01am On May 19, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

Everyone pause a second.

Just imagine we have 20 buildings like this in one street,Left and right.

Imagine it all the state Capitals in Nigeria.

What is Las vegas??

Oh i remember Nepa! grin
NEPA na joy spoiler
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:02am On May 19, 2020
Awilomalogologo:
Abasi mbo

Akwayibom Ayaya
Ado ok
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Blackking98(m): 9:02am On May 19, 2020
spiralwedge:
Smh

About 50 years after Ibadan's Cocoa House, oil-rich AKS (South-South in general) is celebrating their first high-building. Nigeria really dragged SW back.

Make I comment my reserve.
A really unnecessary comment and comparison. Lagos was the capital of Nigeria and received development during colonial times before we gained independence, if im not wrong Lagos is above 50 years old as it was also built with the collective effort of all Nigeria before the capital was moved away from there and you're here dragging Akwa ibom a state founded as recently as 1987, experienced bloody civil war from 1967 to 1970 while you were going to Cinema and drinking wine in lagos and is developing at a very rapid race, outside Lagos can you compare Oyo or ekiti or osun to Akwa Ibom in terms of development, please stop being a big fool and pass,we didn't beg u to comment.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:03am On May 19, 2020
Angelfrost:
Great developmental strides...

However, they should make far greater efforts to attract investors and diversify the state economy... Economic activities are the hallmark of a flourishing state!!!
Think before you comment....fellow my previous post then you will have answer to your worries
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:04am On May 19, 2020
Anisylva263:

Since you know what makes a building smart, why not take a trip there to see if actually it is smart or not
I should leave south west and go to akwa ibom because i wan see smart building, them swear for me?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:04am On May 19, 2020
dinocy:
How the building take help us na?
It won't help you especially if you're limited in sight... read the article again
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Anisylva263: 9:05am On May 19, 2020
spiralwedge:
Smh

About 50 years after Ibadan's Cocoa House, oil-rich AKS (South-South in general) is celebrating their first high-building. Nigeria really dragged SW back.

Must you be pitiful?
Where was Akwa Ibom 50years ago or what was the scene like... And what is the ancient City like today?
It's good u "comment your reserve"

4 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Nwaonyishi69: 9:05am On May 19, 2020
Rats are rats and that is why the same Rattraps will kill their papa, mama, brothers, sisters, friends and still kill them. Oil prices nose diving; everything oil taken over by Fulani; yet, every investment is oil focused, as the world is going smart and solar energy powered. Africa will still be looking for whom to blame when all our leaders do is show limited reasoning and roll in the muds of competition in ostentatious life as well as projects that have less and less chances of widespread impacts on their people. In Oyo, they celebrated the longest drum with hundreds of millions, with a Nobel Laurette commissioned to graze the occasion with obscurantist grammatical acrobatics; while thousands of civil servants were unpaid for months. Up north a governor is busy building hundreds of mosques and others upgrading the emirate courts or buying limousines for emirs while they rank the most miserable societies on earth and millions of their school age children are active homeless beggars. Now, with Ibomites lining up for domestic servants, hundreds of them fleeing hardships in the land, some forced by circumstances to child-prostitution, many dying of hunger and others dying from frustration after political thuggery; people are celebrating first smart and tallest building in south south or Nigeria. In saner climes, the money used for information and advertisement, genuine costs and the ones siphoned in the name of this project alone could lift some 10 to 20 thousand people out of poverty and create some serious multiplier effects on the state economy. Why are we so cursed with leadership?

3 Likes

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:05am On May 19, 2020
LieDetector:
where in uyo is this building located? I'm in uyo but haven't heard about it
That's bad, it is located in banking layout at udoudoma

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:06am On May 19, 2020
onoms4luv:
well this doesn't look bad. I heard someone said first in Nigeria. Lemme just mind my own business first.
First smart building not structure but smart building in nigeria pls name another one if any
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Anisylva263: 9:07am On May 19, 2020
dirtydiva:
I should leave south west and go to akwa ibom because i wan see smart building, them swear for me?
Then why not stop pitifully criticising pictures that actually has nothing of ur concern?

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by AuntRose(f): 9:08am On May 19, 2020
spiralwedge:
Smh

You're funny, when was Akwa Ibom created?, when did it start developing compared to old ancient Yoruba areas that have been around since colonial times? The only thing Ibadan surpasses Akwa with is it's brown roofs.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:08am On May 19, 2020
prestige101:
WHo told you UDOM is working? You won't leave that clueless ONNA man.
Carry your hate go hang transformer....no matter the hate he will still remain the governor
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by jamesversion: 9:08am On May 19, 2020
Kdon2:

Abeg go and complain to buhari, don't bother us with your lamentation here.

Attention seeker. Did I quite you?
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:09am On May 19, 2020
KingOKON:
You may have to do some research on the master planner of d state Architect Obong Victor Attah
Indeeed
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:09am On May 19, 2020
Hunchogee:

Nope dear, first in Nigeria google it ( first smart building in 9ja)
is a lie. There is one by glover road by Golden gate ikoyi lagos
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by koyyess: 9:11am On May 19, 2020
How many people will they employ in that building?
Las las, only politicians children will end up there, placed in well conditioned offices in semi empty halls. They will only employ cleaners and drivers as junior staff, then some admin suffer head staff that will do all the work and get peanuts.

I will give them some credit because their people are no longer stereotyped as maids and houseboys in other states. They are better than some useless states like Edo and delta.
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:13am On May 19, 2020
angelfallz:
Why do Nigerians and at large Africans want to be like the white man? Why must we have tall buildings before we can call ourselves developed?

The foreign companies have standards which if you cannot meet their minimum standards of safety and aesthetics, they cannot do business with you.

How many banks in Nigeria rent offices ? The buildings do not meet their minimum standards.

1 Like

Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by AuntRose(f): 9:13am On May 19, 2020
Hunchogee:
Indeeed
Stylishly avoiding my question will only lead to more suspicion obong owo
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by YADNUS11: 9:14am On May 19, 2020
ikpazu of Abia will not see this
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Hunchogee: 9:14am On May 19, 2020
burgerpay1:
EThe Guy is right.Their its type in V/I Lagos,TeraKota building if I’m not mistaken.Even look attractive than dis newly built one in Akwa Ibom
Post picture of it and what make it smart...the smartness is not about the lighting ok
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Angelfrost(m): 9:14am On May 19, 2020
Hunchogee:

Think before you comment....fellow my previous post then you will have answer to your worries

At the bold comment, what exactly is the thrust of that nasty retort??!... What part of my comment came off as "thoughtless" ??!... Shouldn't increased economic activities be the goal of every single state of the federation??!

Even highly economic states like Lagos, Ogun, Anambra and Kano are consistently striving to attract more investors... Has Akwa-Ibom arrived to the point of making this needless??! Or are you having very serious issues with comprehension this morning??!...

Some of you really don't know how to conduct yourselves in a proper discourse... Smh!!!
Re: Akwa Ibom 21 Storey Building Ready (Pictures) by Nobody: 9:16am On May 19, 2020
Anisylva263:

Then why not stop pitifully criticising pictures that actually has nothing of ur concern?
I quit.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

Inside N1,080,000,000 Banana Island Lagos Mansion (Video, Photos) / Construction Process Of A Wing Duplex+flat At Ajah / Cost Of Building A Four Bedroom Bungalow From Foundation.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.