Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,182 members, 7,849,685 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 07:55 AM

Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship (6139 Views)

Don't Be Deceived, Igboland Is Landlocked & Would Suffer Crippling Eco-Blockade / Original Map of Nigeria - Guess who is landlocked and guess who is missing ? / Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Area4Area: 10:06am On May 20, 2020
maestroferddi:
When one party appears to be taking advantage to stifle the other party, the arbitration will rule on what is reasonable and normative...

Your critical thinking index is inching towards zero...
Get the Biafra first
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by maestroferddi: 10:06am On May 20, 2020
[quote author=Area4Area post=89751709][/quote]You are trying to whip up emotions, oga...
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Igboid: 10:06am On May 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

Firstly there is no way biafra would go and Niger Delta remain in Nigeria

Two when biafra becomes independent try rubbish ...then we would fight full recognize country to fully recognized country

They no born Nigeria well Sha

SS are not foolish to turn their region to theatre of war front with independent Biafra, just so that hateful and bitter Yorubas will retain Lagos seaport monopoly, live in peace and go about their business in peace in SW, while SS territories will be in disarray as war rages on.

Yoruba hate will just not allow them reason well.
They think it's only them that knows what's good for themselves.

The whole "SS must hate Ndiigbo" campaign they started since 1960s is aimed towards SS allowing them to bring war of economic strangulation of Igboland to SS, while SW remains in peace and enjoy sea port monopoly.

These shadowy group can't help themselves .

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by maestroferddi: 10:07am On May 20, 2020
Area4Area:
Get the Biafra first
Fine that you have conceded defeat...

2 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Nobody: 10:10am On May 20, 2020
Area4Area:
Get your Biafra before insinuating and speculating about others because you may finally disappointed by those you're hoping on
Igbo land is not hopping on anyone ...no body can stop Igbo land headed ships from reaching out ports

SEREDEC would begin bids for this inland ports very soon ...private igbos like me would contribute millions to it to make it a reality ....

When we get out independent then try stopped the ship if we won't sink Lagos in 30 mins

4 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by mystery22: 10:27am On May 20, 2020
The biafrans withstood Nigeria/British war for three years,ekumeku war was the longest British resistance in Africa done by the Igbo's in anioma,we manufacture things,weapons anything just name,come to Aba and Onitsha and see things for yourself,innoson is doing wonders in anambra,the truth is will have suffered in Nigeria,our wings broken,give us Biafra and allow us to fly,I am happy we have access to the sea,(imo river like danube river flows to the atlantic ocean which give us access to sea) but might be landlocked,so no disadvantage for us in Biafra if the south south don't join us....look how south Korea flourished immediately they separated from north korea.
If Nigeria was like Switzerland nobody will agitate for Biafra... But project Nigeria failed..

3 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by gidgiddy: 12:25pm On May 20, 2020
Area4Area:
You love to repeat same thing all the time.

Nigeria will not deny Biafra as everyone knows but Nigeria could be giving Niger 5% tax on using her ports and Biafra 50%, that one is what no court, international body can come into that.

That is the agreement we are talking about, Biafra can't insist on her own terms, it must be on Nigerian terms.
Nigeria may even give Biafra 0% on using her ports, all must be discussed and agreed on

Not possible. Article 127 of UNCLOS says:

Article 127
Customs duties, taxes and other charges
1. Traffic in transit shall not be subject to any customs duties, taxes or
other charges except charges levied for specific services rendered in
connection with such traffic.
2. Means of transport in transit and other facilities provided for and
used by land-locked States shall not be subject to taxes or charges higher than
those levied for the use of means of transport of the transit State

Not only can Nigeria not stop the SE from having access to the Sea, they cannot tax them either.

5 Likes

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Brunicekid(m): 1:05pm On May 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

What sort of question is that ...is there any tribe with more political active people than igbos ?

Igbos are competetive in every sector politics included ....

We are tired of working with people that don't trust us and want to formalize it by being our own country
You have not answered my question...This is not an attack on Igbos... I want to analyze this issue from the scratch.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by IGBOSON1: 1:13pm On May 20, 2020
Parisian:
Lmao....Ignorance will drive ya'll into your own slaughter houses.

Let me make this clear. If a country is bordered by the sea, then anything 200 nautical miles into that sea is its territory.
Do you understand that? When biafra becones independent, it will "obviously" be landlocked (assuming no SS state choses to go with them). With that, they will be at the mercy of their SS neighbors and come into an agreement on tax/levies to pay whenever they want to use SS ports.

Trust the SS to slap huge taxes on them. It will be business as usual. Read up, so you don't get lost.

Your argument is flawed!

You’re assuming this so called SS will either remain in Nigeria as is (still the same SS, and i’m assuming with Igbo territories like Egbema and Ndoni), or will leave as is (still with those Igbo territories), and form Niger-Delta Republic!

And another thing you’re assuming is; when Ndigbo leave alone, that the present anti-Igbo political-economy, in place since 1966, will still persist which will see the likes of Efik/Ibibio/Annang, Opobo, etc, team up with Igbo haters that have been running things since ‘66, to frustrate the newly emergent Igbo nation!

You see how flawed your argument and that of the house-nigger Churchill Okonkwo is!?

The worst thing anyone can do if they want to try and persuade/force a Igboman away from a cause of action is to say he can’t do it!

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 2:01pm On May 20, 2020
maestroferddi:
Albert Enstein had a curious characterisation of insanity ....

What has more than 50 years of lazy idealism benefited this contraption?

Nothing is the answer.

Only cowards cower at outcomes that are looking inevitable...

The bold confront their fears with courage.

Assuming that Nigeria will continue as she is presently constituted is akin to leaving in a fool's paradise...

Have the Igbo elites not contributed to the destruction of this "contraption"? I can provide names if you cower at the obvious.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 2:04pm On May 20, 2020
maestroferddi:
You lack practicality, Mr Man...

The English, the French, the Italians and the Germans were the original arrowheads of the white race...

Most other whites accepted it and moved on with life.

Today the US is the capo di tuti capi in the scheme of things...everybody somehow accepts it and the world is thriving.

The supposition that all people are on the same footing, at least in the sense you are seeing it, is senseless idealism which lacks even a scintilla of pragmatism.

Petty jealousies and senseless spitefulness is buried deep in the DNA of an average black man...

For Africa to move ahead, her problems must be solved by Africans and I see nothing wrong for a signature race to champion the emancipation drive.

The Igbos can lead...

PostScript...No surprises that an Igbo son provided the wings with which you are apparently flying...

Mumu Oshi, what about the Russians, the great Austro-Hungarian empire and the great Viking from the scandis? Spare me, have we seen leadership in Igbo states? Or is it the same chop I chop? Again, there is zero special about the Igbo. There are no more special than the Tivs, Igbiras, Yorubas or Kanuris. Arrogance, they say, is blinding. It's no more obvious than in your nonsense comments.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 2:05pm On May 20, 2020
dokiOloye:

delusion of grandeur

Please elaborate. I'm lost
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Nobody: 2:07pm On May 20, 2020
The only reason why they will face hardship is because they have alienated every single ethnic group in Nigeria, not because they are landlocked.

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 2:09pm On May 20, 2020
dokiOloye:

Yellowbat ppl full for thread,de wail over a landlocked Igbo land grin
Is our God not a wonderful God? grin

Nobody gives a shit about Igbos besides poor minded folks similar to IPOB. It's Igbos living with everybody else that seem to care. Now I understand your delusion of Grandeur comment. IM your number and I will break your heart. His name is Emeka Anadu -- Bank of America Director of Risk. You feel better now?
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Lovelive: 2:17pm On May 20, 2020
helinues:

This is simply ranthq cheesy wink

So be it.
Next time, mind your own....
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Lovelive: 2:19pm On May 20, 2020
Esseite:
A good president would douse all these tribal hate and issues

Buhari was just wrong for a united nation.
It was never this bad..

I love this

1 Like

Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Lovelive: 2:19pm On May 20, 2020
hollah123:
just imagine

Niger State
Borno State
n some Northern states are bigger than d whole south east n these noise makers will not allow us to hear word

Then let them go. Free them
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by maestroferddi: 3:19pm On May 20, 2020
Dtribeless:

Mumu Oshi, what about the Russians, the great Austro-Hungarian empire and the great Viking from the scandis? Spare me, have we seen leadership in Igbo states? Or is it the same chop I chop? Again, there is zero special about the Igbo. There are no more special than the Tivs, Igbiras, Yorubas or Kanuris. Arrogance, they say, is blinding. It's no more obvious than in your nonsense comments.
I have made my points so you can continue regaling in fantasy...
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 3:20pm On May 20, 2020
maestroferddi:
I have made my points so you can continue regaling in fantasy...

You made no point. I heard poverty speaking loudly and clearly
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by maestroferddi: 3:27pm On May 20, 2020
Dtribeless:

You made no point. I heard poverty speaking loudly and clearly
You are living in a fool's paradise...

Audio money cannot buy common sense...
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 3:37pm On May 20, 2020
maestroferddi:
You are living in a fool's paradise...

Audio money cannot buy common sense...

Nobody discuss money. Is job money? Africans and low self esteem. Poverty, please go away and don't respond, or google your "brother", Emeka, and beg for money? I tell you what, he makes at least a quarter of a million dollars per annum. He can help your IPOB self.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by maestroferddi: 4:00pm On May 20, 2020
Dtribeless:

Nobody discuss money. Is job money? Africans and low self esteem. Poverty, please go away and don't respond, or google your "brother", Emeka, and beg for money? I tell you what, he makes at least a quarter of a million dollars per annum. He can help your IPOB self.
Are we on the same page?

Emeka? Who is he?

You have gone off at a tangent...
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 4:22pm On May 20, 2020
maestroferddi:
Are we on the same page?

Emeka? Who is he?

You have gone off at a tangent...

I mix you miscreants up sometimes, but yes, Emeka is an Igbo guy (not IPOB) that gave me a major break. Some other IPOB miscreant was going back on forth on that. I told him I don't hate Igbos; that one of them gave me an opportunity I did not deserve at that time, just because he identified with me being a Nigerian. So the foodfight on Nairaland is not real; it's where poor people on both sides go to show frustration. Clear?
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by ola6: 4:30pm On May 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

Igbo land is not hopping on anyone ...no body can stop Igbo land headed ships from reaching out ports

SEREDEC would begin bids for this inland ports very soon ...private igbos like me would contribute millions to it to make it a reality ....

When we get out independent then try stopped the ship if we won't sink Lagos in 30 mins

cheesy grin grin grin grin grin

You people sha want to suffer your people here
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by maestroferddi: 4:46pm On May 20, 2020
Dtribeless:

I mix you miscreants up sometimes, but yes, Emeka is an Igbo guy (not IPOB) that gave me a major break. Some other IPOB miscreant was going back on forth on that. I told him I don't hate Igbos; that one of them gave me an opportunity I did not deserve at that time, just because he identified with me being a Nigerian. So the foodfight on Nairaland is not real; it's where poor people on both sides go to show frustration. Clear?
You had better watched your language...

A supposedly exposed person like you should know better than to sound like an motor park tout/agbero...

Every Igboman who challenges who habit of spreading falsehood is an member of IPOB?

Stop sniffing stuff, this man...
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 5:25pm On May 20, 2020
maestroferddi:
You had better watched your language...

A supposedly exposed person like you should know better than to sound like an motor park tout/agbero...

Every Igboman who challenges who habit of spreading falsehood is an member of IPOB?

Stop sniffing stuff, this man...

You call me exposed but I don't claim such, but thank you. What falsehood have you challenged? By claiming Germany, Britain, US lead the West? Is that it? As for sniffing stuff, I'm in good company; Obama sniff stuff too, plus many successful people.

Now tell me, what do you drink? I don't want to touch that.
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by maestroferddi: 5:29pm On May 20, 2020
Dtribeless:

You call me exposed but I don't claim such, but thank you. What falsehood have you challenged? By claiming Germany, Britain, US lead the West? Is that it? As for sniffing stuff, I'm in good company; Obama sniff stuff too, plus many successful people.

Now tell me, what do you drink? I don't want to touch that.
Learn to read between the lines..."supposedly'

You are not adding intellectual value to me so you take a hike now...
Re: Do Not Be Deceived: Igboland Is Landlocked And Will Face Economic Hardship by Dtribeless: 5:32pm On May 20, 2020
maestroferddi:
Learn to read between the lines..."supposedly'

You are not adding intellectual value to me so you take a hike now...
\

I suggested that earlier, but but but.........

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Makinde, Others Can’t Be Blamed For Insecurity In Their States – Alaafin / Monica Ugwuanyi Campaigns Against Gender-Based Violence In Enugu State / Breaking News!!! Akwa Ibom Multi Billion Naira Church!!! The Governor Arrested

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.